Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Texas now has enough signatures to force the White House to review the petition.

It's never going to happen, but still pretty funny that they are now going to have to issue a ruling on this LOL.

Link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If I was a democrat or President Obama I would let Texas secede. Without those electorial vote pretty much guaranteed to the Republicans I don't see how the Republicans could ever with the general election again...

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I was thinking the same thing

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Legend
Legend
Bye.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If I was a democrat or President Obama I would let Texas secede. Without those electorial vote pretty much guaranteed to the Republicans I don't see how the Republicans could ever with the general election again...

You might be surprised who and how many would move to Texas and what you would get out of Texas in the trade if this were to happen... I personally think San Antonio is beautiful...

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Louisiana is getting close to having the 25k signatures to put their secession to a vote as well.

Good for them.

Last edited by GraffZ06; 11/12/12 06:13 PM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Louisiana is getting close to having the 25k signatures to put their succession to a vote as well.

Good for them.

Interesting two states with unemployment rates better than the national average.

yebat' Putin
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think it was MSNBC on election night that said Texas could be a blue state in 8 years.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think it was MSNBC on election night that said Texas could be a blue state in 8 years.

They're trying to secede; I'd say that they're feeling pretty blue already

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I hope they give everyone (like my wife and me) enough warning to GTFO.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's because of the growth of the Hispanic population.

If we go solely by growth of the Black and Hispanic populations, we may have nothing but blue states before too much longer. I recall something about Hispanics and Latinos accounting for 25% of the total population under 18 ... or 21 ....it was one of the 2. (it was 18, I found the article) Black population among this group has remained somewhat consistent, and has dropped quite a bit among White people. The Asian population in this range grew somewhat too ..... though it is a much smaller percentage of the overall population.

Here is the article:

Hispanics Lead U.S. Population Growth - WSJ.com
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704604704576220603247344790.html

I do think that Republicans must do a much better job talking to Hispanic areas, and Hispanic people. They cannot go on speaking to white crowds, in predominantly white areas, and expect to reach Hispanic voters.

I fully expect either Rubio or Martinez to be on the Republican ticket next time around. It sounds horrible that I would say that they must have a Hispanic on the ticket, but I think that the Republicans need a candidate who can speak to Hispanics about their concerns before that voting block becomes a set in lock for the Democrats like the Black vote is ..... where Democrats can count on 90% year in and year out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
You don't think it has anything to do with the influx of educated people from less-red states independent of race going to all these jobs the Rick Perry "created?"

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

You don't think it has anything to do with the influx of educated people from less-red states independent of race going to all these jobs the Rick Perry "created?"

are you saying that Hispanics and Blacks aren't educated?

(it's been a whole week since we've been inundated with negative political ads, couldn't resist)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Clearly not, if you read all of what you quoted...

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
But will they still let them play sports across borders???

Will Texas A&M still be allowed to play in the SEC?

Will Dallas still be "America's Team" LOL?

What will they do, what will San Antonio do more precisely, if the Air Force and Army pull out?

Good luck to all the cowpokes in Texas with this one . . . lol

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Clearly not, if you read all of what you quoted...

so, in your opinion, blacks and hispanics are clearly not educated.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

What will they do, what will San Antonio do more precisely, if the Air Force and Army pull out?

just playing devil's advocate, but I wonder what percentage of the armed forces are from Texas. I don't think it's small.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c....

"secede from the Union"

In plumbing terms, a "union" is a connection made using a free-spinning nut. So, we're just disconnecting the nuts?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

N
Legend
Legend
N
and they shall dub this new nation formed: SEC

States Electoral of the Confederation

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Quote:

j/c....

"secede from the Union"

In plumbing terms, a "union" is a connection made using a free-spinning nut. So, we're just disconnecting the nuts?

Well sounds like someone is getting castrated !!!
The question is, is it Texas or America ?

Go Browns !!!!
Legend
Legend
If Texas were allowed to secede, I'd bet good money that little south border problem would be fixed, in no time.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Since Middle Class Whites tend to be more Republican than Democrat, I doubt it. President Obama won almost all of the Black and Hispanic votes in this past election .....

