Print Thread
#777711 04/19/13 05:24 PM
B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Bengals signed SLB James Harrison, formerly of the Steelers, to a two-year contract.
The 2008 Defensive Player of the Year, Harrison will bring pass rush to the strong-side linebacker position in Cincinnati that Marvin Lewis has long sought. Although he is 35 now with an increasingly fragile body and must play limited snaps, Harrison remains a highly effective edge presence. He racked up six sacks, two forced fumbles, and 70 tackles last season despite missing three games and large chunks of others. Cincinnati's defense is otherwise returning intact after last year's No. 6 finish. Harrison will add attitude on the second level.

Also on pft.

James Harrison is about to become a Bengal.

Harrison, the longtime Steelers linebacker, has agreed to terms with the division rival Bengals. It’s a two-year contract, according to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The deal comes shortly after Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he expected to sign either Harrison or veteran linebacker Karlos Dansby before the draft, but that the Bengals wouldn’t sign both of them. Hearing that may have been just the message Harrison needed to agree to terms before the Bengals lost interest.

And now the Bengals’ two games with the Steelers will get a little more interesting: Harrison sacking Ben Roethlisberger would certainly fire up the fan base in Cincinnati, and would lead to Harrison hearing plenty of boos in Pittsburgh. He’ll get to face the Steelers twice this year, and he’s already expressing his excitement.

Whodey!!!!!!!!!!! Hello Cincinnati!!!!

James Harrison (@jharrison9292) April 19, 2013

"Signings" was locked, so this can be signings part two.

Don't care much about this signing, think Harrison is done as a full-timer, however the ben-gal d got a little deeper.

linker

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
N
Legend
Legend
N
Cinci is attempting to have the slowest LBer corps of alltime.

Harrison, Rey-M, Burfict

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Cinci is attempting to have the slowest LBer corps of alltime.

Harrison, Rey-M, Burfict

Looks like Cincy wants more trouble makers ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
There is no way Harrison is on the field during anything other than pass rushing situations.

Legend
Legend
Dontay Moch ought to be about ready to see the field, no?

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Dontay Moch ought to be about ready to see the field, no?

i hear he runs a 3.9 40 now

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

My younger brother (Bengals fan) has been texting me like crazy. LOL

He seems very excited.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Living in Cincinnati, I've already been poking fun at my Bengals' friends. So far all of them hate it.

They've despised him for so long, and like Browns' fan would, they can't process the fact he's on their team. The fact he said "Who Dey" on twitter not too long ago is driving them up the wall.

I've already ordered a jersey for someone...

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 04/19/13 06:25 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F

This is a signing that will come back to bite the Bengals' tails in the long term!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Now go put a hurtin on your old QB.

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Now go put a hurtin on your old QB.

This. A lone silver lining.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

and would lead to Harrison hearing plenty of boos in Pittsburgh. He’ll get to face the Steelers twice this year, and he’s already expressing his excitement.

He'll get a lot of boos in Cincy from Steeler fans as well.

Last edited by ~TuX~; 04/19/13 11:08 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
D
Legend
Legend
D
+ 2

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
It would be great if he destroys big Ben with a dirty hit. Then all the Steeler fans that defended him all those years will have to eat their words.

Legend
Legend
Agreed. So this was the overwhelming interest his agent said the league had shown in Harrison. Cheap shot = playmaker in the C-tucky franchise. Like a double damnation: Which is worse? P-borgs won't keep you or Cin. does? And he puts a whole lotta different spin on "leadfoot" at his age.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Rookie
Rookie
j/c

This signing could have a negative impact on Burfict.
He was penalized and "I believe" ejected in college for questionable hits on players.
Harrison is PROBABLY not the best mentor for a young defensive player.

ORANGE & BROWN FOREVER!!!!!!!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I'm curious what the terms are. He could have made 6 million in Pissburgh, but want 6.5. I'm thinking he's getting way less than that now.

All you do to take this guy out of a play is make him cover a TE. He sucks at it and always has. I hope somebody takes his knees out, he is a low life thug. I would have never accepted him as a Brown.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum bengals sign harrison

Link Copied to Clipboard