Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm not going anywhere, and have tried to buy into the new regime.....but these guys are goofs. Dysfunctional as usual.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

The last four coaches fired in the AFC North have been the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

I can't help but laugh....

The next coach will be our 5th since 2008 .

Simply amazing.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You don't fire a coach after one year unless you have someone in your pocket already. So who is it.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not mad at all. I will be happy as hell to see certain guys abandon the team.

Unfortunately, you won't be one of them. You were one of the loudest guys blaming Chud for our record.

Hope you are happy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dont worry vers I wont be coming around to often other than to say hi to a few folks on here but I am done as a Browns fan. to hell with Banner and Lombardi.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

You don't fire a coach after one year unless you have someone in your pocket already. So who is it.

I've been thinking this very thing....but they have to interview Horton first!

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

the thinks... Norv Turner and the was a coo late in the season

this team needs to be changed to the Cleveland Nimrods.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Not mad at all. I will be happy as hell to see certain guys abandon the team.

Unfortunately, you won't be one of them. You were one of the loudest guys blaming Chud for our record.

Hope you are happy.

i'm not happy at all. i actually hope you LEFT, since you were insulting anybody that didn't support this FO, and they straight up lied to us, just like the guy you and UB use to call pig face.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
wow... its just shocking. what a dysfunctional franchise.
There has to be a big name coming, otherwise how else do you sell this to "the loyal fan base"
Gruden and Saban fit the bill. O'Brien does not. McDaniels does not.

I just don't see how free agents would give the browns a second look. Money talks, but it will take a lot of it to snag top guys.

This is ridiculous. I am sorry to be a browns fan tonight. More disappointed then with any loss this year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The Browns sure deliver as post-season "drama queens" yet again.

Man your not kidding....And seems they did fire him....So the drama just begins.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC

The real problem now is not who we get as coach, but that the evil will remain and that is criminal Haslam. The best thing that could happen is that his butt ends up in jail and the team is forced to be sold. Nobody is ever going to respect this guy at all and he is the MAIN root of the problem now. I didn't think it could get worse than Randy, but he is it.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
E
Legend
Legend
E
I place my bets on Shanahan.

No Craps Given
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

I thought the same thing. Whoever it is, hope it is a done deal. And then what does that say about the new guy- a classy weasel!!! That sounds like McDaniel.......

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

There has to be a big name coming, otherwise how else do you sell this to "the loyal fan base"

Jack DelRio. That would be my choice.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tony Dungy just shakes his head...

McDaniel has to finish the season. Can he even have been negotiating?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the same thing. Whoever it is, hope it is a done deal. And then what does that say about the new guy- a classy weasel!!! That sounds like McDaniel.......

Weasel = Shannahan

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
M
Legend
Legend
M
jc

I feel pretty bad for Chud....this was his dream job. Even after getting let go in 2008 he always thought he'd get a chance to come back. Well, he did....to a garbage situation, an unfair opportunity, and the scapegoat of an unsuccessful year.

Good luck, Chud. You didn't deserve to go down like this. Not this way and not this fast.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Gruden

Who is perfectly happy flapping his jaws on MNF. Not coming here...

Quote:

and Saban fit the bill.

Tried the NFL once for a few days. Never again...

#gmstrong.
C
1st String
1st String
C
Who knows,but they already made up their minds awhile ago.When you fire your coach right after the game,the deal was a forgone conclusion.I'm fine with it too,because he was never the guy they wanted to begin with.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers......what's your theory on why they did this? Mine is behind the scenes they felt that Chud just wasn't the guy they thought they were getting......or Haslem went knee jerk Lerner style. My concern is much like Holmgren/Heckert after the Mangini fiasco.....you hired/kept them and that decision was so bad you had to undo it in a year????? Not a good sign at all.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Weasel = Shannahan

Weasel = Haslam/Banner/Lombardi

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

I don't think we should have fired Chud. However, it will be nice to see the board lose certain posters. Hopefully, they will stay true to their word and not come back.

oh lord here we go.....

does it always have to resort to this? emotions are running high right now, juices are flowing...just give it a rest on this kinda petty nonsense already...its bad enough people are mad about firing a coach after 1 season, i don't really think these kind of statements are appropriate or productive at all.

