Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CBFAN19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
This is a crazy story about a cop who dunked his head in urine at a Browns game just for some money.

http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_22003143/cop-suspended-dunking-head-urine?source=email

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
F
Legend
Legend
F
I think the police Chiefs explanation for the suspension was legitimate. That's what I was looking for in the story is the grounds for suspension of an off-duty activity, and I think he got it right.

Beyond that....what an idot!!!!!

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
CBFAN19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
I agree on all counts! There are a lot of things I'd do for $450, but this isn't one of them!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
Steriods and too much beer are bad....

<><

#gmstrong
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Why is he being suspended? Is my question.
Was he on duty? no
Was he wearing a uniform? no
Did he harm or put someone in harms way by his actions? no

I'm sorry no matter how assinine this is....he was on his own time. What the hell does his job have to do with it? I agree it may look bad on him and the police force he works for but what does this have to do with him working.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Here's why

http://www.youtube.com/v/0Y3rVGW24wc

USA in a nutshell, best show ever btw

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
this has been posted and it happened weeks ago...have you had your head in a bucket of ....

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Because it came out he was a cop. If he remained anonymous in the news reports, nothing probably would have happened.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
He was on his own time, he didn't hurt anyone, he has to have his own life. People's professions don't have a right to demand that they act a certain way on their own time.

But things are different for the police.
You don't dishonor the badge.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
There are MANY professions that what you do on your own time effects what can happen to you at work. Ask Patreus...

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Why is he being suspended? Is my question.
Was he on duty? no
Was he wearing a uniform? no
Did he harm or put someone in harms way by his actions? no

I'm sorry no matter how assinine this is....he was on his own time. What the hell does his job have to do with it? I agree it may look bad on him and the police force he works for but what does this have to do with him working.

It was right in the article

Quote:

Police Chief Dan Llewellyn's disciplinary action notice explained the decision to suspend Croucher, a 16-year police veteran. "You were identified as a Mentor Police Officer and that information was broadcast on many of the television, internet and news print media casting a negative light on the professionalism of not only yourself as a M.P.D. officer, but the entire organization," Llewellyn wrote.

He was identified as an officer and that was relayed several times on different media types. Most departments have a code of conduct which includes a some sort of conduct while off-duty.Had this video not gone online or never been filmed nothing would have happened.

It's actually a problem with everyone carrying a camera phone around, and why you need to be aware of what you do, especially when considering to do things out of the norm that may harm your reputation or come back and haunt you in the future.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Great reflection on Browns fans/cops!

Link Copied to Clipboard