M
Yes, that's it. Thank you.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I still think it is Noel, Porter, or trade. It's just hard to see anything else. I did percentages before but I'm going to shy away from that because of all of the negative reports on Noel's knee and not knowing whether those are smokescreens or legit. Either way, it's just one of those drafts that nobody really seems to know what is going to happen at the top. I wouldn't be shocked with anything at this point.

Regarding Noel....

From the reports I've read, the highest concern of teams isn't his injury. In fact, many expect that part of the body to come back somewhat better/stronger as he grows if he stays away from other injuries. The issues I've read are two fold.

1. The people he listens to and the amount of influence they have with him. Apparently, he is listening to a person that has corrupted prior NBA "future stars" before.

2. His overall lower body strength due to his frame and his ability to get bigger.

Even one doctor (who has no ties to Noel) is not that concerned with his injuries.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/06/clinic_doctor_says_growth-plat.html#/0

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Never heard that first one. In regards to the second one I agree, his frame definetly needs more muscle.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
While Bosh comes off like a big goofball most of the time, gotta respect that comment.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agree, even the players acknowledge that their fans are among the worst in sports.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Never heard that first one. In regards to the second one I agree, his frame definetly needs more muscle.

From USA Today Sports
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013...rce=top-modules

For the record, this isn't what prompted my original comment. I tried to find the original article I read, but so far have been unlucky. In any event, I saw this comment from ESPN (Russillo) and supported by the Kentucky Wildcats reporters. I think it adds credibility to the concern. I'll continue to try and find the article I first saw, and the name of the person I suggested.

Also, I am leaning toward Noel, but Len is intriguing as well.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 06/19/13 10:35 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Cleveland Clinic Doctor explains growth plate injury not cause for concern:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/06/clinic_doctor_says_growth-plat.html#/0

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
With Lebron on Parker, if San Antone's shooters don't get going, they have no chance.

And Shane Battier's a douche. Makes sense he'd wind down in Miami. It's probably where he got the excess leather removed off his noggin'...

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
This is like game 7 of 2010 finals, bad offense

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
If the Spurs end up winning this, it'll be to a poet of irony's delight- with James and Wade having monster games but coming up short to an all-around team.

They're lucky they're only down one going into the final period.

Bet Chalmers called glass on that straight-away tray, too.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
The way Miami is built, their role players are always goin to look better than they actually are. It's a testament to Lebrons greatness. They can gamble and play aggressive as hell.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Going off of this and the last game's flow, I think Pops needs to quit riding Green. His run has been historic, but he's gone cold and mentally will continue to keep shooting despite his shot betraying him. I think it's just the added attention moreso than the pressure.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Manu is great for the lockeroom and a future HOF. However he's just old. He can still flash once in a while, however for the most part what you see is what you get now.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I think Pops has no choice but to take the good and the bad with Manu. The turnovers and crazy behavior are nerve-racking, but he's still hitting some tough, big shots. The way Green and Neal have looked shaky, I can see why he's riding him out. I'd probably go with Manu, Parker, Kawhi, Diaw, and Duncan to finish this.

That sequence that started with Ginobli's high-arcing tray and ending in Duncan's three point play was just exciting basketball.

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Just an example of how cruel sports is. Spurs have been nailing 3's and can't hit them when they need them most.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
The second three by Leonard just wasn't good shot selection. I still don't like Green's presence on the floor. He plays admirable defense, but he's a liability rebounding the ball...

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Well, that sucked.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If I were Miami; I'd give Manu Ginobli a ring. He did a hell of a lot to help them in the Finals.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

The second three by Leonard just wasn't good shot selection. I still don't like Green's presence on the floor. He plays admirable defense, but he's a liability rebounding the ball...

with the exception of the 2 games he shot 3's well green has been a liability period...his ball handling, defense and shooting have been straight trash. Green, manu and pops cost spurs the chance at a ring with these last 2 games. Shouldn't have even been a game 7, that's what sucks.. Spurs might be the worst rebounding team I've ever seen in the finals

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I turned it off with about a minute left. I could not bear to watch the inevitable ending.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Yep, no NBA basketball for me to watch next season. As long as the media continue to slurp up the Miami Heat as if they're "hero worship" figures, I'm not going to go back and watch that pussified abomination of a sport.

The Heat can win 10 championships in a row from here on in and it won't change how I feel about the NBA at its core. Superteams like the Heat are a long term poison for the NBA integrity-wise.

Congratulations for becoming the biggest villain in the history of the NBA, LeBron James. You've certainly earned it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Spurs might be the worst rebounding team I've ever seen in the finals

Which is kind of amazing when you look at Kawhi and Tim. Spurs guards can't rebound at all. It's why they play Splitter and Duncan at the same time.

