Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Hyde is taking a beating but running VERY hard ... maybe the hardest I've seen him run.

The d needs to put the clamps down now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Would be nice to get a turnover ourselves here!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
gotta admit... knew this game was gonne be close and so far it's been a pretty good game... really though the turnovers have killed us... but that is northwestern's bread and butter this year

hope we cna turn it up this quarter!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This has to be one of the best games Hyde has ever had

<><

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
That was an amazing TD...

T
Legend
Legend
T
That has to be a football first.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That was an amazing TD...

I was surprised they called him down when it was live... thought for sure he got in but then when they ruled him down I figured it was just the camera angle.... keep feeding Hyde!

And let's go defense!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And the defense goes "splat".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
There had been 5 lead changes by the time 13 minutes were to go in the 2nd quarter. There are two more.

Legend
Legend
Great job by Miller on that play. Nicely done for a huge gain.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I gotta say, Miller is ding a nice job faking out the defense.

Legend
Legend
And back we go in front. TD Buckeyes!

Legend
Legend
I wish we'd just kick it out of the back of the endzone... horrible coverage there

<><

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
OSU might win the game on Inconclusive evidence,

Respect for Hyde... dude looks utterly beat up.

Last edited by The Collector; 10/05/13 11:31 PM.
Legend
Legend
man... two weeks in a row that these games have been way too stinking close... FINISH IT OFF BUCKEYES!

<><

#gmstrong
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Carlos Hyde = One dude you don't wanna mess with!

Legend
Legend
Man what a game... so many mistakes... but what a game by Hyde! And defense finally showed up in the second half!

<><

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Vegas can't be happy with the final play... Ohio State was favored by 5.5.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing on that play!!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

There might be a few on this very site that might be banging their heads against the wall too.

Heck, even the announcers were talking about it too. And that rarely happens.

Good game though. Lots of fun.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
In College they just don't care?

Hypothetically, if OHio state had been down by 7 and recovered that fumble in the end zone, from the hook an lateral as time clicked to 0, they would have been allowed to kick the extra point. In the NFL they would have been allowed to kick the extra point.

But in College; they just don't care.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
No problem. We won it going away. Nice 10 point win. LOL

Whew, that was closer than it probably had to be. The first half was anemic and ugly. Luckily we got stuff straightened out some in the 2nd half.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

In College they just don't care?

Hypothetically, if OHio state had been down by 7 and recovered that fumble in the end zone, from the hook an lateral as time clicked to 0, they would have been allowed to kick the extra point. In the NFL they would have been allowed to kick the extra point.

But in College; they just don't care.

I got completely screwed on a play like that a few years ago in that wild Texas/Texas Tech. I think it was Michael Crabtree who scored with no time left and the crowd stormed the field, I think the total would have gone over. It was a half point total too so it wasn't even a push.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Some observations:

--Miller is the superior athlete, but I think the team plays better w/Guiton. He is smarter. He gets rid of it quicker. He sees the field better. Other guys get to showcase their talents more. With Miller in, we become the Braxton Miller Show.

--I agree w/those who complained about the soft coverage. It's way too easy for opposing QBs and WRs.

--Hyde ran very hard. He was exhausted. We got some well-timed stoppages of play to give him short breathers. I wonder how long he can last taking that many hits, though?

--Losing Bryant was big. Pittsburgh Brown is pretty bad at safety.

--I like that #63 guy. He could end up being very, very good.

--We need other teams to lose. I doubt if we are gathering many style points.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

We need other teams to lose. I doubt if we are gathering many style points.

#3 Clemson still has to play three ranked teams; FSU, South Carolina, and Maryland. #2 Oregon also still has three ranked teams on their schedule; Stanford, UCLA, and Wash St. There's a decent chance they each finish with one loss. Alabama only plays one ranked team the rest of the way - LSU. OSU has one ranked team left, UM, so we could easily see an OSU - Alabama BCS Championship game.

I have to admit though, Alabama and Oregon appear to be the two best teams.

Dave #799162 10/06/13 11:30 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

We need other teams to lose. I doubt if we are gathering many style points.

#3 Clemson still has to play three ranked teams; FSU, South Carolina, and Maryland. #2 Oregon also still has three ranked teams on their schedule; Stanford, UCLA, and Wash St. There's a decent chance they each finish with one loss. Alabama only plays one ranked team the rest of the way - LSU. OSU has one ranked team left, UM, so we could easily see an OSU - Alabama BCS Championship game.

I have to admit though, Alabama and Oregon appear to be the two best teams.

Too bad the NCAA playoffs did not start this season. There could actually be 4 very good undefeated teams this season and that would make for some awesome playoff match ups.

I know there are always surprise games for every team to survive but at this time the biggest games on this years schedule that will go a long way to determine who plays for the BCS Championship.

OSU vs Michigan. ( maybe twice in the Big Ten title game) That would actually be the best scenerio for both of those 2 teams. If both are undefeated when they play each other and then meet again a week later it will be an overhyped game and if one team sweeps the other that team can make a storng case.

Florida State at Clemson. Clemson already holds the most impressive victory on the season with their win over Georgia. If the Bulldogs keep winning and play in the SEC Championship game and possibly win it the Florida State Clemson winner if undefeated will have a very strong argument for them. By the way the frshman QB of Florida State is an amazing talent and getting better.

Alabama vs LSU and the SEC Championship games. Let's face it if Bama wins all of their games they are a shoe in for the BCS title game. The Georgia Bulldogs looked like a team capable of playing spoiler to end the SEC reign of dominance after losing in week 1 but with their injuries I don't think they could beat Bama anymore but LSU who Georgia beat might be able to.

Oregon at Stanford. The Pac 12 has been getting quite a bit of buzz about challenging the SEC for the best overall conference in college football. If the winner of this game is undefeated at the end of the year they also will have a strong arguement. Oregon's offense will make them a very sexy pick for the pollsters.

Should be a very exciting season with alot of great games to be played yet.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

--Miller is the superior athlete, but I think the team plays better w/Guiton. He is smarter. He gets rid of it quicker. He sees the field better. Other guys get to showcase their talents more. With Miller in, we become the Braxton Miller Show.

Urban Meyer was quoted as saying he nearly replaced Miller with Guiton after Miller missed a wide open receiver for a TD. I wonder if he's considering a situational rotation at QB like he did with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow at Florida in 2006? The bye week would be a good time to work on it, if he is. I don't know if Miller is still hurting or what, but he looks like he's playing scared.

Dave #799164 10/06/13 12:59 PM
Legend
Legend
I would agree with that ... until the end of the game. Those last couple of drive by Miller were nicely done. I loved the way he ran up to the line, then hit the receiver down the field when the defender committed. That was beautiful.

I did love the way that Guiton played while Miller was out. The competition wasn't the same level, but man, he sure seemed to do a nice job with his decision making and ball placement.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hey DC, sorry man

yikes.

It was embarrassing.. FSU is not THAT good and Maryland is not THAT bad.. Maryland quit, I mean in the first quarter they just rolled over and stopped fighting faster than a $2 whore. I've never seen a team with less heart than what Maryland showed on Saturday.

It was going to have almost no impact on the outcome, but the late hit by the FSU linebacker, with the crown of his helmet, on Marylands QB that wasn't flagged was an absolute joke. If that happened in the NFL, he would be getting his fine notice in the mail today and it didn't even draw a flag.

yebat' Putin
N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
I am impressed that there was a late play in that game and you were still watching. Cleveland sports have prepared you well.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am impressed that there was a late play in that game and you were still watching. Cleveland sports have prepared you well.

Late? The late hit/spearing/targeting play happened in the second quarter.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
On a different note, I heard that the line on the OSU game was 6 points and when they recovered that fumble for the late TD, over $100 million changed hands... but remember, amateur sports is pure and it's all about the student athletes.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Scott Van Pelt keeps saying things today about how Florida State "squeaked past" Maryland Saturday

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

... Yeah, so it was already well into garbage time by then.

Legend
Legend
But isn't that Vegas's fault for having a faulty line? If more than 50% were riding OSU, they should have moved the line to get more NW bets in.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It was garbage time when it was 7-0...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

But isn't that Vegas's fault for having a faulty line? If more than 50% were riding OSU, they should have moved the line to get more NW bets in.

I would assume they did.. the 50% that had picked NW went from winners to losers and the 50% that had picked OSU went from losers to winners..

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It was garbage time when it was 7-0...

Only if you're rooting for the Browns

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

On a different note, I heard that the line on the OSU game was 6 points and when they recovered that fumble for the late TD, over $100 million changed hands... but remember, amateur sports is pure and it's all about the student athletes.

That's probably only the reported wagers too. Think about all the offshore gambling websites, and guys who wagered with their buddies. Even before Brent brought it up, that is immediately what came to my mind. Man, some people got absolutely screwed.

For those of you that love gambling and gambling stories, there was a great article about the "gambling gods". I think it was part of a Deadspin article from 5 or 6 years ago. I can't remember. Awesome article. Goes through the do's and don'ts of watching a game, and how superstitious cappers are.

Legend
Legend
Just throwing this out there: I want Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the first round more than a WR. He would be Gronk for us and Jordan would be Hernandez.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football

Link Copied to Clipboard