Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The draft is like Christmas morning.

Except for Browns fans, Santa is a clown walking around with a bottle of Jack looking to burn down our christmas trees and doodoo on our front lawns.

you've got it all wrong. Santa is Dan Akroyd from Trading Places who is only there to steal your ham.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/c

Yall ready to take that kicker in the first round? lol

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Why oh why would the Browns consider moving UP in the draft? Who in the world in this draft would be worth that??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...redhot-interest

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
DaveyD #779345 04/25/13 03:22 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Who in the world in this draft would be worth that??

Hopkins....Kicker...Flordia St.

ClayM57 #779346 04/25/13 03:29 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Quote:

Who in the world in this draft would be worth that??

Hopkins....Kicker...Flordia St.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Legend
Legend
Joe Banner "In The Driver's Seat" of NFL Draft
Apr 25, 2013 -- 3:16pm
By: Will Burge

Are you confused about what the Browns will do with the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft? Don’t worry, so is everyone else.

A league source told ESPN Cleveland today that Joe Banner is “in the driver’s seat” for the entire 2013 draft.

There has been a cloud of secrecy over the Browns’ organization for the past few months. No one can quite get a read on which direction the new front office will go when it is their turn to select. Over the past 72 hours there has been a flurry of rumors about who the Browns will select, their desire to trade up, their desire to trade down, and even their desire to acquire players from other teams.

“When Joe (Banner) came back into the league with (the Browns) everyone knew they were going to have to deal with him. I don’t think anyone expected it to be on this level,” said the league source. “He has every team thinking something different, he has every media outlet reporting something different, and he is loving every second of it.”

When Banner was with the Philadelphia Eagles, he was known for hardnosed contract negotiations and getting players to earn their money. Now it seems as though he is earning his.

“He has contacted almost every team in the draft about a multitude of different scenarios,” said the league source. “He is playing them like a fiddle.”

When Joe Banner and Michael Lombardi held their pre draft press conference one week ago, Banner admitted that he has talked to just about every team in the draft about possible trade scenarios. He indicated that as the draft moved closer, those talks would become more specific. Those “more specific” conversations seem to be the root of the rumors swirling around the team.

While the league source did praise Banner for his manipulation the likes of which he had not seen in over twelve years being involved in the league, he also cautioned that it does not necessarily translate into a successful draft class.

“You want to have all options open in this thing,” said the league source. “You want people on their toes. But in the end, if you don’t take advantage of the opportunities you have created, then it was all for not.”

So while Joe Banner has dominated the pre-draft mystery competition, he still has to prove himself once the team is officially on the clock, no matter where and when that might be.

web page

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
BANNER BEING IN CONTROL OF THIS DRAFT DOES NOT GIVE ME A GOOD FEELING. he is a business man who fancy's himself a football guru........

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #779349 04/25/13 03:49 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I wonder what's "brewing" behind the scenes? Possible trade down to the mid 20's?

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/4/25/4...-picks-and-more

It's not often that we claim our own sources, but it's draft day, so what the heck, right? Several sources have been in contact with Dawgs By Nature with a couple of very interesting nuggets related to the quarterback position for the Cleveland Browns:

-One source tells us that, despite what he has said to the local media, Michael Lombardi "will stop at nothing" to make sure that Brandon Weeden is not the Browns' starting quarterback in 2013.

Keep in mind that four people are supposed to have an equal say in the matter, though. If Lombardi/Banner want a QB early, they would also need either Chudzinski or Farmer to both approve of it as well. This might be the reason why we haven't heard stronger rumors about the Browns getting a first-round quarterback.

-Another source tells us that the Browns aren't going to be taking QB Geno Smith at No. 6 overall, but that there is something wild brewing behind-the-scenes and that if it ends up going down, "lots of fans will be going crazy." Hopefully that is good-crazy.

-Lastly, our final source tells us that QB E.J. Manuel is the "crown jewel target" for the Browns if they are able to trade down. The source also says that the Browns are trying to address, in no particular order, safety, cornerback, and tight end in the subsequent rounds.

Rambo #779350 04/25/13 03:55 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

"lots of fans will be going crazy."

Were getting SANDCASTLE

slick #779351 04/25/13 03:55 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Did you even read the article?

cfrs15 #779352 04/25/13 04:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you watch his presser with Jimmy D, Banner come off as a thoughtful, invested professional thoroughly entrenched in doing his due diligence, and just as concerned about making the right decisions as we are. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen. I just pray to God Lombardi's two cents is worth exactly that, because I think that fool could completely tank our drafts if left to his own devices.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Rambo #779353 04/25/13 04:08 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I'm trying to imagine the worst case possible....the way this sounds, it's a player projected to go in the 2nd/3rd. I think drafting Margus Hunt or Vance McDonald as our 1st player would take the cake for me....to come out of a top10 pick draft with a major project as your 1st player would qualify....oh, even worse: we take Hunt and then trade away Rubin for less...scary thought

That would easily be worse than taking a QB in the 1st...WAY worse

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Matt Barkley at #6

Rambo #779355 04/25/13 04:09 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Editing in the modern age sucks. In that report the phrase "all for not" should read "all for NAUGHT". Had that been written by a poster I wouldn't bring it up, but reporters get paid to write and editors get paid to edit....

In answer to the original posters take, if they take Geno Smith, so be it. If Chud and Norv believe he is the quarterback we need to make their offense hum, then he is exactly who we should take. We need a franchise quarterback. If they feel they can make Weeden into one, GREAT. Saves us having to draft one. But if they feel they can't make it work with him, then drafting a replacement is job one.

Overall, I don't much care who we draft. I'd like Jordon or Milliner but there are a lot of very good players we could draft at #6. As long as the Browns play great football in September, doesn't really matter which of these young men we select now.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
ClayM57 #779356 04/25/13 04:10 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Were getting SANDCASTLE

That would be a GREAT pick. We could have Haden and Sandcastle in coverage, plus Sandcastle returning punts and kicks. He might be the difference maker we need to win a Super Bowl. I think we might have to trade up to get him, though. I'd be willing to give up this year's and next year's 1st round picks to get him.

Last edited by Lemmys_Wart; 04/25/13 04:26 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Keep in mind that four people are supposed to have an equal say in the matter, though. If Lombardi/Banner want a QB early, they would also need either Chudzinski or Farmer to both approve of it as well.

You know, they say that but in reality Banner is running the show. If he decides he wants a QB he will take a QB. Chud's in his first HC job so he has no real power in the organization. This is Banners show. Period. That's why he got rid of Heckert. He didn't want to share power. So boon or bust, this is ALL Banner.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The draft is like Christmas morning.

Except for Browns fans, Santa is a clown walking around with a bottle of Jack looking to burn down our christmas trees and doodoo on our front lawns.

You forgot that he also pees down the chimney, putting out the fire so we all freeze.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Matt Barkley at #6

Hey, if this were like a year and a half ago, me and you would both be going nuts.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Matt Barkley at #6

Hey, if this were like a year and a half ago, me and you would both be going nuts.

And I would have been furious.

I am still going to try and keep an open mind, no matter what happens.

I get this feeling that we are going to trade down and pick EJ Manuel. That's my bet for what we'll wind up doing.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I'm trying to imagine the worst case possible....the way this sounds, it's a player projected to go in the 2nd/3rd. I think drafting Margus Hunt or Vance McDonald as our 1st player would take the cake for me....to come out of a top10 pick draft with a major project as your 1st player would qualify....oh, even worse: we take Hunt and then trade away Rubin for less...scary thought

That would easily be worse than taking a QB in the 1st...WAY worse

We're obviously going to take Geno at #6 and then trade back into the first and take Barkely at #7. </purple>

Last edited by Flap; 04/25/13 04:36 PM.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
T
Legend
Legend
T
Every time someone mentions the movie Trading Places I like to point out that the character who drove the small golf cart type thing, and argued that " it's my turn to drive" (" well you drove before lunch") "Well I just backed it up" (" well some trips are shorter than others" . ... Is a U.S. Senator. And his election appears to me highly suspicisious of being a stolen election.

Oh and by the way.

DON'T ! ! ! !
TRADE ! ! ! !
UP ! ! ! !

Is Lombardi the one who traded Ernest Byner for Michael Oliphant?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Quote:

I don't want Geno Smith, but I won't be sick or upset. I'll just be skeptical. On the other board a few years ago, the overwhelming consensus was how terrible Cam Newton would be. It reminds me of Geno this year. Everyone labeled Cam an immediate bust and were scoffing at the notion of him going #1.

Anyhow, I want Jordan or Milliner at #6. At the end of the weekend, we need a starting CB and a FS that can at least challenge Gipson/Hagg.

Geno Smith ... Where there is smoke there is fire

By fire you mean the one that will be started by Browns fans when they burn down Firstenergy Stadium (god I hate the stadium name change) if Geno Smith is selected at 6!

HewDawg #779364 04/25/13 05:14 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't want Geno Smith, but I won't be sick or upset. I'll just be skeptical. On the other board a few years ago, the overwhelming consensus was how terrible Cam Newton would be. It reminds me of Geno this year. Everyone labeled Cam an immediate bust and were scoffing at the notion of him going #1.

Anyhow, I want Jordan or Milliner at #6. At the end of the weekend, we need a starting CB and a FS that can at least challenge Gipson/Hagg.

Geno Smith ... Where there is smoke there is fire

By fire you mean the one that will be started by Browns fans when they burn down Firstenergy Stadium (god I hate the stadium name change) if Geno Smith is selected at 6!

Most Likely

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just heard on NFL Network that Carolina is now talking to us about moving to 6 from 14 ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Editing in the modern age sucks. In that report the phrase "all for not" should read "all for NAUGHT". Had that been written by a poster I wouldn't bring it up, but reporters get paid to write and editors get paid to edit.

But consider the source. It's ESPN Cleveland and Will Burge.

Quote:

Overall, I don't much care who we draft. I'd like Jordon or Milliner but there are a lot of very good players we could draft at #6. As long as the Browns play great football in September, doesn't really matter which of these young men we select now.

But if you're going to criticize folks, you shouldn't make mistakes yourself. It's Jordan (if you are talking about Dion Jordan) at #6.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Just heard on NFL Network that Carolina is now talking to us about moving to 6 from 14 ...

What would the Browns get in return? A second and a fourth?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

What would the Browns get in return? A second and a fourth?

Sounds about right ...

Legend
Legend
seeing as how they don't have a third, that sounds ridiculous.

I guess if they really, really want Star (or Floyd,) it could happen. But I doubt it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It could always include picks from next year. Which personally I would prefer a 2014 1st over a 2013 2nd.

Seems like when a team hires a new head coach or GM there is inevitably a trade with their former team. I fully expect some kind of trade with the Panthers or Chargers. Possibly but less likely the Cardinals. I think that Banner and the Eagles split was not on friendly terms so I would be surprised by a trade with the Eagles (but we did pick up the Rb that they released).

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I'll take Cam Newton.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Is there anyway we can dust off pee guy to help us countdown the final two hours till the draft? I don't know what he should be peeing on though. . .

cfrs15 #779374 04/25/13 05:52 PM
H
1st String
1st String
H
Nfl.com link

The Oakland Raiders might find a trading partner for the No. 3 overall pick in 2013 NFL Draft, but it won't be the Cleveland Browns.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Thursday that the Browns do not plan to trade up, according to a team source.

The Browns have the No. 6 overall selection. Breer reported earlier Thursday there were rumors the Browns could attempt to move into the Raiders' spot to land a pass rusher. With Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher and Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel widely believed to be selected among the top-two picks, the team that picks third should have the choice of any defender.

The Browns won't move up, but they could still move down. There have been whispers connecting Browns to EJ Manuel, the Florida State quarterback whose draft stock has been on the rise in recent weeks.

Manuel's ability to run the read-option would be a nice fit for Browns coach Rob Chudzinski, who got so much out of Cam Newton during his time with the Carolina Panthers.

cfrs15 #779375 04/25/13 05:54 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Is there anyway we can dust off pee guy to help us countdown the final two hours till the draft? I don't know what he should be peeing on though. . .

Every team when they pick ... thats not right ... is it

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't know where that report came from, apparently Banner has been slinging poo the past couple of hours, but it made no sense.

cfrs15 #779377 04/25/13 05:56 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I'll take Cam Newton.

and they can keep the #14 and have Weeden too

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #779378 04/25/13 05:56 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

?

N
Legend
Legend
N

#gmstrong
HewDawg #779380 04/25/13 05:59 PM
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Draft a QB at 6 or trade up and we riot!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I was thinking Mangini now that only one of his draft picks is still with the team (Mack).

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) ROUND 1 THREAD

Link Copied to Clipboard