TE: Cameron, Barnidge, Davis
OL: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Gilkey, Schwartz, Lauvao, Pinkston, Butler

DL: Rubin, Taylor, D. Bryant, A. Bryant, Hughes, Winn, Kitchen
OLB: Sheard, Kruger, Mingo, Groves, Cole
ILB: DQ, Robertson, Staples, Fort
CB: Haden, Skrine, Owens, McFadden, Auguste
S: Ward, Gipson, Bademosi, Slaughter, Josh Aubrey

ST: Bogotay, Conley, Yount

With Gordon suspended the first two games...there are a few players I would give the thought to be who would be the keeper for said 2 weeks:

My thoughts...
Sanford: He is the toughest cut I had...8 DL is too much, 7 is almost too much, but thats the way it would be
Marecic: He does play special teams...but brings so little on offense, I dont see him staying
Josh Cooper...the most likely keeper as he would push Norwood and the others for two games to stay on the roster.

8 PS:
Miguel Maysonet
Dominique Croom
Brad Smelley
Braxston Cave
Dave Kruger
Nicolas Jean-Baptiste
Tommy Smith
Another team's cast off CB...or Kenronte Walker. but I think we want a CB
*Chris Faulk (could just go on IR to protect him and make it useful for him...or PUP since he has not practiced yet...but I think we make moves to keep him)

What do you think? Who is your 53, or what changes would you make or what...

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Good list.

Assuming the guy that takes Gordon's spot goes nuts, who goes out after Gordon comes back?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Looks like as good a list as any at this point.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wonder if we end up putting Nelson on the PUP list and keeping Roberson?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Hardest comes back by preseason game 3 and takes TR's backup spot, with Lewis as 3rd down back. The rest looks reasonable now but there is a lot of football before the real football starts...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
If a player practices they can't go on the PUP list.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yep. The mid season IR remains an option though ..... but I doubt they would use that on Nelson. I think that he has to either get healthy, or he'll go on IR.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Roosevelt will make the team over Roberson, IMO.

Might even make it over Nelson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

that's going to be so confusing on game day... esp if you are listening to the radio. Robertson forces the fumble picks it up and runs down the sideline to score a td and the following driver Roberson hauls in an 18 yard catch for the TD.

I guarantee some media guy will mess it up at some point this year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's going to be so confusing on game day... esp if you are listening to the radio. Robertson forces the fumble picks it up and runs down the sideline to score a td and the following driver Roberson hauls in an 18 yard catch for the TD.

I guarantee some media guy will mess it up at some point this year.

Well if that's the context for confusing their names, I'm all for it!

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

This^ Roosevelt making it past Cooper, Norwood & Nelson is my surprise 53 man pick.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Naaman is a great guy. He went to University of Buffalo and played for the Bills while I lived in Buffalo. He's a great guy and I wish him the best, he has good hands and he has a big body. The big knock on him is that he doesnt get good separation, which nullifies what is good about him.

He is a special teams beast however. He could make it...I just get this feeling like guys like Croom, Roberson, or even Edwards can do what he does just as good. In all his years in Buffalo I never saw him make a grab like Croom did against STL.

He has the hard work, and the versatility to make it happen though, and I wouldnt be disappointed in the least, but he doesnt bring that much on the offensive side. He brings some, but he isnt a big threat.

As for Nelson...The Browns knew from the start that he wasnt going to be healthy at the beginning of the season. Him coming off the PUP early was a boost for him. I think theyre doing the same thing with him that theyre doing with Trent. He is a guy who has had injuries and theyre taking care of him. I dont know for sure...but thats my guess. I think they know what Nelson can do, and he brings a dimension to the game that no other WR on the roster brings...that gives him an inside track. I think we'll see him in 1 preseason game. We'll put a focus on getting him the ball a couple times, especially in the red zone, and if he does well he'll come out and we wont see him again.

It has to start somehow
Legend
Legend
Surprise Keepers.. man I gotta tell you, I don't have a clue yet.

Surprise cuts, I wouldn't have said this a few days ago, but I just saw a ticker go across the screen on Channel 3 indicating that Hardesty is injured more seriously than originally thought. Now, I'm thinking like Vers, he may be gone.

Kinda sorry to see that, he showed flashes when healthy. kinda feel for the kid.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
We had Nelson placed on some precursor PUP LIST prior to training camp...what does that mean cause I think I heard the PUP List is an option for NELSON...if so I agree w/Vers if not he can be a cut.

I would rather carry another CB Wade than Hoyer...really this is one of the first years I'm ok with us carrying 2 QBs.

OL n DL I think were spot on.

Not sure about HALL at OLB all depends on his ST play same with Bademosi if he doesn't make ST extraordinaire he could be gone due to the play of Aubrey.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Nelson was activated from the preseason PUP, and took part in team activities. (practices) Once he did that he became ineligible for the regular season PUP.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

Yep. The mid season IR remains an option though ..... but I doubt they would use that on Nelson. I think that he has to either get healthy, or he'll go on IR.

Alright guys. Thanks for the knowledge. I don't know much about that stuff. Appreciate it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, I am on a roll here. LOL

I might have gotten them confused. The guy I am thinking about is the guy who made some catches in the preseason game and Bernie said he has been good on the outside routes all of TC, but needs to improve on the inside routes.

Which guy was that? Roosevelt or Roberson? But, that was the guy who I thought showed some potential.

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
That was Roberson 83,
Roosevelt is 85 and he returned a kick pretty well in the 2nd half.

It has to start somehow
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
QB: Weeden, Campbell
RB: Richardson, Lewis, Jackson, Cook
FB: Ogbonnaya
WR: Little, Gordon, Bess, Benjamin, Nelson, Cooper/Tori Gurley
TE: Cameron, Barnidge, Davis, Smelley
OL: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Cousins, Schwartz, Lauvao, Pinkston, Gilkey

DL: Rubin, Taylor, D. Bryant, A. Bryant, Hughes, Winn, Kitchen, Sanford
OLB: Sheard, Kruger, Mingo, Groves
ILB: DQ, Robertson, Cole, Fort

ST: Graham, Schmidt, Yount

8 PS:
Miguel Maysonet
Dominique Croom
Braxston Cave
Nicolas Jean-Baptiste
Abdul Kanneh
Justin Staples
Tori Gurley/Jamaine Cook
Cast off QB from another team

Thoughts...

Jamaine Cook could easily be taken off...but I have a feeling that they'll try and work him slowly into that role of scat back. I feel like the staff fell in love with the idea, and Cook looked pretty quick and didn't go down on first contact very often in his limited preseason action.

It has to start somehow
Legend
Legend
Just wondering if you think Hoyer helped his chances at all last night? I would love to keep only two QB's ... but I'm not sure we would. Also, I can't see Cook sticking ... he's a dime a dozen type guy IMO.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just wondering if you think Hoyer helped his chances at all last night? I would love to keep only two QB's ... but I'm not sure we would. Also, I can't see Cook sticking ... he's a dime a dozen type guy IMO.

JMO, but Hoyer showed a little something last night. (yes, against second teamers, but remember, he was WITH second teamers so pehaps it balances out)

I don't see Cook sticking, I don't see Badamosi sticking sorry to say. Sanford will be gone and I think they'll find a way to keep Kitchen and Armonty and there is one other Dlineman I think they'll keep but his name escapes me at the moment.

And I just haven't paid enough attention to other teams so who knows who they'll grab from other teams.. So this could get switched up in a hurry

I don't remember a time where we had such riches on the Dline. What a wealth of talent.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't see Badamosi sticking...

I certainly hope you are wrong. In the very limited time he played last season, I thought he did very well at CB. This could be a major mistake to let him walk...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

QB: Weeden, Campbell
RB: Richardson, Lewis, Jackson, Cook
FB: Ogbonnaya
WR: Little, Gordon, Bess, Benjamin, Nelson, Cooper/Tori Gurley
TE: Cameron, Barnidge, Davis, Smelley
OL: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Cousins, Schwartz, Lauvao, Pinkston, Gilkey

DL: Rubin, Taylor, D. Bryant, A. Bryant, Hughes, Winn, Kitchen, Sanford
OLB: Sheard, Kruger, Mingo, Groves
ILB: DQ, Robertson, Cole, Fort

ST: Graham, Schmidt, Yount

8 PS:
Miguel Maysonet
Dominique Croom
Braxston Cave
Nicolas Jean-Baptiste
Abdul Kanneh
Justin Staples
Tori Gurley/Jamaine Cook
Cast off QB from another team

Thoughts...

