Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Thanks Ytown, I looked and couldnt find the info, you are now my hero.

Legend
Legend
You guys are welcome.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Btw........

Not thrilled on the new 4p starts here. In years past I would attend 5-6 practices and getting in and out of there was somewhat a breeze.

Now, although the traffic going there(if I start at around 3p and then leave at 6:30p) certainly isn't rush hour, it can't be "just as easy".

Staying till 6:30p and getting home at 7:15/7:30p?

I'll def give it 1 try but it could end up being the only 1.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, lets hope they don't take the "not naming a starter" thing TOO far. Like waiting until a couple days before the season starts. That didn't work out too well last time....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not a reply to you, but I thought these in-division articles were interesting.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9509978/bryant-mckinnie-baltimore-ravens-held-practice
McKinnie 'too heavy' to practice
Updated: July 25, 2013, 7:05 PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

I, for one, am shocked...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9510093/aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-twists-knee-practice
A.J. Green twists knee practice
Updated: July 25, 2013, 7:00 PM ET
Associated Press

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam assures Pilot Flying J problems won't be a distraction
Jul 25, 2013 -- 7:58pm

By Tony Grossi

Extra Points …

Observations, notes, quotes and some facts on the first day of Browns training camp …

* Jimmy Haslam faced the media head-onat the start of practice and was typically forceful in asserting the federal investigation of his Pilot Flying J will have no impact on the present or future of the Browns.

“We’re committed to owning the Browns for a long period of time,” he said. “I understand in Cleveland there’s a great deal of uncertainty because of past history, but the fans should not worry. Our family’s going to own this asset for a long, long time. We feel it a privilege to own the Cleveland Browns with all the history and tradition.

“There’s absolutely no worry about cash flow. If there was, we wouldn’t be doing the ($5 million in renovations) we did in Berea, wouldn’t have signed the free agents, wouldn’t be talking about ($100 million in upgrades) at the stadium. We’re looking at this as a long-term vision.”

Haslam, whose purchase of the Browns was reported on the first day of last year’s camp, insists the troubles engulfing his Pilot Flying J will not distract his football team.

“I apologize for the negative attention this has brought to Cleveland, the Browns and the NFL,” he said. “I’m going to stay very focused on two things. One, making sure we correct the activites at Pilot Flying J that led to some of the accusations that have been made. But secondly and most importantly, to do the things we talked of in Cleveland. There’s no distraction in the bldg.. Everyone’s entirely focused on winning games and making the fans have a great experience.”

* Rob Chudzinski seemed to have more fun than anybody on his first day of camp as a head coach. On a few occasions, the Toledo, OH-native got the crowd going by waving his arms above his head. He pumped his fist to the crowd with a big smile walking off the field after practice. “A great first day,” said the coach.

* Wide receiver Josh Gordon fell awkwardly trying to make a highcatch and limped off the field with about 30 minutes to go in the practice. He did not return. Chudzinski said afterward Gordon suffered a cramp. Gordon did not receive much attention from trainers and watched the remainder of practice off to the side. He made a few good catches prior to the injury.

* The top three receivers all have new numbers. Gordon ditched No. 13 for No. 12, which was his number at Baylor. Davone Bess traded numbers with Greg Little. Bess now wears No. 15 and Little No. 18. Bess wanted No. 15, which he wore with the Miami Dolphins. Neither Bess nor Little would say if money was exchanged in the transaction. “Undisclosed,” said Bess.

* The first skirmish of camp involved, of all people, Joe Thomas. After a pass, there was some pushing and shoving involving defensive end Brian Sanford and some offensive players. Thomas dived in and emerged from the bottom of a pileup. No punches thrown or landed, but it was unusual to see a pileup on a day players didn’t wear full gear. “Joe was in there. I don’t know if he started on top and ended up on the bottom,” Chudzinski said. “I was in the melee there, too. It’s training camp. Energy’s high. I’m really pleased with the tempo of practice.” Brandon Weeden said, “We don’t even have pads on yet and guys are competing, which is what you want to see. A little bit of that is good. If it gets out of control, I don’t think Chud will like that.”

