Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I'm curious as to what people think about this.

Full disclosure...I am an iMac owner. I am also an iPad 4 owner. I am currently typing this on my iPad 4.

My cell is a Galaxy S3.

So I'm a bit of a mixed bag. I like both the Apple world and the non-Apple world. I love my iPad. I love my Galaxy S3. I'm lukewarm on my iMac.

But the more I play with my Galaxy S3 the more I love it. I love widgets on my phone. I love the customization that companies like Samsung and HTC do to Android and the further customization that the user gets to do to these platforms.

So although I love my iPad I've started to get an intrigued by other tablets. I love the way the Note 10 looks. I love the expandable memory, the multi-tasking, the widgets. And I'm not a big fan of the new Apple OS. Don't care for the look and feel. Don't like the fact that there are no widgets at all on the Apple platform.

So I started doing some research. I've gone to multiple sites comparing the iPad with other tablets. They all claim the iPad is better...but for a very odd reason. Fit and finish. Not functionality. Not memory. Not screen. But fit and finish. It's thin. It feels well made. And so they give the nod to the iPad.

I'm starting to think the world is brainwashed by Apple.

What does everyone else think?

Legend
Legend
I think I have a Dell computer that works just fine.
A Android phone that works just fine.
And no need at all for an Ipad, or a Ipod.

So I think one of us is nuts, and I won't say which one.

Althought I believe most people will call me the crazy one

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I have an iPhone 5, a 5-year-old iMac and 7-year-old MacBook running a version of the OS that's four generations old (and also dual boots to Windows XP), and an iPod that I got for Christmas in 2005. I'll probably pick up a new MacBook at some point next year. No need nor desire for an iPad (though my wife's company did just give her one to use).

I guess that makes me brainwashed?

Legend
Legend
Nothing odd about owning or not owning an Apple product.

In my opinion Apple captured a very specific market, the market that wants technology but with a small learning curve. That's not to say if you have an Apple computer you're "computer dumb", it's just you want to sit down and do stuff and it all to work and be there (picture, movie, music, video software).

People liked their Mac's and they exploded the market with the iPhone first. And they continue to deliver quality products (maybe not the best but they're high up there). So I can understand people liking "everything Apple".

And there is also the "...if I have a Mac, I should probably get an iPhone to keep them in sync." and then "...if I have a Mac and an iPhone, I should probably get an iPad to keep them in sync." While it's not 100% true, it does make it easier on the casual user.

Some people get comfortable with a name brand and like to continue using their products. Nothing wrong with that.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I dont think it's out of bounds...

I have a nexus 7 (the 2012 one) and while I love it as a tablet it's pretty loose... I can push on the back cover and get 'play' in it, and the screen glass can even be slid around a small amount. These go against the fit and finish aspect, whereas I've heard little complaint about the ipad build quality. My wifes Iphone 4S has a stuck volume rocker thats a pain to use sometimes but I've gone through 2 android phones in that time and planning a third, but I may switch to iphone just to get something tougher.

#gmstrong
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Quote:

I have an iPhone 5, a 5-year-old iMac and 7-year-old MacBook running a version of the OS that's four generations old (and also dual boots to Windows XP), and an iPod that I got for Christmas in 2005. I'll probably pick up a new MacBook at some point next year. No need nor desire for an iPad (though my wife's company did just give her one to use).

I guess that makes me brainwashed?

Well, that wasn't my intent to imply people that enjoy Apple products are brainwashed ....unless maybe you refuse at all to try something different. As you might have read I also own and use Apple products.

My question is born from three places...a) yes, some people absolutely will not try anything else, b) I thoroughly enjoy my Galaxy S3 more than my iPad (I simply use my iPad because it's bigger), and c) it seemed to me in reading comparison reviews of the iPad vs other tablets that the reviewers would spend an entire article describing ways that a non-iPad tablet was better than the iPad then end the comparison by saying the iPad won because of fit and finish...as if it was impossible that anything other than the iPad could be good and they had to really accentuate the one area where the iPad was clearly better.

I guess I'll add a fourth....I really don't like my iMac. I prefer the Windows OS. I find it easier to get around and organize things in Windows.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well, that wasn't my intent to imply people that enjoy Apple products are brainwashed unless you refuse at all to try something different. As you might have read I also own and use Apple products.

I've switched and become pretty much a solely apple person. My reason, I like products that are consistently good quality. Things that work.

There's great non-apple products, but what I like about apple is, I get it, and I know it's gonna be good. There's not much of a guess.

What pisses me off about Apple, things like having to pay 75$ for a new computer charger after less than two years (for a 1200$ laptop), as the third party products often ruin your battery. Everything with them is just expensive.......

But as someone said, I turn it on and it works. I don't really have to worry....... I'm sure the S3 is great, but I bought that iPhone knowing that it was going to be a quality product. Might not be the best, but it'll def be good. Same reason I bought both my parents iPads.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
No, you're thinking of the jews.

On a serious note, Apple does have some very good products, especially with computers if you want to do music, video or art, but they do have equally good competition in almost everything except MP3 players where they are untouched.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have a PC, a Toshiba laptop, and a Trac Flip phone. Well, I had one, I seem to have misplaced it about 2 weeks ago. If I can't find it by Christmas, I'll go get another. The 400 minutes I get with a 1 year card is about all I need. Some years I have to add a few hundered minutes here and there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I dont know about the world, but I know a few people that are. They swear that the iphone is the best thing ever. I try to compare my Galaxy and they wont even listen. They dont want to hear anything that is anti apple.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have a Samsung tablet that I barely use other than listening to music at work and organizing my fantasy football team on a weekly basis. I don't have a laptop or cell phone. I see how most people who have cell phones are slaves to them and I do NOT want to be like that. I have a home phone and am happy enough with it. No Facebook, no Twitter, and no cell phone, and I'm very happy I've decided to go that route.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
This thread has taken an interesting turn.

I expected a ton of debate on Apple vs. everything else.

Instead we've gotten a bunch of anti-technology replies. LOL.

Must be from the older crowd. .

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

31. I'm not old, am I?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I recently (last year) finally switched to the iPhone because it was a cheaper option. I admittedly tend to be brand loyal. Until then, I have owned nothing but Motorola phones because I tend to be tough with them and they just keep taking it. It's not uncommon to essentially get a pocket full of sawdust at work and they never flinched. My last phone was a Droid X and I wanted to maintain my grandfathered status with Verizon for unlimited data so I had to pay the off contract price for a new phone. I was surprised to find out that the iPhone was actually cheaper than the Motorola option so I made the switch. It was nice though since I usually carried my iPod touch and my phone in my pocket, and now I only need my phone. I had several apps that I used every day that were catered to my field that were only available on the IOS platform.

In the meantime, I will never buy anything but a MAC laptop. I went through two PC laptops and fried both of them in a year. They just couldn't handle my usage. I decided to try a Macbook Pro and still have the same one 7 years later still running strong. I do a lot of computer drafting, 3D renderings, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro X...often times all running at the same time. My old laptop is still running strong and runs almost just as well as my recently beefed up custom PC that I updated last year. Not bad for a 7 year old laptop.

Basically, I own an iPhone because it was cheaper than the other choice, and I'd never buy anything but a MAC laptop because they have proven themselves to be powerful and workhorses.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I recently (last year) finally switched to the iPhone because it was a cheaper option. I admittedly tend to be brand loyal. Until then, I have owned nothing but Motorola phones because I tend to be tough with them and they just keep taking it. It's not uncommon to essentially get a pocket full of sawdust at work and they never flinched. My last phone was a Droid X and I wanted to maintain my grandfathered status with Verizon for unlimited data so I had to pay the off contract price for a new phone. I was surprised to find out that the iPhone was actually cheaper than the Motorola option so I made the switch. It was nice though since I usually carried my iPod touch and my phone in my pocket, and now I only need my phone. I had several apps that I used every day that were catered to my field that were only available on the IOS platform.

