Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Luckily he is expected to make a full recovery.

Steelers' Adams stabbed in apparent robbery, recovering after surgery - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-...g-after-surgery

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Mike Adams is expected to make a full recovery after being stabbed in an apparent robbery attempt Saturday morning in Pittsburgh, according to his agent, Eric Metz.

Adams, a second-round pick in 2012 who is in line to be the Steelers' starting right tackle, is in the hospital following surgery on Saturday morning and will remain there several days.

Metz, who spoke with Steelers security officials as well as GM Kevin Colbert -- who was at the hospital with the wounded player -- said he was told the assailants were attempting to steal Adams' truck, and there is a strong expectation they could be found. Metz said three men were trying to steal the truck from in front of Adams' residence and when he intervened, he was stabbed.

"We are aware of the situation regarding Mike Adams being stabbed earlier this morning," Colbert said. "We are in direct communication with both Mike and his family. Mike is expected to make a full recovery."

Adams was joined by his mother and other family members at the hospital and Adams, groggy from surgery, told his agent doctors told him he will likely miss six weeks.

"He will be fine," Metz said. "He should be back for training camp."

Metz said no organs were struck in the stabbing and, "all things considered it could have been a lot worse." Metz praised the Steelers organization for swiftly getting team officials to the hospital and said he spoke to Adams around 8 a.m. Saturday, when he was out of surgery.

Pittsburgh is reshuffling its offensive line this season with Adams, who played left tackle at Ohio State, making a good transition to the right side during his OTA work.

"He's getting really comfortable on the right side," Metz said.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hope Big Mike recovers Ok, he is a good dude.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Scary story. I hope he recovers quickly without any long lasting problems.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Wow... Hope he recovers quickly and completely. Scary stuff.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
OP Online
Legend
The thing that has to scare NFL players is that this attack comes on the heels of the robbery/murder of David McMillan. It seems liek there are always copycats ..... and this looks like a copycat.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm glad he decided his truck was worth more than his life. That is unfortunate, and I hope this has taught him a lesson that he could get another truck, but he can't get another life.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Rivalry be damned. He is a good person and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I'm glad he decided his truck was worth more than his life. That is unfortunate, and I hope this has taught him a lesson that he could get another truck, but he can't get another life.

That's what you got out of it?

Maybe if these thugs would get an education in the first place and then actually get a job, they wouldn't feel the NEED to take what isn't theirs.

Our society is so crazy. We are to point of nonchalantly blaming the victims and ignoring the real problem.

There were three thieves: wonder how many of them came from generational welfare homes? They don't value education. They don't want to work. They always have their hand out. And sometimes, they violently take what is not theirs.

That sir, is the problem.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

There were three thieves: wonder how many of them came from generational welfare homes? They don't value education. They don't want to work. They always have their hand out. And sometimes, they violently take what is not theirs.

And you know this about them, how?

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

While I cannot say with absolute certainty that this is the case, it certainly makes sense that those who have high paying, quality jobs, and who make good money, are probably not putting themselves, their lives, and their freedom at risk out trying to rob someone for a few hundred bucks.

I cannot recall the last time company executives were out robbing people at gunpoint. (though some might argue that they rob people in other ways) I cannot recall hearing about a gang of Rhodes Scholars out stealing stuff from people. In most cases it is an unemployed, or severely underemployed person, often from the inner city, and usually male, who is likely to commit such crimes.

Frankly, I do believe that many of the people who are lifelong victims of the support system never learn to value and respect personal property. Why would they? They never have to work for anything. Everything they have is given to them. Free housing, food stamps, a welfare check, medical care. transportation, and bonus money at tax time if they have kids they cannot support! There is no learned respect for hard work, because some have never worked a day in their lives. Their work is either illegal, or trying to job the system so they don't have to work.

That's why I firmly and fervently believe that we should find work for all welfare recipients. Everyone should work for their checks and benefits. There have to be some kind of jobs that we can find for those who currently consume only, where they would provide some sort of service to the society that supports them, in some cases, cradle to grave. If everyone had to work to receive benefits, then maybe more people might appreciate the work that goes into owning things for most people, and maybe some might learn to value and respect other peoples' property.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

While I cannot say with absolute certainty that this is the case, it certainly makes sense that those who have high paying, quality jobs, and who make good money, are probably not putting themselves, their lives, and their freedom at risk out trying to rob someone for a few hundred bucks.

I cannot recall the last time company executives were out robbing people at gunpoint. (though some might argue that they rob people in other ways) I cannot recall hearing about a gang of Rhodes Scholars out stealing stuff from people. In most cases it is an unemployed, or severely underemployed person, often from the inner city, and usually male, who is likely to commit such crimes.

Frankly, I do believe that many of the people who are lifelong victims of the support system never learn to value and respect personal property. Why would they? They never have to work for anything. Everything they have is given to them. Free housing, food stamps, a welfare check, medical care. transportation, and bonus money at tax time if they have kids they cannot support! There is no learned respect for hard work, because some have never worked a day in their lives. Their work is either illegal, or trying to job the system so they don't have to work.

That's why I firmly and fervently believe that we should find work for all welfare recipients. Everyone should work for their checks and benefits. There have to be some kind of jobs that we can find for those who currently consume only, where they would provide some sort of service to the society that supports them, in some cases, cradle to grave. If everyone had to work to receive benefits, then maybe more people might appreciate the work that goes into owning things for most people, and maybe some might learn to value and respect other peoples' property.

Dude, if you value your TV, video games, or truck more than your life then you've became a consumer to the highest degree and need to readjust. It's true that he could have got his car jacked that way, but at least he'd be alive to buy a new one. Also car robberies are one of the highest solved crimes (IIRC). There's no need to lose your life over some material thing.

And if you think that welfare recipients have good lives than you're more out of touch than you know. But I agree that we should get people working so they don't have to rob, steal, and lie to survive.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I never said that I value any item more than my life. or the lives of those I love.

What I did say is that those who have never done anything to earn the items they have will never value them, nor will many value the property (and work) of others.

I employed children of welfare recipients. They receive housing (even without welfare, children, or any real need) food stamps, and other benefits. A welfare recipient with 3 kids can live close to a middle class life. Housing is available even in outer lying neighborhoods like mine. These houses can be had through Section 8 for $75/month ...... or more ..... or less ..... depending on the income a person has.

Yes, a person on welfare can live a damn good life.

Housing
Medical
Food stamps
Welfare payments
Education
Tax Credits
Child Care
Transportation
Utility payments

A person who has 3 children, and who makes $8000 can receive almost $7000 in tax credits. That's $15,000 in tax free income, with all of the above benefits. That's a pretty solid life.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

no organs were struck in the stabbing

Amen. That is HUGE.

The down side for him, is that mentally he will likely be a little bit of a wreck for a while. Getting stabbed is a VERY personal attack, and I can say from experience that you can absolutely have your own bouts of PTSD with it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Dude, if you value your TV, video games, or truck more than your life then you've became a consumer to the highest degree and need to readjust. It's true that he could have got his car jacked that way, but at least he'd be alive to buy a new one. Also car robberies are one of the highest solved crimes (IIRC). There's no need to lose your life over some material thing.

This, combined with what you said earlier, leads me to believe you are okay with people stealing your stuff. At a minimum, it sounds like you wouldn't try to stop them. It seems you'd just say "oh, you're taking my car, or tv, etc.....no problem, I can always buy another one."

Now, I'm not saying a person should go hunt down someone that stole from them. But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them. (with 911 on the other end of the phone you are holding.)

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

This, combined with what you said earlier, leads me to believe you are okay with people stealing your stuff. At a minimum, it sounds like you wouldn't try to stop them. It seems you'd just say "oh, you're taking my car, or tv, etc.....no problem, I can always buy another one."

Now, I'm not saying a person should go hunt down someone that stole from them. But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them. (with 911 on the other end of the phone you are holding.)

You're somewhat right. I would not try to physical confront a robber, but inform him that I had called the police and he should leave. I pay theft insurance for a reason, and the reason is to not risk my life to fight with petty thieves. That's why I also supported the levy for the police so they could do that. And if you're still not comfortable with those options and want to risk your life, there's always lojack and edt, just the sign of edt will most likely scare away a potential robber. Lojack might, depends though, most kids don't know about lojack.

Funny story once, I actually walked in on a car robbery, and called the cops and told the kids that I had called the cops and they scattered. I then went into the business to see if the driver was there and he berated me for not physically stopping the robbery. I then laughed told him my life was worth more than all of his possessions and that stopped him from talking.

Last edited by CHSDawg; 06/03/13 04:06 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them. (with 911 on the other end of the phone you are holding.)

I find a gun more helpful than a phone in my hand, and I sure as hell would confront anybody stealing from me

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them. (with 911 on the other end of the phone you are holding.)

I find a gun more helpful than a phone in my hand, and I sure as hell would confront anybody stealing from me

I didn't want to get too explicit - but God gave us 2 hands for a reason: we can hold 2 things at the same time.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Too bad it wasn't Big Ben getting knifed... just saying.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them.

In that moment you have to figure out the potential for something bad to happen to you... and for me, if there is even a decent chance that I'm going to get hurt then they can have it.

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

The main point of contention in this thread is whether or not you should protect your property. We got one guy actually blaming the victim.

Are we so whipped and politically correct that we don't blame the perpetrator anymore? Do you realize that if some thug isn't stealing something that is NOT his in the first place, none of this happens?

These punks are stealing something that is not theirs and then stab a guy w/a knife for protecting his OWN property. And most of you excuse that and blame the freaking victim!

Things need to change!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

j/c:

The main point of contention in this thread is whether or not you should protect your property. We got one guy actually blaming the victim.