* Phil Taylor was the biggest name who didn’t participate. Taylor watched from the side with a rubber sleeve on his left calf. Chudzinski said Taylor suffered a calf strain about a week and a half ago and is day to day. “I’m not concerned about that,” the coach said. John Hughes played in Taylor’s nose tackle spot. Tight end Kellen Davis (knee sprain), receiver David Nelson (knee) and offensive tackle Chris Faulk (knee) did not practice.

* Running back Trent Richardson was full go and all smiles afterwards.

* Buster Skrine was at cornerback and Tashaun Gipson at free safety with the first-team defense. But Chris Owens staked his claim to the cornerback competition with a good first day, nailing an interception of a pass for Gordon and a breakup of one for Travis Benjamin.

* On the first day, quarterback Brandon Weeden had two option runs.

* Official attendance figure: 2,692.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=20251

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the article. Thought there would be some reports from the fans and a couple of more articles. Kinda disappointing. Wanna hear some reports.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Josh Gordon comes up limping, but likely just a cramp: Cleveland Browns training camp quick hits

BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordon gave fans and Browns coach Rob Chudzinski a scare when he came up limping late in practice after dropping a long bomb from Brandon Weeden after beating cornerback Chris Owens.

Gordon walked off slowly with a trainer and then spent time stretching his lower left calf and ankle on the sidelines. He sat out the remaining 15 minutes or so of practice, but Chudzinski said it was just a cramp.

• Defensive tackle Phil Taylor sat out with a left calf strain suffered last week. John Hughes started in his place. Tight end Kellen Davis was out with a strained knee. Both are day-to-day.

• Chudzinski, a lifelong Browns fan, was a man of the people before and after practice. He ran over to the fans and high-fived and shook hands at the start of practice and again at the end. Fans barked at him and he pumped his fists.

"There was some barking,'' he said with a smile. "I'm one of them.''

At one point, after Travis Benjamin came down hard after a leaping grab, Chudzinski presented him to the cheering fans and assured them, "He's alright.''

• Weeden got off to a rocky start in the first team period, but settled down and performed well. He was picked off by Owens on a pass to Gordon down the left sideline, but Gordon may have cut his route short. He later overthrew a wide open Jordan Cameron.

But Weeden found his rhythm in the second and third team periods, hitting Davone Bess with a perfect sideline strike and finding Cameron down the deep right sideline. Weeden got the ball out quickly, made good reads and played fast.

• Trent Richardson played fast and light on his feet. He took the first rep in team drills, a message that he's healthy.

• Practice featured a rumble to the ground, with big bodies tumbling and fists flying. I trained my binoculars on the very bottom of the pile, and there was six-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas, in all his glory.

"He's competitive,'' said Weeden.

"It's training camp,'' said Chudzinski with a smile.

Added D'Qwell Jackson: "I went the other way. There were bodies flying everywhere.''

• The starting guards were John Greco on the left and Shawn Lauvao on the right.

• Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo is still working with the second team behind Jabaal Sheard, and Leon McFadden is working with the second team behind Buster Skrine.

• Benjamin has made great strides from last year. He seldom drops a pass and made a number of nice catches, particularly on out routes.

• T.J. Ward broke up a deep ball from Weeden to Greg Little.

• Several receivers changed numbers: Davone Bess purchased No. 15 from Greg Little, who's now wearing No. 18. Gordon has switched from No. 13 to No. 12, to match the tattoo on his back. He wanted it last year, but Colt McCoy had it.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._medium=twitter

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks, man.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Some very interesting stuff there, thanks for the articles guys. I was very surprised to see Hughes was taking Taylor's place. I thought for sure they would go Rubin at nose and Winn would slide into his spot. Very interesting for a number of reasons.

Chris Owens locking down #2 corner is fantastic news. I really wasnt familiar with the guy but have heard a lot of good things about him.

C
Legend
Legend
C
They probably would like Rubin to get comfy at the position he will be playing on a regular basis before they ask him to switch. Also, Hughes seems like he will be the backup nose tackle so they might as well get him reps there anyway.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Just to clarify: My understanding is that Skrine is starting at #2 but Owens had a good day. The spot isnt locked down by anyone yet, and Skrine seems to be leading.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Mourg, I hear that the new staff thought that Reubin didn't hold his ground enough in the middle. I love Reubin and his motor is off the charts, but he is not the most stout of guys in terms of clogging space. I think Hughes and Kitchen will be the back-up guys at NT---provided Kitchen makes the team.

I think Skrine was starting at CB, but Owens seemed to be involved in a lot of plays. I could be wrong, though.

I also want to mention Gordon. This will probably offend some of you.......but, I couldn't help think about his off season conduct and then him beating Owens deep-----dropping the pass when he was wide open-----and then having to leave practice due to cramps. It's almost like a synopsis of his football career. He has freakish talent, yet he ultimately self destructs and ends up being removed from the field.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm pretty sure I read Rubin dropped like 20+ lbs to play the DE position instead of NT. Once it was noted by the Coaching staff that Taylor was the primary NT I assumed Huges was the back up there.

QB...the coaches talk up competition n uncertainty at the QB position and yet all we read in the reality of it all is that Weeden is with the starters day in and out.

OG competition...Not sure how much of it is a competition...Greco at LG n Lava at RG still. No mention of some round robin type of thing.

Gilkey is the only one with Potential to up root Lava from the starting RG position. I like that kid if he progresses to his potential he could be the heir apparent there. I doubt it would be this year.

Pinkston n Miller are backups.

If Skrine is the starting CB then he has improved greatly. I would like to follow that CB development.

Gordon...I was ready to read that he would be out 2 games due to injury...lol
Glad it was just cramps. Not hydrated or Drinking the night before???

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Weeden, Richardson getting on the same page will be key to season

By Steve Doerschuk
CantonRep.com staff writer
Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:16 AM

You wonder how much last year’s first-round draft picks trust each other.

There’s no direct sign of friction between Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson, but they come from different worlds. That each endured a less-than-fulfilling rookie year is high on the list of what they may have in common.

After one practice — Thursday’s opening day of training camp — they said nice things about each other. So much of everything Browns rides not on whether they make nice, but whether they make wins.

Given the fact the head coach, coordinator, quarterbacks coach and running backs coach are all new, whatever they wind up doing together will be a surprise to some extent.

One of the most interesting plays witnessed by the hundreds of fans squished into the viewing area Thursday may have been some kind of metaphor.

Richardson lined up at tailback. On the snap, Weeden, last year’s No. 23 overall draft pick, spun and fed Richardson, last year’s No. 3 overall pick, an inside handoff.

But wait.

It was a fake. Weeden pulled the ball out of Richardson’s gut and took off running to the right.

Maybe the coaches simply want to put a bug in opposing coaches’ minds as part of schemes to take heat off Richardson. Maybe they’ll actually use the play in games.

Weeden would only say this: “I don’t need to be cutting inside.”

Weeden comes from a wildly successful, pass-happy tenure at Oklahoma State. The Cowboys almost made it to a national title game, which wound up with smash-mouth Alabama, led by its great ball carrier, Richardson.

They didn’t mesh overly well as Browns rookies. If they do now, the Browns could be the NFL’s 2013 surprise team.

Richardson looked frisky in practice after missing much of spring ball with a leg issue. Weeden rocketed the ball all over the yard, seeming to like what the Rob Chudzinski-Norv Turner offense is becoming.

Richardson on the quarterback: “Weeden is a workhorse. I had no problems with him last year. I have no problems with him this year.”

Weeden on the runner: “He’s playing extremely fast. He didn’t miss any assignments.”

Weeden ranked near the bottom of the NFL last year with a 72.6 passer rating. Richardson was down there with the dregs in yards per carry at 3.6.

Weeden won’t talk much about himself, other than to say he is dedicated to improving “in every area.” Richardson is more specific as to personal goals, saying he intends to be “much better” than in an injury-plagued 2012.

Will this year be different for either of them? It needs to be much better for both of them.

Reach Steve at 330-580-8347 web page

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Cleveland Browns receiver David Nelson appears ready to rejoin team, come off PUP list
nelson-td-bills-browns-ap.jpg
Browns fans hope to see David Nelson, pictured here with Buffalo, making similar catches with Cleveland now that he's been medically cleared. (David Duprey / Associated Press)
Tom Reed, The Plain Dealer By Tom Reed, The Plain Dealer
Follow on Twitter
on July 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM, updated July 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

BEREA, Ohio – Browns receiver David Nelson, sidelined for nearly a year with a knee injury, has received medical clearance to start practicing with the team. He announced the news on his Twitter account early Friday morning.

He opened training camp on the active physically unable to perform list, but likely will rejoin practice perhaps as soon as Friday. Nelson tore his right ACL in the season opener last year while a member of the Buffalo Bills.

<--------- CLEARED!!!
— David Nelson (@DavidNelson86) July 26, 2013

The 6-foot-5, 214 pounder should provide a large and dependable target for quarterback Brandon Weeden and offer the Browns more depth at receiver. Operating mostly in the slot, Nelson caught 61 passes for 658 yards and five touchdowns in his last full season with the Bills. Targeted 141 times, he’s dropped just six balls in his pro career, according to ProFootballFocus.com.

Last month, Nelson spoke confidently about his chances of being healthy and ready for training camp. It looks like he might have been off by only one day in that assessment.

© 2013 cleveland.com. All rights reserved.

Looks like he'll be back by today in practice.. Good

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I really thought Nelson was starting to come into his own when he blew his knee out again. I have high hopes for him but he will have a tough time making this roster. Takes time to get back to full strength and we have some young kids that will be working hard to take that spot.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I really thought Nelson was starting to come into his own when he blew his knee out again. I have high hopes for him but he will have a tough time making this roster. Takes time to get back to full strength and we have some young kids that will be working hard to take that spot.

I wish the kid the best..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Some very interesting stuff there, thanks for the articles guys. I was very surprised to see Hughes was taking Taylor's place. I thought for sure they would go Rubin at nose and Winn would slide into his spot. Very interesting for a number of reasons.

Chris Owens locking down #2 corner is fantastic news. I really wasnt familiar with the guy but have heard a lot of good things about him.

well, i dont think owens has really locked down the number 2 cb spot after one day of practice.....im very curious in leon mcfadden

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Browns training camp: Transcript from news conference with coach Rob Chudzinski
By Nate Ulrich Published: July 25, 2013

Browns coach Rob Chudzinski met with reporters today following the full-squad practice of training camp. Here is a transcript from the news conference:

Opening: “Excited to get started. We have everybody back out here. Great first day. Obviously, it’s a process; we have a long way to go and a lot of work to do. You have to take a first step to do that and we took the first step today. It was great to see the fans out here and be around this great group of fans and the great fans that we have that are a part of this franchise; a lot of fun as well.

“A couple guys today as far as we held out just for today: Kellen Davis, he had a slight knee sprain that has developed over the past week; he will be day to day. Not concerned about him. We also had Phil Taylor, who had a calf strain about a week and a half or so ago. He feels good, day to day and I’m not too concerned about that. Then of course, Chris Faulk and David Nelson; we are just evaluating them day by day. Questions?”

On Josh Gordon’s injury, grabbing his leg: “He did. He had a cramp so we will look at him and make sure but I’m not expecting any issues there.”

On Joe Thomas being at the bottom of a pile during a fight: “Joe was in there somewhere. I don’t know if he started at the top and ended at the bottom or not, but I was in the melee there, too. It is training camp, energy is high. I am really pleased with the tempo of practice for these guys to have come back and haven’t worked out over the course of the summer and work out with this kind of tempo is outstanding.”

On whether any Chudzinskis were in the crowd today: “I didn’t see any. I am sure there are some out there. I will be looking after we get done here.”

On whether he ever attended Browns training camp as a fan when younger: “Never here. I went out to when it was at Lakeland one time when I was a little bit older.”

On expecting an upbeat tempo at camp and the regular season: “This is what I am used to. This is the tempo I am used to when practicing. So, this is how it should be on a day-to-day basis.”

On Trent Richardson’s performance today: “We will go in and look at the tape, but it seemed like he didn’t have any issues and looked pretty good out there for the first day. Again, a lot of it is learning. We didn’t have any pads on yet. Another day before the pads go on. I think he caught the ball well and ran the ball and did some good things.”

On Brandon Weeden’s first day: “I think all of the quarterbacks of what I saw as practice went on, it got better and better, all of them.”

On Jim Brown’s message to the team: “Jim is obviously back with the organization and we are all very excited about that, so I asked Jim to talk with the players. He is going to be involved, and what a great resource for them to have. I encouraged them to get to know Jim and be around Jim, the greatest player of all time. Certainly, a lot of what he has done with the community and a lot of experiences he’s had I think can help the players. He just talked about being a professional and being a part of the organization.”

On his excitement for training camp to start: “I think today was the longest day waiting, it seemed like. We had all our guys out there real early. It’s good to get it under our belts and obviously we have a lot of work to do, like I said before.”

On interacting with the fans after practice: “It was awesome. Just looking out and seeing those young faces out there with their Browns jerseys on and knowing how much that meant to me and how much it means to them. Hearing the dog barks and those kind of things. That’s the kind of excitement we want out there at practice and we want to generate. Our fans deserve it and we plan on giving it to them.”

On loud fans: “I love it loud. I love it loud.”
web page

Legend
Legend
If Sheard and Kruger continue to look good the Mingo pick is going to look silly, especially when we could have had Dee Milliner. However I'm not going to even begin to judge the pick until after this season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I have high hopes for him but he will have a tough time making this roster. Takes time to get back to full strength and we have some young kids that will be working hard to take that spot.

Who does he really need to beat out? Behind the core group, other than Roosevelt, there are a bunch of rookies and first year guys. One of those guys will have to blow the coaches away to make the team and squeak in as the 6th WR. My guess is, Norwood and Weeden's buddy Dropper are both on the bubble. Nelson is big, with sure hands, and if he's healthy, he's likely a shoe-in for the 4th or 5th slot behind Gordon, Little & Bess. Benjamin sounds like he's improving, so with his speed, he's solidly in the mix as well, I would think.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
What if Milliner is no good? What if Mingo is Jevon Kearse?

It sounds like you are already judging.

M
Legend
Legend
M
JC

I am sure everyone already knows this but I'll still make this public service announcement, so to speak. There are tons of new videos on the Browns main website recapping training camp day 1. Specifically, a new series call The Two Minute Drill. Most of the stuff is similar to last year's content, but there may be more of it from what I see so far.

Anyways, just thought I would spread the word.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 07/26/13 12:02 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I would imagine Milliner's injury/surgery history more scared them off than anything. They also really liked Mingo, apparently.

I'm good with their approach. The secondary might be brutal this year, but they made a point of addressing the front 7, and they addressed the snot out of it. There's really no reason this front 7 shouldn't be a strength once they get on the same page and dialed into this defense.

Basically, I like the fact that we have a definite strength and a definite weakness vs two ??s. If they address the secondary next offseason the way they addressed the front 7 this season, I'd be fine with that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Opening: “Excited to get started. We have everybody back out here. Great first day. Obviously, it’s a process

Ruh roh, raggy! Pat's Back!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
web page

5 biggest takeaways from 1st camp practice

Posted by Vic Carucci on July 26, 2013 – 12:04 am

By Vic Carucci, Senior Editor
Here are my five biggest takeaways from the first day of practice at Browns training camp:

>>Upbeat tempo. For a first practice, the tempo was remarkably fast. But that’s how coach Rob Chudzinski likes it. He instills a sense of urgency throughout the team, and both the offense and defense functioned that way. The ball generally came out quickly from all three quarterbacks – Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, and Brian Hoyer. The defense also showed quick reaction to running plays and in pass coverage. There wasn’t a whole lot of chatter. That’s not Chud’s way. He likes to move around and observe, allowing his assistant coaches to handle most of the details. Another reason for the fairly quiet approach by Chudzinski and the assistants is that mistakes generally were kept to a minimum and there wasn’t a whole of correcting to do.

>>Weeden rebounded from a slow start. After being off the mark on some early throws, Weeden began looking fairly sharp and consistently connected with his receivers. He had some nice deep passes and also showed good touch on shorter ones. As is the case in Norv Turner’s scheme, Weeden had a wide variety of targets and used them all – from receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little and Travis Benjamin on the outside, to slot receiver Davone Bess and tight end Jordan Cameron in the middle, to running back Trent Richardson out of the backfield. And the routes were usually fairly deep. Very little dink-and-dunk stuff.

>>Trent Richardson ran well. The running back looks noticeably faster than he did last season, when he was bothered by a knee injury in training camp and then a rib problems during the season. He showed no signs of being bothered by the shin strain that kept him out of offseason workouts. He was quick and explosive on the many stretch running plays that were called, as well as on pass routes out of the backfield. And he caught the ball well.

>>Bess just catches everything that comes his way. I don’t know how many times Nathan Zegura, my partner on “Cleveland Browns Daily, Driven by Liberty Ford,” and I said that to each other during practice. As he did during offseason workouts, Bess ran ultra-precise routes and consistently caught the ball. It is easy to envision him having a key role in this offense, despite its emphasis on outside passing. Bess will force defenses to pay attention to him, thus opening things up for the outside receivers.

>>Jabaal Sheard looks natural at outside linebacker. Sheard was a beast at the line of scrimmage – or, at least as much of a beast as a defender can be during a non-contact drill. He got off the ball quickly and was strong in coverage. It’s early, but it seems as if he is more at home standing up in the Browns’ new 3-4 defense than he was putting his hand on the ground as he has done the past two seasons in the 4-3.

Browns is the Browns

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

If Sheard and Kruger continue to look good the Mingo pick is going to look silly, especially when we could have had Dee Milliner. However I'm not going to even begin to judge the pick until after this season.

I agree, if sheard becomes a beast at Lb like i expect him to....then what the hell do we do? his contract will be up soon. So, since banner and lombo cant trade mingo, no matter how good or bad he looks, they will probably trade sheard which will just be dumb. They wont trade kruger either, not after the contract they gave him.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend

Chud Quotes

Post-practice quotes from head coach Rob Chudzinski.

Coach Rob Chudzinski
General: “Excited to get started. We have everybody back out here. Great first day. Obviously, it’s a process; we have a long way to go and a lot of work to do. You have to take a first step to do that and we took the first step today. It was great to see the fans out here and be around this great group of fans and the great fans that we have that are a part of this franchise; a lot of fun as well.
“A couple guys today as far as we held out just for today: Kellen Davis, he had a slight knee sprain that has developed over the past week; he will be day to day. Not concerned about him. We also had Phil Taylor, who had a calf strain about a week and a half or so ago. He feels good, day to day and I’m not too concerned about that. Then of course, Chris Faulk and David Nelson; we are just evaluating them day by day. Questions?”

On Josh Gordon’s injury, grabbing his leg: “He did. He had a cramp so we will look at him and make sure but I’m not expecting any issues there.”

On Joe Thomas being at the bottom of a pile during a fight: “Joe was in there somewhere. I don’t know if he started at the top and ended at the bottom or not, but I was in the melee there, too. It is training camp, energy is high. I am really pleased with the tempo of practice for these guys to have come back and haven’t worked out over the course of the summer and work out with this kind of tempo is outstanding.”

On whether any Chudzinskis were in the crowd today: “I didn’t see any. I am sure there are some out there. I will be looking after we get done here.”

On whether he ever attended Browns training camp as a fan when younger: “Never here. I went out to when it was at Lakeland one time when I was a little bit older.”

On expecting an upbeat tempo at camp and the regular season: “This is what I am used to. This is the tempo I am used to when practicing. So, this is how it should be on a day-to-day basis.”

On Trent Richardson’s performance today: “We will go in and look at the tape, but it seemed like he didn’t have any issues and looked pretty good out there for the first day. Again, a lot of it is learning. We didn’t have any pads on yet. Another day before the pads go on. I think he caught the ball well and ran the ball and did some good things.”

On Brandon Weeden’s first day: “I think all of the quarterbacks of what I saw as practice went on, it got better and better, all of them.”

On Jim Brown’s message to the team: “Jim is obviously back with the organization and we are all very excited about that, so I asked Jim to talk with the players. He is going to be involved, and what a great resource for them to have. I encouraged them to get to know Jim and be around Jim, the greatest player of all time. Certainly, a lot of what he has done with the community and a lot of experiences he’s had I think can help the players. He just talked about being a professional and being a part of the organization.”

On his excitement for training camp to start: “I think today was the longest day waiting, it seemed like. We had all our guys out there real early. It’s good to get it under our belts and obviously we have a lot of work to do, like I said before.”

On interacting with the fans after practice: “It was awesome. Just looking out and seeing those young faces out there with their Browns jerseys on and knowing how much that meant to me and how much it means to them. Hearing the dog barks and those kind of things. That’s the kind of excitement we want out there at practice and we want to generate. Our fans deserve it and we plan on giving it to them.”

On loud fans: “I love it loud. I love it loud.”

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

Player Quotes - 7/25

Post-practice quotes from running back Trent Richardson and quarterback Brandon Weeden.

RB Trent Richardson
On being ready: “Yes, that’s what it looks like. It’s still a long way to go, a long camp to build on day by day working with my teammates and trying to step more into a leader role. I’m getting a lot of advice from D’Qwell (Jackson) and Big Krug (Paul Kruger) out there, Ahtyba Rubin, and of course the great Jim Brown. It’s a pleasure being with these guys out there, especially with Jim Brown present, it’s an honor. It makes me work that much harder for him to just be out there.”

On what Brown was saying to Trent: “I asked him, was he happy to be back, and he said he couldn’t wait to get back to being in the Browns’ presence and being where I need to be. He was telling me that he is going to be on me, and we are going to have our one-on-ones and we are going to have our talks and that our minds need to click together. I said our minds already click together; you don’t have to worry about that. From a standpoint, he is player engagement, but at the same time, I will be getting advice from him because he is the best of all time and there is no question about it.”

On physically being better than last year: “No surgeries before the season. I don’t plan on having one this year. It’s on the uprise right now. I’m taking one step at a time, like I said earlier. I just love it right now; there is nothing like football shape and it’s a long way to go. I still have to work hard so I can play all four quarters and I want to be in the best shape I can be when it comes September.”

On Jim Brown saying that he isn’t ordinary: “It’s still a lot I’ve got to prove, first to the fans and my teammates, to the NFL word. I still have done what I think I can do and what my mind is set to. It’s big to hear that from him, but at the same time I’m not going to let my head get big. I still have a lot to prove, to my Browns fans, to people back at home and to everybody.”

On how much better this offense can be than last year: “I don’t like to do comparisons, but I feel like we can get way better. It’s one day at a time. We have to do the right things and stay on the right road, and make sure we take the small steps. A lot of small steps will lead to big steps, and I think we can be successful and end up winning a lot of games this year, as long as we do what we’ve got to do.”