L
Legend
Legend
L
perfect example is the end of game 6, where a rebound basically seals the game, and then tonight in the first half where the heat had like 6 rebounds on the same possession...I was like wow.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I felt bad for Timmy. Dude represents everything you want out of a basketball player and then some. He was a warrior this series and gave it everything he had left. I'm gonna be sad if this was it for him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah, the spurs as a whole are a team that does it by the book, they don't take shortcuts, they don't buy blue chip players. I'll root for the spurs over any teams sans cavs. But you can tell when duncan missed that chippie that would have tied it, he was not happy. He was def. playing like this was it for him.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
It truly is sickening seeing several Browns players boasting about the Heat on twitter.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If I were Miami; I'd give Manu Ginobli a ring. He did a hell of a lot to help them in the Finals.

No kidding. Those 3 turnovers down the stretch sealed the deal.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It truly is sickening seeing several Browns players boasting about the Heat on twitter.

It doesn't bother me. If they were crappy players nobody would care.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
pssst, I don't think anyone does. Since a clown like Josh Gordon will fail himself right out of the NFL soon anyway.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Lebron keeps winning. Cavs keep losing. I think I'll stay away from the NBA for the next 4-5 years.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
R
Legend
Legend
R
I most likely won't watch an NBA game again. The Heat winning symbolize everything that is wrong with that sport.

Greg Popovich is so overrated. He's the reason they lost game 6 and the series. How sad. He failed his players because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else. One rebound was all they needed to win a championship, and he sat one of the best rebounders of all time on the bench. How brilliant.

I just can't wrap my head around how James, Wade, and Bosh are more deserving of a championship than the Spurs team. I don't understand the basketball gods.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We have some very immature players on this team. Seeing anything like trolling your own fans on Twitter is an absolute sign of immaturity. Very disappointing. If you want to say that you're happy for the Heat, that's great. But to go on the Twitter rant that Phil Taylor did is unacceptable. The guy seriously needs to grow up.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

We have some very immature players on this team. Seeing anything like trolling your own fans on Twitter is an absolute sign of immaturity. Very disappointing. If you want to say that you're happy for the Heat, that's great. But to go on the Twitter rant that Phil Taylor did is unacceptable. The guy seriously needs to grow up.

Here is how I see it:

James Michael Johnson - Don't really care what he says honestly. I actually did not realize he talked until it popped up on my newsfeed. He might not start next year because of former UDFAs and might be out of the league soon.

Josh Gordon - Now this I'm disappointed a little. LeCharles Bentley said it best. You are suspended and you're making stupid comments. You're a drug addict and these comments don't help.

Phil Taylor - It is what it is. We knew what we were getting. I want to see him beast next year, but he isn't impossible to replace, especially with Winn and Hughes. So act mature and step up.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Great game last night. I'm very happy the Heat won and that Lebron James is not toiling away in Cavs obscurity.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Great game last night. I'm very happy the Heat won and that Lebron James is not toiling away in Cavs obscurity.

Shots fired!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I didn't read any tweets until this morning, so unless they've deleted them by now, nothing of what the three people mentioned just above said anything wrong. Trolling? Do you know how many of their Cleveland followers bashed their comments congratulating the Heat. Perhaps we have tragically skewed definitions of the term trolling. One juvenile delinquent told Phil Taylor he hopes he rips his pecs again. I mean, seriously immature players on our team? How about immature Cleveland fans that have to say hurtful things to players that root for teams other than ours? I don't care how much you hate the Heat, or that you despise watching the fact the Lebron is winning titles somewhere other than Cleveland, or even seeing Lebron become the best basketball player in the NBA now and possibly EVER (I know I do), but to gang up on Browns players supporting someone being successful at his craft is ridiclous.

Nothing but jealousy, hate, and shallow-thinking.

Just because they play for the Browns does not mean they blindly need to hate Lebron the person or a team like Miami.

Wow.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Great series, one of the best of the last few decades. Really thought Ginobili and Duncan showed their age down the stretch in a few of these games. Duncan missed a bunny last night, he will regret that one for a long time. Ginobili threw away countless possessions late in the game. So many chances for them in those last 2 games. Leonard missing that first free throw, Allen getting off that ridiculous game tying 3.... Fantastic series.

I've said it a million times, I don't really care either way about Lebron anymore. It's done and over with. I'm just tired of some people not coming around on the stone cold facts.

Can we please put away the whole argument about him needing other "superstars" to win? The guy carried that team to these last 2 championships. Dwyane Wade can be great, but you aren't a superstar if you only show up once in a series. Sorry.

Chris Bosh scored no points last night. Superstars don't go empty in a pivotal game 7, let alone a finals game 7. He's not a superstar.

Lebron's teams now are obviously better than what he had with the Cavs, but they aren't light years better. The entire argument about how people say Jordan didn't want to team up with Bird and Magic, he wanted to beat them, doesn't apply here. Those who deny it, know deep down that it's true.

Time to shift focus to next week and getting this draft right. Next week is so damn important.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's a fun game.

Go to your Facebook page, and look at the quality of people who were rooting for the Heat.

It'll give you a good little laugh.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs, NBA Playoffs, and the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard