Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Outscored 35-10 in the 4th.

Ridiculous. Just terrible.

For once we win the 3rd quarter, only to collapse in the 4th.

Bleh.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
i wonder if Scott specifically was talking about the lottery odds at that point

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
This is definitely the lowest point in my life as a Cleveland fan, there's been some lean years, but I think this has topped it all.

I understand some of the upswing with these young players, especially with the Browns, as well as how the baseball season is still in its infancy, but just speaking about the present, this is awful. All 3 of these teams are horrible.

I'm excited about the Masters this weekend so I can take my mind off how awful something that should be making you happy is.

N
Legend
Legend
N
my lowest point was week6 of the Browns season (before game6). the Tribe was in an epic freefall, Browns were so young and had no idea how to win games, and we all knew the Cavs were going to be terrible again (it's on purpose, but still).

at this point, i'm more hopeful on the Browns future (still QB issue though), Cavs future (another year, another high draft pick to add-in), and somewhat on Indians (mad they didn't even really try to fix the SP, but glad we should have some exciting games once the offense kicks in).

yeah, they are all bad right now.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Yeah, I can't bury the Indians because they're 3-5 and look worse than that. I still think that they can have a few things go their way with this pitching, and maybe add an arm before the deadline. I think the lineup will continue to get better. Speaking right now this team isn't good.

As far as the Browns go. I have my worries with the hirings of Banner and Lombardi, but since they have been brought on, the moves and hirings they have made have all seemed good. Solid FA signings of young players with potential. I wasn't sure about Chud, but the picture seemed clear once they made the assistant hires.

But we're Browns fans, and we gotta see it before we fully believe it.

As far as the Cavs go, what a wreck.

I've been saying I think there's a chance LBJ comes back home for years, almost since the day he left. The way this thing is going, he's not coming back. The Cavs have a ton of work to do before they can even think that's a possibility (if that's what they want, who knows at this point) They're most likely going to have a top pick which they need to turn into a good player, and they're picking from a weak crop again. I think they also need to add another good player via FA. Between the next two drafts, next year's deadline, and this upcoming FA period, they need to find one really really good player and another solid starter before they can even consider Lebron or any other big time free agent in 2014.

Oh yeah, and they're going to have to find a good coach, as I think it's obvious Byron Scott is probably going to get fired.

I know people want him gone now, but I think they should really consider making sure they have 2 strong possibilites as a replacment (and realistic ones) before they fire him.

The worst thing they can do is fire him and then struggle to bring in some guy who they only hired because options A, B, and C didn't want to take the job. That's not good when you're trying to convince Kyrie Irving that he should stick around, as well as potential free agents.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

This is definitely the lowest point in my life as a Cleveland fan ...

You're just getting on this pain train?? It's been pretty miserable since Lebron left.

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
j/c and don't know if this has been discussed...

My buddy and I were just talking Cavs draft....right now we are slatted for that 4th spot....It seems like every year someone hits the lotto and jumps into the top-3...

If the top 4 in some order goes Noel, Smart, McLemore, Porter and we are sitting at 5 picking...What pick makes sense for this team (you can assume or not that we pick up Oden in free agency)...

Right now....I don't know which player left of the board would help this team out the most for the 2013-14 year...

Thoughts??

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The worst thing they can do is fire him and then struggle to bring in some guy who they only hired because options A, B, and C didn't want to take the job

that is defeatist thinking. and, just because you don't get your top option for HC doesn't mean that one of the "lesser" guys won't do a better job. sometimes missing on your top guy is a blessing (as long as you have done your research and the whole list is filled with quality).

if you don't believe your current HC is the right guy or is losing the team, then you fire him and move on.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

The worst thing they can do is fire him and then struggle to bring in some guy who they only hired because options A, B, and C didn't want to take the job

that is defeatist thinking. and, just because you don't get your top option for HC doesn't mean that one of the "lesser" guys won't do a better job. sometimes missing on your top guy is a blessing (as long as you have done your research and the whole list is filled with quality).

if you don't believe your current HC is the right guy or is losing the team, then you fire him and move on.

I said that on the assumption that it was entirely possible that they fire Scott, they have 2 guys they love who turn down the job, and you get one of these retread coaches. I'm not saying Byron Scott isn't a retread, but do you really wanna fire him, and then fire a guy a year later?

That's a path no one wants to go down, including Kyrie Irving.

Legend
Legend
In the NBA, if you have good players, the coaching will take care of itself..

I put NBA coaches (Not named Jackson, or Auerbach) just barely ahead of MLB managers on how much they actually impact the game...