Jamaine Cook could easily be taken off...but I have a feeling that they'll try and work him slowly into that role of scat back. I feel like the staff fell in love with the idea, and Cook looked pretty quick and didn't go down on first contact very often in his limited preseason action.

Counting your Cooper/Tori Gurley as 1 player I'm counting 54 players? Or am I missing something to do with Gordon as per his suspension.

8 DL is a bit much but after seeing Sanford..........how doesn't he make the final 53? In last nights Bears game he was in the backfield quicker than the O backfield was in their own backfield.

Cooper imo looker terrific last week.........vs Colts.
Gurley looked like he had it together.........vs Bears.
Nelson hmmm/showed a tad of rust...........vs Bears.
Tough call on these 3.

Lewis still at RB? Isn't he done or? Since I read here every 2-3 days I prolly missed something.

Imo we'll keep Hoyer.........or, it's what I've understood from Chud? Seems to be "Lombardi's Boy" as well.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
One other thought to add....

I feel as though Paul Hazel could stick somewhere...prolly in lieu of Jamaine Cook if he does

It has to start somehow
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
I just haven't seen much out of Hoyer to this point...Our offense hasn't been good with him at the helm as we were terrible at scoring points in the 2nd half of games this preseason.

Moreso I see the reason they could roll with two QBs is that Weeden and Campbell is a very solid 1-2. Most teams want a 3rd developmental guy,...but that guy I think should sit on the PS. That kind of player. Hoyer seems like a luxury, and we don't have room for it.

I did keep 54 because Gordon wont count towards the roster the first two weeks.

Looking at the way things have gone...I don't see how we can leave Sanford off. If we cut Sanford and keep guys like Armonty Bryant and Hughes, Winn, and Kitchen...you have to keep Sanford...If they commit to Hughes as a NT (since he's 330) you could make Kitchen expendable...but I would just see them keeping 8...I know its a lot, but its a great way to keep guys fresh. Plus I would see Armonty being a gameday inactive.

Dion Lewis was put on IR so he wont count towards the 53 either.

Those 3 WRs...It's hard to say. I think Nelson makes it because of his experience in the NFL that what he's shown doesn't really matter...Only way that changes is if Gurley has shown the staff that he can do what Nelson was brought in for...Gurley is 6'4 230...that's what Nelson basically brings. If Gurley brings that and any more...He could stay over Nelson...but...that's a tough call to make because Nelson has done it in the past.

It has to start somehow
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I certainly hope you are wrong. In the very limited time he played last season, I thought he did very well at CB. This could be a major mistake to let him walk...

Oh I agree.. I don't want him gone at all.. I just have a feeling he is. I guess we'll find out tomorrow night right?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Nelson makes your 53? Why, may I ask?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh I agree.. I don't want him gone at all.. I just have a feeling he is. I guess we'll find out tomorrow night right?

Not a chance. He's great on special teams, and can cover a receiver in the slot. He's the backup at both Safety spots. He's still learning those positions as well. .

I think that much of this team is already set.

Off the top of my head, I think that we'll look something lie this:

P: Lanning 1
K: Graham 1
LS: Yount 1

QB: Weeden, Campbell, Hoyer 3
FB: Ogbonnaya 1
RB: Richardson, Jackson, Cook (?.. Though probably someone else not yet on the roster) 3
TE: Cameron, Barnidge, Davis, Smelley (?) 4
OL: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Cousins, Schwartz, Pinkston, Lauvao, Gilkey (?) 8
WR: Little, Gordon (suspended list) Benjamin, Bess, Cooper, Nelson 6 (5 with Gordon’s suspension, and we could keep one more here, maybe)

DL: D. Bryant, Rubin, Taylor, Winn. Hughes, Kitchen, A Bryant 7
LB: Kruger, Sheard, Mingo, Groves, DQ, Robertson, Fort, Carder 8
DB: Haden, McFadden, Owens, Skrine, Ward, Gipson, Bademosi, Aubry, Kanneh 9

Puts us at 51. Add 1 more OLB? We may look at a veteran T to replace Gilkey until the 2 injured guys get back. Smelley might be another guy who shouldn’t get too comfortable. I think that Carder solidified a spot for himself last night. I think that we'll look for one more pass rushing OLB in the cuts, but possibly A Bryant takes that spot. I do see A Bryant making the team, simply because he'd never clear waivers.

