Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Too many games so little time.

Aint that the truth.

InFamous 1 I enjoyed, InFamous2 I juts couldn't get into the story and found it confusing. My buddy has Second Son, he says he loves it. I might try inFamous 2 one more time though.

I'm interested in Watch Dogs as well. I'm not sure I understand how it works, but it looks good and I always hear a lot about it.

And Final Fantasy X HD I've been really debating. I loved that game. My favorite game I played in the PS2, Xbox generation I assume. That or Medal of Honor Rising Son (for different reasons). Definitely one of my favorites ever. I'm just nervous that JRPG combat system will get real old for me real quick. Especially after games like Skyrim and Witcher2 which are RPGs which require more skill than strategically pushing buttons. I mean there's skill in FFX, but it's more strategy, who do you line up and what moves. Skyrim and even more-so Witcher require similar skills to action games I guess.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Mass Effect 1 was definitely an RPG. 2 and 3... yeah, probably not so much. I thoroughly enjoyed all three, but I gotta say, the gameplay changes for 2 and 3 made it much easier to pick up the game again after beating it the first time. ME1 gets tiresome much faster because of the gameplay and the repetitive level designs.

I really want to try a "big boy" RPG, and I did play Skyrim, but even that game was a little overwhelming for me. I guess games like Fable and all those Bioware games are the ones that fall in my sweet spot.

Oh, RPGs are one time beats never play again for me. Once I beat Skyrim, that was it. But I logged some insane amount of hours into that game. I could imagine that it can be overwhelming though. I work a job where i work a month and then i get a month off. Girlfriend comes home from work and she always would ask me what I did all day, I think I spent a month saying "I was in the world of Skyrim"

I don't know if you have 360 or not, but if you have 360, try out Witcher 2. I much prefer that to Fable. Same with Dragon Age. Those games are better than Fable. And I enjoyed Fable, but those were far better. Not as long as Skyrim either. And Fallout is a lot like the mass effect series. Fallout 3 and Vegas were great. Shooter RPG style. More like Mass Effect, less like Borderlands (which I consider close to RPG as well. It's in that shooter RPG category). Those games are great too.

Most of these games are cheap enough now that you can pick them up for not much at all. Beat them and move on. Man, I couldn't imagine playing an RPG more than once. Never done it. I mean, you already know what's gonna happen. In fact, I generally dont play through a game more than once, period.

I wanna play that Dark Souls game, but that one has me nervous. It's supposed to take awhile to beat. I don't really have that kind of time now.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I have a (probably unhealthy) obsession with Mass Effect. I just really enjoy the story, and there's enough variability in the side stories that it keeps me interested.

I might try another playthrough of Skyrim, but I could see that getting old pretty quick. Who knows.

I'll have to try Witcher 2. Is the first one not so good?

I just finished the last Dragon Age to be released, and it was a grind to finish. The first one was good, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'll have to try Witcher 2. Is the first one not so good?

I don't think that Witcher 1 came out on console. That's why I only played 2. It was pretty good. Took a little bit to get into. But I liked the combat system, and eventually I got into the story. Visually it was very nice too.

It's made by some Polish studio called Projekt Red or something like that, and it's based off a very popular book series in Poland. It's like an RPG but kind of a choose your own way. Your decisions make major impacts on the game, from what I've heard. I've only played through once of course, but that's what I read.

I liked it. But nowhere near how I enjoyed the Mass Effect series and nowhere near Skyrim.

But different people have different tastes. I liked Dragon Age (both, though I liked 1 more because I think you got to mess more with the weapons in the first?) and Mass Effect 1 was my favorite of the series (best for the story aspect, 2 and 3's gameplay definitely improved. 3 being my least favorite).

Of course criticizing any of the Mass Effect games is kind of ridiculous, as they're all pretty darn good and the series is probably my favorite video game series ever. Although I'm starting Uncharted 3 tomorrow. Uncharted 2 was a phenomenal game, so we'll see if they can match that, but they are starting behind because Mass Effect 1 is way better than Uncharted 1. If you don't own a PS3, it's really not that bad of a deal, just for the Uncharted games and for Last Of Us. If you enjoyed the new Tomb Raider, it's very similar style, just Uncharted 2 is better.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
JC:

Since All you guys are into mass Effect. I'll share that I just started an older title i picked up for 10 bucks. Dues Ex:Human Evolution. I'm guessing I'm only about 1/4 of the way through & it reminds me a ton of Mass effect 1 specifically. Only in the world more similar to Blade Runner.

