|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465 |
If you're spending all that much, why not pony up a few more bucks for a windshield decal that says 'Pull me over!'?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276 |
Sweet ride Josh.
And I think the rims are sporting some Browns love?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563 |
<><
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
That's your idea of "sweet?"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Uncle Si just fell in love.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276 |
I have a feeling this isn't his only car. I've never seen a camo porsche before. Really a camo anything besides a jeep. So for his innovative decision I deem this car sweet. It would look a lot more impressive parked infront of a wooded area. If he was driving a camo Saturn my criticisms of the paintjob would be far more scathing 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903 |
Proof that money can't buy taste.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,891 |
Quote:
Proof that money can't buy taste.
3 thoughts on that.
1. 
2. 
3. 
That in itself leaves no doubt in my mind that it wasn't the "I had a cold and took cough syrup with codeine in it. I reallyreallyreally didn't know it was on the NFL banned substance list". 
No doubt he ordered that thing "on the drank".
That thing is nasty ugly looking.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882 |
I can't agree with the style, but I like the effort to be unique.
Being into motorcycles, it seems like most owners mod up their bikes as much as they ride them. It's almost as if stock bikes are frowned upon. 99% of all cars on the rode are stock. Ya buy it, hang something from the rearview mirror and you're done.
“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
~ Legend
|
~ Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204 |
Quote:
Proof that money can't buy taste.
http://us.bape.com/
"I got me some bathing apes" -- Josh Gordon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563 |
Apparently josh is not the first to do this... Mario balotlli actually gave away his $250,000 camo Bentley to a teammate... Of course the team mat immediate repainted it... web page
<><
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,276 |
Looks like it was spray painted. If you got rid of the red and brown it might not look so awful.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
I was just thinking "We need to find something new about one of our good players to criticize."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
Yeah, that's what it is.  Aren't you the same dude who slammed Joe Thomas twice last week? You have things mixed up, son.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
I said the penalties that were called on Thomas really hurt us (were one of the two things along with Bess not holding on to the ball that lost the game for us). I also said I thought the holding call vs devito was weak and that I thought hali might have been offside on the other one. Not sure how that is slamming Thomas. The calls against him were big and really hurt our chances of winning. You disagree with that?
Last edited by clevesteve; 11/01/13 11:45 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
The guy didn't give up a sack. He had one bogus holding call. You called his play "ugly." In pure football, you acted like he was the worst performer on the team.
Sorry man. That is not true.
It is amazing to me how a guy like Thomas gets very little love around here and every mistake is pointed out, yet guys like Gordon get all this love and all his mistakes are overlooked.
I am not saying I am right. I am saying that my take on things varies greatly from yours. Give me a team full full of Joe Thomas types of players vs. your team of Gordons and Weedens. I will destroy you. Count on it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
This is what I posted about Thomas vs the Chiefs in your thread: Quote:
The Ugly:
While he did a nice job against a tough assignment in the pass game for most of the day, 3 penalties for Joe Thomas was really tough to handle. I know the guy is considered above reproach, but those were killers. The first holding penalty vs. DeVito not only set us back ten yards, but McGahee had just run us into FG range. DeVito was Thomas' assignment on that play and that should have been a win for Joe. Instead of at least 3 point (the game's final margin) we punted. A later false start and another holding penalty against Hali (who may have been offsides on that play, too) were also big momentum killers.
Maybe I misunderstood what your guidelines are, but I thought good was for good performances/signs for the future (result of good work), bad was for bad performances/signs for the future (things that need improvement), ugly was unfortunate things you don't expect will have an impact moving forward but had a negative impact on the game. Didn't realize this was made to categorize our players as good, bad, and crappy.
Not sure why you seem to think I'm some kind of Weeden fanboy. I left him off my top 150 draft prospects list for the Browns last year because I thought he was a really bad fit for the team. I think there are a few things he is gifted in but that he is not a good quarterback. I am no more a fan of his than I am any brown (now that Marecic is gone) so I really don't understand what you're trying to say with that comment. In fact, in that same post, didn't I say that Campbell's game might have been the best QB performance for the Brwns this year?
It seems you have some sort of thing where you want to prove me wrong or on the wrong "side" or something. What's that about?
Last edited by clevesteve; 11/02/13 12:49 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358 |
Quote:
It is amazing to me how a guy like Thomas gets very little love around here and every mistake is pointed out, yet guys like Gordon get all this love and all his mistakes are overlooked.
When we've devolved to the point where we're making fun of or criticizing someone's car, that's too much. That's not football.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,532
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,532 |
nice to see him spending his money "wisely"
#brownsgoodkarma
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
~ Legend
|
~ Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204 |
Quote:
nice to see him spending his money "wisely"
Yeah, how dare him buy nice things with his money and not yours. Ugh I hate those type of people.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
That would blend in around here as we have laughed for years that we see camo every single day at work. Almost without fail we see somebody wearing camo, men, women, children. People of all ages 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,268
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,268 |
Quote:
Yeah, how dare him buy nice things with his money and not yours.
Did he buy something nice to go along with that putrid looking car?
And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. - John Muir
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499 |
Quote:
It seems you have some sort of thing where you want to prove me wrong or on the wrong "side" or something. What's that about?
Not trying to prove you wrong. Not in the slightest.
I just noticed that you put Joe in the "Ugly" category and then said something about you would rather trade Joe than Cameron after Joe's last game. I just think that Joe doesn't get as much respect on the boards as he should. Guys like Weeden, Gordon, Ward, Taylor, Haden, and TRich have gotten much more love than Joe. I know he plays on the offensive line, but we are darn lucky to have him and he is truly a great player.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
~ Legend
|
~ Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204 |
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, how dare him buy nice things with his money and not yours.
Did he buy something nice to go along with that putrid looking car?
He has a rangerover that has a strip of camo running down it. Personally I like it all besides the SUV and a four door porshe. If you want a boring 4 door luxury get a Maybach not a porshe. Now if you want to have some fun in luxury get a 2 door porshe.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
~ Legend
|
~ Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204 |
The original paint job: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,564
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,564 |
Hey,, it's his money to use as he wishes.. But damn man, that's friggin ugly.. lol
#GMSTRONG
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynahan
"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe." Damanshot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
Quote:
The original paint job:
Man, that looks like vomit on 4 wheels.
That's taking a chick magnet type car and making it anything but. 
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205 |
Buying a camo Porsche shows a worrisome lack of judgement. I mean, how can you buy a Porsche and not get red? C'mon Man!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
No way ...... gotta go with a hot black metallic on a Porsche ...... or maybe silver.
I'm not a big fan of bright red cars.
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205 |
In that case, I'm concerned about your judgement too. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,027
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,027 |
Quote:

Link
I don't see it..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,532
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,532 |
Quote:
Quote:
nice to see him spending his money "wisely"
Yeah, how dare him buy nice things with his money and not yours. Ugh I hate those type of people.
hopefully he is saving some of his money and wont be one of these former players who are broke when they are done playing because they bought camo covered sports cars and a bunch of other things they didnt need. obviously you didnt understand my comment, ugh i hate thos types of people 
#brownsgoodkarma
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,151
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,151 |
All I can think of is Alfred in The Dark Knight...
"Oh, the Lambourghini, thats much more subtle"
"It has to start somewhere It has to start somehow What better place than here? What better time than now?"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,943
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,943 |
be alot cooler if it was mossy oak or realtree. Hydro dip that sucker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205 |
Apparently, camo also says "boy racer" - wasn't Gordon ticketed for going 700 MPH in a 35 zone recently? (Or was that Little?) What is it with WR's anyway? Are they all room-temperature IQ's?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058 |
Both guys got ridiculous speeding tickets.
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,521
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,521 |
Quote:
leaves
nyuk nyuk nyuk
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Josh Gordon has a camouflage
Porsche
|
|