Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I saw a few people mention Southland. I gotta say that show was surprisingly good. I haven't watched more than a few episodes, I usually only catch it when I am flipping around. I may have to see if I can go on-demand with that.

2nd String
2nd String
No particular order:

The Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
NCIS
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Falling Skies
Survivor

Hey, that's more than 5

2nd String
2nd String
I don't post all that much, but I have noticed once I do I am the 'Thread Killer'. I have a knack for it.

Legend
Legend
My winners in no particular order (depends on wife having the remote for a few):

1) NCIS (but not LA!)
2) Ancient Aliens (I am hooked!)
3) Duck Dynasty
4) Mad Money
5) Big Bang Theory

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Let's see it probably looks something like this right now.

1. Dexter (I've loved every season of this show. Everyone on it is just such a good actor, especially Hall. Also it's always fun to see him play a role like this that is so different from what he did on Six Feet Under).
2. Breaking Bad (can't wait to see how it ends)
3. Mad Men (Still catching up on Netflix)
4. Under the Dome (this show kicks ass)
5. Not enough time/Ultimate Survival Alaska

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

I watch Dexter, though I don't know why. It's not that good. But I watch.

Yeah...that's not concerning at all!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Glad you started this thread!!!

My below list is NOT my fav top 5 TV shows of all time, but more recently, let's say in the last 5 years or so.

1. Spartacus. GREAT series!!! Highly recommended. Best show on TV since The Sopranos. Spartacus is not safe to watch with your kids... or even most women. It's a man's show. Sex & violence.... Heavy on the violence. I've never seen more killing in a show in my life, ever. But it's not that, per say, that I like. The plots and storyline are great. Deep. Still haven't seen the final season so please, don't post any spoilers here without a 'spoiler alert.' Thanks.

2. Arrested Development. Just about finishing up the second season. Who are the lunatics that write this show? I LOVE IT!!! VERY funny show and I personally cannot stand most regular TV comedies. 'Funniest show since Seinfeld.' Narrated by Ron Howard (Richie Cunningham) of Happy Days. Recommended!!!

3. Shameless. Another funny show, but in a disturbing way. Father is a sociopathic alcoholic. His whole family has to support HIM. I think I've seen two or three seasons of this show so far. (I get pretty much everything from the library, so still waiting for the last season to come out.)

4. Dexter. Yes, Dexter is pretty good too, but some of the writing (- or lines) are a bit subpar, even stupid at times. Haven't seen the last season or two but will when the library gets them in. We all like Dexter.

5. Breaking Bad. GREAT show! Started off a bit slow the first season, but given time this show just KILLS. Haven't seen this last/final season, but will see it on DVD when the rest of the episodes finish up and it comes out.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Quote:

In no particular order

NCIS
Suits
Castle
Person of Interest
Franklin and Bash
Cover Affairs
Royal Pains

And lately I've gotten hooked on Under the Dome..

Forgot all about Burn Notice and Graceland.

Graceland is growing on me. Good stuff so far.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Just started watching Trailer Park Boys over the last few weeks. I can't believe I missed out on this gem of a show.

All the seasons are on Netflix streaming too.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
1. Seinfeld
2. Simpsons (Season 1-8; went down hill after that and turned into trash after ~season 10)
3.. Doug (Nickelodeon version)
4. Mad Men
5. Star Trek TNG

Pawn Stars honorable mention.

Also I may have missed it, but I'm shocked by the lack of Seinfeld in here.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
i tried to limit it to current stuff, although some people put shows that were off the air. No biggie.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Opinion of an old goat- Blue Bloods, NCIS, Sherlock Holmes-new series-forget name-old guy sorry, Dancing with Stars, Seinfeld reruns-AND old westerns IF they were on, like Maverick, Have Gun will Travel, Wagon Train, Paladin, etc....black and white oldies......GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
ahh I see. Guess it helps to read the whole post

Seinfeld is still in syndication.......

In that case:

1. Mad Men
2. Pawn Stars
3. Futurama
4. Bar Rescue
5. Justified

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
1. Breaking Bad - I've never been so addicted to any show. When I first started watching this on Netflix, my personal sleep took a back seat to fitting in "just one more episode"
2. Top Gear (BBC) - Seriously entertaining and funny.
3. Family Guy - Seth Macfarlane is brilliant
4. Spartacus - Compelling story lines to go along with an outrageous amount of violence and sex
5. Cheers - That wonderful half hour where you knew everyone's name and felt like you were sitting at the bar next to Norm.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Cheers, that's a show I can finally start watching again. I watched most of them live and then tons of re-runs. I got to a point where I couldn't watch a single second because it was so played out in my head. It was probably 15+ years ago when I last watched a Cheers. A few months ago I caught a few on during the day because I work from home a lot and found myself laughing. It's fresh again.

Seinfeld is something I can't watch now. I'd rather watch just about anything else. And I think it's the best sitcom of all time too.

Once Breaking Bad is over and maybe the newest season of SOA, if I can make it through another full year, I'll get into The Wire and maybe Battelstar. We'll see.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Dexter, Ray Donavan, True Blood, Walking Dead , Boardwalk Empire Longmire

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Top 5 favorite TV shows

Link Copied to Clipboard