Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Truly heartbreaking. Funny enough, we haven't heard a peep from Obama or Al Sharpton in regards to this murder.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...-male-suspects/

August 23, 2013 9:38 AM

Delbert Belton Murder: WWII veteran in Wash. dies after attack; police seek two male suspects

By Branden Cobb Topics Caught on Tape

Delbert Belton / KREM (CBS) SPOKANE, Wash. - An 88-year-old veteran of World War II was beaten to death outside the Eagles Lodge in Spokane, police say, and authorities are seeking two young males in the incident.

Friends identified the victim as Delbert Belton, and say he was sitting outside the lodge when he was attacked. No motive was offered.

Police say they received a call about an assault at 8:15 p.m. Wednesday and responded to find the victim sitting in his car with serious head injuries. The victim was taken to a hospital, and died Thursday morning.

Authorities are looking for two African American males of average build between the ages of 16 and 19 caught on video.

According to CBS affiliate KREM, the victim's daughter-in-law said Belton was hit with "big heavy flashlights" and doctors told her he was bleeding from all parts of his face.

The victim had reportedly gone to the arena to play pool with a friend when he was attacked.

Belton was wounded during the Battle for Okinawa during World War II, according to the station.

"He was an Army veteran," Glenn Longsdorff, Belton's roommate of four years, told the station. "In fact, he was shot when he was 18 years old on the beaches of Okinawa. He'll do anything in the world for anybody."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wow, that's really sad.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's truly sad when a society can't protect it's elderly, it's children, and everyone else who falls in the middle. Remember, through no fault of their own, "When seconds count, the police are only 5 minutes away".

Whenever I hear/read stories of this nature I always think of when I attended my conceal/carry course. There were roughly 60 attending and the mix was approx 50/50 white and black. What stood out most in my mind was, again as a guess, an avg age of 48-50. 48-50! I woulda thought it would be lower but........

I'll never forget the conversation I had with a man next to me. He was 82 years old, stood no more than 5'5", and no heavier than 95-100lbs. He was as frail as frail gets.

My question to him: "Why did you decide to get a conceal carry license"?
His reply consisted of it being due to his wife being 84, the numerous home invasions on his street, the killing of a police officer the next street over, the burglaries and robberies, and etc, etc, etc.

It's all truly sad with no answer/remedy coming soon.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wow, that's really sad.

it is really sad and senseless... it's also sad and senseless that 15 words in we have an Obama/Sharpton reference..

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Looks like they have arrested both suspects.

What a tragedy. Disgusting.

Link

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Looks like they have arrested both suspects.

What a tragedy. Disgusting.

Link

I'm glad that they arrested the scum that did this. If they're guilty, then I hope that they get the maximum penalty available.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
This is a horrible, awful story... and the responses are playing out just like they did in the baseball player thread.

I'm glad they have security footage so there is the possibility for some measure of justice to be metered out.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

Quote:

Wow, that's really sad.

it is really sad and senseless... it's also sad and senseless that 15 words in we have an Obama/Sharpton reference..

I wasn't going to mention it this time. Glad someone else did. I don't see why Obama would comment on an event like this. However, in an attempt to see things from the other side, I can envision a point at which Obama should address crime and the black community, and this incident might be a prime example. But Obama is not, nor should he act like, a cable news commentator.

More important is the way in which life is devalued in our culture. This is not a race problem.

Last edited by Mantis; 08/26/13 07:17 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

There are few words to describe the disgust/anger I feel towards the culprits AND the ones who tried to hide them...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I am with you totally about the President not being involved in every murder that happens in America . That is not the job he is being paid to do besides with our murder rate he would never have time to do anything else . I do think that thanks to media that cases like this ARE a race issue with a growing segment of the population . It seems to me that a polarization is taking place that I haven't seen or felt before. It may be just my imagination or that I pay more attention to the media shenaigans that go on . I hope it is just that.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't see why Obama would comment on an event like this.

IIRC the time he commented on Trayvon was because he was asked a specific question and he answered it... so i suppose if he is asked he should give the obligatory message about it being a senseless crime and bringing people to justice... I'm also fairly certain that things like this make him as sick to his stomach as they do for all of us. If it is uncovered that race was an issue in the crime, then we can talk about race... for now it's just some deranged kids who committed a heinous violent crime against a totally innocent and unsuspecting elderly victim.. and I don't need the President or Al Sharpton to comment on it for me to form my own opinion of what happened and what I think should be done about it.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

...some deranged kids...

Age-wise, yes they are kids. However, at least one of them has a criminal record. Overall, hardly kids...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
hang them

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

...some deranged kids...

Age-wise, yes they are kids. However, at least one of them has a criminal record. Overall, hardly kids...

I read yesterday, after they arrested the second one, that they both had previous arrest records for various things, including assault.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Some leader(s) in the black community should ABSOLUTELY comment on this crime.

I don't care about Jackson or Sharpton because anyone with any sense doesn't listen to those two asshats anyway.

