|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
Quote:
I just noticed that you put Joe in the "Ugly" category and then said something about you would rather trade Joe than Cameron after Joe's last game. I just think that Joe doesn't get as much respect on the boards as he should. Guys like Weeden, Gordon, Ward, Taylor, Haden, and TRich have gotten much more love than Joe. I know he plays on the offensive line, but we are darn lucky to have him and he is truly a great player.
Joe is a rock. I don't talk about him much because I think everyone knows he's a rock. The guy is a seven time pro bowler. I don't have anything to add on him, other than we are extremely lucky he has never been hurt.
That being said, I do think that the relative importance of the OL tends to get overinflated on football message boards. Seems like every board says "the FO doesn't understand that you have to build from the trenches!" The thing is, over the past few years you haven't had to have a good OL to be successful. Green Bay has had a sub par OL while being an upper echelon team for years. The Saints lost their top two OL over the past two years and their offense is as good as ever. On the Chiefs board I frequent, they complain that their OL is the weakest part of the team (though some say QB) and they're undefeated. The Ravens won the super bowl last year with a medioce-at-best OL. The Browns have been considered to have one of the top OL in the game for years and where has it gotten us?
I don't want to trade Joe. I want to keep Joe for his entire career. But why have we been losing all these years? Because we can't score touchdowns. Now, we have two exciting young talented playmakers and people were talking about moving them for a second day pick.
If you told me "you have to trade 29 year old Thomas for a 2014 2nd and a 2015 1st (Denver? GB? NO?), 22 year old Josh Gordon for a 2014 3rd, or 24 year old Jordan Cameron for a 2014 3rd I'm choosing the Thomas deal. Not that I'd be happy about it, but that's the one I'd choose.
Last edited by clevesteve; 11/02/13 02:31 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284 |
Quote:
The guy didn't give up a sack. He had one bogus holding call. You called his play "ugly." In pure football, you acted like he was the worst performer on the team.
Sorry man. That is not true.
It is amazing to me how a guy like Thomas gets very little love around here and every mistake is pointed out, yet guys like Gordon get all this love and all his mistakes are overlooked.
I am not saying I am right. I am saying that my take on things varies greatly from yours. Give me a team full full of Joe Thomas types of players vs. your team of Gordons and Weedens. I will destroy you. Count on it.
That's BS.
This forum is obsessed with Joe Thomas.
Worst thing to ever happen to this site was when you Brownschat rejects migrated over here.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,400
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,400 |
Quote:
Worst thing to ever happen to this site was when you Brownschat rejects migrated over here.
Agreed, the arrogance has dialed up a few notches since.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635 |
Pretty sweet ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,939
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,939 |
Quote:
Both guys got ridiculous speeding tickets.
I'm guessing a friend told him that he needs to stay out of trouble and hidden outside of work, so his best thought was the camo will hide him……brilliant!

|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189 |
J/C Probably waited too long but let me weigh in on this camo car. I'm in the sign business. Over 30 years on graphic arts, over 20 of those in signs and vehicle lettering. I started when you had to have a can of paint and a brush to make a sign. That was the only way to do it. For the past 9 years I've been doing it all on a computer and printing out on a large format inkjet printer. It's the way signs and vehicle lettering is done these days. That car does NOT have a camo "paint job". That car is wrapped in an adhesive backed vinyl that has been printed with a camo pattern. It's all basically a big sticker. It's called a vehicle wrap. The car is not ruined. It can be changed back to it's original paint in in less than 2 hours simply by taking the "sticker" off. Many people who lease expensive cars like this will take what color they can get and then pay to have the vehicle wrapped in whatever color their heart desires. It covers every square inch of the body and is high gloss and looks as good as paint, or too close to argue with. Then, when it's time to turn it back in at the end of the lease, or they simply change their mind about the color, or in this case the artwork/design, they'll have the wrap removed to reveal a pristine, original paint job without even the slightest microscopic scratches from having driven it for 3 years. Anyone can have this, or any other color or design for about $3000-$4000. Sometimes a lot less depending on the shop. A good installer can apply that vinyl to that car in less than a day. Some can do it in 4-5 hours... without help. The same guy can take it off, revealing the real paint job, in less than two hours. Anyone who can afford to buy or lease a Porsche can EASILY afford to have it wrapped. A guy with Gordon's money can change his mind every month. You see this kind of thing used for advertising. Buses get wrapped. Work vehicles get wrapped. Personal vehicles get wrapped. Interior/exterior walls get the same treatment. It's a lot more cost effective than paying an artist to hand-paint a mural. In terms of value paint cannot compete. If you'd have your ride painted all crazy like Gordon did it cost a ton of money to have that done. Then, when you outgrew your liking for that design and wanted it to look original again you'd have to pay for another complete paint job. With a wrap all you do is take it off. Below is a pic of a dude applying the first piece of a vehicle wrap... A ton of examples of vehicle wraps
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038 |
Quote:
Joe is a rock. I don't talk about him much because I think everyone knows he's a rock. The guy is a seven time pro bowler. I don't have anything to add on him, other than we are extremely lucky he has never been hurt.
That being said, I do think that the relative importance of the OL tends to get overinflated on football message boards. Seems like every board says "the FO doesn't understand that you have to build from the trenches!" The thing is, over the past few years you haven't had to have a good OL to be successful. Green Bay has had a sub par OL while being an upper echelon team for years. The Saints lost their top two OL over the past two years and their offense is as good as ever. On the Chiefs board I frequent, they complain that their OL is the weakest part of the team (though some say QB) and they're undefeated. The Ravens won the super bowl last year with a medioce-at-best OL. The Browns have been considered to have one of the top OL in the game for years and where has it gotten us?