In the meantime, I will never buy anything but a MAC laptop. I went through two PC laptops and fried both of them in a year. They just couldn't handle my usage. I decided to try a Macbook Pro and still have the same one 7 years later still running strong. I do a lot of computer drafting, 3D renderings, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro X...often times all running at the same time. My old laptop is still running strong and runs almost just as well as my recently beefed up custom PC that I updated last year. Not bad for a 7 year old laptop.

Basically, I own an iPhone because it was cheaper than the other choice, and I'd never buy anything but a MAC laptop because they have proven themselves to be powerful and workhorses.

Very nice on the old laptop. I have an 11-year old hp PC laptop that finally crapped out on me earlier this year. I'm thinking of buying a new battery charger for it which would run around $30 since I'm pretty sure that was the problem. If I can do that instead of spending hundreds on a new computer, I'm all for it. It still did/does everything I need it to do.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't think people are brainwashed by Apple, but people are definitely loyal to that company.

I'm on my second Iphone, and have been an owner for 3 years...

I love the phone. I understand people's frustration with ITunes, but I think once you get everything down, it's very enjoyable to work with.

People who don't use Iphones love to call them I-sheep or Applesnobs, or whatever name you want to come up with, but really, if you ask me, over the last year, year and a half, the Galaxy owners have been a thousand times more insufferable....

Like really, when you break it all down, it's the same phone. You can get a lot of the same apps, and the functions are about the same. There are differences, but they're pretty small when you look at the big picture.

I don't have any other experience with tablets, as I don't own one, and I have always been a Windows/PC guy when it comes to computers.

I would love a MacBook pro or a MacBook air one day, but right now they are way out of my price range.

With the Ipads, I kinda want to wait until those have bigger capacities. I have 50-60 GB of music on my computer, and would love to one day have all of it synced on an ipad.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Well, that wasn't my intent to imply people that enjoy Apple products are brainwashed ....unless maybe you refuse at all to try something different. As you might have read I also own and use Apple products.

Nah I was just being facetious with that last quip. I'm pretty firmly embedded in the Apple ecosystem, but as with some others it's as much about convenience as anything. I also have some Apple networking devices (Airport Extreme and two Airport Expresses) as well as a gen 2 Apple TV. I like that I can quickly set up my home network without using a browser-based interface. I like that I can wake up my MacBook, open iTunes, and stream music to speakers in three different rooms of my house simultaneously, controlling it all from my phone. I like that if someone texts me a funny video I can instantly pull it up on my television. I like that I can print wirelessly simply by plugging my printer's USB cable into my Airport Express.

I'm sure I could do all that with a Windows/Android set up as well. I just don't want to invest in a new infrastructure when what I have does exactly what I need it to do.

Full disclosure: I worked at an Apple retail store for two years (never in sales).

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I wouldn't say anti-technology. I was simply commenting on how the industry as a whole has done a good job of brainwashing people in to thinking they need multiple devices and need to change them out every year or two.

No doubt some people need some of the features for work related items, but no way all and no way do they need to change up every year because someone or something makes you feel outdated.

It's all a marketing ploy to keep you locked in to another 2 years worth of contracted service.

JMO

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I also have an AppleTV and like it quite a bit. I like that I can stream from my iPad to my TV and that it is hooked into my iTunes library.

But I think you can do the same things with Roku.

My main reason for starting this thread is that I enjoy my Galaxy S3 more than my iPad - which is just a bigger version of the iPhone. Got me to thinking that I might enjoy a different tablet. I wouldn't call myself a tech geek, but I'm a tinkerer and love to customize screens. Apple doesn't really offer you that. Their quality is top notch and the ease with which you can network devices is awesome. But I guess I'm just not as gaga over them as a lot of other people. And other than my phone and laptop everything else I own is Apple. And I'm not a big fan of having to transfer everything to my iPad through iTunes. Transferring pictures is clunky.

I don't know ...I'm tempted to take the Note 10 for a test drive.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I had a Roku for a little while last year. It was more useful for streaming content from external services (Netflix, Hulu, etc). I'm more interested in streaming content from my computer or iPhone. I ended up giving the Roku to a friend and he uses it all the time, so I'm glad it's getting lots of use. Just wasn't for me.

