RB- Ray Rice
RB- Steven Jackson
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- DeSean Jackson
Flex- Jordy Nelson
TE- Tony Gonzalez
K- Matt Prater
DST- Packers

Bench - Rashard Mendenhall, Le'Veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Josh Gordon, Malcolm Floyd, Brandon Weeden

Weeden was my 1 homer pick. Not like I'll ever sit Manning anyway lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
12 team .5 PPR league. I drafted 8th.

QB Matt Ryan
RB Trent Richardson
RB Daryl Richardson
WR A.J. Green
WR Roddy White
TE Greg Olsen
FLEX Reggie Wayne
D/ST 49ers D/ST
K Matt Bryant
BE Mike Williams
BE Vick Ballard
BE Denarius Moore
BE Kendall Wright
BE Brent Celek
BE Andy Dalton

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
All of my drafts are this weekend or early next week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
12 Team Standard Redraft

QB - M. Stafford
RB - J. Charles
RB - MJD
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
D/ST - Bears

Bench
Russell Wilson
Ryan Mathews
Andre Brown
Bernard Pierce
Lance Dunbar
Jordy Nelson
Rueben Randle
DHB
Brandon Myers
Texans

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have to ask a question on drafting. As I said above we have a 12 team .5 PPR league. We start QB1, RB2, WR2, TE1, RB/WR/TE1, DEF1, K1 and 6 on the bench.

One of the teams drafted a starter at each position (Flex position is a RB also) and on the bench six RB's. Is there some strategy to this?

I tried to make a trade with them; a WR for a RB and it was rejected. Trade analyzer had the points 133 to 130 in my favor so maybe that was why but it was a bench player for a bench player and was pretty close to even.

Just trying to figure out the strategy of drafting all RB bench players. Handcuff with a back up of a injured starter and make someone overpay for a trade???

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Typically the drop off in running backs is much greater than other positions, so having good depth there is important. And this year especially their isn't a lot of depth at the RB position. I can't justify having ALL RB on his bench though, unless he is looking to make some trades.

I don't really buy into the handcuff theory. There are 1 or 2 usually that might be worth holding onto, but for the most part its a wasted roster spot.

edit: I realize as I say I don't buy into the handcuff strategy I have a few on my team, but as I mentioned, RB is as thing as I have ever seen it.

Last edited by brownsfan2119; 08/27/13 09:53 AM.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has Eddie Lacy on his bench. I was thinking of offering Reggie Wayne for Eddie Lacy. I tried to offer Mike Williams for Ryan Mathews and that's the trade he rejected.

According to the Fantasy Trade site I use this is the breakdown.

Trade Analysis
Team 1 is giving up 171.4 future fantasy points.
Team 2 is giving up 160.5 future fantasy points.

Future Fantasy Points Breakdown
Reggie Wayne - 171.4

Eddie Lacy - 160.5

Strictly by the numbers, Team 2 is getting the better deal!

I know I'm weak at RB but the spots I was drafting I was going to have to reach for a RB according to my Cheat Sheet and I chose to go with higher BPA.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
QB- Stafford
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Steven Ridley
Flex- Kendall Wright
WR- A.J Green
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Kenbrell Tompkins
TE- Jordan Cameron
Def/special Teams- Cleveland
K- S Hauschka

Bench- L Miller, G Bernard, Josh Gordon, M Floyd (Arizona), T Eifert, Weeden.

What do you guys think? First time playing fantasy and doing a live draft in a few years. Standard scoring only no negative points.

ado16148 #809214 08/27/13 05:55 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

QB- Stafford
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Steven Ridley
Flex- Kendall Wright
WR- A.J Green
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Kenbrell Tompkins
TE- Jordan Cameron
Def/special Teams- Cleveland
K- S Hauschka

Bench- L Miller, G Bernard, Josh Gordon, M Floyd (Arizona), T Eifert, Weeden.

What do you guys think? First time playing fantasy and doing a live draft in a few years. Standard scoring only no negative points.

Way too much Browns love on your team. Cameron, the D/ST, Gordon, and Weeden?

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Haha yea. I started panicking a bit once names were gone and went with what I knew instead of following my cheat sheet.

