Print Thread
#751349 01/30/13 02:18 PM
A
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
A
Mm...
new ELR comes out, which is a shrunken CTS, but w/electric motor.
ATS is a small Caddy.
CTS is the mainstay.
XTS is a 7-series fighter, but it is not RWD! I am not sure if Caddy gets it...People who get luxury cars like that want RWD!

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadi...zer-960x375.jpg

Go Browns!
AsianDawg #751350 01/30/13 02:31 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
OK....my preference would be AWD actually.

AsianDawg #751351 01/30/13 04:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Mm...
new ELR comes out, which is a shrunken CTS, but w/electric motor.
ATS is a small Caddy.
CTS is the mainstay.
XTS is a 7-series fighter, but it is not RWD! I am not sure if Caddy gets it...People who get luxury cars like that want RWD!

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadi...zer-960x375.jpg

I don't agree at all with the RWD comment. I loved FWD or AWD.

Way better in this weather than RWD .

I think Caddy knows exactly what they are doing.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Arps #751352 01/30/13 04:21 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

OK....my preference would be AWD actually.

Yep. That is why I got an A8 instead of a 7-series.

#gmstrong
AsianDawg #751353 01/30/13 05:35 PM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
First off...ELR is NOT a shrunken CTS....it is basically a beefed up Volt. One that is VERY nicely appointed of course but it id not get anything from the CTS....It is based on the Coverj concept.

The ATS was brought out to be a "true" 3 series fighter. The CTS was a tweener car. it was bigger than a 3 series/ C Class but not quite the size of a 5 series/E Class. So the built the ATS to take on the 335i. And to this point it most definitely is. The base engine is not much to talk about. The top Engine is a lot of fun but the BIG seller is the 2.0 Turbo. And it is going step for step if not beating the 3 series.

The CTS is GROWING UP...it is getting larger and a little more sophisticated to become a 5 series/E Class competitor....or better yet...what the STS should have been all along.

The XTS however IS NOT a 7 series/S Class competitor. and it never claimed to be. It is however a MUCH better car than anyone gives credit for. People see FWD and then poo poo it...But it also has AWD...Mag ride suspension...plenty of room...Great appointments...Drives much sportier than it looks and better than some claimed sports sedans......and if I was about 10 years older I would probably be looking to grab one...However, I like a little more aggressive styling and will most likely be looking at the new CTS when it comes out.

But if you are yearning for a REAL 7 series/S Class fighter...Caddy will most like be bringing out some version of the CIEL Concept which received RAVE reviews. It may not be the CIEL..but Cadillac has Greenlighted a "Flagship" sedan that is to be RWD and compete against the 7 series and S Class. It is coming....

Caddy gets it...but things just don't happen overnight....but things are happening quickly....I believe they mentioned having 10 models of cars and trucks by end of next year....(I could be wrong on the number will have to find the article)

I may not be far off though...

1)ELR
2)slot below ATS (B or A Class competitor) I know this has been mentioned
3)ATS
4)CTS
5)XTS
6)Flagship Sedan
7)CUV smaller than SRX This is in development and soon to come out
8)SRX
9Escalade
10)???? Convertible????(my guess....don't know )

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Cadillac.

Link Copied to Clipboard