I'm enjoying it, but I just finally ordered Assassin creed black flag, so it might be in danger of falling by the side of the gaming road.

To the person that views skyrim or fallout as too bulky of an RPG for there gaming preference. I agree with the guy that mentioned Dragon Age. I have Origins and really enjoyed it. I would have actually played it again with a different class,(which is rare for me) except Skyrim landed in my lap shorty after and that was that.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I've been playing Just Cause 2 lately. Haven't played it in a while...

I hope they try and get a 3rd going, and put a bigger and better team in charge of it... So much potential with that game.

The story is ok, the gameplay can get very repetitive, but flying around and parachuting all over the place never gets old... Plus the ridiculous map (bigger than GTA V I think) gives you lots of room to fly planes and helicopters...

Legend
Legend
Really. The only time I play video games is when I go to my brothers, and we play 2k all night as a team in a different conference.

It's to the point every 3-4 years when we've built teams up to being dominant.. We switch to the worst teams in the game...

Beyond that, I don't play much really. Madden is utterly boring. NCAA can only hold me so long... And I only play COD when I feel like shooting someone, which isn't as often as you'd assume...

Buuuut I'm getting the Deadpool game here shortly, so that'll be funzies..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

JC:

Since All you guys are into mass Effect. I'll share that I just started an older title i picked up for 10 bucks. Dues Ex:Human Evolution. I'm guessing I'm only about 1/4 of the way through & it reminds me a ton of Mass effect 1 specifically. Only in the world more similar to Blade Runner.

I'm enjoying it, but I just finally ordered Assassin creed black flag, so it might be in danger of falling by the side of the gaming road.

To the person that views skyrim or fallout as too bulky of an RPG for there gaming preference. I agree with the guy that mentioned Dragon Age. I have Origins and really enjoyed it. I would have actually played it again with a different class,(which is rare for me) except Skyrim landed in my lap shorty after and that was that.

Deus Ex: Human Evolution is a phenomenal game. I rarely finish games because I eventually lose interest, but this was one of the few I completed over the past few years. $10 for it is a steal.

Since I got rid of my Xbox 360 and upgraded to the Xbox One, I can't play college football, college basketball, or baseball games. Since I still have my PS2, I just ordered College Hoops 2K8, NCAA Football '10, and MLB: The Show '11 from eBay for a total of about $15. Those should quench my thirst for those sports when I'm in the mood for them. Also, Battlefield 4 multiplayer is pretty great on the Xbox One with 32 vs. 32 matches. The graphics are incredible. Of course, I'm still logging serious time in Forza 5.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I've got this game on my Macbook. I play it when I visit my parents in Connecticut and don't have a videogame system.

I don't have any idea how far I am through it though. But I will say it's pretty good. Not Mass Effect good, but pretty good.

I do wish that I could play the game on a system instead of my computer though. I have a mouse for gaming on the Mac, but it just isn't the same as sitting on the couch with a controller in my hands. I've tried to reformat the game to fit my PS4 controller, but it just hasn't worked out. It's a total pain in the butt and I revert back to the mouse

O
Legend
Legend
O
Deus Ex is pretty good. The gameplay and story are both pretty good. I'd recommend this game to anyone that was interested in the Bioware games mentioned above.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I am Bolo Sanntooziiiii, I am part of the REEEEEEEEEparrrs.

I love that game. It's tons of fun!

I've been playing quite a bit of these two at the moment. I'm stuck doing a collect-a-thon in one and trudging through dungeons in the other.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 04/05/14 12:27 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How is that Wii U? I suspect I will get it soon enough. I have a bunch of PS3 games to get through, but then I will enter the new generation of gaming.

I want a PS4, but I feel that the Wii U will be dropping in price soon, and it offers something the PS4 and Xbox1 doesn't offer. And that's Nintendo 1st party games.

My plan, I'll pick up a PS4 for my normal gaming, and I'll pick up the WiiU for the nintendo games I always miss out on. I own a Wii, but it seems to be broken. My games won't play anymore, and I hate the motion controller thing anyway. I just like Mario Party (which I play with the g/f every now and then). But the WiiU has that gamepad which is nice. Looks ugly and stupid, but you put it in your hands and it's not bad. And I'll grab that controller to go with it (for when my g/f wants to play mario party and mario kart with me).

I think it's 300$ right now, but how do you like that system? I always hear there's no games, but how many hours do you say Mario3d and Zelda take? Then there'll be that Donkey Kong game which I enjoy screwing around on at Target.

How 3D is the new Mario? Because that damn Mario Galaxy got me so dizzy I started getting headaches. Is it like that?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think it's 300$ right now, but how do you like that system? I always hear there's no games, but how many hours do you say Mario3d and Zelda take? Then there'll be that Donkey Kong game which I enjoy screwing around on at Target.

Mario 3D is extremely short, maybe like 5 hours?

The new Donkey Kong is also pretty short but much much harder than Mario. I really enjoyed the challenge of DK, Mario was way too easy.

Zelda is much much longer, I am just over 1/4 of the way through the game and have spent probably around 5 hours on it. This is also my first Zelda game though since the SNES so I am exploring a lot.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I put in Metal Gear V over the weekend, it's fantastic. It's only the prologue to the main game that comes out later this year or next year and was short, but it was a great experience. I see a lot of replay value in it even though I completed all of the missions in about 4.5 hours, it will be fun to see how many different ways I can complete the missions and set my own objectives for myself (like completing a mission without touching and enemy). Anyway, very cool.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I purchased Child of Light on Xbox one this weekend. Its a classic turn based RPG. So far I enjoy it, great concept, I enjoy the story although it is kinda kiddy and cheesy its pretty cool.

It reminds me of the movie Pans Labyrinth in a video game form.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

MLB the Show 14 for PS4

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
FIFA 13 and Battlefield 3. I know I'm stuck in 2 years ago, lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

FIFA 13 and Battlefield 3. I know I'm stuck in 2 years ago, lol.

Diablo 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart (and I'm taking a break from Zelda Wind Waker, not sure if I'll ever go back to it though)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Currently playing MLB 14: The Show (PS4) and Mario Kart 8.

Will be playing some retro game as soon as my Retron 5 gets here on Wednesday!

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Speaking of retro gaming, me and the girlfriend went out the other night to this place called Galloping Ghost. 15$ gets in you, and it's all old coin op games. All the classic games you can think of. All free play. No quarters. So awesome.

If you guys ever get out to Chicago, I suggest going there for a night. They're open from 11-2am every single day of the year.

Gallopingghostarcade.com

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Speaking of retro gaming, me and the girlfriend went out the other night to this place called Galloping Ghost. 15$ gets in you, and it's all old coin op games. All the classic games you can think of. All free play. No quarters. So awesome.

If you guys ever get out to Chicago, I suggest going there for a night. They're open from 11-2am every single day of the year.

Gallopingghostarcade.com

Thanks man, the girlfriend and I will definitely check this out!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
UFC arrives in the mail today and I will be consumed by it. I love the demo and can't wait for the real game when I get home from work.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Gallopingghostarcade.com

Thanks man, the girlfriend and I will definitely check this out!

You guys should, I'm 32 years old, and it was a stroll through my childhood.

People that work there are very nice. They are true gamers. Turned down a liquor license because they knew that would drive away their own crowd. Kids, nerds, and not so much the bar scene.

He did say that your receipt is good for the day, so you are always welcome to go across the way to the nearby bar and come back.

Also, most of the games have a little card on the top that lets you know the world record score of the game, along with the building's own score. Some of them are the same. They've had several world records won in there apparently. Really cool stuff.

I think I probably would have dropped more than 15 bucks too. I put at least 5 bucks worth of credits into Operation Wolf.

Legend
Legend
Sperg, have you seen the King of Kong? If not, you should check it out.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

I have not, but now I want to see it after reading what it's about. Please tell me this is on Netflix instant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's not, but it is worth finding another avenue to watch, GREAT film. My wife hates video games and she loved it. You can probably rent it on Amazon for fairly cheap.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Phenomenal film, I own it on DVD. Also, if you're into that kind of documentary, see Air Guitar Nation as well. You will not be disappointed with either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Phenomenal film, I own it on DVD. Also, if you're into that kind of documentary, see Air Guitar Nation as well. You will not be disappointed with either.

I've watched a good bit of this documentary called The Smash Bros. based on competitive Super Smash Bros.

It was quite interesting. These people take it to all sorts of levels. Going to people's houses they never met and playing in weekend long tournaments. I just don't see myself going to someone's house, sleeping on their floor, and playing a videogame all weekend

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I wanna play that Dark Souls game, but that one has me nervous. It's supposed to take awhile to beat. I don't really have that kind of time now.

Dark Souls was probably one of the hardest game I ever played, it was more of an annoying enjoyable experience. Each weapon had a specific timings that you needed to figure out in order to beat NPCs. Every area was difficult, and its always a blast when another real player evades your game and hunts you down.

Its a time sink but you are not your forced to play, you can play an hour a day and still advance.

I remember one boss I died about 30 times. Another boss I quit the game for 3 months lol. (granted I am not a good video game player)

I got about 80% complete then my ps3 died and I wasn't able to finish it.

Last edited by Lurker; 06/18/14 12:15 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Dark Souls was probably one of the hardest game I ever played, it was more of an annoying enjoyable experience. Each weapon had a specific timings that you needed to figure out in order to beat NPCs. Every area was difficult, and its always a blast when another real player evades your game and hunts you down.

I've looked more into the game and decided I just don't have time for it. I want to play Zelda: Skyward Sword and I plan to grab a PS4 in the fall/christmas time. Mixed with some other PS3/Xbox games I still want to play, it's just not gonna be worth it I don't think

Currently I'm looking for a Mario Kart 8 download code for sale on Ebay, lol. But the kicker being, the Mario Kart 8 is registered to someone else's system, so I get the code for the game (as you can't have two Mario Kart's registered to one system and I already have one registered to mine)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/k
I was out and about this weekend & noticed walmart had a new wolfenstein out, I loved the 1st game. Really cut my teeth with the early computer game wolfenstein, then Doom. Anybody know anything about this new Wolfenstein? I really only like first person shooters, and their getting harder to find. Like Black was a good one. I hope this new Wolfy is a first person shooter.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/k
I was out and about this weekend & noticed walmart had a new wolfenstein out, I loved the 1st game. Really cut my teeth with the early computer game wolfenstein, then Doom. Anybody know anything about this new Wolfenstein? I really only like first person shooters, and their getting harder to find. Like Black was a good one. I hope this new Wolfy is a first person shooter.

Agreed, my favorite FPS of all time as well.

It is a FPS, but no multiplayer. The story does look interesting though, not sure if it's worth dropping 60 bucks on. Bethesda did it, so it may be worth it.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

j/k

Have it, Beat it, Loved it!

They focused solely on the game so there is no multiplayer. Great story and plot , many vulgar funny one liners.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Classic Game Room is a youtube channel that reviews games, new, old, you name it. I trust the guy very much, because I don't think he's ever influenced by anything other than the game itself. He doesn't play favorites with publisher or teams or any of that.

He was in love with this new Wolfenstein. He said it's like someone took an old Wolfenstein game, cloned it with Bioshock, and put 2014 graphics on it.

Although I did ask him about it, and he said if you can wait until you own a ps4, you will be rewarded with a better experience. Apparently the ps3 version just isn't that great. It will be a game I pick up whenever I decide to buy a ps4. Probably not until 2015.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I loved it, sometimes I was squealing like a school girl because of the craziness. For most of the game you can play stealth, or just balls to the walls, competently your choice. But when it gets hairy, its really crazy and i was playing it on normal, I can't imagine if it was on the "Ubier hard". There are more modes you can unlock to make the game harder.

After playing Wolfenstein I put in Titan fall and now I will be selling Titan fall because Wolfenstein was just more enyoyble to play.

There is also a cool easter egg in the game which I won't spoil unless someone wants to know.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks to all for the info. Looks like I'll be picking it up. I really don't want to spend that much, but I just got a gift card so I won't have to Thanks again

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Started Bioshock 2 over the weekend. I forgot how awesome those games are.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Going to download this one today, getting great reviews:

http://kotaku.com/shovel-knight-the-kotaku-review-1595949649

Eat it Phil...
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The more and more I read about this the more and more it makes me want to buy a 3ds.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Played it over the weekend, its fantastic.

Eat it Phil...
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming What games are you currently playing?

Link Copied to Clipboard