Oh and its a 12 team league.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Weeden is the only "Shouldn't have drafted" guy though. Gordon, after his suspension is definitely worth a #2/#3 receiver in a 12 team league. A lot of fantasy guys have the Browns as a top 10 defense due to the new scheme and expecting a lot of sacks and turnovers. If you miss on the top 4 TEs of Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, Witten then you are stuck waiting around for an average TE and Cameron is a nice late round TE.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree, nothing wrong with grabbing Cameron late in the draft if you miss out on the top 4 TEs. Gordon would be valued a lot higher if he wasn't missing the first two weeks, which you aren't going to be needing him anyway. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what defense I draft, I'm not going to keep them anyway.

10 team league:

QB: Kaepernick, Griffin
RB: Peterson, Ridley, Lacy, Vereen, Richarson (StL), Brown (NYG)
WR: Marshall, Cobb, Gordon, Brown (SD), Broyles
TE: Cameron
D: Browns
K: Walsh

8 team league: (I know "everyone it stacked")

QB: Kaepernick
RB: Lynch, McCoy, Ridley, MJD, Miller, Brown (NYG)
WR: Jackson (TB), Wayne, Decker, Shorts, Austin (StL)
TE: Olsen, Cook
D: Bears
K: Dawson

Finally one to brag about. My family has a league, there's only 6 of us and the points are quite unusual. QB's went throughout the first and second round, so I loaded up at RB.

QB: Stafford, Newton
RB: Peterson, Rice, Martin, Ridley, Miller, McFadden
WR: Jackson (TB), Fitzgerald, White, Bowe, Gordon
TE: Daniels
D: Bears
K: Bullock

Last edited by 214dawg; 08/27/13 08:15 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

I have to ask a question on drafting. As I said above we have a 12 team .5 PPR league. We start QB1, RB2, WR2, TE1, RB/WR/TE1, DEF1, K1 and 6 on the bench.

One of the teams drafted a starter at each position (Flex position is a RB also) and on the bench six RB's. Is there some strategy to this?

I tried to make a trade with them; a WR for a RB and it was rejected. Trade analyzer had the points 133 to 130 in my favor so maybe that was why but it was a bench player for a bench player and was pretty close to even.

Just trying to figure out the strategy of drafting all RB bench players. Handcuff with a back up of a injured starter and make someone overpay for a trade???

Yes there is a strategy. If he hits on one or two of these he can trade a very high end guy for a top WR. I did it last year, trading Ray Rice straight up for Calvin Johnson. And ran away with the title starting him alongside Dez Bryant the rest of the way.

[Linked Image]
Heldawg #809219 08/28/13 03:07 AM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
This is my team from what I am calling my "Nonsense League".

20 teams, PPR, IDP.

QB- Cam Newton
WR- Desean Jackson
WR- Darius Heyward-Bey
WR- Santana Moss
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Reggie Bush
TE- Jermaine Gresham
W/R/T- Chris Ivory

Bench- Alshon Jeffery, Dallas Clark, Josh Freeman, Keenan Allen, David Ausberry

K- Adam Vinatieri
D/ST- San Diego

D- NaVorro Bowman
D- D'Qwell Jackson
DB- Jairus Byrd
DB- TJ Ward
DL- Jason Pierre-Paul
DL- Michael Johnson
LB- DeMeco Ryans
LB- Dannell Ellerbe
LB- Stephen Tulloch

Proud fan of the Pulaski Academy football strategy.
B
Legend
Legend
B
In my keeper league we play with 2 QB,s 3 RB's, 4 WR, 2TE, 2 D's, and 2 Kickers. PPR league. 8 teams. We also get to keep one extra player...16 total keepers

The draft isn't until Sunday afternoon to round out our rosters. The draft is for 13 bench positions.

My keepers this year

QB Stafford, Luck

RB S Jackson, R Bush, D Wilson

WR H Nicks, P Garcone, D Jackson, D Moore

TE J Cameron, J Gresham

D Pats, Packers

K R Bullock, B Walsh

Extra R Matthews.

Not sure how I want to go with this draft. I wouldn't mind more youth at back with both Jackson and Bush on the team, but I'd really like to get D Moore out of the starting line-up. There are several WR available who could boot my yearly points at that position by 30-40 points.

I had some injuries last year and fell, so I draft 3rd...My targets at this point are Bernard of Cincy, Lacey of GB, or Austin of St. L. I know I can get one of the three.