I don't want to trade Joe. I want to keep Joe for his entire career. But why have we been losing all these years? Because we can't score touchdowns. Now, we have two exciting young talented playmakers and people were talking about moving them for a second day pick.
If you told me "you have to trade 29 year old Thomas for a 2014 2nd and a 2015 1st (Denver? GB? NO?), 22 year old Josh Gordon for a 2014 3rd, or 24 year old Jordan Cameron for a 2014 3rd I'm choosing the Thomas deal. Not that I'd be happy about it, but that's the one I'd choose.
I agree with this and have been saying it for some time as well. Joe T simply doesn't make a difference in the win column. I love Joe. If I were to buy a jersey it would be his. But the days of LT being one of the top 5 positions to address to become a champion are nearing a close...or really has already closed, IMO.
That being said he is taken for granted around here. Human nature is funny that way. When someone is so good and so perfect their mistakes are often magnified beyond what they should.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891 |
Quote:
Apparently, camo also says "boy racer" - wasn't Gordon ticketed for going 700 MPH in a 35 zone recently? (Or was that Little?) What is it with WR's anyway? Are they all room-temperature IQ's?
I'm both glad and Impressed that ABSOLUTELY NO DawgTalkers forums members ever exceeded speed limts. 
Well, I take that back. 
In around 1985/86/87ish I was in my vette heading south on I 271 and coming up on Wilson Mills Rd. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a Datsun 300zx with the license plates "WEBSTAR" on them. Yep. You got it.
I blew by him at about 80 and he caught up "in no time". There was a bit of traffic so it wasn't an "all out" to Mayfield Rd but we both neared triple digits on the speedo just toying with one another. He got off at Mayfield and I was headed further south.
Hence, your "What is it with WR's anyway?" seems to hold true. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
Back to the Porsche ...... evidently the color of the car is an overlay that peels off when he wants the car t return to its original color. (Per CBS Sports) Video Home - CBSSports.com http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/nfl/59645507709/0/josh-gordons-camo-porsche
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
~ Legend
|
~ Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204 |
Quote:
Back to the Porsche ...... evidently the color of the car is an overlay that peels off when he wants the car t return to its original color. (Per CBS Sports)
Video Home - CBSSports.com http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/nfl/59645507709/0/josh-gordons-camo-porsche
Check a few posts up.
Though it was funny to see Gotlieb give some fashion advice wearing those shoes.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
I missed that.  Opps. Mibad. Edit: Actually I should have thought of that anyway. Back when I sold cars, we allowed radio stations to use our vehicles (actually a special pre-paid lease that the dealership paid for) in exchange for promotional considerations and such. We had the vehicles all done up with this stuff. That was somewhere around 2000 .... but I can't remember exactly when.
Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 11/03/13 12:34 AM.
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811 |
j/c I think this is a sweet wrap.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,564
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,564 |
Painted or Wrapped, Ruined or not, it's friggin ugly
#GMSTRONG
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynahan
"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe." Damanshot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
I wonder if that stuff protects from door dings too?
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
It seems like it should protect from minor scratches. if nothing else.
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189 |
No protection vs dings. Not at all.
That material is 2mm thick and the laminate a bit less. It's the strength and consistency of your average vinyl/plastic sticker, maybe less since it's thinner than most. But it is rather tough if that makes sense.
It protects the paint from minor scratches. For instance, if you scrubbed a scotch brite pad across it the paint would be protected whereas if you did that directly to the paint it would scratch the paint enough that it would take some professional knowledge and professional compounds to eliminate the damage.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,869
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,869 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
Now, that is sweet! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,643
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,643 |
J/C
Just because you can, doesnt mean you should
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015 |
Quote:

Link
Didn't work well, I still see it. Maybe he should have tried urban camo.
We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015 |
Quote:
j/c
I think this is a sweet wrap.
Hate to be driving behind that. I have a hard enough time with reflections off windshields and such down here, and the chrome truck trailers are damn near blinding.
We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,629
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,629 |
Maybe Gordon thinks the camo will keep the cops from seeing his car cause it looks like he might be parked in a fire zone. You can see the fire hose hook up on the wall in front of his car just wish i could read what that sign says.
RIP GM
Live, Love, Laugh
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,950 |
Were's it at, is it in the pitcure..I cant see it.....  My favorate color is Mossy Oak
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259 |
Quote:
j/c
I think this is a sweet wrap.
Viper owner here in texas has that. It actually doesn't look bad like I thought it would but normal viper full wraps are $3k and I know he's spent closer to $9k... Chrome wrap has to be perfect and each body piece done in one cut for it to work.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
Quote:
Maybe Gordon thinks the camo will keep the cops from seeing his car cause it looks like he might be parked in a fire zone. You can see the fire hose hook up on the wall in front of his car just wish i could read what that sign says.
You can park in front of a wall hydrant, plus the curbs not painted. I don't think the sign has anything to do with the FDC.
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,850 |
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe Gordon thinks the camo will keep the cops from seeing his car cause it looks like he might be parked in a fire zone. You can see the fire hose hook up on the wall in front of his car just wish i could read what that sign says.
You can park in front of a wall hydrant, plus the curbs not painted. I don't think the sign has anything to do with the FDC.
not only that but that white sign is clearly an indicator of what times of day you are ALLOWED to park there. unless we have a timestamp and can decipher those times....
why do we care again?
#gmstrong
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Josh Gordon has a camouflage
Porsche
|
|