Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Yeah, let's fire them all!

These players have ended up w/double digit losses for 3 separate coaching staffs. But, they don't deserve any of the blame

No sir. Fire the coaching staff.

Sounds like the FO was listening.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Any word on if the assistants have survived the morning. I haven't read or seen anything yet?

Legend
Legend
They will be granted permission to interview elsewhere on a case by case basis, and the new head coach will have the right to hire his own staff, or retain coaches as he sees fit. (although I cannot see any coming back given the way things ended with Chud, and the way the front office blamed the staff for the way the players performed this year)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well i guess we know what happened to the coaching.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

(although I cannot see any coming back given the way things ended with Chud, and the way the front office blamed the staff for the way the players performed this year)

Truth on this statement...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

They will be granted permission to interview elsewhere on a case by case basis, and the new head coach will have the right to hire his own staff, or retain coaches as he sees fit. (although I cannot see any coming back given the way things ended with Chud, and the way the front office blamed the staff for the way the players performed this year)

That's pretty much what Banner eluded to in the Presser.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So, that means new everything to learn for the players: coaches, system, terminology.

We basically wasted a season.

I can respect that they at least admitted having made a mistake in the presser, but man....how stupid do they think we are to not see the hypocrisy when it comes to accountability, the "democracy" of the consensus and credibility/loyalty?

Btw, the masquarade of the consenus-setup is under-discussed on here. It was a setup to promote a GROUP direction, sharing blame and fame equally, but somehow there's a scapegoat in there to solely take the blame? and Banner talks about having made the right moves without giving a main cog in this "consensus", the HC, any props for it? and in turn takes no accountability for his aquisitions not improving enough? Hello? Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy here when it comes to this supposed consensus? Seems like Banner has split the fame and blame of this group thing to save his own end to me.
If it's not democratic, it's hierarchic with some guys being "more equal" than others, so either there is no consenus at all and it was all a farce or it was betrayed. The end result is the same: a big fat lie straight into our faces

I'm not sure how any player, be it our own guys or FAs, is going to believe one word these guys will say to them. They have no backbone.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

what happened to the coaching?

It got fired by a weasel and a jackass

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

what happened to the coaching?

It got fired by a weasel and a jackass

Deep breath, and tell us how you really feel.

I agree with you though. This duo gives me zero confidence.

"Why don't you ever have your GM, Michael Lombardi, at any of these press conferences?"

"It never really occurred to me."

Really?

The 3 Stooges, live and in color from Berea Ohio.

It would be funny, if it wasn't so damn sad. If this stuff were happening to the Steelers, Bengals, or Ravens, we'd all be laughing our asses off at them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I bitched about both of these guys when they were hired, Then I talked myself into calming down and giving them 3 years like I always give our draft choices. Now I have to say I was wrong for giving these clowns a chance, as neither one of them deserves it.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I bitched about both of these guys when they were hired, Then I talked myself into calming down and giving them 3 years like I always give our draft choices. Now I have to say I was wrong for giving these clowns a chance, as neither one of them deserves it.

it's their arrogance that got me during that presser, especially Haslam, he just had that I am rich and your not and it's my team not yours so I will do what I want, devil be damned; look and mannerisms, I am sure most owners feel that way and in fact I might as well, but you do not put it on display for all to see like this.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

We basically wasted a season.

Which the last group never got a pass on.

Quote:

Btw, the masquarade of the consenus-setup is under-discussed on here. It was a setup to promote a GROUP direction, sharing blame and fame equally, but somehow there's a scapegoat in there to solely take the blame? and Banner talks about having made the right moves without giving a main cog in this "consensus", the HC, any props for it? and in turn takes no accountability for his aquisitions not improving enough? Hello? Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy here when it comes to this supposed consensus? Seems like Banner has split the fame and blame of this group thing to save his own end to me.

It's funny how some fans will focus on part of what people say yet not other things they say. That was a great PR type statement, but in the end, Banner did own up to the truth.

He stated that he had the final say on things. Now that it was Haslam who spoke in the presser about the coaching change, one has to wonder just how involved the owner will actually be though.

Maybe he got "Bannered" by Haslam?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum what happened to the coaching?

Link Copied to Clipboard