Legend
Legend
That's reasonable..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
With both Pinkston and Lauvao out for 3+ weeks, there is no way we only go with 8 OLine, meaning we would only have 6 healthy bodies those first few weeks.

We need 7-8 healthy OLine minimum on game day, so we'll have to carry 9-10 total on the final 53 unless we're sending Pinky/Lava to the IR to free up a spot.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
We generally keep 7 OL active on gamedays, so who knows? We probably will have 9 total to start the season.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Those 3 WRs...It's hard to say. I think Nelson makes it because of his experience in the NFL that what he's shown doesn't really matter...

But that experience doesn't matter if he doesn't WANT to play, and i saw a lot of "dont really want to" in his attitude last night.

i like him better on the IR and he can play next year, when he has confidence.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
Legend
Legend
j/c
Here is what one sports writer predicts..

Predicting Browns' 53-man roster with cuts on horizon
By Nate Ulrich Published: August 30, 2013

After enduring the grind of training camp and four preseason games, the Browns will cut their roster from 75 players to 53 this weekend.

All NFL teams are required to trim to 53 players by 6 p.m. Saturday.

But it’s important to remember that the rosters released Saturday night are not final. They will change more in the following days as teams scour the waiver wire and pick up players who were cut throughout the league.

With that in mind, here are my predictions for the Browns’ initial 53-man roster:

OFFENSE

Quarterbacks

Number kept: Three.

On the team: Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer.

Cut: None.

Comment: Campbell maintains his spot as Weeden’s primary backup heading into the regular season.

Wide receivers

Number kept: Five.

On the team: Greg Little, Davone Bess, Travis Benjamin, David Nelson and Josh Cooper.

On the reserve/suspended list: Josh Gordon.

Cut: Mike Edwards, Tori Gurley and Naaman Roosevelt.

Comment: With Gordon suspended for the first two regular-season games because he violated the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, the Browns desperately need Nelson to continue to rebound from his knee issues and give them a boost in Weeks 1 and 2. Gordon will return to active roster in Week 3, and the Browns will need to make a corresponding roster move then.

Running backs

On the team: Trent Richardson, Brandon Jackson and Jamaine Cook.

Cut: Miguel Maysonet.

Comment: Season-ending injuries to Montario Hardesty (arthroscopic knee surgery) and Dion Lewis (surgery on a fractured fibula) opened the door for Cook. Still, the Browns are extremely thin at running back, so look for them to try to add to the position. An undrafted rookie from Youngstown State University, Cook was showcased Thursday in the preseason finale against the Chicago Bears at another area of need – kickoff returner.

Fullbacks

Number kept: Two.

On the team: Chris Ogbonnaya and Brad Smelley.

Cut: None.

Comment: Ogbonnaya is the first-string fullback. But he has been a tailback until this year, and he’ll continue to fill that role, especially on third down. Smelley can also play tight end. He hurt his shoulder Thursday but insisted he’s fine.

Tight ends

On the team: Jordan Cameron, Gary Barnidge and Kellen Davis.

Cut: Dan Gronkowski.

Comment: Cameron is dealing with a nagging groin injury and Barnidge is recovering from a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, so this is an area of concern. Those injuries should help Smelley’s chances of making the team.

Linemen

Number kept: 10.

On the team: Left tackle Joe Thomas, left guard John Greco, center Alex Mack, right guard Oniel Cousins, right tackle Mitchell Schwartz, guards Shawn Lauvao, Jason Pinkston and Garrett Gilkey, left tackle Rashad Butler and center Jarrod Shaw.

Cut: Center Braxston Cave, guards Caylin Hauptmann and Aaron Adams and tackle Martin Wallace.

Comment: Cousins will likely start at right guard in the early stages of the regular season until either Lauvao or Pinkston returns from a high ankle sprain. Gilkey, a seventh-round pick in this year’s draft, should survive cuts because of those key injuries. Guard, though, is another position the Browns would like to bolster.

DEFENSE

Linebackers

Number kept: Nine.

On the team: Outside -- Jabaal Sheard, Paul Kruger, Barkevious Mingo, Quentin Groves and Justin Cole. Inside – D’Qwell Jackson, Craig Robertson, Tank Carder and L.J.Fort.
Cut: Outside – Paul Hazel and Eric Martin. Inside – James-Michael Johnson and Justin Staples.

Comment: Mingo’s bruised lung will likely keep him sidelined for at least the season opener, allowing Cole to squeeze his way onto the roster after an impressive preseason. Johnson, a fourth-round selection last year, would become another player picked by former Browns General Manager Tom Heckert to get chopped by the new regime. Staples should earn a spot on the eight-man practice squad.

Line

Number kept: Six.

On the team: Ends – Desmond Bryant, Ahtyba Rubin, Billy Winn and John Hughes. Nose tackles – Phil Taylor and Ishmaa’ily Kitchen.

Cut: Ends – Hall Davis, Armonty Bryant and Brian Sanford.

Comment: Sanford had a solid preseason, but the Browns traded him last week before voiding the deal, so he’s considered expendable. Armonty Bryant, a seventh-round pick in this year’s draft, is a prime practice-squad candidate.

Secondary

Number kept: Nine.

On the team: Cornerbacks – Joe Haden, Buster Skrine, Chris Owens, Leon McFadden and Abdul Kanneh. Safeties – T.J. Ward, Tashaun Gipson, Johnson Bademosi and Josh Aubrey.

Cut: Cornerback – Akeem Auguste. Safeties – Jamoris Slaughter and Kent Richardson.

Comment: The lack of the depth in the defensive backfield could allow two undrafted rookies, Aubrey and Kanneh, to survive cuts. Slaughter, a sixth-round pick in this year’s draft, is another prime practice-squad candidate. He has been hindered by injuries throughout the summer, the latest being a pulled groin muscle.

SPECIALISTS

On the team: Punter Spencer Lanning, kicker Shayne Graham and long snapper Christian Yount.

Cut: Punter Colton Schmidt and kicker Brandon Bogotay.

Comment: Lanning punted well Thursday and showed he can make field goals in a pinch. Graham has the edge over Bogotay. But Graham didn’t kick Thursday because he felt tightness in his back during pregame warm-ups and Bogotay missed the past two exhibition games with a strained groin. Don’t be surprised if the Browns hunt for another kicker on the waiver wire.

http://www.ohio.com

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
His izs fairly close to mine ...and probably most people's. There aren't a ton of spots open, and decisions are probably down to 4 or 5 spots.

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
I'm not sure that want is the way to look at it.

I saw David Nelson as very hesitant last night. Look at how he fell down the 2-3 times he did on balls thrown his way down the sideline...He looked very ginger and tentative to really go all in.

I think it's something we may see for a time. I think it was that. He didn't want to do something his body wasn't ready for. Like DRose muscle memory minus the lack of willingness to come back and try.

But with Nelson...to the other poster that asked.

He has been a red zone presence in the NFL throughout his 3 year career. His first three years he has 8 TDs on 94 catches (only 2 last year before getting hurt) He had 5 TDs 2 years ago, his 2nd in the league.

He does for teams what JoeJ did for us in his couple years. It's what he did for Buffalo. Be a big target in space on 3rd down, and be a big target in the red zone.

His roster spot only becomes in danger if they think Gurley can be that and maybe more. That's why I think he could stay around for a short bit (those 2 weeks Gordon is out) and after that two weeks...maybe Nelson hasn't shown enough recovery or Gurley flashes...otherwise Nelson stays.

When we signed him we knew he was coming back from injury, and him coming off the PUP as early as he did, showed he made MORE progress than we expected, so seeing him around now is more than we expected from him.

He wont be at a year of recovery until week 1. We knew what we were getting into when we signed him...the only reason we get rid of him is if we think someone else can do it better than him when he is in complete health. And Gurley is the only guy on the roster with comparable size.

It has to start somehow
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think Chud is on the record as saying he will keep 3 QBs.

Better add Hoyer to the list and scratch someone else.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll add that he was supposed to be back near the beginning of training camp, but got that bone bruise and sat out (pretty much) the rest of camp. He's worried about re-injuring his knee.

I can feel for the guy. He'll need a little longer to get his mind right and trust his legs.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Given Chud's comments about there being a lot of jobs still up for grabs, I have decided to revisit the roster, and break it down to guys I expect to make the team, and guys I think could make it, but will probably only be around until we claim someone else.

