Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
Legend
V
Both those guys put up career highs when Horton was the coordinator.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

True, but do we have "those" players on the Browns? Answer is NO.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hehe, that funny.... makes ya wonder just what the heck he's complaining about, then.

Maybe he's just a Big Money clone... always running at the mouth.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I am confused. Which two guys?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Calias did, but that's because he is so young. 3 years then Horton, with his last year without Horton he put up around the same stats. Darnell, however, didn't as he had some great years before Horton.

Legend
Legend
Dockett had 2 great years, and a bunch of average ones. (Yes, even before Horton arrived)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Yeah well our DL, (outside of Desmond Bryant) does not really get after the quarterback. Phil, Rubin, Hughes, to a lesser extent Winn, are all big guys that do exactly what Horton's scheme will ask for and that's take on blockers. I'm not too worried that the Darnell Docket's of the world didn't like his scheme; I think it suits our personnel in the front seven to a T. With Taylor back at full strength from the torn pecs last year, Rubin, Bryant (who's rated among one of the best two-way D-lineman in the league) our linebackers will roam free.

This D really has a chance to play with some swag. I just hope we get a camp casualty at free safety. Somebody had mentioned Kerry Rhodes, yeah I'd be cool with that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Dockett one on one against a tackle is a matchup nightmare. I can see where playing a 3-4 and just throwing yourself into the guard-tackle gap to eat up blocks might get frustrating cause you'll rarely get to the Quarterback that way.

I'm really excited to see our new defense play. Rubin and Taylor both did a good job last year getting inside pressure, now we have some legit edge rushers to help them out. It should be fun to watch that's for sure.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c

Most has been said.

1. mentally envisioning our new D I saw gap attacks with exception to possibly the NT taking on the blockers. Not sure what role Dockett played I just know he underachieved.

2. Why I wanted Rubin to be the NT n Hughes thinking Taylor was not going to be discipline enough to take on blockers as opposed to shooting a gap??? We'll see.

3. Players on a team always state they are excited about the NEW Defense - Even our own regarding our new D. Its all about them Believing in the NEW D as the season wears on. Also lets face it Football is not that Fun if you are LOSING. If you are winning Everyone is into it

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

j/c

Most has been said.

1. mentally envisioning our new D I saw gap attacks with exception to possibly the NT taking on the blockers. Not sure what role Dockett played I just know he underachieved.

2. Why I wanted Rubin to be the NT n Hughes thinking Taylor was not going to be discipline enough to take on blockers as opposed to shooting a gap??? We'll see.

3. Players on a team always state they are excited about the NEW Defense - Even our own regarding our new D. Its all about them Believing in the NEW D as the season wears on. Also lets face it Football is not that Fun if you are LOSING. If you are winning Everyone is into it

JMHO

I like your third point you made. Being negative can break up or for a better word, split a locker room. The Browns do not need this will all the changes taking place with D scheme and personnel changes. The organization needs positive attitudes not negative ones. Let us hope Dockett changes his tune because if he does it can benifit the tems success now and in the long run.

Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Most has been said.

JMHO

I like your third point you made. Being negative can break up or for a better word, split a locker room. The Browns do not need this will all the changes taking place with D scheme and personnel changes. The organization needs positive attitudes not negative ones. Let us hope Dockett changes his tune because if he does it can benifit the tems success now and in the long run.

Wait, Im confused!!!

Is Dockett on the Browns now or is he still in Arizona????

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Dockett is not a Brown.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Ok if true why would this even be a debate. I am reading off you folks, nothing more nothing less. I don't have time to research everything, but since I thought this place dealt with facts I assumed he was. I'll move on I guess and find a place without dealing with meaningless topics. Thank you for the insight but I am sure I can find a place which deals with facts.

Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Dockett is not a Brown.

So why did Annialator say this?...

Let us hope Dockett changes his tune because if he does it can benifit the tems success now and in the long run.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Ok if true why would this even be a debate. I am reading off you folks, nothing more nothing less. I don't have time to research everything, but since I thought this place dealt with facts I assumed he was. I'll move on I guess and find a place without dealing with meaningless topics. Thank you for the insight but I am sure I can find a place which deals with facts.

no worries, you misunderstood, but you might want to read the first post in a thread before commenting. it was clear there that Dockett was excited for the new DC and he noted how he didn't like having to "take one for the team" under Horton (in that the 3-4 requires DE's to be double teamed more often, at least that is what I think he was trying to say)

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Hey, I've been on this board for a long time. A long time (with a couple of bans, by the way). This board will go on long after me if choose to leave. In fact, I would guess not more than 1 or 2 would be sad if I left, if even that many. (a lot more might be happy if I left.......I don't know)

In other words, if you're leaving, don't let the door hit you in the butt. If you're not leaving, congrats.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I don't want to leave but at the same time do not want to upset others. It is what it is, thank you for accepting me!

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

The fact is that Darnell Dockett is not a Brown.

It doesn't take a lot of research to figure this out. It was actually stated in the article.

And at no point did anyone claim that Dockett was a Brown, nor did anyone treat you harshly in pointing out that he wasn't.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Its bizarre-o world. I thought that yesterday, and now I'm convinced.

Annilhator, where are you from?

