Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I've got Louisville and Michigan winning today.

Louisville winning it all

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just something to think about a few years down the road. Buckeye fans remember the name VJ King from St. Vincent St. Mary's High School. You will hear his name a lot 2-3 years from now.

Legend
Legend
Glad for the Louisville kid to see his team win, but I was cheering for WSU... they beat OSU and were the underdogs... thought they got screwed on that jump ball call with 8 seconds left... oh well...

<><

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Yhet were trying to give it away..WSU would pull away then their D would would fade..still another good game..Gonna root for the Orange now

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm glad Louisville won. I am currently touring a show to their campus so I'm waiting on a cab right now to go out and party. Everyone on campus and off had their red shirts on today. I was actually surprised we had 60 people in the audience that didn't mind missing the game...but they still had logo gear on.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Michael Carter Williams is a dumb player. Just mind boggling tonight. I love college basketball but I hate low IQ basketball

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Michigan beats Louisville tonight.

Michigan has the guards to beat the press.

Going to be lots of 3's for Stauskas and easy dunks for McGary on the back end of that press.

Legend
Legend
I'll be surprised if Louisville presses tonight, unless they are down with less than 6-8 minutes left. Pitino realizes the pros/cons to pressing a team with a quality guard like Burke.

That being said, I think it will be a VERY good game. I will say ...

Louisville 78
Michigan 74

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Legend
Legend
N
Louisville isn't as dependent on the press as VCU was/is. Pitino plays that press like an accordion and if it isn't working he drops it back.

This HAS to be a Trey Burke game. He's not been the big player the past few games because the teams have over-committed on him and that's allowed others to shine. Louisville hasn't over-committed to any one player, so I don't expect they'd start now (unless someone was destroying them). So, Burke should be able to prove his worth early.

I want Louisville to win. It's just crazy how Michigan has had different players step up all along the way. Take one thing away and another pops up and kills you until you take it away, then something else. Mark of a good team, sadly.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Scoring, yes, a different player has stepped up every game for Michigan.

However, EVERYTHING Michigan does starts with Trey Burke.

If I'm Louisville, I don't press, but I pick up Trey Burke full court. Even if they throw the ball in to someone else, guard Burke full court. Deny him the ball at all costs and make the offense flow through someone else.

N
Legend
Legend
N
in most games it did, but Beilein was smart enough in the Syracuse game to have everything flow through the high-post (to counter their zone).

it's strange though because he was so stubborn this season in Big10 play. they lost games because they refused to get out of their comfort zone on offense and now they are chameleons in the tourney. I don't know where it came from.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

As much as I dislike Michigan, and I dislike OSU too *, I hope they win tonight. It would be nice to see a Big Ten team win a national title. Maybe that's the same as all those SEC fans chanting "SEC, SEC..." but I don't care. Even though I didn't go to a Big Ten college, I kind of consider myself a Big Ten guy (if that makes sense).

*I went to Toledo. While there all I could see or hear was OSU or Michigan. It seemed like nobody cared about the Rockets, who were nationally ranked in football most of the time I went to school. So I kind of grew to dislike both. I would say, I do lean towards OSU whenever they play each other, since I did grow up in Ohio.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Legend
Legend
N
i don't really care about conference "pride"

for instance, if Louisville wins tonight, then do Big East fans get to claim pride or do ACC fans do it?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Funny, I didn't think about that.

Would Kentucky fans also get to gravy train a title win under the banner of state pride?

Top will post a short and sweet "Hell no" in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited by Punchsmack; 04/08/13 02:02 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I never understood people rooting for Pitt/Baltimore to win the Super Bowl because it somehow makes our division look better...

I rooted against OSU in 02 and 06...

Hated the Pistons from 04-11 (Now I just pity them)

Why you would want a rival to succeed I'll never understand...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't have the same mindset that SEC football fans have with their conference pride.

It's fine and dandy but I'm not rooting for anybody.

If one of those crappy always-bad teams, like Indiana or Minnesota somehow made a big football game, I'd pull for them, but if Michigan or Wisconsin made the title game, you've gotta be kidding me. I don't care how good my conference is if my team is in the title game, it only matters if their strength of schedule comes into play.

I have no problem knocking the B1G for horrible football for almost a decade, but at the same time I'm not pulling for them to be good. I'm expecting them to be good.

Maybe it comes from me being a Cleveland fan and hating everyone when they win. Bitter? I don't care.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Would Kentucky fans also get to gravy train a title win under the banner of state pride?

You'd be surprised how many Kentucky fans are rooting for UL to "Keep it in the state"

It's pathetic.

