Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Mayock thinks he can play FS, versatile (played some LB at ND as well), can play special teams.

Sounds like the entire NFL Network panel likes him.

Last edited by FrostDawg31; 04/27/13 04:03 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Never heard of him...wasn't he a backup...6 career pass break ups...umm

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Everyone on NFL Network loves it. Interesting.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A

Last edited by AkBrownsfan; 04/27/13 04:08 PM.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

They probably could not find anyone willing to give them their 5th round pick in 2014 so the Browns were forced to pick somebody.

My thoughts exactly...

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Little Info...

Quote:

Started 10 games at safety, while appearing in all 13 ... did not start vs. Pittsburgh, USC or Stanford ...tallied 45 tackles, including four for loss ... also had an interception, forced fumble and two pass breakups ... had six games with four or more tackles ... had career game against Air Force, notching six tackles, while forcing a fumble and intercepting a pass ... named FBS Independent Defensive Player of the Week following performance against the Falcons ... notched career high in tackles with eight against USC ... had five tackles, including first-career tackle for loss, in a victory over Navy ... also had four tackles in a win vs. Michigan State and at Stanford ... registered career high in solo tackles (five), tackles for loss (two) and sacks (two) against Florida State in the Champs Sports Bowl.

OMG, I forgot this kid! Peeps...Lombardi may have found the next Rubin. This kid is smart, tough, and huge upside. I hope the Achilles injury heals.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ah so an early round talent who slid due to injury! sweet.

The crew on The NFL Network really like this pick.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1633123

09/16/2012 - Notre Dame's defense had a lot of hits in a dominating win over Michigan State. The Fighting Irish, though, had a setback on that side of the ball during their first victory over a top-10 team since 2005. Starting safety Jamoris Slaughter will miss the rest of the season after tearing his left Achilles tendon in a 20-3 win over the Spartans on Saturday night. The senior started the first three games this year and 19 in his career in which he also played cornerback and linebacker. Sophomore Matthias Farley is expected to start in Slaughter's place when No. 11 Notre Dame (3-0) hosts No. 18 Michigan (2-1) on Saturday night. "You lose a Jamoris Slaughter, you're losing an A player," Irish coach Brian Kelly said Sunday. "Matthias is certainly not at the level yet of a Jamoris Slaughter. He's got to continue to develop, but we have a lot of confidence and trust in him. He'll be getting a lot of work back there." - AP Sports

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Did anyone select that safety we had in for 2 visits...forget his name but I know he was an expected 6th-7th round guy whom Cincy met with too

All Pro
All Pro
http://www.youtube.com/v/wIzEQ1FbJ8M

http://www.youtube.com/v/4foFldOSxYk

Would have prefered Phillip Thomas in the 4th.

C'est la vie

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Pats just got LeGarrette Blount for nothing.

C
Legend
Legend
C
for Jeîc Demps.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Poyer & Rambo still available.

Alvin Bailey too...

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Poyer & Rambo still available.

Alvin Bailey too...

I want one of those 3 guys!

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

Sounds like the entire NFL Network panel likes him.

they like everyone.

here's to you here's to me, browns fans we'll always be. but if by chance we should disagree, to heck with you and here's to me!
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

Pats just got LeGarrette Blount for nothing.

that's about what he's worth...nothing.

here's to you here's to me, browns fans we'll always be. but if by chance we should disagree, to heck with you and here's to me!
C
Legend
Legend
C
That's just not true.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1633123

09/16/2012 - Notre Dame's defense had a lot of hits in a dominating win over Michigan State. The Fighting Irish, though, had a setback on that side of the ball during their first victory over a top-10 team since 2005. Starting safety Jamoris Slaughter will miss the rest of the season after tearing his left Achilles tendon in a 20-3 win over the Spartans on Saturday night. The senior started the first three games this year and 19 in his career in which he also played cornerback and linebacker. Sophomore Matthias Farley is expected to start in Slaughter's place when No. 11 Notre Dame (3-0) hosts No. 18 Michigan (2-1) on Saturday night. "You lose a Jamoris Slaughter, you're losing an A player," Irish coach Brian Kelly said Sunday. "Matthias is certainly not at the level yet of a Jamoris Slaughter. He's got to continue to develop, but we have a lot of confidence and trust in him. He'll be getting a lot of work back there." - AP Sports

at least he didnt play against Alabama...

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

they like everyone.

Kind of your antithesis huh?

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
i do like the fact that we stockpiled picks for 2014...

but this team is going to suffer for it in 2013 and you're kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

this is a 5-11 team if everything goes right this year...and if it goes wrong, we could have the #1 pick next year.

i hope anyone that was crazy enough to buy season tickets for 2013 get's a full refund.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

Quote:

they like everyone.