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I'm from the USA. I hope I cleared that up. I made a mistake and admit it, that is on me, sorry I confused some of you.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

To me, this is a telling quote:

Quote:

"Darnell and myself, I feel like we have the ability to make a lot of different plays, but sometimes in the 3-4 you have to put the team in front of yourself. This defense, the way we are doing things, it gives us a chance to make a difference," Campbell said.

Sometimes?

This is what stuck out to me too.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Rookie
Rookie
OMG Purple. Your sig cracks me up. That was from Less Nesman WKRP in Cincinatti?

Here we go again
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

Hey, I've been on this board for a long time. A long time (with a couple of bans, by the way). This board will go on long after me if choose to leave. In fact, I would guess not more than 1 or 2 would be sad if I left, if even that many. (a lot more might be happy if I left.......I don't know)

In other words, if you're leaving, don't let the door hit you in the butt. If you're not leaving, congrats.

So your basically stating you want me to leave. Guess what you do not or never will control me, I'll post when I want to don't come across as a jerk, you are nothing but a fan, as am I but do not try to tell me what to do, because I can ]ind screw you just like your trying to do to me. Check yourself, and quit the punk attitude, since it means nothing to me Brother Like I care about your past history, Bah, you did that to yourself, and frankly I don' care my friend. Get help it sounds as if you need it my friend.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
sorry

.............but this is a ham sandwich thread suddenly

Legend
Legend
We almost need a "reference" for the newer posters so they understand things like ham sandwiches and such.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Or make the rules a tad be clearer. I read them, and did think I was doing right, obviously I am wrong I guess,. sorry folks my bad.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
J/C

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

So your basically stating you want me to leave. Guess what you do not or never will control me, I'll post when I want to don't come across as a jerk, you are nothing but a fan, as am I but do not try to tell me what to do, because I can mind screw you just like your trying to do to me. Check yourself, and quit the punk attitude, since it means nothing to me Brother Like I care about your past history, Bah, you did that to yourself, and frankly I don' care my friend. Get help it sounds as if you need it my friend.

Hey, what's with the drama? You sat there and asked us
if you should leave....and that if so it would be no sweat off your back or something to that affect. Now your whining because you perceived Arch's post as saying that?

Actually he's not saying that at all....it sounds to me like he's fine whether you stay or not (as are the rest of us). Arch has been here since the board's inception and has developed a lot of close relationships here. He doesn't expect tears to be shed if he leaves here, and neither should you.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

... what's with the drama?

Annihilator has apologized and that should be the end of the story. As far as being indifferent to him leaving: All posters are a treasured resource (whatever side of the fence you're on) and should be treated as such...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

So your basically stating you want me to leave. Guess what you do not or never will control me, I'll post when I want to don't come across as a jerk, you are nothing but a fan, as am I but do not try to tell me what to do, because I can mind screw you just like your trying to do to me. Check yourself, and quit the punk attitude, since it means nothing to me Brother Like I care about your past history, Bah, you did that to yourself, and frankly I don' care my friend. Get help it sounds as if you need it my friend.

Were you just combing through threads offering to leave, waiting for someone to take the bait so you could stand on a high horse and declare that you weren't?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

OMG Purple. Your sig cracks me up. That was from Less Nesman WKRP in Cincinatti?

Well, it was actually the station manager that said that line, but yes, it is from WKRP and the episode where Less is in the field reporting on the "Turkey Drop" :-)

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Legend
Legend
N

if this was during the season, then it'd be awfully annoying. but, in the dead of the offseason, it's highly entertaining.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Classic.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
E
Legend
Legend
E

A show not often remembered. I guess it wasn't the Station Mgr. Purple...that would be the Normal guy...it was the Station Owner who said it. So funny n a great memory of yours.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
"Mr Carlson had the helicopter land in the parking lot. He let the rest of the turkeys loose. I guess he thought he could save the day. It gets a little strange after that."

F
Legend
Legend
F
Ahh yeah, I so had a thing for Bailey.. Loni Anderson never did it for me.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Loni Anderson never did it for me.

I think there's a Jason Collins thread if you need to get anything else off your chest.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Loni Anderson never did it for me.

I think there's a Jason Collins thread if you need to get anything else off your chest.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

So your basically stating you want me to leave.

Nope.
Quote:

Guess what you do not or never will control me

I have no desire in controlling you.
Quote:

I'll post when I want to

as will I. Odd how that works, isn't it?

don't come across as a jerk

I didn't.
Quote:

you are nothing but a fan, as am I but do not try.to tell me what to do, because I can mind screw you just like your trying to do to me.

I wasn't trying to mind screw you. And I guarantee, you'll never be able to mind screw me.
Quote:

Check yourself, and quit the punk attitude, since it means nothing to me Brother

Interesting choice of words.
Quote:

Like I care about your past history, Bah, you did that to yourself, and frankly I don' care my friend. Get help it sounds as if you need it my friend.

Again, interesting choice of words in your last 2 sentences. For you to glean all of that out of my post, I wonder if you forgot your meds today.

Read Jfan's reply to you. It kinda nice and neatly sums up what I was saying.

If you stick around, great. If you don't, as many people will care about it as if I didn't stick around.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Darnell Dockett "hated" Horton's scheme

Link Copied to Clipboard