Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Perfect reply! One of my favorite movies...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Im stoked we might bring him back.....IMO we shouldnt of gotten rid of him. He busted his butt on Sundays and gave his all. Keeping my fingers crossed we can pull it off. Come home K2!

Last edited by Tubby_Dawg; 03/25/13 11:03 AM.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I’m basically a basketball player playing tight end.”

Well now, shoot... I thought he was a soldier.

Quote:

"got my Lance Armstrong on, and it’s really helping me out,”

Doping & lying?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Despite what former Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. said today on NFL Network, the Browns are not interested in signing him and haven't contacted anyone about doing so.

Winslow said today he's heard from the Browns and Panthers, but if he did hear from anyone within the Browns organization, it wasn't about them bringing him back for a second stint with the club.

Winslow, 29, is close to coach Rob Chudzinski, who coached him at the University of Miami and with the Browns. But the Browns signed former Bears tight end Kellen Davis last week, and are planning to start Jordan Cameron this season.

Winslow is looking to get back into football this season after sitting out most of last year with a knee injury. A former first-round pick of the Browns in 2004, Winslow enjoyed the best season of his career under Chudzinski in 2007, when he caught 82 passes for 1,106 yards and five TDs.

Mary Cabott says no

Thank God.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
just as well...

Legend
Legend
LOL now you watch, he'll get signed by Friday

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
No thank to Kellen. His knees are like fragile pieces of glass and I just overall, do not care to undergo a second stint with him and all the surrounding drama.

He's had knee issues since, forever. No thanks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

No thank to Kellen. His knees are like fragile pieces of glass and I just overall, do not care to undergo a second stint with him and all the surrounding drama.

He's had knee issues since, forever. No thanks.

I agree with you, I'm just saying, if Mary Kay says it won't happen, you can almost count on it happening..LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
LMAO, I do miss Tony Grossi. Mary Kay is just...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Despite what former Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. said today on NFL Network, the Browns are not interested in signing him and haven't contacted anyone about doing so.

Winslow said today he's heard from the Browns and Panthers, but if he did hear from anyone within the Browns organization, it wasn't about them bringing him back for a second stint with the club.

Winslow, 29, is close to coach Rob Chudzinski, who coached him at the University of Miami and with the Browns. But the Browns signed former Bears tight end Kellen Davis last week, and are planning to start Jordan Cameron this season.

Maybe Chud hit the wrong speed dial:

Riiinggg....

Winslow: Hello?

Chud: Kellen?

Winslow: Yeah?

Chud: It's Rob Chudinski, the newest and greatest head coach for the Browns.

Winslow: Oh yeah, I heard something about that. Wha'z up Chud?

Chud: We're in talks. I'm bringing you to Cleveland.

Winslow: Sweet. Never thought that would happen in a million years, but lock it down wit' m' agent, m' brotha.

Chud: You got it, pal. Can't wait to get ya on the field, you're gonna be a monster blocker for us.

Winslow: Yeah, right. You must be trippin'.

Chud: What?

Winslow: What?

Chud: Okay, later.

Winslow: Uh-huh...

Hangs up...

Chud (to Banner): I think he's on board. Sounded kinda weird though.

Banner: Go figure.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
ummm ok ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Winslow read somewhere that we were interested in TE "Kellen" Davis and got so excited when he saw the name "Kellen" that he thought it was him.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
The guy we signed is named Kellen Davis ..........

Yeah, I had to look at it a few times too.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Recent x-ray of Kellen's knees was just released:

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Someone mentioned Evan Moore earlier. I really thought he was under utilized when he was here. Maybe its just me but he seemed to have a lot of potential when they would go to him with the ball.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Well since most around here says she's wrong about everything, why should it be any different now?

I mean knowing how much the fan base hated Lombardi, that didn't stop them. Why should this be any different?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well since most around here says she's wrong about everything, why should it be any different now?

I mean knowing how much the fan base hated Lombardi, that didn't stop them. Why should this be any different?

LOL In all truth, she's not wrong about EVERYTHING.. I mean,, sometimes she gets info right.. Trying to figure out which is which,, now that's a task.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
At first I really questioned the FO's decision to not bring in any starter-quality TEs this offseason, but if there's anyone in the entire league who knows about TEs and their potential — it's probably Chud. He developed Antonio Gates, helped Greg Olsen, and was the only guy to ever tap into Kellen Winslow's potential.

Maybe he thinks Cameron can be really good or maybe there's someone in the draft he wants. But history suggests that he's worth trusting.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I was always a huge fan of Evan. He is a mismatch on virtually everything from linebacker to corner to safety.

Why he didn't get his snaps, is beyond me. As people say here, perhaps it was another one of Pat Durmurr's many follies and bad judgement calls. I know he was injured I believe, but even when healthy it was rare to see an Evan Moore spotting.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He didn't last in Seattle either though. Then he went to the Eagles. Don't know the situation there.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Recent x-ray of Kellen's knees was just released:

lmao that was great dawg_LB

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I heard on sports talk radio yesterday afternoon that Kellen Winslow Jr. apparently recently tweeted a few teams have contacted him about signing him including Cleveland (probably due to his history with Chud). The radio guys started ripping into Winslow saying it would be a terrible move and signing however I actually disagree...

I would love to sign Winslow to a 1 or 2 year deal. He hasn't played since last October (with the Patriots for 1 game) and had surgery before the season was even done, so he would probably be the healthiest he has been in a long time going into next season (due to all the extra time off). Winslow would make a very nice receiving tight end for a year or two I think. He played with attitude and actually liked being a Brown which is rare.

I personally would welcome him back and be glad to have him back.

Obviously it's just a rumor, nothing official.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Knees are forever shot.

No... besides, Mary Kay has reported the front office has no interest in Kellen. Case closed!

E
Legend
Legend
E
We are not signing him. Chud was his coach in Miami the U.

They have maintained contact throughout his career and was his TE Coach here n his best year ever in the NFL when Chud was his OC here.

All this KW2 talk is from one source...KW2 was asked to join th crew at NFL Network yesterday...talking about many subjects...concussion etc. they try to do it a lot yesterday the special guests were KW2 n Clark the Steeler safety. Talk about draft picks the whole gambit of subjects.

At one time they did ask what 2013 had in store with him (KW2) he mentioned a couple of teams that contacted him (never mentioned the Browns) he mentioned also that he has talked to his old coach...that is pretty much it - I don't think he mentioned he wanted to come here or a possibility of coming here just talking with his old coach Chud! All the while this is going on they are showing 2007 high light after high light where Chud was his OC n he had his best season! After this every Ticker tape on ESPN n NFL Network n picked up by the DeadZone AP n other stuff.

"KW2 says he is talking with Chud the Browns new HC about signing with them"
And usually saying on NFL Network said....

I was listening live when he said it...n I did not come away with that. Just he talked with Chud.

JMHO - I really don't think he fits what we are looking for. I would be shocked if we even brought him in for a looksee.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Pepper Leach: Wish we had him five years ago.
Charlie Donovan: We did.

(okay, the original was "two years ago"...had to swtich it a bit for Kellen).

As for now....no thanks.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

As for now....no thanks.

love that movie

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Hasn't played since last october. 1 game, with the patriots. If I'm remembering correctly, before that he was cut by the seahawks.

Ya reckon there's a reason for that?

His knees are gone.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Knees are forever shot.

No... besides, Mary Kay has reported the front office has no interest in Kellen. Case closed!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
NO...as in NO WAY do I want him in Cleveland.

Try looking into why Winslow was traded away from the Bucs after leading the team in receptions for 3 years...

When the Bucs hired Greg Schiano to be their new HC in Jan 2012, Winslow decided he would skip all the team's off season workouts as well OTAs...Winslow said he didn't think he needed to be there.

So, Schiano traded Winslow to the Seahawks who cut Winslow just before the season started. The Patriots signed Winslow in after TE Hernandez was injured. Winslow played one game and asked for his release.

No other teams were interested in Winslow so he was out of football in 2012, due to his own stupidity. Winslow continues to be a huge head case and I wouldn't want him near the Browns locker room.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
No.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
no no and no

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would be for bringing back Kellen Winslow at the veterans minimum. He sat out an entire year which means he should be as healthy as he can get, he was pretty productive for the Buccaneers (884, 730, 763 receiving yards in his three seasons), and we don't have a proven tight end on the roster.

Sign him. If he is a moron, cut him. Not that hard.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I also saw that segment with Winslow on the NFL network. When they asked him about this coming year, to me, it almost felt like he was almost begging for some team to call him (but in a professional way lol).

I definitely don't want him now, would rather bring in another young athletic project or a good blocking TE with solid hands

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 03/26/13 02:37 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm thinking that would not be a great idea for this young team ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Awesome reference

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
'Browns aren't interested in signing Kellen Winslow Jr. and haven't contacted him about a job'

by Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
3/25/2013 10:55 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/team/1364222306-236-231/browns-arent-interested-in-signing.html

Winslow is looking to get back into football this season after sitting out most of last year with a knee injury. A former first-round pick of the Browns in 2004, Winslow enjoyed the best season of his career under Chudzinski in 2007, when he caught 82 passes for 1,106 yards and five TDs.

(end)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

'Browns aren't interested in signing Kellen Winslow Jr. and haven't contacted him about a job'

by Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
3/25/2013 10:55 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/team/1364222306-236-231/browns-arent-interested-in-signing.html

(end)

I don't doubt his athletic ability but I am concerned as the Browns should be about his mental well being ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree - if he becomes a problem, he's gone - that would have to be made clear to him from the get. We have too much invested in young WR's for him to be teaching them the prima donna routine. With Winslow, it was never about effort, and I think that attitude could be a big positive influence. Plus, he'd provide a valuable checkdown outlet for a relatively inexperienced QB. Oh, and he's better, at least as a receiver, than anyone we currently have.

S
Legend
Legend
S
It would be awesome to see Chud pee on K2's contract.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No thanks Jeff LOL

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Whats the deal with a lack of TE?

Link Copied to Clipboard