Next Thread
Print Thread
#810565 09/02/13 04:54 PM
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
After TRICH I don't know how we really are at RB, yes Oby is ok but after that ... Yikes

Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos. Age: 31.
Chris Wells, RB, Cardinals. Age: 25.
Cedric Benson, RB, Packers. Age: 30
Peyton Hillis, RB, Chiefs. Age: 27.
Kevin Smith, RB, Lions. Age: 26.
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers. Age: 30.
Javon Ringer, RB, Titans. Age: 26.
D.J. Ware, RB, Buccaneers. Age: 28.
Mewelde Moore, RB, Colts. Age: 31.
Kahlil Bell, RB, Bears. Age: 26.
Curtis Brinkley (RFA), RB, Chargers. Age: 27.
Jackie Battle, RB, Chargers. Age: 29.
Stefan Logan, RB/KR, Lions. Age: 32.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
We just brought in two backs dude. Johnson and Rainey, Rainey has gotten a lot of praise around here.

Legend
Legend
I would guess we won't see any of those on our roster anytime soon.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

We just brought in two backs dude. Johnson and Rainey, Rainey has gotten a lot of praise around here.

I know "Dude" just checking out possibilities ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, we probably won't see any moves here. If we liked any of these options, we wouldn't have signed the two we did. As much as I am concerned about the running game beyond Richardson, I am not sure what any of the men listed above would do to ease my concern....except Hillis...haha, just kidding.

If TR goes down, I think Oby is the #2. But, if that is the case, then who becomes the FB? Who takes over? I understand FB is not that big of a concern and won't see the field much but who would be next? A newly signed TE? I know we signed one that nearly reaches 300 lbs...maybe he is an option?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh, okay dude

If there were any notable people off that list, Pittsburgh would have snagged them up.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, we probably won't see any moves here. If we liked any of these options, we wouldn't have signed the two we did. As much as I am concerned about the running game beyond Richardson, I am not sure what any of the men listed above would do to ease my concern....except Hillis...haha, just kidding.

If TR goes down, I think Oby is the #2. But, if that is the case, then who becomes the FB? Who takes over? I understand FB is not that big of a concern and won't see the field much but who would be next? A newly signed TE? I know we signed one that nearly reaches 300 lbs...maybe he is an option?

I'd guess they'd go out and sign someone else to take Obi's place as FB... Just a guess. Maybe bring back Smelly if nobody signshim. Your guess is as good as mine...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
of that list if i had to choose id bring Kevin Smith, Cedric Benson, or Peyton Hillis in. but like the other posters have already stated i doubt we make anymore moves with our RB's. and yes i said hillis in a serious manner. i think he has been served a heavy dose of reality, and would embracea second chance. behind t-rich he would be a bruiser

#brownsgoodkarma
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I like Smith and Ringer...Benson is good too, but I think we're okay with what we have. As much as a solid backup is nice...we want to give Trent a ton of carries. This guy will just be a change of pace...if OGB isn't used.

Yea its a little concerning...but its good.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Ringer and Wells would be the two who stick out to me, but we won't look at either ... our FO has established the fact that they won't look to bring in any type of vet.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

our FO has established the fact that they won't look to bring in any type of vet.

Yeah, like Jason Campbell, Paul Kruger, Desmond Bryant, Davone Bess, Gary Barnidge, Quentin Groves, or Chris Owens. We would never bring in any type of veteran. We wouldn't sign any of those guys. Nope.

(Beanie Wells is broken by the way.)

Legend
Legend
Let me rephrase that ... any type of vet since training camp. I didn't mean since they've begun.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ringer and Wells would be the two who stick out to me, but we won't look at either ... our FO has established the fact that they won't look to bring in any type of vet.

I understand that Wells is physically done. Got a bone on bone thing going on that makes it tough for him to be in the game.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
I still admire his former backup at OSU, Daniel Heron, maybe the Bengals still have him locked up. That guy just finds the end zone if you get the line of scrimmage anywhere inside of field goal range.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the Bengals cut Boom Heron. I actually think he is a solid back.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I think they signed him to their practice squad.

So he could still be signed. If these other guys don't work out, sign him a week before the Cinci game. I remember Belicheck doing that in Cleveland. I think that's how they got Frank Stams.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Peyton Hillis isn't a FA, he was signed in the offseason by Tampa and he made the team.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Lets Look At Some FA RB's

Link Copied to Clipboard