I bought the Apple TV a couple years ago to replace an Airport Express (which I got for free) that died. It was hooked to my home theater and solely used for streaming audio. Since I didn't need the networking capabilities, and the Apple TV and Airport Express are the same price I went with the Apple TV.

Legend
Legend
I'm mostly a PC guy. I have three laptops now (down from 4 because one just up and died) I also have an I-Phone 5c and my wife has one also. When I moved from Time Warner over to the Dish a few months ago, I took the package with the I-Pad 2 which I immediately gave to my wife.

When it comes to work and surfing etc. I prefer a PC. But my wife loves her I-pad and we both love our Iphones.

So I guess i'm a mixed bag. Both have value and I like both but for different reasons and purposes.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
Apple had the most successful marketing campaign & product launch of the last decade. They were able to simultaneously peg MS as the evil big corporation of anti-cool people while becoming that giant powerful corporation themselves. It absolutely amazes and fascinates me that they were able to pull it off.

They have their flaws (expensive, limited software scope, etc.), but they make things that consistently work and work together, which are huge barriers to entry with alot of new users (and the market in general is pretty new).

I assume, at some point, Samsung or Qualcomm (or someone else) will come out with something new and enticing and swing the market in their direction. Remember, 6 years ago, RIM Blackberry's were considered the cool new-age smartphone who had a huge marketshare. Now, MS chose to buy Nokia over RIM for their HW business and RIM had to settle to get bought out for pennies on the dollar by a financial investment firm who will likely strip the company down and split it off piecemeal to make it as much money as it can.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Let's see, I have an iMac 24, iPhone 5, iPhone 5 for my wife, and we have two iPads and two video iPods. We're not brainwashed however.

Now when my contract is up on my phone in June I'm going to switch to the galaxy note.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My first smartphone was an iPhone 3G. I owned it for 3 years.

I decided to stay with apple and upgraded to an iPhone 4s.

I bought a tablet 2 years ago and it is a Toshiba Thrive. It has a full USB and a Full HDMI port on it. It's still on Android 4.0 though.

My home PC is an old 8yo laptop. HP with windows XP. It's still kicking.

My work PC is a Dell Precision Windows 7 with an intel i7 processor.

My gaming devices are the Playstation 3,4 & vita.

So I pretty much use all the major tech companies out there. Not tied to anyone.

I don't want to change my phone because 1) I do like the iPhone and have no reason to switch 2) still have a specific iPhone unlimited data plan and if I switch to android I will have to get a limited plan. & 3) I have bought certain apps that I like and use and I don't want to have to repurchase them on a different service.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
A
Legend
Legend
A
I think my phone is an Iphone 3. Or 3g, or whatever.......

I only have it because verizon told me my flip phone that I had gotten years and years ago, through some company that I think started with an M....anyway, verizon bought them out, and after several years they decided to shut down the other companies towers.....they told me it wouldn't work anymore, so I had to get a new phone.

At about the same time, my son was upgrading to the 4s, and he sent his 4 here. My wife took the 4, and gave me her 3 or 3g.....whatever I have.

My son has since gotten the 5, sending his 4s to my wife, and now my daughter may get the 4. Because, I don't give a rip. Can I make and receive calls? If so, I'm good. I do text a bit more, but not much.

I don't hate it by any stretch......but I just don't use any of the "smart" features, other than it is nice to be able to take a picture and e-mail it or text it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

2) still have a specific iPhone unlimited data plan and if I switch to android I will have to get a limited plan.

Same here. Nothing like being grandfathered into unlimited data, though I don't really do much. Most of my data is downloaded through wi-fi networks.

I still have my iPhone4. I got it two months after it was released. The Home button is geting a little wonky but I think it will be okay for another 6 months if I'm lucky. With the prices of the phones, I don't know if it would even be worth fixing it.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

2) still have a specific iPhone unlimited data plan and if I switch to android I will have to get a limited plan.

Same here. Nothing like being grandfathered into unlimited data, though I don't really do much. Most of my data is downloaded through wi-fi networks.

I still have my iPhone4. I got it two months after it was released. The Home button is geting a little wonky but I think it will be okay for another 6 months if I'm lucky. With the prices of the phones, I don't know if it would even be worth fixing it.

I upgraded last month to the 5s. I love it. The camera was a huge selling point for me. It's much upgraded, and I don't own any other kind of digital camera, so this is my main device for taking pictures.

We came into Cleveland for a day to hang out with some family, then down to Columbus for the game. They held the phones for us at the Apple store in Crocker Park.

My girlfriend had the 4s. They gave her almost 200 bucks for trade in, and it was applied immediately to our bill for the phones. I have a 4, just like you, and they gave me a hundred bucks. I only paid 200 for it, and actually had to get it replaced the year before (apple care took care of that)

I got the 32g 5s. I really love it. I took some great pics at the OSU game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm from the older crowd.

I embrace technology, but find that "the latest fad" is often times overrated and used more as a status symbol than anything else.

It's been that way for generations but with different products. ie..... When I was growing up, only Levi and Converse would I wear, It was what was in style and the current fad.

Same goes with "the latest, greatest" technology. Most of it will be outdated very soon and the next "latest greatest" thing will come along. How many IPhones now? 5? 6?

So while I don't frown upon it or look down upon it, I recognize it for what it is.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm starting to think the world is brainwashed by Apple.

No, not the world... just the Apple fan club.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

I also have an AppleTV and like it quite a bit. I like that I can stream from my iPad to my TV and that it is hooked into my iTunes library.

But I think you can do the same things with Roku.

My main reason for starting this thread is that I enjoy my Galaxy S3 more than my iPad - which is just a bigger version of the iPhone. Got me to thinking that I might enjoy a different tablet. I wouldn't call myself a tech geek, but I'm a tinkerer and love to customize screens. Apple doesn't really offer you that. Their quality is top notch and the ease with which you can network devices is awesome. But I guess I'm just not as gaga over them as a lot of other people. And other than my phone and laptop everything else I own is Apple. And I'm not a big fan of having to transfer everything to my iPad through iTunes. Transferring pictures is clunky.

I don't know ...I'm tempted to take the Note 10 for a test drive.

I have an S3 and got a Note 10.1 about 7 months ago, LOVE the thing. Never thought I would use a tablet for much, got it mainly for remote access to work when I'm away versus toting along a heavy laptop. But I use the tablet more than I use my home PC.

I have the Samsung Share so I can stream either device to my TV for photo's and videos and such.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
JK.....

So being brainwashed wasn't the topic......sorry, I thought it was......it should have been titled...."What devices do you have....man?"

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
1st String
1st String
H
jc

I think that apple had an amazing marketing machine. Since Jobs died they are still searching for the next product and the marketing has not been as spot on.

I grew up on windows, but after using a macbook pro for work out family has switched to apple. Integration of all of the devices is a big part of the reason why we have so many apple devices, but there are a couple more.

The track pad on the macbook is far superior to every PC track pad I have used.

The higher end PC are matching the aluminum case of the apple, but the build quality is great.

Its intuitive. I can set up a network printer at work on my mac in less than 2 minutes, while my PC partition can take upwards of 30 minutes to add the same network printer.

Battery life on my macbook pro is amazing

There are drawbacks to apple products.

Price point. When I researched my macbook pro I could build a comparable PC for about 300 dollars less. Memry upgrades are a rip off. I have stayed away from the air and retina display because the RAM is saudered to the mother board.

Limited customization

Having learn all of the short cut keys allover again.

I would say that there are some people who are caught up in the advertisement mistique of Apple. However, if you are going to drop the serious coin it takes to buy the computers, you have to heavily weight the pros and cons. For me the Trackpad, build quality andOS X experience outweighed the higher price point, and limited customization.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No,

I look at it this way. What separates Apple products from the rest of the world is that they structure the interface based on functionality, with the hardware needed to support the interface.

Most other devices are a computer hardware device of some type with an interface placed on top of it.

If you have little understanding of a computer, or are less inclined to get into the gory details, the Apple products are refreshing and easy to use. If you know something about computers, then Apple products can be frustrating.