Doc Rivers was about to be fired then was gifted two (more) HOFers and is now a "great coach"

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

In the NBA, if you have good players, the coaching will take care of itself..

I put NBA coaches (Not named Jackson, or Auerbach) just barely ahead of MLB managers on how much they actually impact the game...

Doc Rivers was about to be fired then was gifted two (more) HOFers and is now a "great coach"

Touche.

Plus Erik Spoelstra won a title.

Regardless of what happens, I'm interested to see who they do hire if they in fact fire Byron Scott. I think that will say a lot about what happens next summer.

I think the Cavs need to be a playoff team next year if they want to have any chance at LBJ or any other FA.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
jc...

The only thing that would entice Lebron to come back would be to play with Kyrie, and if the Cavs put up another <25-win season next year I think Kyrie is as good as gone in 2015. I know they'll be able to match offer sheets made by other teams but someone will find a way to offer a deal that's unfavorable for the Cavs to match. Lebron also has a voidable year in 2015 and could potentially entice Kyrie to team up with him somewhere, similar to what Miami did. Plus, Kyrie has none of the allegiance to northeast Ohio that Lebron (ideally) had.

Winning is never guaranteed, and a team can't continue to lose on purpose and expect to flip the switch after a couple years of high draft picks and become an instant contender.

N
Legend
Legend
N
that's why you have to have a plan. there are assistants to try, some retreads aren't bad ideas, etc.

if your list only goes 2-deep, then it's a bad list.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lakers magic number to clinch is 3.

N
Legend
Legend
N
all the Lakers have to do is keep pace with Utah the last 3 games.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Utah Final Three
vs Minn
@ Minn
@ Memphis

LAL Final Three
vs GS
VS SA
vs HOU

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
The Lakers have left:

Golden State 45-33
San Antonio 57-21
Houston 44-34

All at home

The Jazz have:

Minnesota 29-49
@ Minnesota 29-49
@ Memphis 53-25

San Antonio is fighting it out with Oklahoma City for the top seed in the West
Golden State and Houston are fighting it out for the 6th spot.

Minnesota is out of the playoffs
Memphis is battling for the 4th seed in the West. (or maybe even the 3rd isn't out of the question)

The Lakers have stronger opponents, with playoff implications to fight for,. They do get to play all of their remaining games at hime.

The Jazz get Minnesota twice. They play 2 games on the road though.

The Lakers are 26-12 at home. Good sign there, given that their remaining games are all at home.

The Jazz are 12-27 on the road. Glad they have 2 games left on the road.

All I have to say is: Let's go Lakers, Minnesota, and Memphis! That, and let's hope that Kobe, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard all play like they did against Portland. 90 points, 15 assists, and 25 boards per game from those 3 combined would go a long way towards winning games.

Fingers crossed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Only time I'll ever cheer for the refs to help them...

Legend
Legend
Warriors vs Lakers in LA
Spurs vs Lakers in LA
Rockets vs Lakers in LA

Wolves vs Jazz in Salt Lake
Wolves vs Jazz in Minnesota
Grizzlies vs Jazz in Memphis

Lakers are currently one game up, but don't hold the tie breaker against the Jazz.

As always, may the tank be strong for the Cavs.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Warriors vs Lakers in LA
Spurs vs Lakers in LA
Rockets vs Lakers in LA

Wolves vs Jazz in Salt Lake

Lakers are currently one game up, but don't hold the tie breaker against the Jazz.

As always, may the tank be strong for the Cavs.

Rockets and Warriors battling to avoid OKC/SAS. Hopefully, one has it wrapped up by the last game. SAS may want to "gift-wrap" OKC a tough series with the Lakers in round1 (they'd win, but who wouldn't prefer Utah?).

Go Twolves, Go Grizz.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

SAS may want to "gift-wrap" OKC a tough series with the Lakers in round1 (they'd win, but who wouldn't prefer Utah?).

Makes perfect sense, but man does that have a come-back-to-bite-you-in-the-arse feel to it.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

SAS may want to "gift-wrap" OKC a tough series with the Lakers in round1 (they'd win, but who wouldn't prefer Utah?).

Makes perfect sense, but man does that have a come-back-to-bite-you-in-the-arse feel to it.

Memphis tanked the last few games the season they had the 8seed in order to get a better matchup (for them) with the 1seed Spurs.

(sidenote: If I was SAS, then I'd rather get matched up with LAL than Houston. GS is the easiest matchup for them, but no guarantees Houston wraps up the 6seed)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Kobe Bryant has a possible torn achilies. Two games left Lakers.

Just limp into the playoffs and get your azz beating.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Warriors vs Lakers in LA - WIN
Spurs vs Lakers in LA
Rockets vs Lakers in LA

Wolves vs Jazz in Salt Lake - WIN

Both with W's tonight.

The Lakers think Kobe tore his ACL. Damn, he was really pushing his body far the past few weeks. I don't like him at all, but for a guy his age to be playing like that, amazing.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Warriors vs Lakers in LA - WIN
Spurs vs Lakers in LA
Rockets vs Lakers in LA

Wolves vs Jazz in Salt Lake - WIN

Both with W's tonight.

The Lakers think Kobe tore his ACL. Damn, he was really pushing his body far the past few weeks. I don't like him at all, but for a guy his age to be playing like that, amazing.

Yup we may all hate Kobe as a person.

However when it comes to basketball I respect everything about him. His drive, passion and toughness hasn't been seen since MJ. I know it's a lame cliche but I respect he hell out of him as a player and it's sad to see him go out like this.

Legend
Legend
That sucks for him, for the Lakers, and for us.

Hopefully the Lakers can pull together and win the next 2 games for Kobe. (and us) Either that, or the Jazz lose 2 on the road.

Legend
Legend
Lakers are in essentially do or die single elimination mode. If they get past San Antonio tonight, there is no way Nash, Dwight and Pau let them lost Wednesday. I'd feel better if Kobe played because he'd try to drop 50.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefully Pop will do us a favor and rest a bunch of guys tonight.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Nash hasn't played for awhile.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hopefully Pop will do us a favor and rest a bunch of guys tonight.

He'll do whatever hurts the league's best interest. That's his MO.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Legend
Legend
N
antawn jamison is finally coming through for the Cavs

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So now we need either the Lakers to win their final game, or Utah to lose 1 of their final 2 games, right?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes. The Lakers magic number is 1.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

So now we need either the Lakers to win their final game, or Utah to lose 1 of their final 2 games, right?

Yup.

Get it done Lakeshow

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC,

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, Haslam all expected to sit for Heat at Cavs tonight. They're gonna have to get creative to tank this one.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

JC,

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, Haslam all expected to sit for Heat at Cavs tonight. They're gonna have to get creative to tank this one.

In response, the Cavs will be sitting the entire team. The 5 man training staff will be taking the floor.

[Linked Image]

S
Legend
Legend
S
I hate the whole sitting players thing. I totally understand it from the coach's point of view. The players are assets, and the risk of injury goes up when they are on the floor. Especially in the NBA where a single player makes such a difference.

On the other hand, I think something needs to be done for fans that buy tickets for these games. They are getting handed crap. I realize they should take it into consideration that near the season's end, this can happen, but it doesn't make it right.

I hate to ride the fence on the issue, but I see both sides, and neither one of them is wrong.

I go to less and less sporting events in person now.

I may take in a Tribe game or two this year if they are in town when I get into Cleveland, but I really don't care to see the 2 teams they have here in Chicago.

I do a Browns game every year and that's always fun. I'm also 3-0 in my last 3 Browns games, if you're reading this, Mr. Haslam.

I do a Notre Dame game every year, only because a bunch of my family has made it a tradition. College football is exempt from this conversation because you always get your money's worth. Even in those early season blowouts.

NBA I haven't gone since Lebron was a Cav. I love the NBA, but nobody ever wants to go when I'm in town, and I hate the Bulls.

I won't touch the NHL. Blackhawk tickets are officially out of control. A guy on my team has season tickets in the corner of the 300 level (probably the least desirable ticket outside of SRO in the United Center) He says he has no problem getting 300 for the pair, and he says many consider that a deal because they go for 75$ higher on the websites. They are officially the hottest ticket in Chicago, by far.

Sitting that high up, I'd rather drink my own beer at home, and not have to want to poke myself in the eye with everyone around me not understanding how the game works. 80% of Blackhawk fans had no idea about hockey before 2010.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

80% of Blackhawk fans had no idea about hockey before 2010.

hey, you should be happy then. the rest of the country still thinks they are locked out

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They still hockey?

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

80% of Blackhawk fans had no idea about hockey before 2010.

hey, you should be happy then. the rest of the country still thinks they are locked out

Definitely not here. It's become a thing. A lot of the older guys I play hockey with say it hasn't been this big since the 70's when it was again, bigger than a Bears/Cubs/Bulls ticket.

It's amazing how well the NHL is doing this year, their ratings have gotten better, despite the lockout. They're also doing well in the big markets in the US.

LA, Boston, Chicago, and both New York teams are all doing well.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs & Basketball Thread V

Link Copied to Clipboard