GO BLUE!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree I NEVER root for Pittsburgh or baltimore or Cincinnati for that matter and tonight I will NOT root for Michigan ... NO WAY NO HOW ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, I rooted for NW to win a bowl game and always root for them to make the tourney. But, it's more of a pity-vote of rooting that I'd do for any school in their position.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I agree I NEVER root for Pittsburgh or baltimore or Cincinnati for that matter and tonight I will NOT root for Michigan ... NO WAY NO HOW ... JMHO

Same here. I hope scUM gets spanked royally.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
More plastic surgery -- Rick Pitino or Pete Carroll?

N
Legend
Legend
N
Glad at least Hancock showed up

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

This HAS to be a Trey Burke game. He's not been the big player the past few games because the teams have over-committed on him and that's allowed others to shine. Louisville hasn't over-committed to any one player, so I don't expect they'd start now (unless someone was destroying them). So, Burke should be able to prove his worth early.

I want Louisville to win. It's just crazy how Michigan has had different players step up all along the way. Take one thing away and another pops up and kills you until you take it away, then something else. Mark of a good team, sadly.

so much for any chance at a reverse jinx there. Burke starts off hot (1st paragraph), gets his 2nd foul, and his little-played backup Albrecht just picks up where Burke left off

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In watching this game I have come to a conclusion on OSU for next year. If we want to win it all, Amir Williams MUST develop his game. Shot blocking with size is huge in today's college basketball because it's so rare.

F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Bring it home, Louisville Cardinals! Defeat Michigan!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Run the freaking clock Louisville! My god

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Some very bad officiating. And bad defensive rebounding for Michigan.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I thought I could root for Michigan, but I was very wrong. I hate them, glad they lost.

#gmstrong
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Coach Pitino was sure shocked to hear that pyro be so close! lol Stage people...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I absolutely despise Louisville, and it makes me sick that that POS Rick Pitino got another title.

Pitino cheats on his wife with the wife of one of his assistant coaches, bangs some chick at an Italian restaurant, knocks her up, pays for the abortion ... Yet it's all forgotten. It's guys like Calipari who are the 'scum' in college basketball

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Coach Pitino was sure shocked to hear that pyro be so close! lol Stage people...

loved the duck-n-cover then slowly lift his eyes again.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I absolutely despise Louisville, and it makes me sick that that POS Rick Pitino got another title.

Pitino cheats on his wife with the wife of one of his assistant coaches, bangs some chick at an Italian restaurant, knocks her up, pays for the abortion ... Yet it's all forgotten. It's guys like Calipari who are the 'scum' in college basketball

don't forget that Pitino is going into the college basketball HOF this year

(and Cal w/ Worldwide is pretty scummy too)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Don't worry, nobody forgot about the Italian restaurant thingy. A video game message board I frequent, not as much as here, did a word association after last night's win, "restaurant table" won. Trust me, he won't wipe that stink off his person forever.

As for the game itself, it was very good until the end. I can't help but think how the game would have been different had they not called a defensive foul on Burke for blocking Siva. That was freaking clean. And even if there was slight body contact, you let that go when a guard is making that kind of effort. Total BS call. Even my wife said, "What else was the defender supposed to do? Let him score because he's not allowed to block the shot? Lame."

Oh well, fun tournament overall. I'm glad the Madness is over.

ONE MORE thing....this is why April is the best sports month. NCAA Final Four and title game, the Masters, MLB starts, NHL playoffs*, NBA playoffs and the NFL draft.

*Normally the NHL playoffs would be starting sooner. I think they'll be starting near the 29th this month. It should be 3 weeks sooner.

[Linked Image]

F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Quote:

Obviously, I don't (and will never) excuse Pitino's behavior off the court. Those were all despicable acts. My only hope is that Pitino the person will repent of such things. I value my spiritual beliefs, of course.

But to the game, as a coach, Pitino obviously knows what he's doing. He knows how to communicate with his players and he puts them in the right positions to win games. Hate on him as a person all you want, but as a coach, you can't deny that he knows what to do.

Congrats Louisville Cardinals. I'm happy for Kevin Ware especially.

Legend
Legend
jc After watching quite a few of the games in this tournament....I think those two teams were very deserving of competing for the championship. It seemed like every player on the court had icewater in their veins. And best of all scUM lost!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

More plastic surgery -- Rick Pitino or Pete Carroll?

I'm sorry but that made me LOL ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Andrew Wiggins might commit to Florida State.

WOW

He makes them title contenders because he's that damn good.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Both his parents went to Florida State. I have read that he could have a Durant-like impact on any program he goes to.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Andrew Wiggins cancelled his in-home visits with Florida State, North Carolina, and Kansas.

Godspeed, college basketball, Godspeed.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Basketball - March Madness II

Link Copied to Clipboard