Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Legend
Legend
T
#164 was previously given away in the trade for DaVonne Bess

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Are you sure on that 5th rounder? Not showing on the ticker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Are you sure on that 5th rounder? Not showing on the ticker.

I was going by ESPN.....so naturally that is likely wrong.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Quote:

So what picks do we have left for this draft?

Rd 5 - #31(164)
Rd 6 - #7(175)
Rd 7 - #11(217)
Rd 7 - #21(227)

We do NOT have the #164 pick, part of the Bess trade, went to pick #217.

So we have 175, 217, 227.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
Maybe Lombardi and banner just don't feel good about spytek and company's evaluationssince they spent the majority of the year evaluating for different systems on offense and defense.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I'm on record as to liking the moves of trading out...if you think there is a bunch of 5th/6th round grade talent and you are in the 4th, then trade out or down....no issues. This was a weak ass draft so we'll see

In terms of "giving up" on season or not being able to field a team....um, I think this is the typical disilluionment of people on this board that think that 4th and 5th round pick are going to turn into solid starters and fill all the holes we had.

Browns are at best an 8-8 team with or without these picks....sorry to burst your bubble

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Rookie
Rookie
Reading this board is the most fun I've had this year!!!!

This team IS better than last year. We will have more wins and MAY (means: maybe,perhaps) compete for a wild-card spot.

If they don't see a player who WILL help us right now, why not trade for a future, higher pick?

A lot of posters on this board have voiced the opinion we won't be a good team this year, yet some of you are ready to jump off bridges and are calling for the FOs heads!!!!!!

Amazing.

Very entertaining.

I can't wait to see what this board will be like when the Browns lose this coming season!!!!

THAT'S IT!!!!
The official Browns site was shut down so we would come on here and replace all the 'fans' who expired after last season!

I'm hiding in Honduras, I'm a desperate man.
Send lawyers guns and money!

Warren Zevon
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The best run organization in the NFL, the Patriots, have built their team on this philosophy.

Patriots do it, they're geniuses. We do it, we're idiots?

IDK.

The difference is, the Patriots are consistently in the hunt for a Super Bowl. Their roster IS pretty much set. On the other hand we are a five win team. We NEED all the help we can get right NOW. Not next year. Unless they don't care about winning games THIS year? The way it looks is, they are happy with our present roster. So I expect a playoff run next year with our team being so talented we just can't find room for another young player.... September is coming quick...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I wonder how many free agent vets we sign later today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

Why would we sign anyone? Our roster is perfect as is. We don't need anyone else.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

j/c

Well training camp limits are set at 90, with our two draft picks, and Bess we have 67 players currently. So with 3 picks left, if we make them, we would be signing 20. For every pick we don't make, add 1.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

Time to focus getting a pro bowl kicker.

Kudos, bugs! I was just thinking the exact same thing (and perhaps wondering why we didn't take one much earlieer)...

There is time...building for the future. Draft day just ended as Browns Super Bowl. Just think how many Browns fans sat here for three F'n days hoping for a miracle, while Steeler and Raven fans are out at the horse tracks making money!!!!!

Don't forget Kentucky Derby next Saturday!!!!

Legend
Legend
Well, we still don't have a free safety. I really don't know what it is some of you guys see in Gipson.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Maybe Lombardi and banner just don't feel good about spytek and company's evaluationssince they spent the majority of the year evaluating for different systems on offense and defense.

I think it is obviously a lack of consensus on players so we are waiting until next year.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
And the guy most of you wanted, Rambo, is STILL there.

If he's there in the 6th, when everyone was calling for him in the 4th, that'll be wild.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

The best run organization in the NFL, the Patriots, have built their team on this philosophy.

Patriots do it, they're geniuses. We do it, we're idiots?

IDK.

The patriots comparisons are misguided in my opinion. They are always picking late and trade for futures with mediocre to bad teams. They turned a late third into pick 33 in a trade with Carolina(?) We turned an early 5 into a likely future late 4. Great. How savvy.

The New England Patriots were not always the powerhouse that they are. In 2000 which was Bill Belichick's first year, they went 5-11. In the 2001 draft, they traded their 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder,their 4th rounder, their fifth rounder, 6th rounder, and their 7th rounder. Though, they did trade up a few times, but also used picks they received from the other trades. In 2001, they went on to go 11-5 and won the Super Bowl.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
T
Legend
Legend
T
If you like these moves so much, tell me a team that did worse than the Browns in this draft?

D
Legend
Legend
D
What are your thoughts on Kerry Rhodes? I also wonder if Charles Woodson has another year in the tank ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And the guy most of you wanted, Rambo, is STILL there.

If he's there in the 6th, when everyone was calling for him in the 4th, that'll be wild.

Would they call Banner and Lombo geniuses then?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If we draft Kasa with our next pick I'll probably pull a Nuk on my living room. I'd rather they draft a kicker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eric Hagg is our starting free safety.

Haden, Skrine, Hagg and Ward.

Legend
Legend
I don't know, it would be a decent salvage. I've been pretty lukewarm on Rambo.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

If you like these moves so much, tell me a team that did worse than the Browns in this draft?

If your view is solely on this year then yes, you would probably rank this draft as a C- or D (F if you don't like the players)....if you look at it over 2-3 years maybe it becomes a B. I personally think the talent in this draft stunk....when people say "depth" I'm not sure that saying a 3rd round pick is as good as a 6th means the 6th round guys are that good or the 3rd round guys are that bad...i tend to think bad especially where the Browns had holes (G, CB, TE)

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugh, I quit yard work and showered to watch us pick about 1230....

And sat here after the trade to see what we did in the 5th....

Now I sit waiting for our pick in the 6th....

I sure the hell hope we make a pick today. I realize it's a passing league. I hope Lombardi is smart enough to know 'passing' doesn't equate to passing up draft picks.

Now I gotta go out and finish later and take another shower...

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I sure the hell hope we make a pick today. I realize it's a passing league. I hope Lombardi is smart enough to know 'passing' doesn't equate to passing up draft picks.

I think we have a pick coming in the 5th.. 31 at least ESPN says we do.

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm watching NFLN....Next they have up for us is in the 6th.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

ESPN's site has been way off all day. I switched over to the NFL awhile ago.

D
Legend
Legend
D
At least you got some yard work done. I'm still sitting here looking at humps of calf-high grass in my back yard waiting for us to take nobody I ever heard of. That seems a bit dysfunctional I guess, but there you have it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ESPN's site has been way off all day. I switched over to the NFL awhile ago.

eh.. I have too many tabs open as is.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Ultimately, I've stopped caring about draft picks and stopped caring about how the organization is going. I'll continue to watch my team play and cheer them on. Hope that they do well and put something entertaining on the field. However, only time will tell if these current decisions will make any impact. So honestly, it's ridiculous to react to them now when it doesn't matter yet.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I'm still sitting here looking at humps of calf-high grass in my back yard waiting for us to take nobody I ever heard of. That seems a bit dysfunctional I guess, but there you have it.

That last sentence could be our team motto.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

At least you got some yard work done. I'm still sitting here looking at humps of calf-high grass in my back yard waiting for us to take nobody I ever heard of. That seems a bit dysfunctional I guess, but there you have it.

Actually i think ESPN is right. I think we got this from San Fran for Colt here.

edit: ESPN was wrong.. Dolphins got that pick.. lol forgot about that.

Last edited by ~TuX~; 04/27/13 03:18 PM.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
jc

I dont know why people are so upset about this draft. I never get overly excited about 4th and 5th round selections.

The Browns traded a 4th for a 3rd next year, sounds like a pretty good move to me. Look at the players that went in the 3rd compared to the players that went in the 4th. The Browns got the better on this trade.

The Browns traded a 5th for a proven WR Bess, Bess is going to covert some 3rd downs for the Browns, he is going to make Gordon and Little better.

The Browns take away a 3rd rounder from a division rival, so next year when the draft comes up, Steeler fans are going to be bitch1ng about giving a 3rd to the Browns. The Browns will be picking twice in the 3rd and the Steelers are not a team that is going to be picking last next year.

I look at this years draft like this:

1. Mingo
2. Gordon
3. McFadden
4. 3RD next year
5. Bess

Looks like good value to me!!

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
J/C

I think there are plenty of good S's left:

Bacarri Rambo Georgia
Jakar Hamilton South Carolina St
Zeke Motta Notre Dame
Rontez Miles California (PA)
Robert Lester Alabama
Daimion Stafford Nebraska
Jamoris Slaught Notre Dame
Joshua Evans Florida
Bradley McDougald Kansas
Jawanza Starling USC
Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
Keelan Johnson Arizona St.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, the ESPN draft tracker has been slow and wrong all day. But NFL.com gags my computer for some reason, so I'm listening to the radio and getting updates here.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Actually i think ESPN is right. I think we got this from San Fran for Colt here.

edit: ESPN was wrong.. Dolphins got that pick.. lol forgot about that.

According to NFL.com it's Miami's pick from SF through Cleveland.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

jc

I dont know why people are so upset about this draft. I never get overly excited about 4th and 5th round selections.

I think people are still mad at the Mingo pick while Milliner was still on the board. It's silly.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
jc

Brandon Jenkins is the the best player from FSU this year, and Washington just got a steal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Lol, been doing couple hours worth last 3 days. I have a little section that needs edged, then it needs cut again. Otherwise, all edged, weeded, trimmed, sprayed and set.

But it's supposed to rain tomorrow, and I still need to hit up the grocery store. So may be running up and down the yard at 730 tonight trying to fit it in. I ain't leaving until we make SOME pick today.

Legend
Legend
Been on NFLN all weekend. Todd McShay makes my skin crawl.

My wife always points out all the thinly-veiled homoerotic stuff Mayock says. He just let loose this gem:

"If you're forced to spend 5 minutes with me... Trust me, it's a pain in the butt."

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Official Day 3 Discussion Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard