Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If Milliner is gone when we pick, would anyone be mad if we cant trade down and we draft Xavier Rhodes CB FSU?

I wouldn't have a problem with us taking Rhodes at #6 even if Milline is still there.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I would draft like this..1 Ansah or Jones- OLB

According to NFL.com, there may be an issue with Ansah's age. He may be 28, not 23. His agent is currently trying to clear this up...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't see any mention of that. Would you post a link?

S
Legend
Legend
S
/insert Brandon Weeden joke

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
do you think that there is a really elite pass rusher in this draft. i think not. and to bet the number 6 on a guy that has only started 9 games in a weak conference is totally mind blowing. he wasn't good enough to start the beginning of the season for his team.

E
Legend
Legend
E
A rumor laid out there by the Jets...lol Trying to pull a Shula - leak out something 30 days prior to the draft when all are finalizing their boards. So I guess next at the combine we will be doing Carbon testing to get correct age on all out there...

Not odd this doesn't come out in Jan.? Feb.? But now past Mid March the question or accusation is put out there. Of course I'm thinking he has no wear n tear...in great shape. Does he have 10 prime years in him regardless of 23 or 28???

JMH???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

According to NFL.com, there may be an issue with Ansah's age. He may be 28, not 23. His agent is currently trying to clear this up...

Please do not draft another 28 year old rookie ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't see any mention of that. Would you post a link?

That was reported by Ian Rapoport and I saw it on the NFL Network (TV) ticker-tape. Will check further...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

do you think that there is a really elite pass rusher in this draft. i think not. and to bet the number 6 on a guy that has only started 9 games in a weak conference is totally mind blowing. he wasn't good enough to start the beginning of the season for his team.

Ansah (barring him being 28) has the tools to become one. I don't like that he's got limited experience playing football, but it's not a deal-breaker.

We all thought Kam Wimbley had the tools too. He turned himself into a decent football player, but not what we were expecting and he was gone within a few years. That's what I'm afraid of.

We just have to put our hopes into the Browns and Michael Lombardi having the best scouts possible to find out this kind of stuff. I said it before, if he can hit on this #6 pick, I think the media and fans will back off him for a while. I'm willing to give him a chance (what other choice do I have) I wish the media would too.

I think the thing people don't get is that if Joe Banner and Michael Lombardi and all these other guys aren't doing a good enough job? They'll be gone quickly. Jimmy Haslam isn't going to be over in the UK watching soccer. He's going to be present within this organization, despite the fact that he is still running Pilot/Flying J.

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
tab, this is the 64 million dollar question. does the new fo think weeden can play at a level to be playoff contenders? we will find out in about six weeks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We could cut off his leg and count the rings

Being from Ghana, I can see him being older than his stated age. Like the Dominican baseball players. I also would not be surprised if we found out that he wasn't really Ezekiel Ansah but that he used that alias to get out of Ghana..

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
don't you think at #6 we should get more of a sure thing?

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

don't you think at #6 we should get more of a sure thing?

that is going to be difficult in this draft. i'm not as high as others on Ansah, but all the pass rushers have question marks this time.

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Frankly this seems like a very ugly draft to be sitting at #7. In 2011 we would have been debating Patrick Peterson vs. Aldon Smith (or praying for AJ Green) and I would be delighted. We ended up trading down, which in skipping Julio Jones I am happy about, but now I kind of miss Aldon Smith

Jones/Ansah/Jordan & Milliner isn't exactly inspiring.

I think I will be happiest with a trade down at this point.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I've said it several times...its all up to Chud/Norv - If they love Geno n think he will be THE GUY...he will be taken! We have no allegiance to Weeden as THE GUY...but I think they like what they see. I have also stated just because of the age thing...right guy right place we take him we take a QB n groom him.

But several things. I think we will improve to .500 or better as a regular thing. Finally getting there as a team. We will never be able to get the TOP QBs. We couldn't get one at #4 we are going to get one at 20 + picking - yeah if the guy is 28 years old rookie maybe???

Ponder really? Is that our destiny. Dalton? how did he make the Pro Bowl as a rookie - is beyond me, the kid is not that good. We were at #4 offered 3 first round pick which included #4 a drop back of 2 slots for the SECOND QB in the draft...n we couldn't pull it off. Next year...will we get an opportunity of a Geno Smith quality QB? 2015? 2016?

It would not surprise me one bit if that has been the target - Even if we like Weeden.

Its all on how Chud/Norv evlauates Geno Smith...not JAWS

Ansah...Ghana? What was the point of hiding the age in coming here. College? Track? from a missionary recruit? College has them for 4-5 years AGE means nothing.

Basketball? Baseball from Mexico n Dominican Republic - I know from Africa in the past there has been questions about documentation. Hard to prove in some nations.

But the timing of this AGE THING is so so hoping he drops...hey maybe its us leaking it out there?

But its simple. Rare Priority: QB, LT, Pass Rusher Edge, Cover Corner.
LT we don't need. The other 3 we go from Need to NEED another in the mix.
So Geno Smith QB, Ansah/Jones/Jordan OLB or Millner CB. Those are our Options.
Right now the Coaching Staff n FO are keeping their cards close to their Vest!

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

Now THAT would be the funniest thing to happen in the NFL since...oh...a player fell in love with a man pretending to be a woman over the phon....er....nevermind...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Move back pick up a second rounder and take a good guard Jonathan Cooper perhaps then go for a good TE with the second. Possibly Eifert if we get an early enough two.

I suppose it'd depend on the desire for a team to move move up as to where the #2 would fall. Not sure anyone will desire our spot that much.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I can't see why so many want to draft a gaurd so high. IMO our line is pretty good, plus with time to gel in another offseason will be huge. Spending a high pick on OL when we have such needs in the defensive backfield is foolish.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I can't see why so many want to draft a gaurd so high. IMO our line is pretty good, plus with time to gel in another offseason will be huge. Spending a high pick on OL when we have such needs in the defensive backfield is foolish.

I would love to add depth of course, but like you, I think the line is, at it's core, pretty good. could an upgrade be made at R and L Guard,, sure. But our tackles and center are solid.

But there are those on here that think that our guards should be tossed out with the garbage. I'd laugh at them, but so often I agree with their assessments that I find myself questioning what I see.

So, I guess my answer is, I wanna see what Turner thinks..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not sure one is looking for depth when drafting in the 1st round. Especially a team that wins 5 games a year.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just my opinion I would not draft Ansuh at 6.

28 or 23 still would not draft him with the sixth pick in the first round.

NFL linemen make a living with technique. Ansuh is just not ready. He would be taken to school by pro linemen. In addition he would have to learn a position. He is not a DE in a 3-4 so he would be moved OLB. He would be asked to play zone.

You just do not go there with the sixth pick in the draft. That is not to say he could develop into a good player. No doubt he is a very good athlete. It is just not a good idea to look at a guy like him with that long of a learning curve when there will be guys there who are much cleaner.

He would be a situational pass rusher not a 3 down player.

There will be better choices at six.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think it has to be Milliner, or trade out to someone who wants one of the QB's or LT's. I was against trading down, but I think we need a CB badly, and there's too many risky picks in the top 10 imo. If Milliner is gone at 6, we can move down for either Rhodes or Banks, or whomever the FO thinks is next best CB, and maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder depending how far we trade down.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I think it has to be Milliner, or trade out to someone who wants one of the QB's or LT's. I was against trading down, but I think we need a CB badly, and there's too many risky picks in the top 10 imo. If Milliner is gone at 6, we can move down for either Rhodes or Banks, or whomever the FO thinks is next best CB, and maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder depending how far we trade down.

I like your thinking but i feel we need to patient a see what another month of FA brings us @ CB ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree with Millner at 6 or a short trade down, but I don't understand all this love for Gino Smith. We have to quit drafting QB's and not giving them a chance. Not every young QB is Luck or Rg3. I didn't think Weeds was all that bad for a young QB on a crappy team.

I started watching WV football when people started to talk about GS. He seemed inaccruate and un focused. also strictly shotgun. We spent a 1st round pick on Weeden lets at least give him a shot without having GS looking over his shoulder.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I agree with Millner at 6 or a short trade down, but I don't understand all this love for Gino Smith. We have to quit drafting QB's and not giving them a chance. Not every young QB is Luck or Rg3. I didn't think Weeds was all that bad for a young QB on a crappy team.

I started watching WV football when people started to talk about GS. He seemed inaccruate and un focused. also strictly shotgun. We spent a 1st round pick on Weeden lets at least give him a shot without having GS looking over his shoulder.

I don't think most of us "want" to draft another QB, but have a feeling our new ownership does, I agree with you about Weeden Give him a chance he wasn't terrible in a terrible offense ... JMHO

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Looking at 4 free agents we signed so far Where are we going now 1st pk.

Link Copied to Clipboard