As someone said earlier, it is harder to find good help at back. I think I am leaning Lacey or Bernard.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #809221 08/28/13 10:26 AM
Legend
Legend
I love Lacy in your circumstance ... I think he'll get a lot of touches near the goal line with that roster and QB. He'd be my target.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
My league is a twelve team with no keepers, head to head, and the starting line-up is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, Defense.

My team:

QB: Jay Cutler; Sam Bradford
RB: Trent Richardson, Lesean McCoy, Lamar Miller; Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Andre Johnson; Marques Colston; Josh Gordon; Cecil Shorts
TE: Martellus Bennett; Jared Cook
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Defense: Dallas; Minnesota

I like my RB and WR depth. I don't think too many people can hate on that. I don't know how wise it was, but I rolled the dice and gambled on pairing both of my QB's (clearly picked later as everyone else picked their QB's and a couple back-ups before I pulled the trigger) and TE's together. Savvy or stupid?

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What pick did you have that you got Trent and Shady? Interesting that one of them fell out of the first rd in a 12 team league. Im guessing you picked late in the rd?

Eat it Phil...
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
No. I picked at #5, actually! I was pleasantly surprised with it, too. It was a receiver-happy start to the draft and two QB's went before I picked McCoy.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
N
Legend
Legend
N
12team redraft league

*not happy with my RB situation on this team (auto-drafted with pre-rank list and basically got screwed at that position. pretty strong elsewhere though it drafted me 2 friggin' kickers)

QB Brees / Eli
RB D.Martin
WR Welker
WR DeSean Jackson
WR TY Hilton
TE J.Graham / J.Cameron
Flex R.Mathews / S.Greene
Flex J.Gordon / R.Helu

K Blair Walsh / J.Tucker

Def SF / Cleve

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
12 Team Auction League. I won the first two bids then sat for a while I do have some trade room though for maybe a better WR or something ...

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Arian Foster
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Emannuel Sanders
TE Antonio Gates
FLEX Maurice Jones-Drew
D/ST Texans
K Matt Bryant

Bench:
QB Josh Freeman
RB Mark Ingram
WR Golden Tate
RB Isaiah Pead
WR Vincent Brown
TE Coby Fleener

My bench is awful but hey bench points don't help you win...

#gmstrong
gage #809227 08/29/13 07:31 PM
Legend
Legend
With Arian, AP, and MJD ... that's a hell of a lot of points if they stay healthy.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
like every year, fingers crossed.

Back in 08 or 09 I got AP at #2 and came in second place so lets hope AP can be my catalyst again

#gmstrong
gage #809229 08/29/13 09:15 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
10 team league....

QB: Kaepernick, Bradford

RB: Lynch, Ridley, Chris Johnson, Bradshaw, Tate, Stewart

WR: Colston, Torrey Smith, Desean Jackson, Jennings, Tate

TE: Gronk, Bennett

K: Prater

D/ST: STL

You start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 Flex (which is RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Loaded up on RB's

S
Legend
Legend
S
The only other kind of fantasy league would be roto, but do they even do that for football? I'm not even sure, I know that's originally how fantasy sports started, but it was with baseball.

Funny that you said my WR depth was sickening, because I think I waited until round 3 or 4 to take one. My first two picks were Lynch and Ridley. I think I even took CJ before I finally took a WR.

One of my buddies is a Pats fan and he said he thinks the Pats may be better on defense this year, which he thinks will cause them to turn the clock back and run the ball a little more.

I don't like the way this league is set up, but I'm only a guest in this league. I've never even met the guy who puts it together.

I don't understand the need for a "flex" player on top of having a slot for a "RB/WR"

If I had my own league, I'd have a minimal amount of slots for your bench, make the thing more interesting. More traffic on the waiver wire. It gets more people involved.

I also got screwed at least 5 times by having the person right before me pick the guy I was set up to take. I like my team now but if things had gone my way, I'd be loaded.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The only other kind of fantasy league would be roto, but do they even do that for football? I'm not even sure, I know that's originally how fantasy sports started, but it was with baseball.

We used to play "Total Points" in football, but that was back when we were in middle school, before the internet, so we would just total the points up on paper throughout the year. We could have done Head to Head on paper but it was well before the big fantasy football craze hit and we didnt even know about head to head.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

We used to play "Total Points" in football, but that was back when we were in middle school, before the internet, so we would just total the points up on paper throughout the year. We could have done Head to Head on paper but it was well before the big fantasy football craze hit and we didnt even know about head to head.

