Print Thread
#795922 06/27/13 11:40 PM
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Crap day at work today, there's been a lot of them lately. Though, I'll be the first to admit that I don't deal with incompetence very well, especially when it impacts my job or my team. Anyway, May 31 was our corporate year end and the earnings call with the street was today. Numbers were good, which is always good.

We just happened to have an event today as well, and they planned it to coincide with the year end numbers. I gotta say they did a pretty killer job with it. It was a carnival theme - part circus with performers, part county fair with the games, and a band. Well, the first booth we went to was throwing footballs through tires (it was sad how bad some people were)...and who was there helping man the booth??? Ndamukong Suh. We walked around and who was in the booth where you kicked a soccer ball through holes in a goal? Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United, Arsenal, Portland Timbers). There were other athletes around that I recognized but couldn't put names to faces. As well, I know LaMichael James was there. Then the band started playing - The Postal Service...not my favorite band, but they have 3 or 4 songs that I turn up when they're on...

While none of the players were in the Michael Jordan, Pele, etc... realm and the band wasn't a U2 or Stones - I gotta say, it was a pretty darn cool 4pm-6pm at "work"

Legend
Legend
Sounds like fun.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Sound fun. Where do you work?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sounds like you work for a company that wants to have a party with their employees when things go well. Sounds like they know you guys had a big hand it making it happen.. Very nice.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
PortlandDawg - Nike

Daman - Overall yes, this was by far the biggest they've had for an all employee event n my 13 years.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

, I'll be the first to admit that I don't deal with incompetence very well,

I have this issue as well. Can't tell you how often I send out a detailed email about servers coming down for maintenance or reboots, printers etc., far in advance of the event.

Only to be bombarded with phone calls and visits of people informing me that server "x" or printer "x" isn't working. Like "DID YOU NOT READ MY EMAIL??"

Or the questions about crap that any person using a PC should know. If you call me and ask me to walk you through something and the first thing I say is "Click the Start button" and your reply is "Where's that", you're going to get hung up on.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Mine are similar to yours but in a project environment (at least the current ones are) by the project team (my team is the "end user")...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Kinda of a cool afternoon

Link Copied to Clipboard