Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
Let me preface by saying,I have never been a fan of this show. Most of the "talent"
that has advanced to the finals,has been IMO boring as heck. Just bland.
Its been Carrie Underwood and thats about it for success

But man Mariah Carey and Ncki Minaj give me a reason to watch.
there is something hot about Nicki Minaj. Maybe its her teeth and her accent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nicki Minaj is annoying, and ugly as hell.

I guess you havent paid much attention but there has been much more success to come out of Idol than Carrie Underwood. Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Reuben, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, and a bunch of others who i may have forgotten have went on to big popularity in their Genres.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Nicki sounds like a very dumb cheap imitation of Fran Drescher, and you left out several good artists to come from the show like Josh Gracin, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Kellie Pickler, Danny Gokey, Crystal Bowersox, Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery and
Casey James.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
K
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
Jennifer Hudson I think is being more known for her Weight Watchers than music of late.

But she is fine as all get out. Great body and smile. But she's not exactly a huge star.

Kelly Clarkson,eh...she's got some top 40 singles on her wall. But I don't think she's in a whole lot of demand

Clay Aiken..tell me your joking. he's no sellable factor about him. The best he's done is show up on that Trump show with other has beens like Dice Clay and Dee Snider.

Reuben...I usually think of a sandwich.

Daughtry. Hey its the Elvis for the 33 year old soccer moms who kids are named Ethan and Brianna. His sound is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

K
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
Bucky Covington. he's a cheap imitation of Aldean, Chesney. The best he's done is headline the Family Days in Streetsboro Ohio. It was a free show.
Crsystal Bowersox did the B B King commerical and what else..................

Carrie Underwood is only one who has been able to make millions after Idol. maybe Jennifer Hudson.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
FYI, Kelly Clarkson has had more than a couple top 40 songs. She just hasn't done a ton lately, though she has a new album out.

Jennifer Hudson is probably known more for her acting right now. She did win an Oscar after all.

Clay Aiken has had some really great success on Broadway - he was great in Spamalot.

The two most successful artists are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Phillip Phillips is starting out pretty darn good. His new song has been picked up and used in a TON of commercials.

I don't plan to watch this season as none of the judges appeal to me.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Here’s an accounting of how many No. 1s each Idol winner has earned, counting all national, domestic charts compiled by Billboard:

Kelly Clarkson 79
Carrie Underwood 65
Fantasia 31
Ruben Studdard 16
Scotty McCreery 10
David Cook 8
Jordin Sparks 7
Phillip Phillips 6
Kris Allen 4
Taylor Hicks 3
Lee DeWyze 1

That’s a total of 230 No. 1s, and 836 weeks at the top of one of the major billboards...

And that's just the winners and that's just the songs that hit #1 and not every popular song gets to #1, in fact most don't..... and it doesn't count what some of the people who finished 2nd or 3rd have done...

So while he may not like some of their music, it's hard to say they haven't been successful...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Jennifer Hudson I think is being more known for her Weight Watchers than music of late

Obviously you've not seen the move Dream Girls.. She hits one out of the park on that one.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I used to never miss an episode of it. But after Simon left, I kinda got bored with it.

I did get most episodes watched from last season, but both my wife and I agree, we'll wait until it gets to the top 10 before we give it another thought.

As for not a lot of great star quality coming from this show, you couldn't be more wrong.

Not everyone was the winner of the show, but Fantasia, Bowersox, Hudson, Clarkson, Pickler, Underwood and a bunch of others have gone on to be, if not household names, very successful recording artists with millions of records sold.

So you totally missed on that thought.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Here’s an accounting of how many No. 1s each Idol winner has earned, counting all national, domestic charts compiled by Billboard:

Kelly Clarkson 79
Carrie Underwood 65
Fantasia 31
Ruben Studdard 16
Scotty McCreery 10
David Cook 8
Jordin Sparks 7
Phillip Phillips 6
Kris Allen 4
Taylor Hicks 3
Lee DeWyze 1

That’s a total of 230 No. 1s, and 836 weeks at the top of one of the major billboards...

And that's just the winners and that's just the songs that hit #1 and not every popular song gets to #1, in fact most don't..... and it doesn't count what some of the people who finished 2nd or 3rd have done...

So while he may not like some of their music, it's hard to say they haven't been successful...

Ive only heard of 3 of them...lol I should get out more

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Kelly Clarkson 79
Carrie Underwood 65
Fantasia 31
Ruben Studdard 16
Scotty McCreery 10
David Cook 8
Jordin Sparks 7
Phillip Phillips 6
Kris Allen 4
Taylor Hicks 3
Lee DeWyze 1

What do they mean by #1's, Cause I guarantee Clarkson hasn't put out 79 #1 songs

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

Ive only heard of 3 of them...lol I should get out more

Even better than hearing of only 3 of them would be hearing of only 2 of them. Or 0? If only.... Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
J/K

Normally enjoy the show, but Mariah & the other girl are pretty terrible, Probebly wont watch much of it this year

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Kelly Clarkson 79
Carrie Underwood 65
Fantasia 31
Ruben Studdard 16
Scotty McCreery 10
David Cook 8
Jordin Sparks 7
Phillip Phillips 6
Kris Allen 4
Taylor Hicks 3
Lee DeWyze 1

What do they mean by #1's, Cause I guarantee Clarkson hasn't put out 79 #1 songs

There are a billion (yes, that's hyperbole, folks) different Billboard charts. She has released 25 singles.

