Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
LEVELAND - Cleveland Browns Stadium may soon be getting a new name, and the talk of it is 'sparking’ conversations in northern Ohio.
A source who claims to be connected with the Wilson Football plant in Ada, Ohio, told NewsChannel5 that the company made footballs for the Browns with the name “FirstEnergy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium” on them.
The source said about 60 footballs were manufactured and shipped out last Thursday.
Wilson, located in Hardin County, is the official manufacturer of footballs for the National Football League.
However, neither the team nor FirstEnergy are talking about the possibility of the stadium being renamed.
“If you are referring to an earlier report from today, we do not have a comment on that,” said Neal Gulkis, a spokesman for the Browns.
FirstEnergy offered information about its connections to Cleveland sports teams.
“FirstEnergy has been a proud supporter of civic, arts and professional sports organizations throughout the company’s service area, which extends across Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey. In Ohio, we’ve long championed Cleveland teams with prominent sponsorships at Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena,” said Todd Schneider, spokesman for FirstEnergy. “While we remain committed to partnering with local community leaders and businesses to make our communities attractive places to live and work, we have no new announcements regarding any major sponsorships at this time.”
NewsChannel5 reporter Kristin Volk stopped by Slyman's Deli in Cleveland to see what the lunch crowd thought about possible change.
"'Slyman's Reuben Stadium' instead of the Browns Stadium? That's what folks at Slyman's think!" said Volk in a tweet ( @Kristin_Volk ).
NewsChannel5 will continue to follow this story. Keep checking newsnet5.com for the latest information.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/footb...s#ixzz2HzHnuJ4W

Last edited by Referee2; 01/14/13 09:13 PM.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Sounds like possible naming rights to the field itself, not the stadium.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Sorry about the crazy Kendall Storm-esque paragraph formatting. I copy and pasted it and that's how it came out.

Legend
Legend
I don't have a problem with that at all. I want Haslam to make all of the money he can off of naming rights and everything else so he doesn't go broke from the massive price he paid for the team.

I want to see him rolling in money so that he has plenty to invest in the team and coaching/scouting/support staffs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Win or lose, I don't care about the name of the stadium. It's a stadium, that is all.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Exactly. If the Browns were introduced as "The defending Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns, Playing on First Energy Field, at Walmart Stadium ..... the only thing I would hear is "Defending Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns ...."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I LOVE the naming of the field instead of the stadium. That makes absolute sense and keeps the CBS stadium with the Cleveland Browns name. Win Win

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I have no problem with this at all.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Don't care... just WIN.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It has a very good feel to it..First Energy Field....

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Maybe the new nickname should be The Grid.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe the new nickname should be The Grid.

Lol if you lived in Cleveland in the 1990s, you wouldn't want to call it that.

N
Legend
Legend
N
First Energy Diversified Utility Park

or FED-UP for short.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

or FED-UP for short.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As I said on Facebook earlier in reply to a freind who disliked the news: "They can call it Magic Princess Fairy Land Stadium for all I care as long as they start winning."

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Sorry about the crazy Kendall Storm-esque paragraph formatting.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

As I said on Facebook earlier in reply to a freind who disliked the news: "They can call it Magic Princess Fairy Land Stadium for all I care as long as they start winning."

Umm ...... that might be pushing things .......

B
Legend
Legend
B
I hope Haslam makes lots of money in naming rights. I really don't care what the place is called.

If this move helps to keep ticket prices in check, I love the news.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I am surprised the Lerners never got this done.

I'll be interested to find out how much they can get per year for the naming rights.

ESPN stadium naming rights page

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ya wanna play with the big boys ya gotta act like a big boy, welcome to 2013, were everything is for sale.....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Didn't Lerner decide to sell the naming rights to the gates instead? I swear that I remember hearing that years ago.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What does the logo on the field look like for that?

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Didn't Lerner decide to sell the naming rights to the gates instead? I swear that I remember hearing that years ago.

Yeah, I know National City had one gate, and Core-Comm used to.

My buddy's aunt was the president of Core-Comm, so needless to say we were sitting in awesome seats for a few years.

I don't really care about naming rights. I understand, it hurt a little more when they changed Jacobs Field to Progressive field, but if Jimmy gets us winning, this will be an afterthought...

I don't understand First Energy being that company that came in with the deal. I mean don't they kind of have that market cornered? Wouldn't it be cool if they came up with an awesome name other than just First Energy field/stadium? Probably won't happen, but it would be cool.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

or FED-UP for short.

Are you mgbode or did you steal that quote from him?

Eat it Phil...
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

or FED-UP for short.

Are you mgbode or did you steal that quote from him?

It is I said the fly (yes, that is me). You can ask Purp if you'd like, it's my login name here as well. I post alot of my stuff both here and there.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No worries.

Eat it Phil...
N
Legend
Legend
N

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

What does the logo on the field look like for that?

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Cleveland Browns Stadium could be changed to First Energy Field

This could be the most energy we've seen in the stadium in years.

U
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
U
Just saw that there is supposed to be a special stadium announcement live on ClevelandBrowns.com at 2 p.m.

Legend
Legend
First Energy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Just saw that there is supposed to be a special stadium announcement live on ClevelandBrowns.com at 2 p.m.

Live feed on the Browns home page

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
First Energy Stadium Home of the Cleveland Browns.

Legend
Legend
This could be the funding mechanism for a dome.

Just thinking.

Legend
Legend
Forget the Dome. I forget who it was, but they suggested a brand new stadium. And while that SEEMS ridiculous, It's actually a brilliant idea..

Look at Indy, Houston, and Arizona's stadiums, they are structurally awesome...

Then look at CBS... Erm... FirstEngergy Stadium (I'm never going to call it that) It's bland, boring, clearly they were in a rush...

You find a spot in Cleveland, and you start building in the next few years, because now you have time (as opposed to 98) and can build something Browns fans will be PROUD to fill up on Gamedays (as opposed to calling it boring, drab, etc)

By the time your done CBS will be almost 20 years old, and hey, maybe we'll be good...

Last edited by OSGuy; 01/15/13 03:55 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Who's going to pay for it?

Legend
Legend
They're saying putting a dome on CBS is ganna cost like 200 mill anyways.

Take that 200 mil (its Jimmy's btw) and double it and you can have a NICE stadium with a retractable dome in a better location.

It's now a year round place they can hold events (concerts, WManias, SBs) and it costs only a little more than they are already talking about spending.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
$200mil isn't really a "little more". Especially after buying an NFL team.

But I get what you're saying.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I think the plan is to make major renovations to the current stadium.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
A new stadium worth making the effort for is going to cost half a bil, minimum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Browns Stadium could be changed to First Energy Field

Link Copied to Clipboard