I bounce between admiration and disdain for Apple. But the devices are highly functional, and generally easier to use than others.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have never had a Apple product and know people who do love them. When ever I replace this PC I may look in to one. Probably more a pad or laptop type device. I don't need any real memory to speak of. As long as I can hook up a printer to print off a ticket here and there, I am good to go.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
J
Legend
Legend
J
I have an iPhone 5, an iPad, and a MacBook Pro. So, yeah, I'm pretty Apple friendly. I don't get the animosity toward Apple products by some, it's simply a preference. I didn't start buying Apple products until about three years ago. I had other types of laptops, Android phones, etc. I decided to try a MacBook based on some friends and family reviews and how much they liked them. Well, I LOVED it, as I love the iPad and now my iPhone. It just fits with what I need and like. No brainwashing, no falling in love with the latest fad, no falling for marketing. I just like the product.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

Is the world brainwashed by Apple?

I don't know, but I have notice people talking about their technological devices a lot, more than seems warranted. I hear this more with the younger crowd, comparing and explaining why one thing is better than another. Reminds me of when people used to have the same discussions about their cars. I don't get it, but then I'm not deep into technology. I still have a phone with no internet access.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I like that you've tried the other stuff then went to Apple and have decided to stick with it.

I find the opposite happening with me. When I use my iMac, I can't help but thinking I prefer my HP laptop. When I use my iPad, I like it, but am not in awe of it (I was of the iPad 1 when it first came out). When I use my GS3, I love it and wonder what a bigger version i.e., the Note 10, might be like in place of the iPad.

Like you said, maybe it just boils down to personal preference. And I am by no means slamming Apple products. They are great. Like I said, I'm a mixed bag. But what really caught my eye was these comparison articles I was reading ... it was like they were afraid to say the iPad was inferior to any other tablet. I guess that's where the brainwashing thing came from.

But I have enjoyed listening to people's takes.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I want an Ipad, but I would only prefer that above some of these other ones, because of the fact that I have an Iphone, and there would be better accessibility with my notes/calendar/contacts, etc... On top of that, I would be able to transfer some of my paid apps to the tablet.

If I had some other phone, I'd probably opt for one of the other, cheaper tablets. Really, you can run all the same big time, big use apps that you can on the Ipad. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah.

Even though I'm probably more on the anti-Apple side, I can definitely see why someone would go all in with Apple for all their devices. It's so easy for everything to communicate and stay synced with each other (phone, pad, computer). PC and/or Android does this as well, but it just requires a little more effort. I'm the defacto IT guy in my family, and my parents are much less tech savvy than me, so I understand when they say "It just works".

Apple does nail the fit and finish throughout their entire product line better than any other company, I think. In no other area has the rest of the crowd been playing catchup more than in fit and finish.

Apple's marketing machine is extremely effective. Specifically, it's been telling potential customers what they want in a smartphone. That's where this whole "Apple brainwashed" thing comes from. By popularizing the smartphone, Apple has been dictating to the customer what is important.

The main reasons I dislike Apple products is because I'm more of a techy. I like to poke and prod and configure my devices exactly the way I like. I use my phone for just about everything now (paying bills through the bank and Paypal, posting on certain message boards, most of my fantasy football, calendar and email (both personal and work), etc). Because of the heavy use, I want to organize my screens in a way that's clean and intuitive, with my most used stuff to be the most easily accessible. Android widgets help me do this, as well as a wave launcher and folders. With Apple, you can't do that nearly as well, and folders were only introduced relatively recently. It would irk me that I couldn't have a perfectly clean home screen and build from the ground up. Just my preference.

The other big reason I don't like Apple is the stigma around it. I'm not a fan of the "Starbucks Crowd", and they seem to be the ones that flaunt their iDevices the most. Sorry if that rubs anyone the wrong way, JMO.

Those Samsung Galaxy commercials with the folks in line for the latest Apple devices always got a chuckle out of me.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Yeah, the two things as an Iphone owner that drive me nuts are the fact that Android lets you mess around with the interface of their phones more than Apple does.

The other thing is that the Galaxy has a much bigger screen. The 5s is still smaller than the Galaxy and yet it's the latest phone to be released.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Is the world brainwashed by Apple?

Link Copied to Clipboard