She and Carrie Underwood appear to be the only two singers to have sustained career success as popular recording artists.

I don't think I've watched more than a minute of American Idol. I did get hooked on The Voice though.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I can only watch karaoke when actually at a bar.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Bucky Covington. he's a cheap imitation of Aldean, Chesney. The best he's done is headline the Family Days in Streetsboro Ohio. It was a free show.

Carrie Underwood is only one who has been able to make millions after Idol. maybe Jennifer Hudson.

Just like I thought you never listened to their CD's or watched them on Idol. If You would havw said I don't like their type of music I would have said fine I understand that 100 percent, but instead you just bash them for some unknown reason (just like you do with the Browns) it makes you look like you have no idea what in the hell you are talking about.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/K

Normally enjoy the show, but Mariah & the other girl are pretty terrible, Probebly wont watch much of it this year

Nicki and Mariah make me want to barf and I never have liked Kieth, so I know how you feel bro. I am only going to wath this year for the contestants.

Legend
Legend
Luckily I have the full season recorded of Ant Farms in the United States and won't have to watch idol at all. The new judges make me want to barf more than Lombardi.

#GMSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

J/K

Nicki and Mariah make me want to barf and I never have liked Kieth, so I know how you feel bro. I am only going to wath this year for the contestants.

I usually don't watch the whole season, but I watch the beginning for the good and bad singers. I will not watch at all this year. No way I could stomach listening to those judges. Blech.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Major letdown.

From the main index I thought this was a thread regarding American Horror Story.

Legend
Legend
As bad as they are are buddy the hiring of Lombardi is 100 times worse. The fact that Haslam bought into this total crock of.... ummmmm... crap .. just amazes and shocks the hell out of me. I thought we had a smart owner who only needed to learn to get up to speed, now I see that we have an owner who does not have a fr.....eakin clue, and who listens to a worthless, good for nothing, little weasel like Banner.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
That show is awesome! I don't get into much of the supernatural or horror at all, but the suspense built up on that program is nothing short of genius.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just like I thought you never listened to their CD's or watched them on Idol. If You would havw said I don't like their type of music I would have said fine I understand that 100 percent, but instead you just bash them for some unknown reason (just like you do with the Browns) it makes you look like you have no idea what in the hell you are talking about.

Yeah, but come on GM,, at least he's using paragraphs now

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That show is awesome! I don't get into much of the supernatural or horror at all, but the suspense built up on that program is nothing short of genius.

Agreed, as well as the acting. I don't even need to say anything about Jessica Lange,

And that says a lot about how good the show is, that you're not even into horror/sci-fi (I am) but love this show.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 01/19/13 11:18 PM.
Legend
Legend
and spelling/typing better than me

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I was really impressed with the guy who did Arden's character, too. I mean when you can win awards being a lovable, grand-fatherly pig farmer in "Babe" to being a ruthless Nazi scientist and I don't notice until I look up the cast, you're acting your ass off.

We finally watched the season finale this last week. Our DVR broke so we were ticked for a minute. I was happy with the ending with Lana meeting her son. As soon as she started pouring two glasses, I knew it was on like Donkey Kong. Before the episode started, I was going to be perfectly okay with her getting offed after selling out the way she had.

I will say, though, that I was disappointed with how open they left everything with Kit, the aliens, and his kids. They reduced it down to, "Well. Kit disappeared for some reason. And those children sure were special. A head surgeon at Johns Hopkins and a Harvard lawyer. Monumental successes." That was just a bit of a weak gloss-over.

Still loved all of the season. I liked this better than the last one. There was somewhat an air of reality to it that things like the could/probably did happen. The monsignor's end, Jude/the angel of death, etc. was about the way I'd want it to all go down.

Only wonder what they could do for another season. They've gone west coast Hollywood murder house, east coast insane asylum, now do they do a southern klan sex-trafficking cult, or some sort of haunted mid-west steel mill? I'm not sure- but if it features Jessica Lange I'm definitely tuning in regardless.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lange is back next year and so are the actors who played Kit, Sister Mary, and Lana so far.
(and some more from the first season are supposed to come back, hopefully Connie Britton )

They are her picks. Lange has been dubbed an unofficial director/producer by the show's creator, He has given her complete freedom to choose the actors she's most comfortable working with.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Anybody watch American Idol?

Link Copied to Clipboard