Print Thread
R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...utm_source=t.co

Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas voted to sixth straight AFC Pro Bowl, Cribbs a first alternate

By: Mary Kay Cabot
The Plain Dealer

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns left Joe Thomas has been voted to his sixth straight AFC Pro Bowl, league sources said.

In addition, receiver Josh Cribbs has been voted a first alternate both as a special teamer and kick returner.

Official announcements will come at 7 p.m. on NFL Network.

Thomas finds himself in some very elite company. Of the 15 players who have made the Pro Bowl in each of their first six seasons, 13 of them are in the Hall of Fame, which was one Thomas' identified goals when he was first drafted by the Browns with the third overall pick in 2007.

The list includes Jim Brown, Dick Butkus, Joe Greene, Franco Harris, Barry Sanders, Merlin Olsen Emmitt Smith and Lawrence Taylor.

Thomas has started all 80 career games at left tackle and has not missed an offensive snap since joining the Browns. According to profootballfocus, he's the second-rated pass blocker this season behind Cincy's Andre Whitworth. Thomas has surrendered three sacks, three hits and hurries.

"I think I feel I’m getting better every year and my best is still yet to come so I still feel like I’ve got more in the tank and hopefully next year will be better than this year and I’ll keep growing that pattern,'' Thomas said today before the teams were announced.

Cribbs also said today that it would be important for him to make the Pro Bowl this season, especially considering it could be his last in a Browns uniform.

Cribbs re-iterated he wants to finish his career here. He said he let his anger get the best of him when he sent an angry tweet to his detractors after the Denver game. He said "I can redeem myself by playing good against Pittsburgh'' in the season finale on Sunday.

Thomas also said he was pulling for kicker Phil Dawson to make the Pro Bowl for the first time, citing his excellent season and only one missed kick, which was blocked.

Thomas will be available on a conference call tonight after the rosters are announced.

Legend
Legend
Dawson makes it!!! Good for Phil.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
All Pro
All Pro
B

Congrats Joe Thomas, you are the best in the business.

Congrats Phil Dawson, you also are the best.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
6 Pro Bowls and 0 playoff appearances for Joe Thomas.
I bet if you asked him,he would prefer to have those numbers turned around.
I would not be surprised if he didn't see a playoff game with the Browns.
Of all the Browns starters off offense/defense he was only one that belonged

All Pro
All Pro
j/c...Congrat Joe,Phil, and Josh

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Damned glad Dawson got one.

Thomas is the best LT in the business. Will be a HOF'er before it's done.

Cribbs got in probably on reputation as he didn't have a great year.

Glad it's 3 for the hometowners though.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was LONG deserving! So happy for him.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
DAWSON!!!!!

He deserves that trip to Hawaii. Good for Dawson. He should be a future hall of famer.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Phil!!!! Whooo hoooo! my hundreds of votes couldn't have hurt!

I am happy for all of them. I think they all deserve it. I think DQ had a great year as well as Mack. I think Shwartz had a good year, and most of the D line as well though.

Last edited by AkBrownsfan; 12/26/12 11:04 PM.
Legend
Legend
Congratulations to our Pro Bowlers.

I think that my 300 or so votes for Dawson helped as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Good for them. Hopefully we get to keep all 3 of them here.

Legend
Legend
Dawson!!!! So happy for that guy! Well deserved!

<><

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Dawson!!!! So happy for that guy! Well deserved!

That is great news. If this truely is his last year with the Browns at least it was a PRO BOWL year!

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Thomas, congratulations.
When it comes to best Browns left tackle, he still is 2nd to another in my book.

When the Browns had the best LT in the game, unhearalded or recognized, if I remember right.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

When the Browns had the best LT in the game, unhearalded or recognized, if I remember right.

Joe Thomas?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Thomas finds himself in some very elite company. Of the 15 players who have made the Pro Bowl in each of their first six seasons, 13 of them are in the Hall of Fame, which was one Thomas' identified goals when he was first drafted by the Browns with the third overall pick in 2007.

If he keeps it up he's a shoe-in.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
The Browns should have drafted Adrian Peterson that year.
As great as Thomas is,Peterson means more to the Vikings offense than Thomas does to the Browns offense.
without Peterson,the Vikings aren't a 9-6 team.
I just wonder if Thomas will ever see a playoff game?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Troll.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
sometimes I just dont understand how you can be so far off base in your thinking.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Shouldn't you be posting on a Bengals board since you're a Bengals fan?

Legend
Legend
Dawson gets in. So deserving and so insanely long overdue. Special props to Thomas; he is really in some special company there. Glad for Cribbs. Nice of him to cheapen this with negotiations in the media publicly again. That is the only disappointment. Rough to see your skill slippage, I suppose.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Quote:

Joe Thomas?

Not quite. I mean Tony Jones, sometime around 1991-1994

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Thomas voted to sixth straight Pro Bowl, Cribbs a first alternate

Link Copied to Clipboard