Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
What a game of runs! Parker just showed up out of nowhere to be the man...

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And LOL at LeBron. I'm sorry. But they were just BEGGING him to shoot the three and he just had no trust in his jumper.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Did Lechoke just make an apperance?

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Wow! You change the channel for a second and come back and the Spurs are up! Now starts the 'foul the guy and hope he misses strategy'!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
I hate Ray Allen so damn much

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Pops outsmarted himself. Duncan needed to stay on the floor.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Going to OT.

I have no idea why the Spurs took Duncan out on defense on the last 2 Heat possessions.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
So much for Pop being this great coach.

They've got championship number 5 if he left Duncan in.

Incredibly idiotic.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Going to OT.

I have no idea why the Spurs took Duncan out on defense on the last 2 Heat possessions.

If they don't pull this off I'm sure he's going to be scratching his head on that one till game time Thursday night.

my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah i just said that to friends..Pops and leonard handed this game to heat...no excuses

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Vogel did the same thing with Hibbert. Decisions like that can cost you a series. Pops is the GOAT, but I wish he would have just stuck with what worked.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

Vogel did the same thing with Hibbert. Decisions like that can cost you a series. Pops is the GOAT, but I wish he would have just stuck with what worked.

Kinda makes ya think of a guy named MARTY doesn't it?

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Can't call Pop the GOAT after that.

They have not been able to rebound without Duncan all series.

They are already celebrating if he had left Duncan in.

Absolutely mind blowing decision.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I really hope security didn't let all those Heat fans back into the arena.

R
Legend
Legend
R
And he did it twice!

Legend
Legend
Being tired + pressure can completly devestate a team. Everything becomes too mechanical in your thinking and that's when the fundamentals fall apart. Spurs keep fighting though.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Manu is a shell of his former self.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
His shooting's got all the coverage, but Green's defense- especially on that break away- have been just as impressive.

Still don't see the utility in Ginobli on the floor...

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
R
Legend
Legend
R
Wow Pop cost them the championship.

No way the Spurs win game 7.

Wow. I'm just blown away by the turn of events.

Legend
Legend
Lol nice missed foul. I'm getting sick of the "let them play" in late game situations

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Lol nice missed foul. I'm getting sick of the "let them play" in late game situations

+1. That was a rediculous non-call

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I would play manu the first half of game 7, if he's played like he has...he don't see the floor the second half

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
Bosh and LeBron are the softest players I've ever seen.

Love Bosh throwing the ball like they just won the series.

Legend
Legend
I am sick and tired of the Heat getting calls though. That non call at the end of the game that led to a foul against the Spurs was ridiculous.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Lot of bad calls went both ways.

The Spurs lost because their supposed best coach in the NBA got abused by that tool Spoestra.

If I was a Spurs fan I would be livid.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

+1. That was a rediculous non-call

I'm just tired of this street all crap that has infested a league I used to love. A foul is a foul no matter when it's called. It doesn't matter whether its the NBA or a pee-wee league. It's a foul, so it should be called.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Lot of bad calls went both ways.

The Spurs lost because their supposed best coach in the NBA got abused by that tool Spoestra.

If I was a Spurs fan I would be livid.

Why do guys stop doing what works? Why did pop stop zoning Lebron, why did he let them switch Parker on him on pick n rolls and why Duncan was out the game for those last two defensive trips. All the sudden pop couldn't coach out of a paper bag.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Danny Green has been incredible, but this championship pressure is getting to him.

No doubt, it's the "pressure" of game 6, not the other finals games. Just THIS ONE. There just isn't another answer

/sarcasm

Come on man, making excuses for one game? WEAK lolfail at you trying to get into his head and explain his psyche. Just SMH

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

must share this video. I literally laughed out loud at work

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Such diehard heat fans as the game winds down in the 4th...

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is interesting .......

Maybe the Cavaliers can trade 2 non guaranteed second round picks to the Mavs for the 13th pick. The Mavs don't want to add any salary, so them asking for a player would be out of the question. Such a trade would serve both teams needs well.

The Cavaliers then might be able to either trade the 13 and 19 for a higher pick, use both picks, or trade away 19 for a future asset.

Could be worth watching.