Kind of your antithesis huh?

haha, yes!

C
Legend
Legend
C
The team is going to suffer because we didn't pick players in the fourth and fifth rounds?

The draft really does bring out the crazies.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
There goes Rambo.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

The team is going to suffer because we didn't pick players in the fourth and fifth rounds?

like i said, i like adding picks in next years draft, i really do.

but this team has soooooo many holes and this draft was our last chance to fill those holes.

by giving away those picks, we're saying that 2013 is a throw-away year. and maybe it is. but that is a darn hard pill to swallow.

another lost year in the history of the cleveland browns...before it even started!

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

and i'm not NEW. i'm one of the castoffs from the cleveland browns board that they shut down.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

but this team has soooooo many holes and this draft was our last chance to fill those holes.

by giving away those picks, we're saying that 2013 is a throw-away year. and maybe it is. but that is a darn hard pill to swallow.

First off...good to hear from you again! Second, if we helped Steelers with a fourth round pick then so be it. Lastly, filling holes from rounds 4-7 is simply a stop gap. Team is full of stop gap it is top to upgrade.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Holes - where? QB - yes, perhaps, but they are better there than last year. Weeden will be better in his second year with an offense that will take advantage of what he does best. That is what Chud does. What other holes? DL - no, OL - no, RB/WR/TE - no, Backers - no, Secondary - not if McFadden pans out. So where are these glaring holes you all refer to that 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks are going to magically solve.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I would say we have holes at QB, G, TE, LB, CB, and S.

But I agree that we're not going to fill them at this point in the draft. Now is when we should be looking for depth, value, and gambles.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Have you seen the list of FAs still available?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

So you were expecting fourth and fifth round picks to start?

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

Holes - where?

if you don't think this team (that went 5-11) has holes, i'm not sure what to tell you...

C
Legend
Legend
C
If you think a 4th and a 5th round pick were good bets to fill those holes I don't know what to tell you. . .

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

Quote:

So you were expecting fourth and fifth round picks to start?

man, i get it. we added picks for next year. and that is great! for next year...

and i don't think it's a stretch for GOOD FRONT OFFICES to find starters in rounds 4 and 5. rubin (6th round), winn (6th round), cameron (4th round) and pinkston (5th round).

if those picks don't matter, why take picks at all after round 3. turn them all in, we don't need them.

like i said in an earlier post, it's a hard pill to swallow... this is a bad football team who needs all the talent it can find, regardless of the round it comes from.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

If you think a 4th and a 5th round pick were good bets to fill those holes I don't know what to tell you. . .

i just called rubin and winn and told them we didn't need their help any more because they didn't get picked in the first three rounds.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think good players can be found in rounds four and five.

But doing this. . . because we have "holes to fill" and traded fourth and five round picks is hilarious. What player is a fourth or fifth round pick starting over?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

i just called rubin and winn and told them we didn't need their help any more because they didn't get picked in the first three rounds.

His point isn't that you can't find good players in the later rounds.

He's saying that 4th and 5th round picks are not good bets to fill major holes. And he's correct.

This is a weak draft. We clearly didn't have any names that stuck out to us, value-wise, so we traded for future returns.

We weren't going to be a winning football team this year. If that comes as a surprise to you, that's on you, not the front office. Using a weak draft to stock up for the future is a prudent plan.

What they do with those picks next year remains to be seen.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Quote:

But doing this. . . because we have "holes to fill" and traded fourth and five round picks is hilarious. What player is a fourth or fifth round pick starting over?

i'm not doing this ----->

i'm doing this ------->

because i'm discouraged... the draft is supposed to give fans hope! but i'm coming away from this draft with the hard reality that we have no interest in winning this year. this will be purely a developmental year and there is a chance that haslam loses the team and then 2014 will be a developmental year too for the NEXT REGIME.

i'm just a battered and beaten down browns fan with little hope for 2013. that's all...

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Looks they are looking at this season as a tryout season, then make the bigger moves next season. Still think it was dumb to go to 3-4. whatever, just sets us back 3 years. Whats another 3 year rebuild? a tradition for this team.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

i'm not doing this ----->

i'm doing this ------->

because i'm discouraged... the draft is supposed to give fans hope! but i'm coming away from this draft with the hard reality that we have no interest in winning this year. this will be purely a developmental year and there is a chance that haslam loses the team and then 2014 will be a developmental year too for the NEXT REGIME.

i'm just a battered and beaten down browns fan with little hope for 2013. that's all...

Completely agree and understand I feel the same

Legend
Legend
Hate ESPN coverage. Tell us about us. Dumb.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Official Day 3 Discussion Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard