Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
I dont have video of it...but today...was the most ridiculous sports ending I've ever witness/been apart of...

So...tonight, my Division 3 College JV team at Medaille College (of Buffalo) played a home game v. St John Fisher (of Rochester).

We lead by 6 at halftime, go down 8 with about 6 mins left, and come back, and with 5 seconds left (after being down 5 and some fouling working to get us within 2 with 12 seconds left...we hit a 3 to go up 1...they inbound quick and rush down the sideline and throw up a halfcourt 3 last ditch effort to win...and it doesnt go in...WE WIN...wait just kidding. As the kid threw the ball at the basket...20ish people sprint on the court to celebrate our win...cept theres 1.7 seconds left...and since they ran on the court (in the refs words) before the kid let go of the ball...we get a tech for rushing the court before the end...kids hits 2 free throws, and we dont win. We foul, kid misses both, but with 0.8 seconds left, all we can do is chuck the ball and miss...and we lose.

So...My Medaille College JV team loses because 30 people rush the court BEFORE the game ends...with 1.7 seconds left...led by 3 VARSITY players...3 players that play for the varsity program at our school led the charge of 30ish people onto the court that got us a T that lost the game.

Ive never seen anything like it in my entire life...I thought the Browns had found every way to LOSE a game...turns out, theres another.

I just had to share it, cuz...i cant just tell no one other than the people that came to watch it that i know...

unbelieveable...anyone else seen anything like that? Or seen anything comparable? 4 hours later...im still in shock/dumbfounded. This kinda stuff doesnt happen to other people it feels...

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Watch LSU Kentucky football game from a few years back.

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

I watched this live and it goes down as the most unbelievable ending I've ever witnessed.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It's crazy how, simply calling a TO with 20 seconds to go can alter history...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Just to add further color.

Kentucky gave the coach a gatorade bath. Just a little too early.

And the fans ran out on the field to celebrate a victory mid-play...the play that unbelievably went against them.

It was hilarious and awesome.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sounds like some kids at your college suffer from premature celebration.

yebat' Putin
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I just watch Browns football every week. And since 1980 & Red Right 88, I've seen these whacky endings at a regular basis.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
Between (multiple) Hail Mary wins, Dwayne Rudd's helmet, and Bottle gate...

Nothing really "shocks" me anymore..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

This obviously doesn't qualify for craziest sports ending ever....but it is my first memory of being a Browns fan.

Watching this game in my living room with my grandparents and about a half dozen other adults. I was 6 at the time. And my face was about a foot from the TV in anticipation with a couple seconds left.

Hail Mary....

Tip!

Oh no.

Shock

I remember looking around the room like...what just happened?!?

Oh how apropos that introduction to life as a Cleveland fan would be.

P.S. Every time I saw Ahmad Rashad's face on the TV after that...I always gave him the middle finger. Still do!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Surprised nobody has mentioned:

Legend
Legend
The frickin' Bears scoring two touchdowns in 28 seconds to tie us then win in OT is one of the craziest I've seen.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The frickin' Bears scoring two touchdowns in 28 seconds to tie us then win in OT is one of the craziest I've seen.

I remember that game

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Didn't we beat them?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Great Thread.

I was in third grade, and I was there. I'll never forget my father pointing at the field and shouting "The best game ever, the best game ever" Man it was awesome. At the beginning of the video, you see Freeman Mcneil score, at this point, people started filing out of the stadium... Listen to the commentary. Just an amazing game. I'll shut up now.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Didn't we beat them?

No. Mike Brown's infamous pick 6 in OT finished us off.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't we beat them?

No. Mike Brown's infamous pick 6 in OT finished us off.

Ooooooh.. I remember that game.

I was thinking of the Trent Dilfer/Antonio Bryant game against Kyle Orton.

Last edited by OSGuy; 11/21/12 11:06 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That was cool. Thanks for posting.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
i remember that game...

so depressing. I was ready to turn it off (not really but) and then...it wasnt over...and then we lost. gross

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
K
1st String
1st String
K
2002 when we made the playoffs, there were 4 games that we won that were crazy:

1. When we beat Tenn Titans. That's the game Northcutt went out of his mind and caught everything. He was also the one that laid out of the onside kick. We overloaded the right side and left him alone on the left.

2. We beat Jacksonville on a hail mary to Quincy Morgan

3. We beat the Jets in New York. This was the game right after Al Lerner died.

4. Of course the playoff game we lost to Pitt. Northcutt drops a pass that goes right threw his hands to seal it.. Butch Davis has a brain cramp and goes prevent defense in the 2nd quarther (exagerating I know.)

I may have the year mixed up on some of these but I believe they all happened in 2002

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Craziest Sports Ending Ever...

Link Copied to Clipboard