Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

This sounds like a move made by Haslam to me. And that does concern me. He is the one who said we would have continuity. One year and we blow it up. Pffftttttttttt

It was Haslam. Apparently the whole patience is a virtue thing is something he doesn't believe in.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now it seems that less than a year after Joe Banner told the fans that he had his eye on Chudzinski for years, he decides he’s not worthy.

After Jimmy ripping people off on rebates/commiting mass fraud, it doesn't surprise me that he hired another backstabber in Banner. afterall, should we have expected less from someone with Jimmy's character? LOL!

Your statements are pathetic.

For the record, I'm not going to say whether I think that he should have been fired or not. But, on the face of it, the Browns had Chudzinski, a first time HC, as their primary guy. They got for him a respected OC and a respected DC. Collectively, they blew it and didn't get the job done. Will Norv Turner and Ray Horton (et al) be following him out the door? Probably so.

You may not like it, but going 4-12 with that much help around you isn't likely to make your boss happy if your an NFL HC.

If only we had Mr. Miagi to rub his hands together to heal all the inopportune injuries at the moment they happened. All might be well.

Nope instead we get another rebuild. and this time only on the one year plan.
YAY! It will be soo exciting to see all the fresh green players with deer in the headlights looks on their faces again. Until the next yearly regime change.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

You wanna excuse these pieces of crap, go ahead. They freaking quit and I can not excuse that in any shape or manner. We need a culture change w/this team. And until we change this culture, the draft is going to be a more popular topic than the playoffs.
I

There was absolutely no fight or pride in them today. Record or not, this was Steeler week and it didn't matter to them. Whatever happened to ruin your rivals chances of making the play-offs? Or just plain beating them BECAUSE of who they are?

I get the distinct impression this team has taken on the personality not unsimilar to Romeo's last year- way too comfortable with themselves, coach coddled certain players. No discipline, no recourse. Gordon jogged thru routes today, Thomas was just plain awful. Campbell couldn't get to the heater fast enough on the sideline.Team leaders barely going through the motions.

Yea...I'm ok with dumping a HC over this last ten weeks, one year in or not, rotating QB or not. Its about effort, and every time the game got hard, they folded. Soft like a cookie.Unacceptable

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
to have a culture change you have to be willing to part with some guys that none of us would like. I am a Reds fan, and remember hating it when they traded Dunn because he was the only guy that produced. In hindsight though they had to. A guy who had spent his entire career in a culture of losing couldn't change the culture.....hell he didn't know anything else. So they dumped him and signed Rolen who could lead by example to the young guys they had coming up.

Not naming specific people, but I would be careful who I offered to sign this off season....and if someone demands a trade as has been mentioned and I can get good value for it then i do it. I don't agree with the firing of Chud but it's fairly obvious the team quit on him. I mean how can you have more pro bowlers than wins?????.....mind boggling. This can be salvaged with the right hire, but they have to bring the right guy in....and as you alluded to remove some of the wrong ones.

Last edited by BigWillieStyle; 12/30/13 12:06 AM.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

If only we had Mr. Miagi to rub his hands together to heal all the inopportune injuries at the moment they happened. All might be well.

YAY! It will be soo exciting to see all the fresh green players with deer in the headlights looks on their faces again. Until the next yearly regime change.

Another rebuild? Why? There are football players on this team. We'll have a new HC and probably a new coaching staff. *shrug* Maybe someone that'll last only a year until the next HC takes his place. I'd rather go one-&-done instead of continue with something that doesn't improve (and don't give me the injuries or QB inconsistencies). It happens to be the plays executed on the field and the play calling that got Chud fired.

I'm not sure I like the move, but I can certainly understand it from Haslam's viewpoint. I'm sure that a 4-12 season isn't what he expected when he shelled out more than $1 billion to buy the team.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I speak tongue in cheek only cause truth seems stranger than fiction a la Major League

So what's the bar for the coach next year? What if he doesn't win 4 games? Fire him?

This FO just took the word credibility and dropped a deuce on it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You actually have a good point.

I think we have a ton of soft players on this team. They aren't winners.

Gordon gets a ton of love, but he made me sick w/his effort the last couple of weeks.

Haden? He injured his hip two weeks ago. He plays last week. Makes the Pro Bowl on Friday, Sits out against our biggest rival this week. Yeah........that's our leader.

Ward? Were we going through a walk through today? And people love this guy?

I watch the OL run onto the field. and here comes Little and Gordon.............walking like they don't even wanna be there.

