Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

... and you expect them to pay attention to other political details?

The Presidential race has largely become a popularity contest. Give a good speech, go on all of the entertainment shows,and never discuss anything of substance that might confuse the uninformed masses who get their "news" from John Stewart.

Coming from a guy who thought that Herman Cain 'had promise' as a candidate?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

OK I am in the old, old, old fart segement but mark me down for

1. Gay marriage.... It's just fine
2. Pot... It should have been legal 40 years ago
3. ILLEGAL immigrants ... They should have been shot 40 years ago and every day ever since.

I'm only an old,old fart but agree with GM.

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
Legend
Legend
He did have promise. Unfortunately, that promise burned out in light of allegations that have vanished into the ether once he withdrew from the race.

Besides, according to you it doesn't make a bit of difference who we vote for, so I don't see why it would concern you in the least.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

OK I am in the old, old, old fart segement but mark me down for

1. Gay marriage.... It's just fine
2. Pot... It should have been legal 40 years ago
3. ILLEGAL immigrants ... They should have been shot 40 years ago and every day ever since.

I agree with you on all of this GM.

1. Gay marriage, whatever let them do whatever they want to. Just stop trying to shove it in my face.
2. Absolutely agree. Alcohol used to be illegal. Times are changing.
3. ^

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

1. Gay marriage, whatever let them do whatever they want to. Just stop trying to shove it in my face.

I'm always curious as to what this means. I think to a lot of people it means..."I'm going to try to act like I'm not bothered by you and your lifestyle, but I really am and just want you to go away."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its the Clinton philosophy of Don't ask, Don't tell.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Its the Clinton philosophy of Don't ask, Don't tell.

No, it's not. Clinton's philosophy was getting rid of discrimination based on sexual orientation. He settled for don't ask, don't tell because that is as much as he could get at the time. Instead of "all or nothing" approach he made an unpopular decision to take steps to further his agenda.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I'm always curious as to what this means. I think to a lot of people it means..."I'm going to try to act like I'm not bothered by you and your lifestyle, but I really am and just want you to go away."

Nah it's more like.

"Please cousin of mine stop posting pictures of gay men that show up on my Facebook newsfeed. I don't hate you but it's annoying."

I don't post a bunch of pictures of naked woman on mine. Obviously not all of them do it. It's just I've met a few that do it to annoy others.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nah it's more like.

"Please cousin of mine stop posting pictures of gay men that show up on my Facebook newsfeed. I don't hate you but it's annoying."

I don't post a bunch of pictures of naked woman on mine. Obviously not all of them do it. It's just I've met a few that do it to annoy others.

I have a friend on Facebook who posts some of the most outrageous stuff. I can either unfriend him, not follow him or ignore stuff if I don't like it. None of what he posts am I forced to see. I knew ahead of time that he is a Dj that caters to the gay, lesbian and transgender community.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nah it's more like.

I have a friend on Facebook who posts some of the most outrageous stuff. I can either unfriend him, not follow him or ignore stuff if I don't like it. None of what he posts am I forced to see. I knew ahead of time that he is a Dj that caters to the gay, lesbian and transgender community.

How do you "not follow?"

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nah it's more like.

There are plenty of heterosexual people that do the same thing. I don't recall anyone asking them not to shove their heterosexuality in their faces. All groups of people have their share of pigs in it, no need to single out just one. Anyone doing that on my Facebook would get an unfriend real quick.

Legend
Legend
I unfriend friends that do it.

I just don't feel right doing that to blood for some reason.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Just unfollow like Pdawg said, it works well!

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I support a pathway to citizenship. It's called get in line with everyone else.

This.

If this question was asked, "a path to citizenship" then I think the results are going to be skewed.

Sure, they can have a path to citizenship, and they should.

But, if you're here illegally, back ya go.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... The stark generational divide on pot, gay marriage and illegal immigration

Link Copied to Clipboard