Print Thread
#739796 12/18/12 11:18 PM
O
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
web page

The Browns on Tuesday placed linebacker James-Michael Johnson and defensive back T.J. Ward on injured reserve with knee injuries.

Maybe it's been posted, maybe not.

JMJ has been over-shadowed by other rooks, and Ward misses more time with injuries.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't know. This kind of comes across as shutting it down a bit. I'm not sure on who's side ... players, coaches, Haslam wanting to get a look at some other guys or whatever.

But a knee bruise for Ward? Just seems kind of odd to me that would send him to IR. My take is Haslam and Co. know Ward is a part of the future and want to see what some other guys have ... Hagg, Gipson, maybe Bade ...

JMJ, don't really notice him much. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on the team next year or off of it.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
The run defense definitely improved when JMJ became the starter, and improved since then.

I like him at OLB, and Ward is, by far, our best SS. Unfortunately, both guys have been injury prone this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We won't be much worse in pass coverage with Ward gone, honestly.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We won't be much worse in pass coverage with Ward gone, honestly.

I disagree.

Ward gets a bad rap in pass coverage, but I think that he gets a lot of the blame for screw-ups by Young in coverage. Ward has decent range for a SS, and he's a solid tackler in most instances. He does sometimes go for the knockout hit and misses the tackle, and that drives me up the wall. He also did get juked out on the long TD run to open the Chefs game, but those are exceptions. He is a big reason why our run defense has improved this year. He can also cover receivers fairly well. He's not a CB, but he is one of the better SS in the AFC.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Ward is, by far, our best SS.

I agree but have to wonder if that speaks more to Ward or the quality/lack thereof with our safeties.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I thought we would see more of Bademosi but I haven't noticed him much. Maybe now he will get a little playing time.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ward and JMJ placed on IR

Link Copied to Clipboard