Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
F
Looks like last night caused more damage than originally thought.

web page

By Kevin Patra

Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel suffered an LCL sprain in his right knee that will not require surgery.

"We think it will be a few weeks," coach Doug Marrone said Friday about how long the rookie could be out.

Marrone declined to give a timetable for Manuel's return, saying that further evaluation over the next week was necessary to gauge the progress. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the timetable on Manuel's knee injury is about six weeks. If Manuel heals quickly he could be back in four weeks, but he could miss additional time.

Manuel was knocked out in the 3rd quarter of Thursday night's 37-24 loss to the Cleveland Browns on a hit to his knee. He was originally diagnosed with a sprained knee. Bills teammates were not happy about the Browns' reaction to the hit that caused the injury.

Ultimately, the Bills were fortunate that Manuel will not miss the remainder of the season. The Browns weren't so lucky with their injured quarterback, Brian Hoyer, who suffered a season-ending knee injury Thursday.

Manuel started the season after missing most of the preseason with an injured left knee and has progressed each start. Any time Manuel misses is a setback, but getting him back for a stretch run is a positive.

Marrone said the Bills are in the process of evaluating the quarterback position and will look to add one from "outside the organization" in the coming week. (Josh Freeman, anyone?) Undrafted QB Jeff Tuel did not look ready for the spotlight after taking over for Manuel on Thursday. Marrone added that it was "not a stretch" that a new quarterback could start when the Bills take on the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 6.

In other Bills injury news, Marrone said wide receiver Steve Johnson suffered a lumbar strain in and is not expected to miss time.

In the latest "Around The League Podcast" we handed out the quarter-season awards. Click here to listen and subscribe.

And the next head coach is ......
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At least we have Weeden. They have Tuel. Our season only MAY be over. Theirs definitely is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

At least we have Weeden. They have Tuel. Our season only MAY be over. Theirs definitely is.

The Bills are a team that NEEDS to go get Freeman.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
or Thigpen

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

or Thigpen

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
In retrospect...

I cant believe they let TJack get away.

Manuel and TJack play a very similar game. I'd also think they'd be wise to give Seneca Wallace a look. Or someone from Marrone's past...I don't remember his backups from NO other than Brunell.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Chase Daniel? I know he is on the Chiefs now.

Legend
Legend
Wow. Worse than I thought, but not as bad as it could have been. Glad we got out of there with the notch.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
When he got hit the action his knee made reminded me a lot of when RGIII got injured last year (the first time).

Legend
Legend
Isn't Wallace in Green Bay?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Bills teammates were not happy about the Browns' reaction to the hit that caused the injury.

I saw the replay of the hit which does not show the reaction of our players. Didn't see the game, but from what I've read, it sounds like our guys did a bit of celebrating over the big hit.

I seriously doubt that our players knew that Manuel was seriously hurt at that moment and they were doing nothing more than reacting to a good hit on the Bills QB.

The NFL doesn't want anyone hit high, in the area of the head, so defensive players are left with going low, taking out the legs...not a thing wrong with the hit on Manuel.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The NFL doesn't want anyone hit high, in the area of the head, so defensive players are left with going low, taking out the legs...not a thing wrong with the hit on Manuel

Hoyer was starting his slide and got speared, a helmet-to-helmet. Was scary, I thought he had a concussion for sure. It wasn't until the replay that I saw how badly twisted he knee was.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
cap...I saw that on a replay...Hoyer got "ear holed" by the Bills LB, #50, right in front of an official...AND NO FREAKING FLAG !

Look at it again...this guy is aiming for one thing and he is not making any attempt to tackle Hoyer...his arms are not extended to tackle...this is a classic example of what we called "spearing" in my time...and spearing was a penalty then and was called.

Let's see if the NFL fines this guy for spearing.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum EJ Manuel has LCL sprain, out four to eight weeks

Link Copied to Clipboard