Are we so whipped and politically correct that we don't blame the perpetrator anymore? Do you realize that if some thug isn't stealing something that is NOT his in the first place, none of this happens?

These punks are stealing something that is not theirs and then stab a guy w/a knife for protecting his OWN property. And most of you excuse that and blame the freaking victim!

Things need to change!

You vote Republican, please don't even begin on victim blaming since your party also believes the height of a woman's skirt determines if she gets rapes one night.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Well this just took an awesome direction....

I don't think anyone's really "blaming" the victim, Vers. It's more just an issue of, "Is it really worth it?" I mean you're fully covered on insurance I'd presume, and have a good bit of salary dependent on being able to perform, and perform well. Why risk your wellness over the most stolen car in all of America?

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Well this just took an awesome direction....

I don't think anyone's really "blaming" the victim, Vers. It's more just an issue of, "Is it really worth it?" I mean you're fully covered on insurance I'd presume, and have a good bit of salary dependent on being able to perform, and perform well. Why risk your wellness over the most stolen car in all of America?

This. I'm not blaming Mike Adams, I'm just saying I hope he gets a valuable lesson from this. The reports indicate that another perp had a gun, and this could be a lot worse than what had happened. Obviously the perpetrators are to blame, but risking your life over a car is still dumb.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

You vote Republican, please don't even begin on victim blaming since your party also believes the height of a woman's skirt determines if she gets rapes one night.

You don't know squat. I don't vote Republican and I certainly don't blame the woman for getting raped. In fact, I have been defending the victim throughout this ENTIRE freaking thread, you.............Gosh, I wish we could speak frankly, or I at least wish I could speak like guys like Held and Otto.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I don't think anyone's really "blaming" the victim, Vers. It's more just an issue of, "Is it really worth it?"

My point is that it shouldn't be an issue. The thieves are the problem. Plain and simple.

Man, we have progressed to the point of regression.

We have a very real social problem in this country. The lazy and shiftless get all the breaks. They take hand outs and don't want to be educated or work. Some of them even resort to stealing and murder.

That is where the REAL problem is. Not whether or not some dude wants to protect his freaking own property.

I can't believe this is even a debate.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think anyone's really "blaming" the victim, Vers. It's more just an issue of, "Is it really worth it?"

My point is that it shouldn't be an issue. The thieves are the problem. Plain and simple.

Man, we have progressed to the point of regression.

We have a very real social problem in this country. The lazy and shiftless get all the breaks. They take hand outs and don't want to be educated or work. Some of them even resort to stealing and murder.

That is where the REAL problem is. Not whether or not some dude wants to protect his freaking own property.

I can't believe this is even a debate.

You are right. Stealing and murder only happen in America in this time frame.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow!

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And nowhere has anyone insinuated anything close to, "Athletes with money and cars are the problem" or that thievery and covetousness bring anything but tragedy or misfortune. It's just like as a professional EMT or paramedic, you have to evaluate your surroundings before cowboy-ing up and going in. It's not worth it in his position.

Your post veers more towards "Everything Else" material.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

What do you base that on?

Do you know anyone, personally, that has been raped? I do.

Hey, I'm a republican, for whatever that is worth, and I don't blame the victim. Perhaps you're barking up the wrong tree with an idiotic statement like that. By the way, I've voted for democrats as well.

Back to the subject: If some breaks into my house to steal a t.v., or into my garage to steal a vehicle, or is in my driveway trying to steal a vehicle - they WILL be confronted if I'm around. Right after the police are called, and with 911 still on the phone. At that point, things will be in their court. They are free to get down on the ground and await the cops, or they are free to flee. But if they come at me, THEY pushed the button.

I do value my life more than I do a car, truck, t.v. etc. But if someone is trying to take something of mine, I'm not going to look the other way and say "oh well, I have insurance." I'm glad there are people like you that will. You will make an easier victim than me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

What do you base that on?

Do you know anyone, personally, that has been raped? I do.

Hey, I'm a republican, for whatever that is worth, and I don't blame the victim.

The guy has been excusing the actions of the thieves throughout and blaming the victim. He then has the FREAKING NERVE to say I would blame a rape victim for wearing a short skirt.

You have no idea how angry that made me.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't want to get too explicit - but God gave us 2 hands for a reason: we can hold 2 things at the same time.

My other hand would have been covering my privates lol I don't want to lose my boys lol

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

But I DO think if you see someone in the act of stealing your stuff, you should confront them.

In that moment you have to figure out the potential for something bad to happen to you... and for me, if there is even a decent chance that I'm going to get hurt then they can have it.

I grew up on the other side of that comment bro. I was a short, skinny, little kid who always fought for what I wanted, or wanted to keep. Getting hurt was always going to happen, but damnit I was going to get my respect and keep what I had.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Steelers' Adams Stabbed in Robbery Attempt

Link Copied to Clipboard