Of the 62 or so million people who voted for Obama, almost half were "other than White" voters. (Black, Hispanic, Asian) Romney had almost 59 million votes as of the tally I just saw, and almost all of that was White voters.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Crap!! I didn't get to sign!

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's plain spooky ! You talk about going back in Time ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/...e-response?lite

Similar petitions from other states have also been filed including: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Tennessee. However, unlike the petition from Texas, none of these states had reached the 25,000-signature threshold to get an official White House response as of Monday evening.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
and I say to all the sorry backwood biggot losers that want to take their ball and go home.... "Good day sir"

"I SAID GOOD DAY"

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

and I say to all the sorry backwood biggot losers that want to take their ball and go home.... "Good day sir"

"I SAID GOOD DAY"

So, people that are tired of where our fed. gov't. is taking the country are "backwoods bigot losers...."? I like your tolerance level.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Ricky Perry did a great job of portraying all Texans as bigots. I don't believe Texans are as crazy or as bigoted as Perry but this commercial speaks for itself.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

"I SAID GOOD DAY"

So, people that are tired of where our fed. gov't. is taking the country are "backwoods bigot losers...."? I like your tolerance level.

They had no problem with the federal government when it was their guy jacking up its scope and power.

A credible argument could be made if there was any consistency. But this is just partisan sour grapes.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
To me, that is the message the conservatives need to get away from. They are alienating way too many voters with these kind of ridiculous stances. I don't understand why someone would be gay, but where is it for me to say it is wrong? It won't sway my vote to the liberal side, but it may certainly others that put more into social issues than I do. My view on most social issues is that if they don't affect me why should I even care. That may sound selfish, but to me social issues are about the individuals beliefs and they should feel free to do as they please. Fiscal issues and defense/foreign affairs are much more important to me and I lean more towards the conservative side for those hence my typically sticking with the Republicans.

#gmstrong
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

Quote:

"I SAID GOOD DAY"

You judge my tolerance level???? I'm not the one wanting to form another country cuz a black man won.

And NO, I have no tolerance for absurd ignorance when these clowns talk of secession. If you have heard half the ignorant stuff some of the hicks living in my area have said cuz Obama won this time and last time. You would feel the same way. Half of them will openly say they would kill that "N-word" If they could get within 100yds. And then you ask them why, and no intelligent response. Just racial hatred and fear mongering.

And the sooner you learn this the better "Most Americans"are ignorant and very stupid. Republicans and Democrats. To be honest, I miss the midwest cuz we must have better schools, family morales, or something cuz the percentage definitely goes down in those states.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

You judge my tolerance level???? I'm not the one wanting to form another country cuz a black man won.

LMAO - you think it is because he is black. That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this message board. It is because he, along with the rest of his liberal bandwagon, are driving this country off the cliff. It has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with the fact the man has no clue.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

LMAO - you think it is because he is black. That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this message board. It is because he, along with the rest of his liberal bandwagon, are driving this country off the cliff. It has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with the fact the man has no clue.

Race plays a role, but I'd never call it the sole driver. It's the straw man idea of who he is.

Again, no one who is petrified about going off the cliff seemed too concerned when it was their team.

If Obama was a GOP candidate (which he actually closely resembles), the outrage would be minimal.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Really????
I dont see anyone on this board calling for succession. And I dont feel that many conservatives on this board feel that way, because of race. They have strong intelligent opinions. But there is a couple on here who i get the sense that its a race thing more than political belief thing.

You need to get out more. Cuz it definitely is a factor with many across the country. Hell, half of them still believe he's a Muslim and not an American. And FYI ... I live in the south.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
22 states have petitioned, Louisianna has 24,000 sigs, Texas has 50,000 and alabama has over 14,000.

I think it's getting serious enough

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Its not serious. And who is really taking it seriously, no one. Its whiny poor losers that dont realize that their views are not the majority and want to cry about it. Yet they never stood up once when their party threw our country into this uproar to begin with.

"I SAID GOOD DAY"
Fez

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You've said good day too many times to keep posting lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Texas Petition To Secede From United States

Link Copied to Clipboard