Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
PitDAWG #831545 01/02/14 01:03 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
JC

I remember last year reading he was coming to Cleveland w a major chip on his shoulder cause he didn't land a head coaching gig somewhere.

So far no news of anyone being interested...

Swish #831546 01/02/14 01:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just clicking

I remember when this thread was about how we were going to lose Horton and how we could keep him and maybe where he'd end up...

LOL Amazing how a few weeks can change things

hey, is he staying here? or is there word teams are looking at him for the DC spot? i haven't seen anything, but i'm worried we gonna lose him.

I've actually not heard a word on the subject.. Just a ton of speculation.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
PitDAWG #831547 01/02/14 01:30 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just clicking

I remember when this thread was about how we were going to lose Horton and how we could keep him and maybe where he'd end up...

Yes it is. Some of the ones hoping we wouldn't lose him now have no problem with it because this FO told them they should suddenly think differently.

I don't know of whom you refer, but I can assure you, it isn't me LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
PitDAWG #831548 01/02/14 01:33 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Quote:

Just clicking

Yes it is. Some of the ones hoping we wouldn't lose him now have no problem with it because this FO told them they should suddenly think differently.

Not me.

I want Horton as HC.

It sucks what is happening to him, IMO.

Damanshot #831549 01/02/14 01:58 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I simply look at it this way. Any HC worth his salt, will want to hire his own coordinators. He won't simply walk into a situation where it's dictated to him he must stick with one who is here. Unless those claiming they simply want a yes guy are 100% correct.

The FO gave both Norv and Horton the right to seek employment elsewhere. I believe thinking that no other NFL teams would want Horton as at least their DC is kind of naïve.

So when people try to stick up for the firing of Chud, they have no problem seeing Horton gone too.

Yet those very same people felt Horton was an amazing hire when he came here.

Not saying everyone feels this way, but there are some.

And as far as him becoming the HC? I see about zero chance of this happening. You fire the HC because the team didn't improve. Can anyone point to ways the D improved the last half of the season? And the D had a lot more investments placed in it.

To me that would make about as much sense as preaching continuity then firing your HC after one season.

But then again after considering it, that sounds like something they might do!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #831550 01/03/14 08:13 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Legend
Legend
No lead is safe with this D. Even if it got the ball back, & got off the field, we lost. A bunch. In a row. And this D played a "softer" D in the end of the year. Not sure whether that is coincidence, but it seems unlikely.

This blame is warranted in my opinion. We kept getting torched by the same things all season. Deciding to blame the coach or players for bad season? So whichever is picked gives the other a pass. You can't divorce the scheme from the play anymore than splitting the dancer from the dance. If a coach can put you in the best position to win, he can also put you in a position to lose. Did you feel better about us and our D at the end of the season or the first part. Horton kept part of his best up his sleeve. I think he is a better coach perhaps, than we have had, but the scheme he chose to run as part of his gameday wasn't successful. Flawed players amplified bad assumptions on his part. And he was too stiff minded to return to what is on paper a good attack D, but not after Thanksfiving or thereabouts.

I learned this as an ignorant fan: We can drop as many as we like, and most of the time opponents complete passes. We do not dial up pressure enough, and the three-man rarely worked. It could, but we wanted to be passive and succeed. The rush mostly disappeared, the corners' cushions got deeper, and we did not challenge receivers successfully. Haden had some great games and I salute all who succeeded.
But we got many losses to consider. If Chud called off the D, then it is on him. The "gameplan" didn't work well. Often.

If he stays, I want the stronger game, not the philosophically flawed D that never found a way to stop stuff that gouged them week in and again.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Horton 2014

Link Copied to Clipboard