Do I think Obama should comment? Absolutely I do. He interjected himself into the Trayvon event...his AG inserted himself into the Trayvon event...I believe the FBI even got involved. They both couched their comments in terms of the crime being committed against a black man...not a man...but a black man. Obama and his charges went out of their way to comment - on many occasions - on this particular crime. They clearly intended to make a statement about senseless crimes and crimes against a race.

Now, two black men beat a white man to death. There is no debate as to whether a crime was committed. And everyone is afraid or unwilling to comment publicly. This coming on the heels of two black men and one white man shooting an innocent white baseball player. Again with no debate as to whether a crime was committed.

It is ridiculous to have so much attention and projecting in the Trayvon shooting and such silence on these two most-recent killings.

If Obama had any leadership bones in his body, he would comment on this crime and scold those in the country who commit any crime like this...he would comment on how the old man could have been his father...he would comment directly to the black community that crimes like these set-back the continuing battle for equality in this country and damages race-relations more than any other single event ever could. Other than - perhaps - his total silence on the matter. He would lament the total lack of respect for human life and plead/scold the citizens of the USA to reject such behavior.

He put HIMSELF in this position. He needs to man up and follow through, but I expect he will not. He himself could help improve the racial divide in this country and get the attention of all races. This is/could be a signature moment for him. But he doesn't have the guts to do so.

Where is Spike Lee, Jay Z, and Roseann Barr? Spineless.

Someone needs to man up and comment on these crimes as being every bit as sickening as was the Trayvon shooting. To ignore it as has been so far, only minimizes the Trayvon shooting and shows the true sincerity of our leaders, our "leaders", and the idiot entertainers who somehow merit a national stage for their opinions.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It is ridiculous to have so much attention and projecting in the Trayvon shooting and such silence on these two most-recent killings.

One of the major reasons the Trayvon shooting was so public was that stereotyping was a major result of how it happened. It's something folks of all races, etc. can go through. Some more than others.

Anyway, I do agree with you. The Martin was way overblown. I wanted the case to go away after I saw a full investigation was going to happen (I think this was March 2012?).

Not making it a race issue, people get killed for all kinds of reasons. And there's tons of people that die senselessly every day. How many little kids got shot by these gang bangers who can't shoot, that's what really gets to me. Living in Chicago, I read about it all the time in the newspaper. Elementary school aged kids playing outside and getting hit by bullets. All the uproar about Martin, yet there are so many other tragic deaths every week.

Just pisses me off. We need to get our priorities right. Unfortunately, sometimes one case gets all the attention and a bunch of other killings get ignored. "One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic".

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
this is a shame. I didn't even want to read it.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Early ages these two nut heads would have been stoned to death or hung and justice would have been served already.

Such a pathetic form of human... truly freaking pathetic. Double teaming an older person? What scum.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You could read about Christopher Newsom and Channan Christian. (might be Channon Christian)

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Funny enough, we haven't heard a peep from Obama or Al Sharpton in regards to this murder.

That was my first thought when I read this.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just think, if the President had a son, he could have looked just like these kids charged with the crime.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

Early ages these two nut heads would have been stoned to death or hung and justice would have been served already.

Such a pathetic form of human... truly freaking pathetic. Double teaming an older person? What scum.

They should be raped in prison for the rest of their lives.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just think, if the President had a son, he could have looked just like these kids charged with the crime.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
OK I am done puking now. I say hand these kids over to the grandchildren, and great grandchildren of this guy and let them have their way with the punks.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Anyone else notice that those who are most likely to complain about the 'race card' are usually the first to slap it on the table these days?

Legend
Legend
When the president ignorantly plays the first card, we should just fold? Given your hatred and ridicule of all things government, I'm surprised at your reply. Peen's comment sounds like something you would have said.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

When the president ignorantly plays the first card, we should just fold? Given your hatred and ridicule of all things government, I'm surprised at your reply. Peen's comment sounds like something you would have said.

Do I think Obama should have said anything about it? Not really, but that's his style. He's very much a pop culture president. Personally, it's pretty low on my list of complaints about it.

But do we need to bring up Trayvon Martin every time a black person is involved in a murder?

That incident doesn't even remotely resemble this one.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I agree. The only similarity is that neither appeared to be racially motivated.....but in one of them the race card was constantly played in an attempt to influence the prosecution. Obama opened the door for this ridicule by falsely making race an issue in a highly publicized case, and I found Peen's statement pretty damn funny.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

I agree. The only similarity is that neither appeared to be racially motivated....

The Martin/Zimmerman incident most definitely appeared to be racially motivated.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. The only similarity is that neither appeared to be racially motivated....

The Martin/Zimmerman incident most definitely appeared to be racially motivated.

How so? I did not see it that way at all.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
See black guy and assume he's up to no good? It definitely played a part in getting the ball rolling.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
j/c

All I know is I don't understand this new generation. I mean, when I was a kid, I was happy riding my bike and climbing trees. I wasn't running around with a flashlight bludgeoning old people. I just don't understand kids these days. It must be that darned rap music.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
How about "see national crime statistics and make a reasonable assumption"?