On Brandon Weeden: “Brandon is a work horse. I had no problem with him last year and I have no problem with him this year. All the guys are comfortable with him. Brandon is trusting us and he’s trusting himself. He’s making throws and he’s making corrections, and that first year was our first year, and we’ve put that behind us. We’re not going to look back at that. This year is a whole nother year. Brandon is fresh and he’s got his arm going and he’s battling at the same time. Jason (Campbell) is out there and both of the guys are out there battling at the same time. At the same time, I think Brandon will be in the best shape when it comes September.”

QB Brandon Weeden
On the fight at practice: “Yes, there is a lot of adrenaline out there. This sport is so competitive, we don’t even have pads on yet and guys are competing, which is what you want to see. A little bit of that is good. If it gets out of control, I don’t think Chud will like that very much but it broke up fast, and it’s just part of the sport.”

On Day 1: “Overall for Day 1 I thought we looked pretty good. We started a little bit slow and then we picked it up and finished strong. Overall I think guys were playing fast. There weren’t too many missed assignments. I think guys were lining up right, our motions were right, we were playing fast and we didn’t have any delay-of-game penalties. We were moving around and maneuvering really well. Overall, I believe we looked pretty good.”

On learning the team was being sold last year: “This year this team has so much steam going forward. We are worried about the next day. We are not worried about what everybody is saying about us. We are worried about each day and getting better. I know that sounds cliché but if you approach it any other way then it’s tough. We try to keep the outside distractions at a minimum. The guys in that locker room are dialed in to getting better as a team, as a family and moving on.”

On where that forward steam originates: “I think it comes from last year. I think we feel like we were better than our record indicated last year. We’re a good football team. I am excited about the guys in our locker room and we are chomping at the bit to get started again. This is what we do; this is our living. When you take some time off that first day or that first week, there is a little more adrenaline, guys are flying around and there is a lot of excitement right now.”

On Trent Richardson looking different: “Trent looked great. Trent looked good. For sitting all time, he didn’t have any missed assignments, he was playing extremely fast, and I thought he looked great. Trent is a big asset for this football team, not only for this offense, but for this entire football team. It’s nice to have him back out there.”

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I agree, if sheard becomes a beast at Lb like i expect him to....then what the hell do we do? his contract will be up soon. So, since banner and lombo cant trade mingo, no matter how good or bad he looks, they will probably trade sheard which will just be dumb. They wont trade kruger either, not after the contract they gave him.

There is no such thing as having too many great pass rushers.

If Mingo, Sheard, and Kruger all play extremely well, then all of them will play. Kruger will probably see some time at DE anyway

Man what a great "problem" that would be. Gee, we have too many talented pass rushers. Whatever will we do?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

wow,, the season hasn't started yet, we got one practice under our belt and already the doom and gloom

Last edited by Damanshot; 07/26/13 06:32 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Whats new

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Whats new

Apparently, nothing

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for posting the updates.

Quote:

Browns training camp: Transcript from news conference with coach Rob Chudzinski
By Nate Ulrich Published: July 25, 2013

This article does sound like a fluff piece to me, but the one thing I do like is the tempo factor. I am a big believer in practicing fast. Moving fast. Up tempo all the time. I didn't want Kelly to come here at first, but after doing some research, I loved how he ran up-tempo practices. I think it matters.

I am so happy that Chud has the same approach. This up-tempo approach is huge in close games. It's huge in the heat. It's huge at the end of halves and games. Glad to hear it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why is it every time we get a good to great player, somebody wants to trade or ship out somebody else? If any thing Horton will find a way to use all three. If Sheard plays well he will be extended, why would you try to trade him? Yeah that's the ticket, lets trade them all and start over

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow,, the season hasn't started yet, we got one practice under our belt and already the doom and gloom

I wouldnt consider that doom and gloom at all.......just an opinion

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Thank you for opening this post those of us that live in gods country dont get to see whats going on at camp.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
thank you for update let me know if you need a fishing report.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not concerned about that. I just worry about trotting out guys like Chris freaking Owens out at #2 CB. You can never have too many good players, but you'd like to have them at other positions.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Training Camp Stuff 2013

Link Copied to Clipboard