Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
i've had Barberton Style Chicken..I think it was called White House or something Garden's Chicken. It was good. But I didn't quite like the rice and tomato soup they serve with it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Bo knows chicken.

I like Bojangles.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Their spicy chicken and the rice and beans are great. Their biscuits are gross. I wish they sold KFC's biscuits, then it would be excellent.

#GMSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
There really aren't many places except one KFC near me, but if I can find 'em, I prefer to get some Popeye's, or even rarer--Raisin' Kane's.

I think Raisin' Kane's is one of my favorite chicken spots. Who would have though you could base a business entirely off of chicken fingers. And that sauce they give you is just amazing.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

i've had Barberton Style Chicken..I think it was called White House or something Garden's Chicken. It was good. But I didn't quite like the rice and tomato soup they serve with it.

White House and Belgrade Gardens are crap, IMO. And if your hot rice was the consistency of a soup, it was made wrong. Should be a thick consistency to eat with a fork and it should be spicy. Not my favorite side dish, but should still be good.

My favorite side with chicken is jojos. Wedges of breaded then fried potatoes, like huge French fries..

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Their spicy chicken and the rice and beans are great. Their biscuits are gross. I wish they sold KFC's biscuits, then it would be excellent.

Are you kidding me??

I don't eat many biscuits anymore, but a Bo salt ham and egg biscuit is as good as it gets.

JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I like jojo fries, but they have to be cooked in a pressure cooker, and they have to be fresh.

I have had more bad jojo fries than almost any other quick service type item.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What exactly is Barberton style fried chicken?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Are you kidding me??

JMO

Not kidding, just mixed up the locations. I was thinking Popeye's, Bo's was in Florida when I lived there. As I recall, Bo's biscuits are pretty good.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The Lee's chain is regional here in the midwest. My old home town had one of the very first... at that time, it was called "Harold's. Interesting side-note: one of my runnin' buddies from HS... his dad was an engineer, and designed the pressure fryer that was used in all the Lee's franchises. It essentially fried the chicken with less oil in less time... and produced lighter, crispier chicken than KFC could make.

Any time I'm back in Lima, I gotta get me some Harold's. They put out some great chx livers, too. A little Frank's hot sauce.... money.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I like Chic-Fil-A but I feel conflicted about eating there...

Raisin Kanes is really good, too. Wish they were in the northern portion of Ohio.

Legend
Legend
just looked at that pic.... and now there's pain shooting down my left arm-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wiki page about Baberton Style Chicken

Thanks. Would have never guessed to look on Wikipedia. That looks good.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I like Chic-Fil-A but I feel conflicted about eating there...

Not to go off-topic or beat a dead horse ... but - assuming this conflict is political/ideological - who gives a rat's ass?

Eating or not eating there will not contribute to or help stop ideologies you don't agree with.

I find we too often have come to a point where we want the world to be painted by our beliefs.

So a bigot makes good chicken ... eating the chicken doesn't give their views a stamp of approval, and your $7 isn't going to do much in the way of furthering their cause.

As for fast food chicken ... haven't touched it in years. I make a point wherever I move these days to find out the best local spot (which 99.9% of the time blows anything chain away.

I had Popeye's on the road awhile back and was completely underwhelmed.

Legend
Legend
Popeyes >>>>

KFC is cool, but there biscuits suck.
Churches chicken is just okay, but I love their biscuits.

And if any of you ever come to Memphis, make sure you hit up Gus's Fried Chicken. Best chicken I've ever had in my life. The seasoning is like no other.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Bo knows chicken.

I like Bojangles.

We don't have that around here. But I may be relocating to the south some time this fall and if I do, I'll sure give it a try.

Cause I gotta feelin' you and DC know fried chicken!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Your favorite fast food chicken

Link Copied to Clipboard