How about "see a teenager late at night and pay attention to his actions"?

Nah, just fall back on "let's find a way to make this sound like 'Whitey's' fault".

I just heard last Sunday morning that 72%, that is a SEVEN followed by a TWO, as in almost THREE-QUARTERS, of black children are born to un-wed mothers.

Someone will call this "propaganda", just like they did with the crime statistics someone posted a while back. Most likely, NO ONE will discuss or address this issue, just like the crime statistics. That thread died right out.

There is a definite problem, and it ain't 'Whitey'. Maybe some so-called "leader" in the community will actually try to DO SOMETHING about it, most likely not.

As the racial demographics in this country change, it will get sillier and sillier to just point the finger at good ol' 'whitey'. The hispanics and chinese and whoever else will just laugh that right off the stage as they become majorities.

At some point, the excuse has to be seen for what it is, and the real problem dealt with.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How so? I did not see it that way at all.

It certainly appears to be a case of racial profiling that launched the whole incident.

Was it? I don't know. Only one man does.

But I highly doubt if Martin was lily white and wearing an outfit from the J. Crew catalog that Zimmerman picks up his phone.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

How about "see national crime statistics and make a reasonable assumption"?

How about "see a teenager late at night and pay attention to his actions"?

Nah, just fall back on "let's find a way to make this sound like 'Whitey's' fault".

I just heard last Sunday morning that 72%, that is a SEVEN followed by a TWO, as in almost THREE-QUARTERS, of black children are born to un-wed mothers.

Someone will call this "propaganda", just like they did with the crime statistics someone posted a while back. Most likely, NO ONE will discuss or address this issue, just like the crime statistics. That thread died right out.

There is a definite problem, and it ain't 'Whitey'. Maybe some so-called "leader" in the community will actually try to DO SOMETHING about it, most likely not.

As the racial demographics in this country change, it will get sillier and sillier to just point the finger at good ol' 'whitey'. The hispanics and chinese and whoever else will just laugh that right off the stage as they become majorities.

At some point, the excuse has to be seen for what it is, and the real problem dealt with.

So...black people are the problem?

I give credit where credit is due...at least your racism is out in the open. There was one poster way back when like that...NavyDawg or something.

I don't say it in jest when I say it's better to just be open with it than hide it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

It certainly appears to be a case of racial profiling that launched the whole incident

Again I ask...how so? There is not a lick of evidence that suggest the incident was racially-motivated. Even after countless coverage, projections, and manipulation of "facts" by the media.

You don't have an answer to that...so it simply must be a racially-motivated attack because Z is a white (hispanic) guy and Trayvon was black. Case solved by PDR.

But...

Two black guys beat an old white vet to death and...silence. Now it's NOT racial profiling because there is no evidence...even tho the investigation is yet to be completed.

If for no other reason, Obama should speak out about the attack in respect for our vets...where is the outrage? Too many spineless people afraid of being called racist...which I've seen you did above.

Last edited by WSU Willie; 08/30/13 09:46 AM.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Less than 30 minutes. I figured it wouldn't take long.

The numbers and facts don't mean anything, there is no issue in the black community that needs to be dealt with, it's all whitey's fault.

What excuse are you going to use 20-30 years from now when whitey ain't running the show any more, but other than that nothing else has changed?

Calling anyone who points out the obvious problems a "racist" is a chicken-crap, cowardly way to avoid discussing the real problem. It works on people who are so terrified of having that label applied that they just keep quiet.

Labels thrown out by chicken-crap lying cowards do not bother me in the slightest.

I'm going to use a shorthand which I hope will become popular in the future.

What Heldawg said.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

You don't have an answer to that...so it simply must be a racially-motivated attack because Z is a white (hispanic) guy and Trayvon was black. Case solved by PDR.

Could you point out to me where I called it a 'racially-motivated attack'?

I said the incident appears to have been put in motion by a case of racial profiling, and it does.

I then went on to say that I didn't know for certain.

Quote:

Too many spineless people afraid of being called racist...which I've seen you did above.

As I said...he's not really hiding it, is he?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Calling anyone who points out the obvious problems a "racist" is a chicken-crap, cowardly way to avoid discussing the real problem. It works on people who are so terrified of having that label applied that they just keep quiet.

Labels thrown out by chicken-crap lying cowards do not bother me in the slightest.

...says the guy who launches into angry temper tantrums whenever I feel like winding him up.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

So...black people are the problem?

Such a classic liberal response.

You are presented with facts...facts you cannot dispute...facts that derail your argument...so you resort to the extreme to divert the argument.

The problem is with ANY race of people who might have such an incredible rate of fatherless babies. Very simple and a certain problem. A problem that no one wants to discuss. Primarily because people like you will label them as racist.

All the while the gutless "leaders" of that race are too spineless to discuss/address the issue so as to not lose votes/popularity/credibility. It's easier to simply blame someone else.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... WWII Veteran Beaten to Death

Link Copied to Clipboard