I've always done h2h, but I did do a roto baseball one year, and it was pretty fun.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I have a few common players as you do, but for some reason your backs just don't inspire much confidence in me past Beast Mode. Backfields with split carries scare me too much. Maybe that's an Achilles heal in my drafting, but I like to know my guys are getting the bulk of the carries.

I'm the same way, but I think Ridley is going to have a huge year, Vereen should do nothing more than handle the 3rd downs. I also doubt Shonn Greene cuts into CJ's carries much, he's terrible.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My 10 team money league

QB - Romo

RB - Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Eddie Lacy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Le'Von Bell

WR - Fitzgerald, VJax, Antonio Brown, Mike Williams

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Dan Bailey

DEF - Baltimore

I stack up on running backs and wide receivers since because it's only a 10 team league, depth at the other positions is easy to fill throughout the season from the free agent list. (Lacy would be my FLEX)

Last edited by Psydeffect; 08/30/13 06:40 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
1-Team League

QB Rodgers
WR Johnson
WR Green
WR Jones
RB Peterson
RB Charles
TE Graham
Flex Richardson
K Dawson
D 49ers

cfrs15 #809236 08/31/13 01:50 PM
Legend
Legend
if Trent stays healthy you may have a decent team

S
Legend
Legend
S
Team #2, 12 team league

QB - Newton, Bradford

RB - Richardson, Bernard, McFadden, Sproles

WR - Green, DeSean Jackson, Tavon Austin, Lance Moore, Little (my sleeper)

TE - Bennett, Eifert

K - Brown

D/ST - St. Louis

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Not gonna lie, I HATE McFadden this year.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Not gonna lie, I HATE McFadden this year.

I did too, Oakland is going to be a complete mess. But it was the 7th round I think. No harm done if he's worthless, he's buried on my bench anyway.

I wanted to go RB-RB with my first two picks but AJ Green was sitting right there, and I truly believe he is going to be the top fantasy WR this year even ahead of Megatron

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Matt Ryan

AJ Green
Brandon Marshall

Arian Foster
DeAngelo Williams
Daryl Richardson

Antonio Gates

Phil Dawson
SF

Jay Cutler
Ben Tate
Jacquizz Rodgers
Isaiah Pead
Vincent Brown
Rob Housler

Went with a different strategy this year, I'm usually a RB first 3 rounds guy, but I changed it up and went RB, WR, WR, QB. Tired of looking for a WR on the waiver wire every week. But now I will be doing that for a RB, LOL.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Drafted last night. 10 team money league.

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB/WR - Ben Tate
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR/TE - Miles Austin
TE - Antonio Gates
DST - Miami
K - Randy Bullock (GB)

Bench - Andrew Luck, Brandon Weeden, Montee Ball, Jordy Nelson, Fred Jackson, Packers D and Gregg Little.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I'm not trying to be rude but that team is awful. I'm sorry.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ok, how do you figure?

AP is the stand out #1.

Jones and Thomas are studs at receiver. Williams is going to be the only runner other than Cam Newton for the first 8 weeks or so in Carolina. Arian Foster is already banged up in Houston so Ben Tate is going to be taking a lot of carries. Miles Austin is a solid flex receiver in Dallas. My Defenses could be better, but they could be a lot worse than to have two of the better sack teams (Clay Mathews on one, Cameron Wake and Dannell Ellerbe on the other.)

Montee Ball is going to be a beast with the Donks, might take him a few games, but watch and see, by the end of the year he will be making people think about some things. Jordy Nelson is a solid WR and with Jennings gone from GB he becomes even more valuable sitting across from Cobb.

My QBs are solid if not all stars. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck both had outstanding years last year. Wilson is going to be a star and Luck already is.

Tell me again how it's an awful team?

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You have 4 guys who shouldn't be starting for a team in a 10 team league. Too many holes. You have 2 good WR's, 1 good RB, but too many holes overall.

There's no reason Ben Tate, Miles Austin, DeAngelo Williams and Russell Wilson should be starters in a 10 team league.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
10 team leagues on Yahoo, so starts 3 WR and 2 RB with no flex:

QB: Ryan
RB: Foster
RB: Ridley
WR: Fitz
WR: Bowe
WR: Welker
TE: Myers
K: Janikowski
D: Green Bay

Bench: RG3, Lacy, Vereen, Hilton, Austin (StL), Broyles

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Post Your Team

Link Copied to Clipboard