Report: Mavericks will absolutely not keep their draft pick - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on...heir-draft-pick

The Dallas Morning News reports that the Mavericks, in an effort to keep the absolute maximum amount of cap space they can by avoiding a rookie-scale contract, will "100 percent" move their No. 13 draft pick:

One source put the chances of the Mavericks having the 13th overall draft pick on their opening-day roster next season at 0 percent.

There is an 80-percent chance that the pick is traded before or, more likely, during the draft, the source said. There is at least a 15-percent chance that the pick is a foreign player who is under contract and can be left overseas for a year and not count against the Mavericks' salary cap.

via Source: Dallas Mavericks virtually certain to trade draft pick to free up money for Dwight Howard | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW.

This makes sense on multiple levels. The Mavericks have absolutely no interest in a rebuilding plan. They want to get a top free agent to pair with Dirk Nowitzki and remain immediately relevant in the title chase. They need all the money they can get to do so, and the rookie scale will only slow them down.

There's also the fact that this draft is considered to be so poor that the better value is to move the pick. Even with the talent level evening out pretty consistently after pick nine or so, the value just isn't there to make it worth it, considering the player is likely to be a role player.
The only question will be if the team can find a buyer and how much of a dump off it will be.

Legend
Legend
why are the cavs tagged in that CBS article? I can't see a link to them.

Legend
Legend
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/clevela...amp;feedID=3725

• The Dallas Mavericks are intensely shopping the No. 13 overall pick, with hopes of moving out of the lottery and obtaining assets of their own.

• One such proposal, according to sources, involved the Mavs offering the 13th pick and veteran forward Shawn Marion to the Cavs for the Cavs’ two second-round selections (Nos. 31 and 33) and a 2014 pick. The Cavs passed on the offer.

• Nonetheless, sources have said the Cavs are more-than-willing trade partners, and outside of star point guard Kyrie Irving, consider no one on the roster untouchable.

Legend
Legend
Hell I'd give them Sacramento's 1st that I doubt we'll ever actually get...

I dunno why we wouldn't do that trade...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wow Pop cost them the championship.

No way the Spurs win game 7.

Wow. I'm just blown away by the turn of events.

Maybe so, but there's no guarantee the same play doesn't happen if Duncan is in the game. Heck, maybe the Heat pull off a 4pt play with Duncan in there.

I don't really care either way. While I'd rather see the Spurs win, it's not like I'm going to be happy seeing the Spurs win again. I don't like them for beating the Cavs in the Finals and seeing them win is like seeing the Yanks win another WS.

We should be happy, there's nothing better than a Game 7. I'll be watching and then turning the channel as soon as it's over to skip the ceremony.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Probably because Marion is on the books for $9 million next season as well is this upcoming season. The way things are set up now, we could go after two max level guys in the next two years.

Legend
Legend
you sure? Spotrac says 2013-2014 season is last on the books.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/yearly/

N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
Quote:

probably because Dallas wanted that 2014 pick to lack protection. cannot risk Andy/Kyrie getting hurt and that being another high pick in a very good draft.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/clevela...amp;feedID=3725

• The Dallas Mavericks are intensely shopping the No. 13 overall pick, with hopes of moving out of the lottery and obtaining assets of their own.

• One such proposal, according to sources, involved the Mavs offering the 13th pick and veteran forward Shawn Marion to the Cavs for the Cavs’ two second-round selections (Nos. 31 and 33) and a 2014 pick. The Cavs passed on the offer.

• Nonetheless, sources have said the Cavs are more-than-willing trade partners, and outside of star point guard Kyrie Irving, consider no one on the roster untouchable.

I would do that trade, as long as the 2014 pick is a 2nd rounder, and as long as Marion's contract expires after this coming season.

Even in a weak draft, having 1, 13, and 19 would be pretty nice, and would give us serious flexibility.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not to sound like a broken record but no matter the team, I think the Cavs make a trade. I just don't see them making 4 selections to add to the roster. That is unless they select a couple guys who opt to continue to play overseas but we still have rights to. But so far, Grant hasn't gone that route. In fact, he opted not to draft someone a couple of years ago for that very reason- he was most likely going to remain in Europe (can't remember the name). Now, that was a #4 section and not a mid first rounder or 2nd rounder, but still, I see the team wheelin' and dealin' similar to the trade they did for Zeller last year.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs, NBA Playoffs, and the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard