OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Would be an upgrade over MoMass, that is for sure.

Legend
Legend
Sounds like it came from Norv to me. They stockpiled big wideouts in SD when he was there. Gordon, Little, and Hixon all fit the bill.

Rookie
Rookie
Cleveland Browns have very mild interest in former Akron WR Domenik Hixon

real title

Here we go again
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't know why it's do damn hard to copy & paste the article along with the link...

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
on March 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM, updated March 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

CLEVELAND -- T

he Browns have a very mild interest in former Akron Zips receiver Domenik Hixon, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

Hixon, 28, is an unrestricted free agent from the Giants, where he was part of two Super Bowl Championships.

Mostly a reserve receiver, Hixon caught 39 passes for 567 yards and two touchdowns last season. Overall, he's started 13 of his 61 NFL games.

Hixon, who sat out most of one season with a torn ACL, visited the Raiders last week.

Hixon would provide a veteran presence in a young receiving room, one that includes second-year players Josh Gordon and Travis Benjamin, and third-year Brown Greg Little.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

I don't know why it's do damn hard to copy & paste the article along with the link...

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
on March 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM, updated March 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

CLEVELAND -- T

he Browns have a very mild interest in former Akron Zips receiver Domenik Hixon, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

Hixon, 28, is an unrestricted free agent from the Giants, where he was part of two Super Bowl Championships.

Mostly a reserve receiver, Hixon caught 39 passes for 567 yards and two touchdowns last season. Overall, he's started 13 of his 61 NFL games.

Hixon, who sat out most of one season with a torn ACL, visited the Raiders last week.

Hixon would provide a veteran presence in a young receiving room, one that includes second-year players Josh Gordon and Travis Benjamin, and third-year Brown Greg Little.

I don't know why it so damn hard for someone to click their mouse button ONCE.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 03/30/13 01:20 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Grossi said the Browns could (and should) target Hixon on the radio (WKNR) yesterday. Apparently Mary Kay was listening too. I like how she fudges by using the words "very mild".

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good. Sign him

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just board etiquette and common courtesy to copy and paste the article. Some people read the website on their phones which makes going to the link burdensome.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I don't know why it so damn hard for someone to click their mouse button ONCE.

It's not. But especially in the case of a longer article it's good to have it in the thread so as people make comments relating to the article it is right there in the thread to check back on.

Just as in this example. You titled your thread, " Browns Have Interest in WR Dominik Hixon", when the actual title is, "Cleveland Browns have very mild interest in former Akron WR Domenik Hixon".

That might be a subtle difference to you but it's a significant difference really.

I've seen it a lot on here lately, a paraphrased title that changes significantly once that link is clicked.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Fair enough. Never thought about the Phone angle.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
It also makes it difficult to cut and paste so we can quote a snippet completely out of context.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Let me get this straight:

Some dude said, on the radio, that we should have interest in Hixon.

Some lady heard the dude on the radio.

"A league source" then told the lady that the Browns have "very mild interest" in Hixon.

What the heck is "very mild interest" anyway? Someone at one point sneezed and it sounded like the person said Hixon. The sneezed occurred somewhere near the Browns' training facility.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, seems like MKC is lost. Twitter did her in.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Yeah, seems like MKC is lost. Twitter did her in.

Agreed. She does nothing but retweet the national writers and never breaks any real news on her own.

Would like to see the Browns add Hixon at a reasonable price.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
So....what was said on the radio and a league source can't be exclusive from one another?

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

It also makes it difficult to cut and paste so we can quote a snippet completely out of context.

How is it completely out of context? "very mild", "some", "normal", "a ton". no matter what it is- it's still interest.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Just for reference, there is limited space in the subject line. Sometimes, revising the subject line is necessary. I'm sure that in most cases, it isn't an attempt to deceive the readers.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

That happens to me all the time, but I won't drop any names.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Would be an upgrade on Josh Cooper, very mild probably means they don't want to pay him any money. He doesn't sound worth it anyway, with those numbers and Eli throwing to him.
Veteran leadership is ovverrated, especially in the offensive skilled positions. Why? Because the guy will get old and injured and leave your roster in a hole.
But that's not necessarilly the case in this case.

Anyways, there's a pattern. If you read " Browns sign (insert name)", then they signed someone, if you read anythign else, like " are talking to" " show interest in", then they end up going elsewhere.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I for one like cooper and think he can develop into a very effective slot wr

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The Browns just picked up Norwood on some restricted contract, no? That may be a bad sign for the Cooper camp.

Not sure what to say about Cooper. Not a big enough sample size for me, although he did have a couple good catches with a QB he is familiar with.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

How is it completely out of context? "very mild", "some", "normal", "a ton". no matter what it is- it's still interest.

I don't believe he was talking seriously nor defining the adjectives of interest. He was being sarcastic and funny. But still had a point.

If someone wanted to make a comment on something mentioned in an article it's easier to copy & paste from the article in the thread and then quote the phrase from the article so there's no mistaking that which they are addressing. Exactly as we all do regarding comments made by members.

It's also easier to go back and re-read the article as others comment on it.

I realize it's no one's job to make things easier for others. But it's a small request to the person who initially found the story and took the time to post about it. It also makes for more/better discussion on the subject for all the reasons mentioned in this thread so far.

No matter how you cut it there's plenty of good reasons to paste the article with the link into the thread in contrast to posting the link only. Especially at the start of a new thread. Not doing so is akin to finding something interesting on the internet and clicking on it only to find you have to click something else to get to the interesting thing promised.

Posting only the link is something that's rarely been done on here until recently with the influx of new members. I suppose the practice was brought over from BrownsChat.

No harm/no foul. Perhaps I was too vindictive when I brought attention to it. Plus, I didn't make it clear that I wasn't accusing you of being deceitful as I never took it that way. Rather that I read one thing then click the link and find something else.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Just for reference, there is limited space in the subject line. Sometimes, revising the subject line is necessary. I'm sure that in most cases, it isn't an attempt to deceive the readers.

That's a good point.

I don't think anyone was intentionally being deceitful.

Post the article and no one gets confounded.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

former Akron WR

*spit*

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

That's a good point.

I don't think anyone was intentionally being deceitful.

Post the article and no one gets confounded.

Of course it's a good point. I made it.

But, I will agree that posting the text of the article would be helpful, but for the same reasons that someone might not be able to read them with a mobile phone, the person posting them might also just post a link.

I really couldn't say as my mobile phone makes a Jitterbug phone look modern.

Legend
Legend
Norwood is an exclusive rights free agent. Only the Browns can negotiate with him. Resigning him means nothing at all other than he'll be in camp, competing for a job.

I really thought that he was going to be an excellent slot receiver type, but man has he been derailed by injuries. He is going into his 5th season ...... but only has 36 catches over that time. He missed 13 games last year with injuries. 2011 looked like a potential start to his career .... but he has just stalled. Now with a new coaching staff ..... who knows what will happen with him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Why not Darrius Heyward-Bey?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I won the lottery...doesn't matter how much, it's still the lottery.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
Big difference between winning on the 3 digit draw and the Mega Millions© though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Big difference between winning on the 3 digit draw and the Mega Millions© though.

Exactly...that's my point.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c

Mild Interest is agent speak for - YOU Better Sign my Player or the Browns ...shhh won't but could!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
So Rambo, you see him as camp fodder or something better than that? I know nothing about him.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For those of you saying he is an upgrade over Mohammad Massaqoui. On speed and versatility you are correct, however Hixon has had nothing but injury issues these last few seasons for the Giants. If we can sign him to a small, low risk contract than I say sure give him a shot but we shouldn't count on the guy to be our starting slot receiver or anything, at least not right away until he shows he can stay healthy.

I would have more interest in signing Julian Edelmen (Spelling?) or Darius Hayward-Bay.

Last edited by MrKelso; 04/01/13 12:31 PM.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hixon is interviewing In Carolina today according to NFL Networks Bottom Line ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

For those of you saying he is an upgrade over Mohammad Massaqoui. On speed and versatility you are correct, however Hixon has had nothing but injury issues these last few seasons for the Giants. If we can sign him to a small, low risk contract than I say sure give him a shot but we shouldn't count on the guy to be our starting slot receiver or anything, at least not right away until he shows he can stay healthy.

I would have more interest in signing Julian Edelmen (Spelling?) or Darius Hayward-Bay.

Haha, and MoMass hasn't been riding the injury bug himself? MoMass may be the most fragile WR in the league now. I suspect he'll be riding some practice squad this upcoming year somewhere...

Legend
Legend
Massaquoi is ineligible to be placed on a Practice Squad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hope he is placed on a bus out of town

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Massaquoi is ineligible to be placed on a Practice Squad.

I wasn't aware of this, or is this a "april fools" thing?

Either or, please educate me on the whys/why nots...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Practice squad eligibility is tied somehow to time in the league. Massa has been active far too many games to be put on a practice squad.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Have Interest in WR Dominik Hixon

Link Copied to Clipboard