Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I'll put this out to the board...

Has anyone met Vers? Because its easy to proclaim on a message board that you're a professional scout. But by the quality of your posts I simply know that isn't true.

If you don't know that DA's best work came throwing the seam route then it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

I find it sad that you maintain a fraudulent identity to attempt to talk down to people.

Any long time posters want to speak up on behalf of meeting Vers and validating his story?

Held...I've never met Vers...

He's claiming to be a "professional scout" ?...didn't know that, either !

I'm not claiming to know this guy, Vers...but I will say, this message board has been "had" before...anyone remember Coach 'B' ?

Why would a "professional football scout" spend hours everyday, on a message board?

I don't have the answers, but maybe they deserve an answer.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
ddubia Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I don't have the answers, but maybe they deserve an answer.

You guys crack me up.

I've never met Vers personally either. But I do know that he's been involved in football for many years in his past. No longer I assume. But he has more football knowledge than 99.99% of this board. And 1000% more than you mac.

Besides, what's the difference anyway on whether or not someone has football experience? I don't have any, just a keen interest to learn everything I can, especially where it concerns the Browns.

You read the posts with an open mind and decide if they make sense. If not debate if you wish or move on. That's something that's very hard to do if you're focused on a personality.

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
Seriously, some of these guys thrive on drama. I haven't met Vers, but I know people who have. He also doesn't strike me as a liar. A bit antagonistic and full of himself, yes, but not a liar.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He also doesn't strike me as a liar

I have known vers on the board(s) for approx 6 years, and do not believe for one moment that he is a "liar". Totally unfounded. Also, he has never claimed to be a "professional" scout...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'll put this out to the board...

Has anyone met Vers? Because its easy to proclaim on a message board that you're a professional scout. But by the quality of your posts I simply know that isn't true.

If you don't know that DA's best work came throwing the seam route then it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

I find it sad that you maintain a fraudulent identity to attempt to talk down to people.

Any long time posters want to speak up on behalf of meeting Vers and validating his story?

Coach V?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c
This is the pure football forum, right? There nothing further from pure football that this type of personalized BS. Same is true when people rip MAC on an overly personal basis. I don't know either of these guys other than what they write on here.

Honestly, the refs ought to do something to squelch this.

I really detest unfairness. It seems obviously unfair to suggest that Ver's claims to be or have been a "professional scout". Using that wording implies that he's claimed to scout at the professional level. I am not aware that he's ever said that. He has said he has experience as a scout. For which he may have been paid, I don't know that but even if he was never compensated for scouting if he was officially designated as a scout that would qualify him for working in a professional capacity as a scout. That's quite likely.

Bottom line is, if everyone including Vers and the people he's rubbed the wrong way resisted the tendency to get so venomous when they disagree the football on this board would be pure-er.

Last edited by guard dawg; 07/28/13 01:01 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

I never said anything about DA and the seam route. I questioned you because you said he couldn't make good throws on the curl and a couple of other stupid things.

Are you one of those people that feel the need to get others to gang up on one person if that person doesn't agree w/you? I never said I scouted for the pros. I really could care less what you freaking believe. Don't read my posts if you think I am such a fraud. At least I'll be spared from reading your character assassinations.

This is another case of switching the argument to a poster rather than the subject at hand. I do think that the new regime is very focused on what they want to get done. I think they will have the fortitude to see the plan through........and that is the biggest difference between them and other regimes. I think the days of blowing things up every couple of years are over. Thank God!

Thank you. I'm happy to see that you've owned up to not being a paid scout. It takes some intestinal fortitude to do so and I commend you for that. Nice job.

I hope this will put an end to talking down to posters who disagree with you. You typically start with the "did you even watch the game?" followed by the "you don't know what the heck you're talking about" followed by the "I was employed for my football knowledge were you?" And I really hope that that's the last of that. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say it is now. I trust it is so.

As to my post...you made mention of a hyper-specific example of an "18 yard curl" as what DA did best. What I was saying was curl routes were never much of a strength of his compared to the rest of the league and I would think most people could recognize that the seam route was by far his best throw. Nothing more.

The days of the I'm an "ex-player", "ex-coach" and "ex-scout" are hopefully officially done.

I'm ready to getting back to Pure Football.

Thank you Vers!

....one thing more....I saw a post where someone used "Coach V". Please let's not go there. Vers probably doesn't need any more piling on right now and has owned up properly. Let's all move forward from here.

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are unreal. Quit twisting my words around. I did get paid to scout. Two years. But, it was for a collegiate service. We scouted high school players. I NEVER said I scouted for the pros. I also coached for years. But, it's been a decade since I have done either. I rarely bring it up. You bring it up more than I do. You misinterpret almost everything I say. You make the thread about me rather than what it was intended to be. Why? Because you can't handle people having a differing opinion than you. I have asked you nicely to stop spreading lies about me. You apparently are refusing to do so. What recourse do I have? The refs won't touch you. You are in w/the in crowd here. A lawsuit for public slander? What? I'm telling you.............stop telling lies about me.

To those of you who defended me. I appreciate you having my back, but I would rather not talk about me. This thread is supposed to be about Banner is committed to building the team the right way. I believe he is. Have you noticed that the topic of discussion is far from what it is supposed to be? Ask yourself why that is.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

. Have you noticed that the topic of discussion is far from what it is supposed to be? Ask yourself why that is.

oooh,oooh I Know I know....

"what is posters spend more time worrying about being right than being objective?"

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And as far as personal attacks, obstensively on Vers at this moment...

I could give a rat's A** what someone did in the past... Look at us over the past 14 years, hell if that is what professional scouts come up as talent than who cares if someone professes to be a pro scout or not... I could do as well.

AND Vers has never used that in our "discussions" in the past and we have had some good ones.

there are a few things I learned about him though,

he is opininated.

He will not back down, especially if he thinks he is right.

When wrong he admits it

When right he expects you to do the same.

He can be condescending.

He can be very supportive.

He really doesnt give a crap what I or anyone else thinks about him.

I'd like to have a couple shots of tequila with him, and EO, and Spirit, and Pit and Held and BB32 and BTTB, and anyone else for that matter ..

#gmstrong

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I'd like to have a couple shots of tequila with him, and EO, and Spirit, and Pit and Held and BB32 and BTTB, and anyone else for that matter ..

Lol, tequila and opinionated Brown's fans may not be a good mixing combo!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

I met Vers...2003 our First Monday nite football game vs. Rams. We did shots together and talked at length.

yeah hes is about 5'2" 120 lbs and looked like Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor... just kidding!

Impossible to validate his story as you say...btw I don't ever remember Vers stating he was a "PROFESSIONAL SCOUT" - I won't go into detail but Vers has a lot of recognition and respect from the OHIO HS football Hot Bed area...One such coach moved on to College Football and respected Vers enough to ask him to keep a tab on the Elite Schools QB Prospects. Ergo scouting.

I'm sure this is true even though I have no way to validate it. I have no 100% knowledge of his Coaching Resume but when I met him he did not OVER STATE his history - I mean if you are going to make stuff up you might as well go for some big time stuff...he did not so I did come away with the sense that he was true blue. Man almost 10 years...I've learned so much football since then including coaching. I hope I keep on learning till the day I die!

Let's just say - He ain't no Coach B...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Easily the most twisted post I have ever read.....

You make up lies then commend Vers for owning up to what? your lies.

And shame on some of the members of this board for playing along with this lie...

I never really liked this board because its a click more so then a football forum. Your post is an example of exactly that you lie and your click swears to it. Good for you and good for those that played along. You have proven you have no integrity or class............

Vers on behalf of those that know better and that have enough class to call this guy for the lies he has told please except my apologies......

Obviously neither of us will be asked to join the click, oh well.......

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

yeah hes is about 5'2" 120 lbs and looked like Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor... just kidding!

So vers is Banner's brother?...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

My point wasn't to build DA up...........sheesh.

I am saying that Weeden hasn't shown us anything to inspire so much confidence. I can't fathom how you guys are saying he is more accurate. He was all over the place w/his throws.

I think the accuracy thing comes from Weeden begin better at knowing how to change speeds... he doesn't throw an 8 yard slant with the same velocity as a 20 yard out like DA did... so I guess you would say that he throws a more catchable ball... and his dump offs are more accurate. On his down the field throws though, I would agree that Weeden hasn't done a lot to distinguish himself from DA in that regard.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Lol, tequila and opinionated Brown's fans may not be a good mixing combo!

LOL. You maybe right.

When I lived in Richmond Va, I would invite 10-15 redskin fans and the same number of Cowboy fans to watch the game... great fun, a few fights mostly baseball fights, pushing and name calling.. what a hoot. Got a few things broken but nothing serious.

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree with that. I feel like they both have trouble getting a feel for how much "arc" they need to put on their throws. In DA's case, it was none...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

....I never really liked this board ...

Well, it certainly is "tamer" than the old Browns board and friendlier also. Speaking of the Browns board, are they ever going to get it back and running (not that I would ever likely return as I have my thoughts on that subject and probably should keep them to myself)?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Quote:

....I never really liked this board ...

Well, it certainly is "tamer" than the old Browns board and friendlier also. Speaking of the Browns board, are they ever going to get it back and running (not that I would ever likely return as I have my thoughts on that subject and probably should keep them to myself)?

Yeah it's funny. "We predict we'll be down for a week, two weeks maybe" - it's been what, two months now or something? I am glad I took the initiative and signed up here instead of waiting on them.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

Quote:

My point wasn't to build DA up...........sheesh.

I am saying that Weeden hasn't shown us anything to inspire so much confidence. I can't fathom how you guys are saying he is more accurate. He was all over the place w/his throws.

I think the accuracy thing comes from Weeden begin better at knowing how to change speeds... he doesn't throw an 8 yard slant with the same velocity as a 20 yard out like DA did... so I guess you would say that he throws a more catchable ball... and his dump offs are more accurate. On his down the field throws though, I would agree that Weeden hasn't done a lot to distinguish himself from DA in that regard.

Not to say you are wrong, but I remember people saying that Quinn threw a more "catchable" ball than Anderson did. I thought it sounded good at the time, but it obviously did not work out.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Good ole' check-down Quinn... don't miss watching him play behind center one bit.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Committed to Building the Right Way

Link Copied to Clipboard