QB: Weeden, Campbell, Hoyer. All will make the team. The Browns have said that they will keep 3 QBs, and all have all done well this preseason. Sure things: 3

RB: Richardson, Definitely on the team. Jackson probably makes the team. Cook might make the team until other teams cuts hit. I wouldn't get too overly comfortable if I was a RB not named Trent. Sure thing: 1

FB: Ogbonnaya. Done deal. He's here. Smelley could make the team, but again pobably shouldn;t get too comfortable. Sure thing: 1

TE: The top 3 will make the team. Cameron, Barnidge, and Davis are all fairly safe for now. Sure things: 3

WR: Little, Benjamin, and Bess make the team. Gordon will be on the suspended list, and will not count against the roster. Cooper and Nelson might make it out of camp, but would be foolish to go house shopping or anything like that. I think that we will look hard at the WR position in cuts and possible trades. Sure things: 3 (plus Gordon)

OL: Thomas, Greco, Mack, Cousins, and Schwartz will all make the team. Everyone else is a question mark. Pinkston and Lauvao should make the team, but one might be IR'd. The backups didn't cover themselves in glory in the preseason. Gilkey gets a possible because he's huge, and is a drat pick. He could go to the practice squad though. Sure thing: 6 + 1? I still think that Pinkston or Lauvao could wind up on one IR list or the other. I think that we look hard for a Guard in the cuts, or in a trade.

DL: We have so much quality depth here that it's almost scary. Definitely making the team are Rubin, Taylor, Bryant, Winn, Hughes, and Kitchen. Maybe is A. Bryant. We might still be able to trade a guy like Sanford if a team wants a solid rotation guy and doesn't want to take a chance that they can get him on waivers. Who knows? Sure thing 6. Solid chance: A. Bryant.

LB: This went from a huge question mark to a huge position of strength in a single offseason. Kruger, Sheard, Mingo, Groves, Robertson, DQ, and Fort are all sure things. Carder and Cole may have played their ways on to the team. Sure things: 7, with 2 guys with a strong chance.

DB: Hard to know. Haden, McFadden, Owens, Skrine, Ward, Gipson, and Bademosi are all sure in my eyes. I think that Aubry and Kanneh have solid shots. Sure things: 7 with 2 Solid Chance guys.

The 3 specialists are almost certainly locks at this point unless some superstar P or K hits the market. Lanning, Graham and Yount are all Sure Things. Sure things: 3

So, the roster breaks down with 43 "sure things", and 6 guys with a solid chance at making the team. That leaves somewhere between 4 and 10 spots available for guys currently on other teams.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

DB: Hard to know. Haden, McFadden, Owens, Skrine, Ward, Gipson, and Bademosi are all sure in my eyes. I think that Aubry and Kanneh have solid shots. Sure things: 7 with 2 Solid Chance guys.

Fair enough breakdown.

Although Kanneh has zero shot of making the final 53, since he was cut today. Substitute Aguste in there, and perhaps it is who you meant, then I think that is closer.

I would also add JMJ, hasn't been spectacular on D, but has done well on special teams, he is a maybe in my book. Just a side note; in last nights game Fort had the green dot when in there, tells me they like and trust him enough to not switch it around. Know he was a sure thing, just mentioning it.

I think Cooper is a sure thing, at least initially, could be swapped out before season, but I think he sticks.

Also I would add Shaw to the OL group, backup at guard and center, like Cooper, possible replacement but not til Lauvao or Pinkston return (one goes on IR to return, IMO).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sanford makes the team, could get traded soon after, but we keep him for that reason. No doubt calls have been made (and possibly not just about him).

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
Wow, I didn't see Kanneh being cut. There were reports that the team really liked him.

There were reports that JMJ had really dropped in the team's eyes. He would really only be a backup for the position that DQ plays in this defense, and I think that there are guys like Fort and Carder who can play both inside spots. I liked JMJ in the 4-3 we ran, but I don't see him as a fit here.

Shaw is a guy who could make the team as a backup, but I really didn't see any of the backups who impressed me tremendously in there. He's probably one of the best of the lot.

I would be stunned beyond words to see Sanford make the team. He is probably the 7th or 8th best DL, and I see no way he makes even the initial cuts. It would not surprise me to see him traded. Maybe the Seahawks have an extra player at a position where we need help (RB, WR, OL) and maybe we could make a trade. I have heard that they are very, very thin on the DL. I do think that we cold see the Browns make a couple of trades before tomorrow's deadline.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Your projected 53....plus 8

Link Copied to Clipboard