Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
A
Legend
Legend
A

Quote:

Someone should compile a list of those that say they won't be back if Chud's fired. I'll be cheering for the Browns no matter how crappy they play, and so will everybody else here. It's in our blood, however sad that may be lol. I won't go to many games until they start winning, but I'll always be a Browns fan. The Browns are bigger than whoever the coach or GM are.

Arch and his wife. Make that the first note. We'll still go to Cleveland. Hang out and party Saturday night. Hit some tailgates Sunday morning........then we'll probably head home and listen to the game on the radio.

We always have a good time sat. night and at the tailgate Sunday morning.

But, like I said, IF they fire chud and the coaching staff, the damn well better finish 12-4 or better in regular season.

I doubt I'll physically attend a game next year, or years after, if they fire Chud and don't end up producing a winner.

Jimmy has some big decisions to make. I hope he makes them wisely. The paying public is watching.

Gotta edit this to say I will be watching on tv........but I'm dead serious about not attending games if they fire chud and end up not winning. We'll go to Cleveland and spend our money.........just not on Browns tickets.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 12/29/13 07:07 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lombardi wants a puppet so get ready to say hello to McDaniel.

Legend
Legend
I've only been going to 1 game a year for quite some time, but I'm still a Browns fan and will continue to be. If they start winning consistently, I'll go to more games.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quarterback...the reason for all of this. These guys couldn't rally behind nor have any hopes for either Weeden or JC. Hoyer may or may not have been lightening in a bottle. My guess is he would have cooled off. Regardless, once he went down, this FO did NOTHING to bring a strong backup in therefore putting the screws to Chud and company.

Who in their right mind would think this the idea spot to coach?!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

on a side note.

isn't it weird how chud was the OC in carolina, and they went 7-9?

they have a new OC, and this year they have no less than a 2nd round bye?

crazy.,

Not really.

Defense is carrying that team this year. They have actually dropped in offensive and scoring rankings from last year to this year. Last year they were 12th in yards on offense, and 18th in points scored. This year they are 25th in yards on offense, and 19th in scoring.

Last year the Panthers allowed 363 points. This year they have allowed 241. They scored 357 pints last year, and have scored 366 this year.

Last year Newton threw 19 TD with 12 INT. This year it was 22 TD and 12 INT.

Defense turned things around in Carolina.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wasnt long ago haslam promised the fans stability lol that didnt take long. As for the turners, no oc is gonna look good with neither a qb nor a rb. BTW not long ago everyone was saying this team had no talent, We get 5 or 6 guys into the pro bowl and we want to fire the HC lol. hilariously pathetic

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

on a side note.

crazy.,

Not really.

Defense is carrying that team this year. They have actually dropped in offensive and scoring rankings from last year to this year. Last year they were 12th in yards on offense, and 18th in points scored. This year they are 25th in yards on offense, and 19th in scoring.

Last year the Panthers allowed 363 points. This year they have allowed 241. They scored 357 pints last year, and have scored 366 this year.

so cam and his late game comebacks, his 6 games with a 100 passer rating or more had nothing to do with it, there rushing game either?

huh.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Sticking with that decision or mistake is what ticks me off.

You mean like your Gators did with Muschamp...lol. Sorry low blow I know..lol.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Jimmy haslam i have a feeling is going to be allot like Jerry Jones and Al Davis...AND THATS NOT GOOD................banner is a tyrant and a jerk....and lombardi thinks he is the smartest football man on earth. Mingo looks like the next wimbley...which is sad because wimbley had a better rookie year. Mcfadden looks like nothing more then a special teams player at best.......

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think I got it figured out.

Banner and Lombardi are firing Chud for not tanking the season when they traded away Richardson and inserted a 3rd string QB. They wanted the #1 pick and when Chud found a way to win it spelled dome for him.

Lombardi is a terrible snake in the grass.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am so disgusted with the Mgmt and Ownership of this team. This is the most screwed up thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

uggggggggggggggggggggggghhh, say it aint so.

Maybe we will trade one Nepitostic tandem for another... Shannahans anyone?

Not me.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jimmy could be wearing orange in 2014.

We will see if Goodell demands from owners their good behavior as he does the players.

NFL will become the new WWF...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Jimmy haslam i have a feeling is going to be allot like Jerry Jones and Al Davis...AND THATS NOT GOOD................banner is a tyrant and a jerk....and lombardi thinks he is the smartest football man on earth. Mingo looks like the next wimbley...which is sad because wimbley had a better rookie year. Mcfadden looks like nothing more then a special teams player at best.......

I am starting to think that Banner is Pig Face in drag.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

uggggggggggggggggggggggghhh, say it aint so.

Maybe we will trade one Nepitostic tandem for another... Shannahans anyone?

Not me.

i wouldn't mind shanahan.

at least we know we will be able to run the ball.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I don't want Urban Meyer he almost had a heart attack thinking abouit having to square off with Nick Saban again while at Florida. What do you think he would do seeing Bill Belichick on the other side line.

I agree on Urban.....I like the man and appreciate what he did for my team, but he left for easy pickings....JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am so disgusted with the Mgmt and Ownership of this team. This is the most screwed up thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

Right there with ya Eve.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And pro players would run all over Tressel. He couldn't control kids barely out of high school.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This says way more about the FO than it says about Chud. Especially if they have a guy all lined up already.

Not to mention this starts the reboot/house cleaning/whatever you call it all over again.

I'm done. I cannot follow a team that's this stupid.

So far, all it really says anything about is the media. The Browns haven't spoken out at all

It may turn out to be factual, but wow, the only ones talking is the media.

I'm not going to get mad until something happens.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm taking next year off with the option for years 2 & 3. I will come back if they turn it around but face it, they won't. Not like this. No good team does this stuff and no team that runs things this way gets good. Whatever. It's not About Chud personally. I actually do like him but again, whatever. It's about the relentless mess. Hey, they picked a guy a year ago that they were this wrong about this fast? We got a new owner and with him a new FO and we dared to dream that we wouldn't make the same mistakes over and over again and guess what.... It's worse, actually worse than it was before. 1 year? Lol. I just, I don't know man... I just don't have faith in this team, the group of guys in stearage. I'll never root for another team but I'm a busy guy and they're wearing me out. They're losing me. How about trying the one thing, the ONLY thing that hasn't been tried up to now. Back a guy and ride it out for 4 or 5 years. We really know NOTHING about Chud. You think you do but you don't. This is just so, so stupid.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 12/29/13 07:24 PM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

I am starting to think that Banner is Pig Face in drag.

the knock on banner was he cares about money to much, makes rash decisions, doesnt like players over the age of 29., doesnt care about how the players feel or the team.......AND......he fancy's himself a football guru.......

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

on a side note.

crazy.,

Not really.

so cam and his late game comebacks, his 6 games with a 100 passer rating or more had nothing to do with it, there rushing game either?

huh.

Sure he did. However, he really hasn't done much more than he did last year overall.

The defense is why they are winning games. They have allowed 122 less points this year than last. That is a major change ...... more than any change the QB has made.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow, that's really ballsy. Not sure how I feel about it but here are the facts.

We lost plenty of games late, that we should have won. We consistently had poor communication and constantly burned timeouts in the first and 3rd quarters because the offense couldn't get it figured out. We had a worse record than we did last year with arguably more talent.

Crazy. Not sure what to think.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Sticking with that decision or mistake is what ticks me off.

You mean like your Gators did with Muschamp...lol. Sorry low blow I know..lol.

No low blow....I don't like Muschump all that much, but our OC was a joke.....I am good with the Chump being given another year. We have had a pretty good recruiting year, and if you don't know, we did have a HIGH number of starters fall to injury.

We'll see on the Chump. Next year tells his tale.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
According to Rappaport and some other NFL network guys, this is coming from Haslam because he didn't like the "fire" the team showed down the stretch, thought the adjustments were lacking, and he didn't hold players accountable.

In short, Jiimmy is way too involved if this is true.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

According to Rappaport and some other NFL network guys, this is coming from Haslam because he didn't like the "fire" the team showed down the stretch, thought the adjustments were lacking, and he didn't hold players accountable.

If Haslam is making football decisions, we're screwed.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

jerry jones? they look a like

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If this goes down we will lose our FA's and have a boatload of money for FA's with exactly zero top level guys wishing to come here (if any).

Only hope would be a dynamic coach who men would love to play for.
Who that would be and what would draw them here I couldn't tell ya!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Really? I thought it was a "consensus"

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Maybe too soon to say if Haslam is too involed or not, but I agree it is probably Haslam....he wants to win. If nothing else, it's hard to sell ticket increases when the team keeps winning 4 games a year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

So we're destined to be America's Team II..

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe too soon to say if Haslam is too involed or not, but I agree it is probably Haslam....he wants to win. If nothing else, it's hard to sell ticket increases when the team keeps winning 4 games a year.

Here's an out of sight thought: How about winning games BEFORE you raise ticket prices? I know it seems odd in this day and age.......but, it would work.

Can't keep starting over from zero folks. It gets us......zero.

Haslem, keep your damn hands off of things. This aint a truck stop your daddy bought, bud.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So we're destined to be America's Team II..

Yep, only without a QB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Remember the big deal made early in Haslams tenure when he waved at a terrible play and everyone went crazy over it?
Perhaps, yet again, Jimmy let his emotions run wild, made a comment and it got picked up and blown out of proportion.

Who knows. Media today are like buzzards and run with any little crumb.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree on ticket prices,

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Was this team more talented than last years squad? If not, then the front office didn't do their job. If the team was more talented than last year, then the coaching staff didn't get as much out of them as last years staff, so THEY didn't do their jobs. One way or the other someone screwed up. Unfortunately, for this Coaching staff the guy that decides who screwed up is Banner. He's not going to admit he has any blame in this...

I somehow don't believe Chud will be fired. Rumors have surrounded this team since Jimmy bought the club. 99.9% of them turned out to be false... but if they do flush Chud, good luck finding anyone that wants to coach for this franchise.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Just... wow.

I won't panic or make any bold declarations. For all we know its a wise move.

All I will say is his replacement had better prove to be a blockbuster, knocked-out-of-the-park hire.

And it just doesn't feel right.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

Was this team more talented than last years squad? If not, then the front office didn't do their job. If the team was more talented than last year, then the coaching staff didn't get as much out of them as last years staff, so THEY didn't do their jobs. One way or the other someone screwed up. Unfortunately, for this Coaching staff the guy that decides who screwed up is Banner. He's not going to admit he has any blame in this... .

This is what I have been saying all year. We got zero value out of players from last years draft. He did ok in FA but did not fill our gaping holes.

Hard to win when front office trades your best rb with no viable backup, use 3 qbs during the year, and completely ignore glaring holes on both sides of the ball. We still dont have a fullback on the team.

Legend
Legend
If they make a change, after only one year, then they are saying that the head coach is what held this team back.

With $40 million in cap room, and multiple extra draft picks, if they make a change, this team better win 10+ games next year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

This move if true is completely outrageous. What this ownership and management team deserve, and really needs, is zero fans in the seats. Nothing short of total boycott. Until the fans revolt en mass, ownership and management will continue to treat the organization as their own personal ATM machine kept stocked by the "gullible rubes" that comprise its fanbase.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard