Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Last year we drafted a 28 year old QB in the first round. I wasn't happy.

This year if we draft Geno Smith I will probably have a similar reaction.

What could we do this year that would make you lose your mind?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trade with SF.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Last year we drafted a 28 year old QB in the first round. I wasn't happy.

This year if we draft Geno Smith I will probably have a similar reaction.

What could we do this year that would make you lose your mind?

Things That would make Me Un-Happy:

Geno smith @ #6
Ryan Mallett for anything above a 4th
Ziggy Ansah @ #6

I will be back

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You guys know I lost my mind years ago..............

If they take a frickin QB number 1 again, I may jump out of my 100th floor window....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm not sure if it'a player per se, although I want no part of a QB or Anash at #6. What would drive me up the wall would be the panic moves. Like Weeden last year reaked of a panic move.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
If we draft a QB in Rounds 1 or 2, I will shake my head in disapproval. I will not flip out and drop F Bombs, which is what others assume I'll do for whatever reason... Don't jump to conclusions, people.

If we trade down and then draft someone who isn't a need nor is a Top 3 BPA guy, then I'll scratch my head and stare at the TV screen.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I'm not a big fan of us drafting Smith, but if the FO likes him that much, then they should take him.

I really don't like the thought of trading for Mallett. If he were that good, I don't think BB would be dangling him around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Trade with SF.

If it should happen I'd like to nab Zach Ertz at 31.

IF we trade with SF I want them overpaying for the pick.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm Back ::::

If we trade up anytime in this draft ...
If we give up more than a 5th for Bess ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Trading up in the first round.
Taking Geno Smith
Giving up anything better than one of our 5ths for Devon Bess.

And this is almost worthy of finding a different team to cheer for

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-before-philly/

Legend
Legend
Trading up
Taking Geno Smith at #6

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Boy would this make heads explode. Mine included.

web page

Browns could be trying to get Geno Smith before Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT

Getty Images
At a time when many believe the Browns would like to jump the draft-pick line in front of the Eagles to get a pass rusher, some think that the Browns could be targeting a pass thrower.

There’s a building buzz that the Browns could be plotting to move from No. 6 to No. 3 to get quarterback Geno Smith before the Eagles take him at No. 4.

The move, if it happens, would be a shock. Smith currently is regarded as a guy who could slide to the bottom of round one, if not out of the first round completely.

The Eagles have shown strong interest in Smith. The entourage that traveled last month to Morgantown for a private workout with Smith included owner Jeffrey Lurie. While most think the Eagles wouldn’t be inclined to use a rare (for Philly) top-five pick on a quarterback at a time when Mike Vick and Nick Foles are under contract, the one thing that everyone is expecting with new coach Chip Kelly is something unexpected.

For the Browns, a move to No. 3 would mark the second straight year in which the Browns climbed into the three spot. Last year, the Browns traded from No. 4 to No. 3 to get running back Trent Richardson. This year, a move to get Geno Smith would be far bolder.

But it would at least go a long way toward getting folks in Cleveland to quit talking about Jimmy Haslam and Pilot Flying J.

Last edited by Flap; 04/25/13 01:22 PM.

Rookie
Rookie
Was reading multiple items on CNNSI.

Items they mentioned :

trading down for Cleveland becoming less likely, due to 3 tackles going in top 5.

Don Banks said he's heard Cleveland will NOT be drafting a CB at # 6. likely, going with LB or QB.

Cleveland has called about Ryan Mallett AGAIN. Patriots want a 2nd rounder.

Dolphins was a 4th rounder for Bess.
-----

I'll blow a gasket if they trade for Mallett. And I know I don't want Smith, period. I'd like a trade down if possible, and go OG.

Legend
Legend
Trading up to #1 and then missing the clock on our pick ... and then being forced to take an OT.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Boy would this make heads explode. Mine included.

web page

Browns could be trying to get Geno Smith before Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT

Getty Images
At a time when many believe the Browns would like to jump the draft-pick line in front of the Eagles to get a pass rusher, some think that the Browns could be targeting a pass thrower.

There’s a building buzz that the Browns could be plotting to move from No. 6 to No. 3 to get quarterback Geno Smith before the Eagles take him at No. 4.

The move, if it happens, would be a shock. Smith currently is regarded as a guy who could slide to the bottom of round one, if not out of the first round completely.

The Eagles have shown strong interest in Smith. The entourage that traveled last month to Morgantown for a private workout with Smith included owner Jeffrey Lurie. While most think the Eagles wouldn’t be inclined to use a rare (for Philly) top-five pick on a quarterback at a time when Mike Vick and Nick Foles are under contract, the one thing that everyone is expecting with new coach Chip Kelly is something unexpected.

For the Browns, a move to No. 3 would mark the second straight year in which the Browns climbed into the three spot. Last year, the Browns traded from No. 4 to No. 3 to get running back Trent Richardson. This year, a move to get Geno Smith would be far bolder.

But it would at least go a long way toward getting folks in Cleveland to quit talking about Jimmy Haslam and Pilot Flying J.

yep, that would do it.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Trading up
Taking Geno Smith at #6

Agree.....also if we draft a OT with the # 6 just because he's the BPA

But.....if we Draft Geno at # 6 and Trade Weeden for a 2nd round pick than trade Sheer for a late 1st round pick where we take a corner than...I'll be ok with that...But who's going to give a 2nd rounder for Weeden...?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Drafting Geno, who I feel is a future bust, while passing on Jarvis Jones, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft, who then falls to Pittsburgh. Then watching Jones beat the snot out of our ongoing QB carousel for the next 8-10 years.
It'll be the same sick feeling I got when Polamalu fell in the draft far enough that Pittsburgh could move up to 16 to grab him. But hey, we traded back and got Jeff Faine and Chaun Thompson.
I just threw up.

[Linked Image]
Rookie
Rookie
Trade up from 6 to 3 to take Smith?!!!

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could be a smokescreen to get a trade partner who is looking for a QB, too.

Bluff that you're wanting above Philly for a QB. A deal doesn't get done, Philly passes on Geno at #4.

Teams like the Jets, Bills, etc. who might be in love with Geno panic, and offer a lot for #6.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Or just Banner outsmarting himself because he's all about showing how smart he is to Lurie

IF we trade UP for Geno Smith, I will probably freak out and be on a Mangini-like crusade to get these clowns out of towns asap. I will probably turn into an FBI-fan until the season

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Bluff that you're wanting above Philly for a QB. A deal doesn't get done, Philly passes on Geno at #4.

Teams like the Jets, Bills, etc. who might be in love with Geno panic, and offer a lot for #6.

BIG SMOKE SCREEN ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I know. But it fit the thread way too nicely to not include.

Besides, a nice dooms day thread will make whatever we do more palatable. Right?!?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
As if anything you say or do has any effect on the team.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

But wouldn't that work only to Detroit's advantage?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've noticed lately you're trying hard to take the Captain Obvious title in a landslide with your useless one liners

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It could. However, if one of the 3 tackles are still there for Detroit at 5, I doubt they move out of that spot.

Then maybe teams put the decision on the Browns. "How bad do you want a QB?" ... And offer up a bunch for #6 to get the Browns out of the Geno sweepstakes.

Maybe not, but it's possible.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I was thinking the same thing. Although anybody that we don't want picked in front of us is always a good thing.

Legend
Legend
Maybe we're trying to get Philly to actually take Smith, so that a player we like will drop?

God ... who knows at this point?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Unfortunately if it was a deliberately leaked bluff it wouldn't play out like that. The teams would try to trade up with Detroit to get above us. As soon as you offer to trade down with a team looking at the guy you're "supposedly" looking at, the "bluff" becomes a laughable joke.

I'm hoping it's just more talking heads ranting and the new regime/ new quarterback thing.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
D
Legend
Legend
D
If we trade up for an offensive player, or pick an offensive player at 6, I will be a tad bit out of sorts. I would be okay with Eifert, Cooper, Warmack if we trade down into the teens. I don't really want a QB at all in this draft, but definately not in the 1st. I'll probably be disappointed if we don't come out with either Milliner or Rhodes to play CB2 this year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My point is, if it gets out you want Geno, and your pick is up and another team wants Geno. THEY are going to call you.

Yeah, if you call other teams, they're going to not take your bluff to take Geno seriously, but if you stand pat and let your phone ring, you might get some offers.

It's not likely, but it is possible.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Or it could be Philly we are trying to bluff. Maybe get them to pull the trigger on Smith in the first, thinking we are sure to take him at 6, thereby allowing one of the players we are targeting to get past Detroit at 5. Maybe we are trying to ensure that one of the left tackles gets to number six so that we can do a trade back scenario.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As long we're not REALLY considering Geno, I don't care what the reason is

All Pro
All Pro
Man... 6 hours to go...what to do...

Anyone have any ideas for something that could cause you to quickly lose 6 hours of time?

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Things that will have me throwing stuff:

1. Trading up in the first round. For anyone.
2. Going with any QB in the first round (with or without a trade down).

Hmm... that doesn't seem like too much to ask.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
  • Trading up.
  • Taking a TE at 6.
  • Not coming away with a starting-caliber CB and starting-caliber FS.
  • Trading away a 1st or 2nd next season.
  • Drafting Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, Matt Scott, Ryan Nassib, or Landry Jones before the 5th round.
  • Cordarrelle Patterson or Sheldon Richardson at all.
  • Trading away Rubin and/or Taylor.

Anything else I've resigned myself to not take offense to.

S
    Legend
    Legend
    S
    Quote:

Anyone have any ideas for something that could cause you to quickly lose 6 hours of time?

Start playing Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Legend
    Legend
    Quote:

Quote:

Start playing Oblivion or Fallout 3.

lol that'll do it.

Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer
    Quote:

Coma? Alien abduction? Magic Mushrooms?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
    P
    PDR Offline
    Legend
    Legend
    P
    Quote:

It'll be the same sick feeling I got when Polamalu fell in the draft far enough that Pittsburgh could move up to 16 to grab him. But hey, we traded back and got Jeff Faine and Chaun Thompson.

We didn't trade down. That was the year after the playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
    DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Things that will make you lose your mind

Link Copied to Clipboard