Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Report: NFL finally reaches deal with Time Warner Cable

September 21, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT

The NFL has apparently reached a deal to end a longer-running impasse than the one with its officials.

According to Scott Soshnick of Bloomberg, the league has reached an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry the NFL Network and Red Zone Channel.

Time Warner has about 12 million subscribers, and was the last major cable carrier without a deal with the NFL.

The league was careful to point out the lack of Time Warner’s presence when it signed a deal with Cablevision, noting it was the only one of the top nine carriers without the channel.

It’s a huge get for fans in New York City, as well as smaller markets such as Charlotte which were locked in with TWC. Of course, at least one customer in Charlotte (Gruden thumbs, this guy) got tired of waiting and switched.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This news is so 2004 (the year in which I got NFL Network).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hell has frozen over.

Legend
Legend
The Mayans were right.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
and the first NFL game likely to be shown on NFLN on TWC:

Baltimore vs. Cleveland

right after Art Modell died

Last edited by no_logo_required; 09/21/12 12:34 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In a related story, Time Warner to raise its rates by 12%.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i wonder if it will be on basic package and/or what channel

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
I'm guessing it will be part of some big 'Sports' package.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In a related story, Time Warner to raise its rates by 12%.

In a related story, TWC announces a 49% drop in subscribers

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is part of the basic package from what I read.

The RedZone channel is part of the Sports Tier.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Checked my guide today. Nothing yet!

Can't find any word on when its supposed to debut.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Checked my guide today. Nothing yet!

Can't find any word on when its supposed to debut.

When I'm on the iPhone app there is a channel 310 and 1310 that just says sign off, no call letters, no channel info. I'm wondering if it will be these channels.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
310 is the FSN alternate channel.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ahhh, well 306, 307, 311, 312, 313, 314 & 315 are open as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm on my phone but the AP is reporting it sarts Sunday!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Mayans were right.

Wait on that one, Barry hasn't won yet.

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
RedZone Channel to launch Sunday, full rollout by next Thursday.

link

S
Legend
Legend
S
Glad to hear for you TWC subscribers that you get NFLN and Red Zone.

NFLN is a must for the Thurs games, but outside of that, meh..

Red Zone? It's the greatest thing ever. I turn it on when the Browns are not playing or are in commercial. It runs constant, whatever is hot during game day, they take you there. If you're a fantasy or gambler, it's awesome.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
This is good. I avoided TWC for years because of this. When I moved to Germany, I picked it up in the states becasue they had the fastest upload speed in Columbus for better viewing of my slingbox.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

RedZone Channel to launch Sunday, full rollout by next Thursday.

link

Great news, didn't expect to have red zone available tomorrow.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Glad to be having NFLN for the Browns/Ravens...didnt wanna have to leave the house

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
NFL Network already working here. TW has no idea how close we were to switching. Very happy again.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
It's working for me today!! Channel 1346!!

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

It's working for me today!! Channel 1346!!

Same here. It's not in my channel guide yet but the channel is tuning.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In Columbus, 1346 has a nice HD pic for me featuring the NFL network.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I'm getting NFL network right now (Columbus). I just added the Sports package for 6 bucks a month to get the redzone channel. can't wait to drop that back off when the season ends.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I never considered the sports package before but bought it in a heartbeat with red zone added to it.

ESPN goal line doesn't look too bad, will probably check it out for awhile once the OSU game ends.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In Columbus, 1346 has a nice HD pic for me featuring the NFL network.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Out of curiousity, what else do you get with the "sports tier"? I've never had this Red Zone that everyone seems to describe as the best thing ever so it doesn't really bother me that I don't have it... but 6 bucks a month, when added on to the ridiculous amount I'm already spending on Time Warner, is nothing.

btw - 1346 is working here too. I figured it was coming soon due to my cable running at a snails pace for the last day (it seems to do that when a channel is added).

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I think that's the one that has a bunch of the ESPN channels, MLB channel, NBAtv, NHL, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Speed, G4, etc etc. I could be wrong though. I used to have a link to their channel guide but it doesn't seem to be working any longer.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
It's a sports tier, so pretty much any sports channel not available now, will be.

Speed channel is going away (gee, thanks fox sports), to be replaced by a mostly MLB fox run channel. Motorsports (stuff from on Speed.) will mostly be moved to Fuel, which is currently a lot of UFC and boxing. But, that sports tier will get Fuel added. Having my husband call TWC soon to find out what else we'd get. He's the one that would want Fuel. I'd like to have Red Zone. But if I don't have it, I won't care.

If hubs calls soon, I'll let you know what's included.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Now, why didn't I think to use the tools at my fingertips? LOL! Thanks for the link.

I see only 4 channels the hubs and I would maybe be interested in.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Yeah, its not much extra, which is why I will cancel it when the season is over.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Post deleted by ddubia

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
NFL Network, Time Warner Cable reach multiyear agreement

NFL Network reached multiyear agreements with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, the country's respective second- and sixth-largest cable providers, for carriage of NFL Network and the NFL RedZone channel, it was announced today.

NFL Network and NFL RedZone will debut in Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks homes beginning this Sunday, September 23, with full launch before Thursday, September 27.

"We're delighted to have reached an agreement for NFL Network and NFL RedZone that provides a good value to our customers," said Melinda Witmer, Executive Vice President and Chief Video and Content Officer for Time Warner Cable. "The additional games this year and the proven appeal of NFL RedZone will certainly prove to be a draw for our customers. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with the NFL."

"We thank our customers for their patience while a fair deal was reached for all involved," said Steve Miron, CEO, Bright House Networks. "It is especially rewarding to say yes to our customers who have requested NFL Network's award-winning coverage."

"We are excited to work with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks to bring fans football 24 hours a day, 365 days a year," said NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein. "Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks subscribers will be able to enjoy our weekly Thursday Night Football schedule, our award-winning Sunday NFL GameDay shows, NFL Total Access, NFL Films programming and much more. In addition, the NFL RedZone channel is a truly exciting way to enhance your Sunday football viewing experience each and every week."

Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are major cable providers in the home markets for 12 NFL teams (Buffalo, Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, New York Giants, New York Jets, San Diego and Tampa Bay). For Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, NFL Network will be available on the Digital Basic and Sports Pass tiers, and NFL RedZone will be available to Sports Pass customers.

NFL Network is the home of Thursday Night Football -- 13 prime-time NFL regular-season games from September through December -- and is the destination for all that happens around the sport of football. NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides viewers with more than 2,500 hours per year of original programming, including: NFL Total Access, NFL GameDay, the new four-hour NFL AM weekday morning show, Top 10, Playbook, NFL Replay, NFL Classic Games plus the Emmy award-winning Sound FX and America's Game.

NFL Network also features every NFL preseason game, the Senior Bowl, plus more coverage of the NFL Draft, Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony, NFL Scouting Combine and Super Bowl than anyone else.

The extraordinarily popular NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, whips around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons, delivering the touchdowns and most exciting moments as they happen and in high definition. When a team goes inside the 20-yard line, fans see the crucial plays live. The channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. For more information on NFL RedZone, visit www.nfl.com/redzonetv.

NFL.com

Last edited by ddubia; 09/23/12 08:05 AM.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is there anything on the Red Zone channel during the week?

We may pass on it...not home during games anyway.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No there isn't anything on it during the week, it's just Sunday from 1 pm until about 7:30 when the 4 pm games usually end.

Then they show a montage of every touchdown scored on the day. Which is awesome, no need to subject myself to an hour of crappy football shows like Football Night in America.

If you're really into fantasy football then red zone is something you must have. If you're not into fantasy football then it's something you probably wont miss very much.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I'm liking it... cool to have it flip through all these OT games without having to do it myself (couldn't anyway since I don't have the ticket)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I do have Sunday Ticket, and it really is nice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Time Warner Cable finally gets NFL Network & Red-Zone Channel...

Link Copied to Clipboard