Next Thread
Print Thread
#713888 08/14/12 09:13 PM
K
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
1. Will he play exclusively at LDE this year? I recall last year he got moved over to LDE and promptly responded with a highly productive season.
I don't think it would hurt to see him once in awhile move inside just to give the
defense a different look.

2.How often did Jauron have him drop back in pass coverage in 2011?

Legend
Legend
I think bringing him inside on passing situations would be interesting if we had backups who could rush the passer, but we don't, so I think it's best we keep him outside. Even if Gocong was available I would give it a shot, but we really have no ody to put out there.

#2 I couldn't be any help. Don't really remember that happening.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I see Winn as the inside rush guy on third and long ; maybe the new guy we just picked up Cameron ( quick first step ) .

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I see Winn as the inside rush guy on third and long ; maybe the new guy we just picked up Cameron ( quick first step ) .

this.

Sheard will be staying outside.

If he cant handle playing the RDE position, I doubt he can move inside.

Winn is pretty good attacking the QB, and the new guy's highlight reel shows that he is very quick off the snap.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

1. Will he play exclusively at LDE this year? I recall last year he got moved over to LDE and promptly responded with a highly productive season.
I don't think it would hurt to see him once in awhile move inside just to give the

If I remember correctly, they switched him over to LDE during camp last season because he wasn't being productive as a RDE.. (can't imagine you could make a living going against Joe Thomas everyday) anyway, that's where I think he remained for the year.

don't know what plans they have for him this year, but he did so well at LDE, why mess with it,.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

If I remember correctly, they switched him over to LDE during camp last season because he wasn't being productive as a RDE.. (can't imagine you could make a living going against Joe Thomas everyday) anyway, that's where I think he remained for the year.

don't know what plans they have for him this year, but he did so well at LDE, why mess with it,.

If It ain't broken ... then don't fix it lol.
It's obvious that it's more natural from him on the strong side.

He does rush from the inside too ... it's called a stunt.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
j/c

remember when they tried to "fix" Wimbley after his stellar rookie season.. and they were saying well he is too one-dimensional, lets not send him on the blitz as much, and drop him more into coverage.. it was down hill from there.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

remember when they tried to "fix" Wimbley after his stellar rookie season.. and they were saying well he is too one-dimensional, lets not send him on the blitz as much, and drop him more into coverage.. it was down hill from there.

Yes I do remember that.

Some players you can move around and have the same type of results with, but others play better in what comes natural and I think that Jabaal fit's into that category.

Instead of moving Jabaal around ... I think we would be better off to find other players to rush from the middle and the other end and just let him do his thing and what comes natural to him.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It takes a unique ability to provide the kind of pass rush we see from Sheard at the LDE position. I was hoping Frosty would stay healthy long enough to lock down the RDE spot but considering he is already injured, that was just a pipe dream. I would like to see Winn given a shot to rush from the end position, man he has a very quick burst and power.

I agree, don't mess with Sheard but next year, I am all in on a pass rushing DE or maybe one in free agency.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that we should move Sheard to RDE. We found something that works and works well. Of course we should change it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Sheard and Mitchell switched sides prior to the Colts game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sheard and Mitchell switched sides prior to the Colts game.

So it didn't happen during camp? Thought for sure it did,.., oh well,, just my memory going south on me I guess

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Nope.

Relocated Sheard, Mitchell help Cleveland Browns' defensive line find a winning rhythm | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/09/relocated_sheard_mitchell_help.html

They switched in the Colts game. (Week 2 last year) We played the Bengals week 1, and Sheard played the opposite side in that game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jabaal Sheard questions

Link Copied to Clipboard