Oh, and players........I got news for you............if you wanna keep your coach, try playing harder and executing plays. You seem like a group of excuse makers to me who shift blame to others. A couple of weeks ago a bunch of you were complaining about the coaching and now you are upset that Chud got axed? Sounds hypocritical to me.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

You wanna excuse these pieces of crap, go ahead. They freaking quit and I can not excuse that in any shape or manner. We need a culture change w/this team. And until we change this culture, the draft is going to be a more popular topic than the playoffs.
I

There was absolutely no fight or pride in them today. Record or not, this was Steeler week and it didn't matter to them. Whatever happened to ruin your rivals chances of making the play-offs? Or just plain beating them BECAUSE of who they are?

I get the distinct impression this team has taken on the personality not unsimilar to Romeo's last year- way too comfortable with themselves, coach coddled certain players. No discipline, no recourse. Gordon jogged thru routes today, Thomas was just plain awful. Campbell couldn't get to the heater fast enough on the sideline.Team leaders barely going through the motions.

Yea...I'm ok with dumping a HC over this last ten weeks, one year in or not, rotating QB or not. Its about effort, and every time the game got hard, they folded. Soft like a cookie.Unacceptable

I can't really disagree with any of this. We all saw it with our own eyes. Like you, I've seen it week in and week out.

Further, it has occurred to me that this firing is also a message to those folks that you mentioned, among others, that lack of effort will not be accepted.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Robert Kraft and Arthur Blank told Jimmy don't expect a quick fix right away. They told this guy to be patient, especially in our division, which is usually pretty tough. I'm not sure this guy is cut out to be an nfl owner for the long haul, if he makes a desperation move like he did today.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll name a few: Ward, Haden, and Taylor.

Front runners.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I am also waiting to hear about a press conference scheduled tomorrow morning.....all three- Haslem, Banner, and Lombardi need to be waddling out for this one.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I speak tongue in cheek only cause truth seems stranger than fiction a la Major League

So what's the bar for the coach next year? What if he doesn't win 4 games? Fire him?

This FO just took the word credibility and dropped a deuce on it.

I'm not sure that they did. I think that their statement stood for itself. The team expected progress as the season went on. It didn't happen and the team actually regressed after Hoyer went down with injury.

Unfortunately, someone had to take the blame and it ended up being Chudzinski (and probably the coordinators and coaches).

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Another rebuild? Why? There are football players on this team.

I was just thinking about this- and decided a rebuild would be necessary. How will the new staff win over the locker room. The old vets have seen regimes come and go.... when they buy in they get 2 years and then 1 year.... The attitude will leave a lot to be desired, and maybe the only way to fix it is with new blood.

We do have some players, but can we keep that nucleus together or will they get out of Cleveland as soon as they hit FA. Winning fixes everything, it can't come fast enough.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now it seems that less than a year after Joe Banner told the fans that he had his eye on Chudzinski for years, he decides he’s not worthy.

After Jimmy ripping people off on rebates/commiting mass fraud, it doesn't surprise me that he hired another backstabber in Banner. afterall, should we have expected less from someone with Jimmy's character? LOL!

Your statements are pathetic.

For the record, I'm not going to say whether I think that he should have been fired or not. But, on the face of it, the Browns had Chudzinski, a first time HC, as their primary guy. They got for him a respected OC and a respected DC. Collectively, they blew it and didn't get the job done. Will Norv Turner and Ray Horton (et al) be following him out the door? Probably so.

You may not like it, but going 4-12 with that much help around you isn't likely to make your boss happy if your an NFL HC.

How so?

Is it not a fact that our owner is currently under the microscope of a Federal Investigation concerning rebate fraud and perhaps other crimes?

If our owner was a "man of integrity" he would step away from the Browns and hand over the ownership duties to his wife, brother, or some other trusted associate and step away from the Browns pending the final outcome on his legal/potential criminal problems.....thats what a man of integrity would do.....he has people/family that he could let run this team while he distances himself for awhile until these problems of his are sorted out. thus removing a potential distraction away from the team.

I am not comfortable with a guy with his type of legal issues hanging over his head that leaves his ethics and integrity in question running this team...its bad pr, its bad for business, nothing good can come from it...I am sorry you have a problem with that....if Jimmy was President of this organization instead of its owner, he would have already been fired for these kinds of allegations.....no company would want anything to do that and would distances themselves from it asap.

I think your laying too much blame at the feet of the coaches, Chud in particular, when he didn't have the talent to get the job done.

Look at our roster, the only players on our roster that would start elsehwhere in the NFL are:

1. Thomas
2. Mack
3. Ward
4. Haden
5. Taylor
6. Rubin
7. Bryant
8. Kruger
9. Gordon
10. Camereon
11. Jackson

Now you may be able to make a "on the bubble case" for 2 or 3 more players, but honestly...this is what Chud and the coaches had to work with.....there is no way you could win more then 4-5 games with that kind of talent.....only 11 out of your 53 even belong in the NFL. Only 2 players on offense are legit starters, the rest are on D (which explains why our D ranking was higher), and no QB at all, and no running game....there is no way you can expect to win with that...no way...

Chud got a raw deal here plain and simple....this also leaves the question about the "next guy" what if he goes 4-12 or 5-11 are we going to "one and done" the next guy too? I don't see how this is good for the team.

You may disagree with my statements concerning Haslam, and that's fine, but there is merit in having questions about an owner involved in such legal issues as he is, especially as in the nature of those legal issues leaves a lot to question.

Legend
Legend
i agree with the whole the team quit.

but you guys are killing me with this steelers rivalry crap,

lets get one thing straight. the only people who think this is still a "rivalry" are browns fans.

how many times have we beat the steelers since 99? big ben is a whopping 17-1 against us. hardly a "rivalry"

more of "laughing stock".

theres a big difference between quitting, which they did, and not being hyped for a rivalry. who? almost none of these guys are from ohio, most of them don't even know the feelings the fans have about it, and once again, since we always LOSE, its not a rivalry to them. just the annual ass whooping we are expected to receive.

any of you watching this eagles-boys game? THATS a rivalry.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Another rebuild? Why? There are football players on this team. We'll have a new HC and probably a new coaching staff. *shrug* Maybe someone that'll last only a year until the next HC takes his place. I'd rather go one-&-done instead of continue with something that doesn't improve (and don't give me the injuries or QB inconsistencies). It happens to be the plays executed on the field and the play calling that got Chud fired.

I'm not sure I like the move, but I can certainly understand it from Haslam's viewpoint. I'm sure that a 4-12 season isn't what he expected when he shelled out more than $1 billion to buy the team.

Because the new staff will want "their guys."
And the guys that are here now I am sure have had enough of the constant flux. My thought is the guys that can jump ship will do just that. Or they will want BUKU dollars. And then only perfom if they see hope.
Which in Cleveland is RARE!

So that likely leaves this team in complete rebuild yet again.
And if the next sacrificial lamb comes into an almost impossible situation. One like in which I believe Chud handled as well as could be expected.
When the new dude fails in the same way . Do we get the same roundabout with no exit other than complete re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rebuild again?
Fed up with it.
It was one thing to expect it the last few changes. Which I will admit I was not down with a couple of them.
But this time it was way out in left field with no legit reason that we know of.
Hope they have a doosey of a presser.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
J/C...

If you'd have told me 12 hours ago that the Browns were going to fire Chud by the end of the day I'd have laughed at you and called you a maroon...

Only in Cleveland.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd add DQ to that list as well. He's a soft leader. He's also due a $4M roster bonus this coming year. I think he's gone.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I counter that by saying that the front office quit on this season before it even started...from being completely non-aggressive in free agency, to trading for future picks in the draft, to trading the starting running back and signing a senior citizen as his replacement. They had no intention of fielding team that could compete for the playoffs this year. If you don't hold the front office accountable for quitting on the season, how can you hold the players accountable? And for-the-love-of-God, how can you hold the coach responsible?

You think players quit this season? Good luck bringing in good players next year. No one wants to come to this mess, unless we grossly overpay. If I'm a draft pick, I'm bombing my interview with the Browns just so they don't draft me.

The Browns have had stupid people in-charge before. They've had egotistical people in charge before. I'm not sure they've had stupid egotistical people in charge before, at least not on this level. That is a very, very bad combination. This move has Lombardi written all over it, which is exactly what some people feared when they hired him.

Face it, instead of having the three wise men in charge, we have three snake-oil salesmen (or maybe the three stooges), one of whom owns the team. You think we're ever going to field a consistent winner with that as our foundation? Quit kidding yourself.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C,
Again, The Cleveland Browns prove once again why the Organization is the laughing stock of the league. Only Jacksonville might be run worse!!..But I'm sure the Plain Dealer writers will fall back inline and not really question sorry Joe and clueless Mike!!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
And I love that their are two ads for 2014 season tickets on this page as I type. lol

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I am also waiting to hear about a press conference scheduled tomorrow morning.....all three- Haslem, Banner, and Lombardi need to be waddling out for this one.