M
Legend
Legend
M
JC:

Guesses anyone?

4-3 or 3-4 defense next year?

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Maybe a 5-2.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yeah. I just saw Dungy's "whoa" reaction. I just don't understand the firing of a coach who had no talent to work with on offense and incompetent QB after QB. I mean he made some mistakes but he was a rookie head coach. You're going to mess up while learning sometimes. That's expected. Also it's not Chud's fault that B & L didn't properly give him the talent to work with via the draft and free agency (FB,CB, RB, QB). Some how B & L need to also be held responsible right now. Unfortunately, tomorrow they'll have some tow the line press conference trying to explain their stupid actions. Frankly anything they say at this point I take as a half lie. Do they really think people actually believe what they're saying???

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Folks are talking Turner or Horton. They could have had either one over Chud last year and they claim they didn't get there man. By reason that eliminates either of those two!

Wait and see if Norvs son Scott isn't the guy. something was said earlier about a shift in his title/duties.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Folks are talking Turner or Horton. They could have had either one over Chud last year and they claim they didn't get there man. By reason that eliminates either of those two!

Wait and see if Norvs son Scott isn't the guy. something was said earlier about a shift in his title/duties.

My guess is neither of those two. After this one-year firing, someone must be on radar and it better be a good one.

Tackles are tackles.
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

That would be nepotism at its finest. So that has to be it.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

That would be nepotism at its finest. So that has to be it.

Mrs. Turner can come in and do laundry!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I would hope not...His wr's were awful and ask yourself... do you really want another rookie HC ?

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

This is ridiculous. I am sorry to be a browns fan tonight. More disappointed then with any loss this year.

WORD!

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c..

We'll get some bottom barrel coach who will be a yes man to Banner and Lombardi (see McDaniels).

A big name coach will not come here without full authority and Banner nor Lombardi will give that up.
Any talk of a Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, Saban type coming here is utter nonsense.

What top tier coach would want to come here without the QB position resolved too?

Looking forward to the sales pitch coming from Banner and Co. though to us fans. Those are always fun.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Reports from Grossi indicate Chud favored Weeden over Hoyer to start the year and that didn't sit well with the FO. The FO was right on that one lol

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I don't think we should have fired Chud.

I feel like I felt when Hoyer went down.

the very idea of starting over again leaves me lifeless.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There were rumors last night and today that the Texans and BO'b were cooling on each other. The only way this remotely makes since is if they get someone like that. Heck if they pull off BOb I will be impressed at the upgrade...lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I would hope not...His wr's were awful and ask yourself... do you really want another rookie HC ?

It's not what we want. The two football geniuses Jimmy Bugsy Haslem brought in are the brains of this outfit.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did you go and enjoy the game ?

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

I place my bets on Shanahan.

Why would you want Shanahan? He hasn't done anything since he had John Elway.

I think getting a QB and a RB is more important right now...personally, i hope they give Norv Turner or Ray Horton the job, this way we can keep the staff in place and have some sort of continuity....the Air Coryell offense will work if we can get a QB.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Dont worry vers I wont be coming around to often other than to say hi to a few folks on here but I am done as a Browns fan. to hell with Banner and Lombardi.

That really sucks. I hope you re-consider it, as bad and hilariously hypocritical as this situation is. Always respected your opinions, evaluations and loved your optimism on everything Browns. You'd be a huge loss to this board and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that.
That said, I probably will visit less too, though I will still give this next draft a last go, but next season? Meh, new QB, new HC, new OC, new system, same BS while wasting a prime year of half a dozen PBowlers. Just feels incredibly hopeless.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

There were rumors last night and today that the Texans and BO'b were cooling on each other. The only way this remotely makes since is if they get someone like that. Heck if they pull off BOb I will be impressed at the upgrade...lol.

I have a sinking feeling it is going to be Schwartz.
He comes off as a giagantic dirtbag. He will fit right in.
Maybe Del Rio?

Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard