Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
No way it sets us back 3 years. We have the players right now.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Hate ESPN coverage. Tell us about us. Dumb.

I agree. I switched to NFL Network long ago.

Legend
Legend
Personally, I love that we now have 2 third rounders and 2 fourth rounders next year.

People are so worried that we might have to replace Weeden next year if he doesn't work out, well, we just added some additional ammunition if we need to move up to do so in next year's draft. I think that it's obvious that out guys weren't crazy about the middle of this draft, and probably see a lot of UDFA who they have ranked close to 4th - 7th rounders. (not significant enough separation)

I do like trading a 4th for a 3rd, and a 5th for a 4th. That's good value to me.

As far as that Safety the Steelers picked ..... I thought that I heard something about major concussion concerns with him. Is that correct?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Bailey, Poyer, Bray, Stoneburner, Scott would do at this point but I'm sure it'll turn out to be someone we've never heard of

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
TE is a glaring hole!!! You really think we are solid there? .I feel there was a chance to get one.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

TE is a glaring hole!!! You really think we are solid there? .I feel there was a chance to get one.

I'd be happy with Stoneburner. Would you?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yup. Let's pick up Stoneburner here. It should be such an obvious pick that no one can screw up. It should be a no brainer.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think Stoneburner will grow into an excellent pro, Quickly ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Rookie
Rookie
J./c...

Damn, I wanted Bohanon.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Whoa. It's not Stoneburner!

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
Armonty Bryant???? DE??? E. Central Oklahoma???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Whoo! Love it!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Mayock loves this pick, too.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I'd imagine we'll probably be able to try for Stoneburner as a UDFA. I'm actually hoping for Bailey or Bray next pick

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Mayock loves this pick, too.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Any decent punters or fullbacks left?

P
Legend
Legend
P
TE OG !!!!!!

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I'm intrigued by this guy, posted some big stats but obviously it was against bad competition, good size, I imagine he'll be a pretty big project (but what 7th rounder isn't) but I trust Horton.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Exactly HOW MANY DEs and LBs constitute an ARMY of DEs and LBs? Gee, do we have OTHER needs?

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I have to say that I have always believed that the Browns had/have the best fans in the world. Living many years in Louisiana and having to listen to a bunch of hypocrites or also known as bagheads was very interesting, but watching, reading, or listening to some of the fans on here, I really have to question the intelligence of some here.

We all hopefully want the Browns to do well and to win. Chud actually reminds myself of me growing up. I wanted/planned on playing for the Browns and even did a school paper laying out my path, then after that did not work out I moved onto wanting to be a scout for the Browns. I was well on my way and had some very good contacts to get my foot in the door. I put together my own draft publication in 1991 and it was a huge success locally, then when Robert Ryan was at the University of Tennessee State he called me at home and we spoke about what my dreams/goals were. He put me in contact with personnel in the Browns organization, Blesto, National, Mel Kiper (I know what some of you might say, but a contact is a contact), and a few others. I had a huge choice to make thou as what I found out was not good news talking with Robert. I always worried that the time needed/required was not very family friendly and Robert confirmed it. He told me that you basically get 2 weeks off after the draft and you might get a total of 4 weeks to spend with your family the entire year combined. This was also confirmed thru some of the other contacts. Needless to say, I am not a scout, but have followed the draft and done my own drafting for the Browns since 1982.

Anyhow, I for one don't agree with Lombardi and was very upset with his return, but we don't make the FO decisions and we must choose to either accept them and root for our great Browns or we can complain and second guess and some of us show our ignorance. It is just very frustrating having to read thru so much trash on here and I can imagine that for some it is really rather discouraging and/or unpleasant.

I would like to challenge everyone to show what great fans we are thru our intelligence and knowledge of football as well as our Browns. Let's set the standard for class and knowing what we are talking about.

Thanks and GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Kid sold some pot to a cop and put up monster numbers when he was allowed to play. Gotta youtube him, i'll report back.

GO BROWNS!! 10-6 This year

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I have to say that I have always believed that the Browns had/have the best fans in the world. Living many years in Louisiana and having to listen to a bunch of hypocrites or also known as bagheads was very interesting, but watching, reading, or listening to some of the fans on here, I really have to question the intelligence of some here.

We all hopefully want the Browns to do well and to win. Chud actually reminds myself of me growing up. I wanted/planned on playing for the Browns and even did a school paper laying out my path, then after that did not work out I moved onto wanting to be a scout for the Browns. I was well on my way and had some very good contacts to get my foot in the door. I put together my own draft publication in 1991 and it was a huge success locally, then when Robert Ryan was at the University of Tennessee State he called me at home and we spoke about what my dreams/goals were. He put me in contact with personnel in the Browns organization, Blesto, National, Mel Kiper (I know what some of you might say, but a contact is a contact), and a few others. I had a huge choice to make thou as what I found out was not good news talking with Robert. I always worried that the time needed/required was not very family friendly and Robert confirmed it. He told me that you basically get 2 weeks off after the draft and you might get a total of 4 weeks to spend with your family the entire year combined. This was also confirmed thru some of the other contacts. Needless to say, I am not a scout, but have followed the draft and done my own drafting for the Browns since 1982.

Anyhow, I for one don't agree with Lombardi and was very upset with his return, but we don't make the FO decisions and we must choose to either accept them and root for our great Browns or we can complain and second guess and some of us show our ignorance. It is just very frustrating having to read thru so much trash on here and I can imagine that for some it is really rather discouraging and/or unpleasant.

I would like to challenge everyone to show what great fans we are thru our intelligence and knowledge of football as well as our Browns. Let's set the standard for class and knowing what we are talking about.

+1

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Interesting. Guard Garret Gilkey from Chadron State, in Nebraska.

-Charles Bukowski
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
good call

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Projected 6th, former tackle transitioning to guard. Now I'm interested to see who gets skipped the rest of the way. Hoping Haslem can use those UT ties for Bray and Rodgers if they slip

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Wing from LSU is still there and we could use a punter.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Lets also not forget about:

QB Zac Dysert
WR Roy Roundtree (I believe we have enough WR's thou)
OT Reid Fragel
OG Alvin Bailey
DT Kwame Geathers
LB Chase Thomas
FS Tony Jefferson
DB Melvin White

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Well there goes Zac...He now gets to learn from Peyton.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Mr. Irrelevant time...

Legend
Legend
I hope we're on the phone with Reddick, Reed and Bray!

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Would love to see Tyler Bray from Tennessee as a project, love his size and his numbers aren't bad.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

+1

Ok, here we go, I am going to bat for Lombardi. I was surprised as well as all of you with the Lombardi hire. We all have that warm and fuzzy feeling for Kosar, Lombardi was a huge part of his departure.

That said.............it is 2013............ Lombardi isn"t here to make our team worse. Get past the old feelings you have and move forward.

I feel the team is in good hands with Banner and Lombardi......... I am stoked about Chud coaching, Norv Turner as OC and Ray Horton as DC. I love our moves in the offseason and the draft.

I am excited, we are gonna rock

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Official Day 3 Discussion Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard