Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

I'm not in favor of the move, but if it is true it would not be based on this years record. Rather I would guess it has to do with what the FO is seeing as far as things like leadership, accountability, etc.. Basically, they would feel he doesn't have the personality traits to be a successful HC......problem with that is they hired him a year ago. Either way you slice it not a good start for the new FO at all.

This makes too much sense for most of the board to accept.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I may have to retire my interest in the Browns.

Nothing like hamstringing your new coach by taking away draft choices and trading your first round draft choice 3 weeks into the season, then blaming a poor season on him.

We are the Bungles and Lions of a few years ago.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
will they flip a coin too?

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
When your best RB is a guy we sign off another team's practice squad in what .... week 13 ...... and our best QB (before he got hurt) is a guy who was cut by the Cardinals in training camp ...... tthen you have major problems. Sorry, but no one wins in that situation.

While I don't agree with Chud going fr it all the time on 4th down, today I don't mind. He is being aggressive, and trying to convey an aggressive mindset to his team.

A few weeks ago Banner loved Chud, and spoke very highly of him.

Man .... I am just so incredibly ticked off by this whole stupidity.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This says way more about the FO than it says about Chud. Especially if they have a guy all lined up already.

Not to mention this starts the reboot/house cleaning/whatever you call it all over again.

I'm done. I cannot follow a team that's this stupid.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

This says way more about the FO than it says about Chud. Especially if they have a guy all lined up already.

Not to mention this starts the reboot/house cleaning/whatever you call it all over again.

Can we please wait and see if this is actually legit?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Well .... this is being reported far too much for there not to be smoke.

I agree with Bud Shaw here ......

Cleveland Browns are losing a game in Pittsburgh, but shouldn't be losing a head coach - Bud Shaw's Halftime Blog | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_are_losing_a.html

Rumor has it there was a first half Sunday at Heinz Field. I spent it watching Jason Campbell look like he wanted to come in out of the cold while I monitored “reports” that Rob Chudzinski’s job is under review.

Chudzinski’s first season has been a brutal one. The front office should send the message any way it feels necessary that much better will be expected from this team in 2014.

The second worst thing the new regime can do is speak to Browns’ fans next week at the annual blood-letting/press conference and send a message of ho-hum-we-knew-this-would-be-a-tough-year.

The worst thing it can do is fire another Browns’ head coach. Because if that happens, it’s not just a reflection on Chudzinski but on a front office that would be admitting it whiffed in its first big decision.

A front office that promised you’d see it make “smart decision” very soon after taking over from Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert.

You don’t hire a rookie head coach absolutely nobody else is interviewing, openly vow stability, then turn around and fire him after one season for looking like a rookie coach.

One season in which you gave him no help in the draft.

One season in which you traded away the No. 1 running back after two weeks and never tried to bolster the running game with a fullback.

Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner can’t possibly be happy with what they’ve seen over the past two months.

It’s been a brutal year for Chudzinski.

It’s also been a team effort that includes the front office.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Certainly we'll all wait to make any decisions we feel need to be made. But when they said "No Comment" when they could have at least made a half-hearted attempt to back their HC DURING a game.....That pretty much says it all.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
If any of this is true, and they don't want Turner or Horton to step in, we'll have another total coaching blowup. What a frickin' joke.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Let's see ...... we like the Penn State coach ..... but he chose to stay at Penn State last year .... but I''m sure he'd be happy to come to a stable situation here after we fire our head coach after 1 year.

Widespread speculation says Cleveland Browns coach Rob Chudzinski in jeopardy of being fired | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/rob_chudzinski_cleveland_brown_2.html

ESPN's John Clayton tweeted that he's hearing the same thing, and NFL Network's Albert Breer tweeted that these are the problems the front office has with Chudzinski: players not being held accountable, and a lack of decisiveness at big moments.

Breer reports that if Chudzinski is fired, New England's Josh McDaniels and Penn State's Bill O'Brien would likely top the list.

Here are some things I've been hearing:

• Browns CEO Joe Banner liked McDaniels even years ago when he was in Philadelphia.

• O'Brien will most likely go to Houston. He interviewed with the Browns last year, but opted to stay at Penn State.

• Browns general manager Mike Lombardi likes O'Brien, but he'd be more likely to go to Houston, a source said.

• Profootballtalk.com reported that O'Brien parted ways with agent Joe Linta and is now represented by Cleveland-based Neil Cornrich.

• Cornrich also works with Bill Belichick and goes way back with Lombardi.

• I heard last week that there was an issue with Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner, possibly involving a change in job description regarding his son, Scott, the Browns receivers coach.

• I also heard that the Browns wanted Chudzinski to hold some players, such as Greg Little, more accountable -- perhaps even cut him during the season. (ME) Why? From all reports, Little hasn't had a work problem. He's had an ability problem. He has talent, but has had issues putting it all together. What message would cutting him in the middle of the season convey? Work hard, and we'll cut you if you don't play well ..... but Bes should get a pass because this front office brought him in?

* Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was particularly steamed after last week's 24-13 loss to the Jets, unhappy with the team's effort.

* Chudzinski and Lombardi have clashed recently .(Well, this might be the real reason)

Stay tuned for more on the Chudzinski reports and rumors.

Man, I hate the idea of hiring a guy who failed so completely in Denver. McDanielshad a talented team in Denver, and wanted his QB ..... Tim Tebow. Let's go hire him ...... he's a great judge of QB talent ...... :bickwall:

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

if this is true ... and I highly doubt it is ... unless Chud wanted out for some reason I will be following U out the door .... this move would just be the last straw ...

I don't care if he did Lombardi, Banners or Haslams wife ... U keep him and Norv and Horton if possible .. there the 3 best parts of our entire org. ...

I see no scenario in witch this is true ... NONE ... so its prolly true ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought it wasn't the job of the HC to cut players?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
The report I just posted said that Chud and Lombardi have clashed lately. That could be the real reason behind this.

If the HC and GM clash, the GM, who the President went out on a very thin limb to hire, is most likely to survive.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.." I don't care if he did Lombardi, Banners or Haslams wife ... U keep him and Norv and Horton if possible .. there the 3 best parts of our entire org. ..."

I have felt this way from the beginning .. Problem is that Banner Has Haslam hood winked !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

. Problem is that Banner Has Haslam hood winked !

yeah... see Lombardi

how many first round punters/kickers have ever been drafted?

Legend
Legend
personally..

i rather have lovie smith as coach.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Remember when everyone was so happy when the Browns hired Lombardi? Oh wait, that was nobody (well, maybe Vers)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I thought it wasn't the job of the HC to cut players?

Maybe Lombardi wanted to cut Little and Chud fought to keep him. That would link the wanting to cut Little midseason and Chud and Lombardi clashing.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Remember when everyone was so happy when the Browns hired Lombardi? Oh wait, that was nobody (well, maybe Vers)

I was livid. I gave him some credit for some of the picks/trades but I was not happy with most of our picks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think that anyone was thrilled with the Lombardi hire, but some of us figured we might as well see how it goes, and give him a "clean slate", especially since we, as fans, can do nothing about it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that anyone was thrilled with the Lombardi hire, but some of us figured we might as well see how it goes, and give him a "clean slate", especially since we, as fans, can do nothing about it.

clean slate? he had a history of being completely trash. there was no reason to believe he would change. and if these rumors are true, then you guys thinking this definitely got played.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I never got a handle on the Haslam /Banner hook up .. Yea , I read the reports that the NFL brass put them together ... Still not sure what Haslam thought he was buying in Banner ..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's funny how something small instantly changes your perception. Earlier today I was following all of the games to see how our draft position might end up. The game started to get away so I looked into transferring my old retirement funds from when I taught in Alabama like I've been meaning to do lately.

I come back on and then I notice statements like "if the rumors are true" and started looking into it only to find this info. Suddenly I'm not longer watching other games, the Red Zone channel gets changed on the TV, and I stop even paying attention to the game.

Another HC change makes me completely uninterested in the off-season. I no longer care about how the draft shapes out, who we get in free agency, and if we re-sign our guys. If it happens, way to finally make me uninterested .

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

clean slate? he had a history of being completely trash. there was no reason to believe he would change. and if these rumors are true, then you guys thinking this definitely got played.

How? By hoping for the best?

I know ...if only we'd been more pessimistic, then things would have been better ........ somehow ....... I guess ...........

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How? By hoping for the best?

I know ...if only we'd been more pessimistic, then things would have been better ........ somehow ....... I guess ...........

thats not what i'm saying. what i'm saying is how could we expect him to be any better.

we have no control on who gets hired. so while i understand why you HOPED he would be different, the reality is he sucks, so when fans act surprised when reality kicks in, i'm confused, knowing the history of him.

that goes to banner as well. lombardi has a history of being craptastic, how does he expect him to be any different? because he's in charge now?

Last edited by Swish; 12/29/13 04:57 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
UNBELIEVELAND!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
j/c

Maybe we make Horton our HC?

Needless to say, if this move is made, I will be very disappointed. Hate to keep guys around for the sake of keeping them around, but yeesh.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

Needless to say, if this move is made, I will be very disappointed. Hate to keep guys around for the sake of keeping them around, but yeesh.

No chance.

If they aren't happy with the team in general, then they cannot be happy with the defense in which they invested so heavily.

One thing mentioned was that Haslam was disappointed in us losing to the Jets. I wonder if he saw them knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs today, on the road, to go to 8-8?

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
j/c...

First off, I completely agree that firing a new head coach after one single season is absolutely ridiculous!!!

That being said..... if your not sold on your coach and it is a certainty that your org is going to draft a QB in the first round, it "could" be best to make the coaching change during that pre draft off season.
Just food for thought. Since QB's and coaches are tied so closely together.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
NRTU

If they fire Chud after 1 year, as a rookie head coach, the whole FO needs to go. If he wasn't your coach why did you hire him? I know it's a results business but I have been enthused by the performances this year more than any year I can recall excluding when DA did a deal with the tooth fairy.

FAs will not choose to come here.

Coaches and staff - I mean elite personnel - will not come to an organisation who behaves with such moral apathy.

I will root and watch the Browns forever and a day but even I can see that if they fire Chud, short of hiring Billy boy from NE, we will AGAIN be at square 1. The most galling thing is - we had started to look like we weren't too far away - genuinely and for the long term.

Go Browns.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Maybe this is what Horton meant this weekend when he said he hopes he doesn't get fired?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

If they fire Chud after 1 year, as a rookie head coach, the whole FO needs to go. If he wasn't your coach why did you hire him?

Which is why I don't think it is gonna happen.

But I do think there is something going on between coaches and FO....just not sure what it is OR what it is about. However, I do have my guesses, but that's not relevant at this point.

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

No chance.

If they aren't happy with the team in general, then they cannot be happy with the defense in which they invested so heavily.

One thing mentioned was that Haslam was disappointed in us losing to the Jets. I wonder if he saw them knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs today, on the road, to go to 8-8?

Yeah i would think if anyone would be more likely to get fired it would probably be horton. His gameplans/playcalling cost us at least 4 games down the stretch.. that can't look good to haslam and co

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Since when has a guess being irrelevant stopped anyone from posting that guess?

Guess away, man!!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

The report I just posted said that Chud and Lombardi have clashed lately. That could be the real reason behind this.

If the HC and GM clash, the GM, who the President went out on a very thin limb to hire, is most likely to survive.

If it's a power struggle and our coaches get fired after 1 year because of lombardi..........screw it. I won't be going to a game next year, let alone 3.

If they fire Chud.......they'd damn well better finish 12-4 at a minimum for me to ever buy tickets again, let alone more Browns stuff. Jimmy better think this over real well. He stands to lose a lot of butts in the seats, and a lot of Browns gear sold.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Disagreement between Chud and Lombardi on QBs.

Also, Campbell will not be back. Good riddance. Maybe he can take Toad with him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Also, Campbell will not be back. Good riddance. Maybe he can take Toad with him.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Jimmy better think this over real well. He stands to lose a lot of butts in the seats, and a lot of Browns gear sold.

That simply won't happen if the Browns win.

C
1st String
1st String
C
Chud wasn't the FOs first choice for the HC job,and I'm sure he still isn't.He is just a stop gap,until they get their man.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

That simply won't happen if the Browns win.

True. But you're a Vegas guy....what are the odds that we fire our coaching staff and turn around and have a winning season? Keeping in mind who we have doing the drafting.....

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard