Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nice. More browns coverage is always a good thing.

Browns, STO cut deal for cable programming - Sports Media - Ohio
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/sports-media/o...amming-1.417772

The Cleveland Browns and Fox/SportsTime Ohio signed on the bottom line Thursday making their cable marriage official with a multi-year deal.

The deal includes:

Training Camp Daily - In this 30-minute show, shot from the sidelines of the practice field in Berea, the team of experts interviews players, covers rosters decisions, provides injury updates, reports position battles and discusses the upcoming season.

Browns Preseason Game Replays - The network will replay the Browns’ four preseason games.

Sunday Strategy - This 30-minute roundtable discussion moves from topic to topic, previewing the Browns next game and discussing the opponent.

Browns Red Zone - This call-in show gives fans the opportunity to talk Browns with the area’s most knowledgeable analysts.

Coach’s Show - This program in development will feature Browns Head Coach Rob Chudzinski, giving fans an inside look at his coaching style, decisions and team culture.

Player Profiles and Programming Specials - These programs in development will highlight the inside access and exclusive nature of the television partnership.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
This is really great news. Some media respect and ongoing coverage would be welcome here in the SE part of Ohio. Hope they do a stupendous job of this. Thanks for the heads up, YTown!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
S
Legend
Legend
S
The coach's show might be pretty cool. Training Camp Daily is just horrible. I really think people only watch because they haven't seen football type stuff on tv since the draft.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Even with the itch for football, I still can't find myself to watch the Training Camp Daily show. Sucks and sucks bad...

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Even with the itch for football, I still can't find myself to watch the Training Camp Daily show. Sucks and sucks bad...

I love Jim Donovan, but he can only do so much to cover up how crappy Andre Knott and Tony Grossi are.

It's just so predictable and boring. "Oh hey here's an interview with so and so player"

"Oh yeah we're having a good training camp, blah blah blah, I can't wait for the season to start, blah blah blah, I really think we have a chance this year, blah blah blah"

D
Legend
Legend
D
Honestly, I got no qualms with Grossi and FOR SURE no qualms with Jim - however, I am not sure how Andre landed a public media job. He does such a horrid job it's really beyond me.

I'd rather listen to Mary Kay talk than him, and that's a very low blow lol

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I love Jim Donovan, but he can only do so much to cover up how crappy Andre Knott and Tony Grossi are.

It's just so predictable and boring. "Oh hey here's an interview with so and so player"

"Oh yeah we're having a good training camp, blah blah blah, I can't wait for the season to start, blah blah blah, I really think we have a chance this year, blah blah blah"

Well, what do you want them to say?

"Gee, I suspect that we'll suck again, and I am really looking forward to winning 5 games yet again this season"?

I wish they would show more footage of camp, even if it's just highlights. They could still have their "expert commentary" while we are watching video of specific drills and/or scrimmage type plays. I would prefer to see what's happening, as opposed to just hearing the commentators talk about it ...... without much detail.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I want D'Qwell to butcher Ben Roethliburger's name again.

I don't really want them to say anything. I think athlete interviews are horrible. For every good radio or tv interview with a pro athlete (who is still playing) there are 300 preditable, coached-up interviews.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Overall I just want to see more footage of the team practicing. However, I can deal with a player interview here or there. Sometimes a little nugget comes out of even the most predictable interview. That said, I still want to see more raw footage of the team in action.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Everybody on that channel is pretty horrible, aside from Jimmy Hanlan (based on the limited time I've seen his show). Drennen is a joke, Chuck just screams and waits for the caller to stop talking so he can make his next point, Donovan seems so fake, Mary Kay is atrocious and seems fake, Doug Dieken seems like he probably gets confused about how to tie his shoes in the morning, and Grossi has stupid opinions on just about everything discussed. You get my point. Plus, the people who call in on all of the shows seem to not have any knowledge of what they're calling about, they're painful to listen to. Literally, almost every call from a viewer is cringeworthy.

Unfortunately, this is the channel for Browns news that I have to go to.

S
Legend
Legend
S
The prank callers who troll are comedic gold though.

I dunno about anyone else, but I live for post game call-in shows when the Browns lose, it actually makes me feel better listening to the boneheads who call in to give their take less than an hour after the game. 24 Karat comedic gold.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

The prank callers who troll are comedic gold though.

I dunno about anyone else, but I live for post game call-in shows when the Browns lose, it actually makes me feel better listening to the boneheads who call in to give their take less than an hour after the game. 24 Karat comedic gold.

There's a hilarious video on YouTube of a prank caller who called into one of the Browns preview shows with Grossi, Donovan, and Dieken late last season. It's probably inappropriate to post here but all three of those guys were cracking up.

It does seem like those shows definitely cater to the casual football fans though.

Legend
Legend
HAHA I forgot about that video!! I remember watching it live and being completely stunned. Classic.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

HAHA I forgot about that video!! I remember watching it live and being completely stunned. Classic.

Lol. That one and the lady that accused Mary Kay of sleeping with DA were classics.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
This is great.. STO is a pretty good station.

If I'm not mistaken,, wasn't butch davis the last HC to have a weekly show. or was it Chris Palmer?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I love the Browns Red Zone and Post game stuff. That is pretty good. Also, Drennan is the best thing they have on the station. He vents and tells it like it is most of the time. In addition any sportscaster who seems like he can relate to what the fans are going through is automatically better than about 3/4 of the people on the air right now.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As an fyi. "THE BROWNS RED ZONE" show starts this Thurs (9-5-13) at 8p.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

For every good radio or tv interview with a pro athlete (who is still playing) there are 300 preditable, coached-up interviews.

Agreed.

One of my fave athletes in an interview was Jim McMahon. Clever, edgy and unpredictable. Waaay more interesting than most.

jmo

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Same here. Sadly, I just saw him in a different type of interview. He's now in the early stages of dementia, which some feel is related to his concussions.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
yup.

Heartbreaking, really.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Same here. Sadly, I just saw him in a different type of interview. He's now in the early stages of dementia, which some feel is related to his concussions.

Yet we still have athletes saying that they would try their best to hide a concussion in order to go back into a game ...... and who would rather take multiple concussions than a lower leg injury.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Yet we still have athletes saying that they would try their best to hide a concussion in order to go back into a game ...... and who would rather take multiple concussions than a lower leg injury.

Isn't that nuts....

I didn't know about Jim McMahon.. that bad huh? Man, he was a superbowl winning QB less than 30 years ago.. Didn't he come to Cleveland for a short time?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I seem to recall that he did, bu he never played for us.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just a head's up on Browns shows tonight (Thursday) .....

Tomorrow at 7:30 PM on STO is "Sunday Strategy". (Repeats at 11PM)

At 8:00 PM is "Browns Red Zone". (Repeats Friday morning at 6AM)

At 10 PM is "Cleveland Browns Insider with Chud". (Repeats at 11:30PM)

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Havent been to Happy with STO coverage of the Browns so far...

Yes I know Indians baseball takes up alot of the time slots in the evening and rightfully so, it's baseball season and the tribe is doing great, but there is alot of other time slots other than 10:00 pm or 11;00 pm to show Browns news, some of us have to get up early and work, were dead tired around 9:00 pm or 9:30 and cant stay up that late to watch.

Now to say there is no other time slots availible is not true, we dont have to watch reruns of jimmy Hamlin golf world or poker challanges - advertising product infomercals...Give us some Browns....

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns STO Agree on Browns Programming

Link Copied to Clipboard