Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Hey everybody. We are looking at getting our windows replaced at home and are stuck on which company to go with. Has anyone used either of these companies? What was your experience like?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond!

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
D
Legend
Legend
D
We're also considering replacement windows, and I'd be interested in knowing what the ballpark per window price will be, along with any recommendations for installers and brands of windows. I always wonder about the ads saying buy X amount of windows and get one free - is it legit or are they just jacking up the price on the qty you buy to pay for the freebie? Actually, I think I know the answer to that question ...

Legend
Legend
Never heard of either company. But, I do know that if you stick with someone like Sears, they stand behind their work and they aren't going anywhere.

Might be a bit more costly however.

As for brand name, I'd always pay a little more and get either Pella or Anderson. but that's just me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
try window systems... gerat company!
been around forever and they guarantee their windows.

Frank Jr and Frank Sr have been in the biz forever, they put in 22 windows in my house and did a great job.

PM me and I'll tell you what to say to them and they will take care of you.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
We in Y-town area have dealer-Window World-that sells installs double hung window for $189. Have friend who used them and stands by the window quality.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Thanks superbowldogg. Unfortunately I live in Michigan so it doesn't look like that is an option. We went to Hanson's showroom yesterday and met the Owner/President who gave us a great deal after chatting with him for a while. I'm still skeptical, but for now it looks like we are going with Hansons.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NO Prob!

the other company out there that is pretty good from what I remember is Seagate- Tom Elder owns the company. HHe's been serving Toledo/Detroit area a long time. From what I read on him (I also did some internet marketing for him) they are a good company that is legit.

http://www.seagateforyourhome.com/window_installation.html
I know Tom has warranties with is windows as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We in Y-town area have dealer-Window World-that sells installs double hung window for $189. Have friend who used them and stands by the window quality.

I met with them a few years ago and I refused turned down marketing for their company. They had a terrible reputation (the franchise I met with)

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Looking at Replacement windows. Wallside or Hansons?

Link Copied to Clipboard