Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
'Arena League team offers Tebow starting QB job'

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on...s-a-quarterback

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

March 17, 2013 1:06 pm ET

The funny thing about Tim Tebow being offered a starting quarterback job in the Arena Football League is he lacks the skill set to play there.

Beyond his ability to sell tickets.

Tebow, who remains on shaky ground with the Jets, has a contract awaiting his signature with the AFL's Orlando Predators, team owner Brett Bouchy told the Orlando Sentinel's Mike Bianchi.

"Tim would certainly want to first exhaust his opportunities in the NFL, but we'd love to have him," Bouchy said. "I think he would definitely improve as a quarterback in our league. Kurt Warner told me once that when he got back to the NFL after playing in the Arena League, the NFL game was like slow motion. Everything in the Arena League is just so much faster and quicker and predicated on accuracy. Whenever Tim is willing, we have a contract waiting for him to sign."

You might have heard this once or twice, but accuracy and a quick release aren't Tebow's strongpoints. He would benefit from a stint indoors. Of course, he's not going that route while he can stick in the NFL.

If the Jets don't trade Tebow -- one of five quarterbacks on their roster now that they've added David Garrard to an uninspiring group “led” by Mark Sanchez -- they could cut him and save $2.6 million this season.

Tebow then would be free to sign anywhere in the NFL, or try to follow Warner's dramatic path from the AFL to Super Bowl MVP.

Returning to the state where he starred in college, Tebow would help fill Amway Arena in Orlando and possibly rekindle his career. Remember, he's only 25.

The Jets barely used Tebow in 2012, allowing him to throw eight passes and run 32 times. His career completion percentage is 47.9.

(end)

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter, subscribe to our RSS Feed, watch Pro Football 360 daily at 3 ET and NFL newsletter. You can also follow Larry Hartstein @LarryHartstein.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No matter what Tebow ends up doing (- or NOT doing! ), it will be very interesting to see how his football career pans out in the coming years.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The Best Worst QB in the NFL

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
This just in...the Jets trade Tebow to Orlando for their first round pick

No, I have no idea who Sam Axe is.
Legend
Legend
He'd make an excellent clipboard holder there as well!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After that late season run with Denver I'd like to see the kid get his chance.

The biggest percentage of folks who've ragged on him despise his convictions rather than that he's had a less than stellar career to this point.

Legend
Legend
I'm no fan of his and part of me wishes he stays on the Jets as their 3rd starter or PS QB just because he'll never be talked about again. But I kinda feel bad for him because the Jets need to just cut him. They didn't really want him last year, never used him and now they're just piling up the QBs like Chuckie's Bucs.

Let the man move on already. It feel spiteful.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
might be the best place for him. look what it did for warner

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think your premise is rather silly actually.

Tebow threw for slightly less than 50% completions.

Could it be people simply don't believe someone with such a history stacks up as an NFL QB?

I think having faith in God is a very good thing. No nock on that in the least. But I do not however feel he's NFL QB material. I also don't think he's a martyr.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

The Best Worst QB in the NFL

Lmao!

Legend
Legend
Maybe he should give it a try.. nothing to lose if he gets bounced by the Jets and can't find another NFL job.

He might actually get better ala Kurt Warner. you just never know.

Kids a heck of an athlete,, on a personal note, I like his committment to his beliefs. I appreciate his personal values very much.

I know he's got QB technical issues,, but it's hard not to like the kid.

I really want him to succeed just so I can tell a few folks

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to see us get him as a TE. 1million for one year kind of contract. If he can't be an NFL QB would he settle for trying to ge a TE? I have no idea of how he'd grade out, but the kid is talented running that ball. He has the size of an NFL TE, and he kinda has jets for his size.

I am not one who likes how he parades his religious beliefs.......but he's a good guy, a winner, and could help us at a positon of need if he wanted/had the talent to do so.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
As just a football player, Tebow would make one Helluva special teams player, and perhaps even a fullback or TE. I'd be willing to be he has good enough hands to catch a football and enough athletic ability to play a role on offense.

Conversely, the circus that surrounds Tebow is nearly insurmountable for a team that isn't completely and totally running like a well-oiled machine. Outside of a team like the Niners or Pats, Tebow can easily become a team-breaker.

It's too bad, really. I don't fault for the little things Tebow does in the media. No one man of his age and naivety can ever fully beat them or manage his level of stardom. Tebow is a victim of the things that make him great. If only he had the game to match his persona.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
If anything, I'm much more disgusted with the Jets and how they intentionally sabotaged Tebow's career in such a spiteful "We're the system and you'll like what we'll give you or else" mentality.

I know the NFL is a business and players need to produce, especially at the QB position, and granted, Tebow obviously needs work with his mechanics. It's just that teams treat his 7-4 starting record like it never existed and like he never had any part in getting that record. If he were to start a few games for the Jets and stunk it up with an 0-4 record, then fine. Case closed. He's not QB material. But he never got that opportunity and that's what stings about this whole story.

I also believe that his faith plays a part in some critics' hatred towards him. In fact, I believe T. Suggs of the Ravens bashed Tebow once for his spiritual beliefs. Kinda fitting coming from a guy who went to Arizona State to play college ball. (Sun Devils) Shows where Suggs' mind is at.

As for him being a starting QB in the Arena League... I don't see how it'll hurt. It did wonders for Kurt Warner. The AFL is a minor league where development is promoted.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to see us get him as a TE. 1million for one year kind of contract. If he can't be an NFL QB would he settle for trying to ge a TE? I have no idea of how he'd grade out, but the kid is talented running that ball. He has the size of an NFL TE, and he kinda has jets for his size.

I am not one who likes how he parades his religious beliefs.......but he's a good guy, a winner, and could help us at a positon of need if he wanted/had the talent to do so.

I hadn't actually ever thought of him as a TE.. maybe? dunno..

As for his religious beliefs,, I have no problem with him demonstrating his beliefs in public.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe he should go to the Arena League, or the UFL, or Canada to learn how to play TE or FB. He's a great football player without a position right now, and unfortunately for him, the NFL doesn't tend to be a teaching league.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Arena League team offers Tim Tebow starting QB job

Link Copied to Clipboard