Being reported on twitter that Lombardi will not be present at the press conference.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Being reported on twitter that Lombardi will not be present at the press conference.

of course, but to some posters, our GM not showing his face doesn't mean anything, he must be "working hard".

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd throw in Pinkston (who has been griping on twitter all night) and possibly DQ as we'll if he is as upset as some say. Remember when the Bungels traded Dillon and Spikes because they were sick of losing? Marvin said hey if you don't want to be here the door is right there. I laughed at them at the time, but in hindsight it was the turning point for that organization IMO. If a guy wants to leave and we can get value for him let him!!! I'm not saying DQ wants to just that his name was mentioned about demanding a trade.

We have very few people on this team who I would try to talk out of a trade demand if I was a new HC.....as a matter of fact there's only 1 joe. And guess what if Joe is that dead set on leaving then you have to get value for him and move on. I hate it man, but the entire culture has to change as you said, because we see the same crap year after year.

Again I hate Chud didn't get a fair shot, but I don't think he was the guy to change this culture, and ultimately the FO saw that. My problem is they should have never hired him then. If BOb does get the job then why not hire him last year?? Haslem has the loot.....serious about winning make an offer no one else will match.

Oh we'll man, I'm rambling right now....just really frustrated.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just clicking... and I haven't read through the whole 10 pages, but...

I'm hearing a lot of hate towards the FO for this, but just for a devils advocate if you will...

We know we have some talent. We also know this team has been pretty terrible. But unless someone on this board is in that locker room, we have no idea what the players REALLY feel about this staff. They're obviously going to stick up for them in the media. But how do we know there hasn't been some real anti chud going on for a while? Do we know, for sure, that Chud wasn't some total d-bag that the players aren't getting behind? Their play would seem to say that.

I'm not trying to stand up for the FO, cause this is bad on them too. And I liked Chud, but to me, this screams mutiny. I can see a possibility where the FO realized they just flat out made a mistake, or maybe the stuff coming out of Carolina wasn't just sour grapes.

I'm just having a hard time believing there isn't something beneath the surface going on here.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
There is something going on beneath the surface, his name is Lombardi...this move fits his character to a freakin' T

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Dont worry vers I wont be coming around to often other than to say hi to a few folks on here but I am done as a Browns fan. to hell with Banner and Lombardi.

I know I haven't been around recently but I'm out as well, bro. Best of luck to all of you. I can't endure this any longer. It's ruining parts of my life that it shouldn't.

Best wishes to all.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Big WIllie,
First - Please do not look at any Pinkston tweets unless its talking about improving his sorry run blocking!

Second - Our front office has not proven ANYTHING in this first year. Their draft was sorry at best. Yea, trading Richardson got a draft pick but it will be a low first rounder! Also, it left the Browns with NO real RBs. And should we talk about the holes they did not fill this year.

I might not have liked this season but I know when someone is being used as a scapegoat!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just clicking... and I haven't read through the whole 10 pages, but...

I'm hearing a lot of hate towards the FO for this, but just for a devils advocate if you will...

We know we have some talent. We also know this team has been pretty terrible. But unless someone on this board is in that locker room, we have no idea what the players REALLY feel about this staff. They're obviously going to stick up for them in the media. But how do we know there hasn't been some real anti chud going on for a while? Do we know, for sure, that Chud wasn't some total d-bag that the players aren't getting behind? Their play would seem to say that.

I'm not trying to stand up for the FO, cause this is bad on them too. And I liked Chud, but to me, this screams mutiny. I can see a possibility where the FO realized they just flat out made a mistake, or maybe the stuff coming out of Carolina wasn't just sour grapes.

I'm just having a hard time believing there isn't something beneath the surface going on here.

i get what you're saying.

but even if they felt they made a mistake, they didn't do Chud any favors. he did would he could with the players he had.

why not give him another year?

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Of course not.

Because of almost exactly what Orangecrush said a few post above.

Props Crush!

The front office quit on this season before it even started...from being completely non-aggressive in free agency, to trading for future picks in the draft, to trading the starting running back and signing a senior citizen as his replacement.

And the best part.

They had no intention of fielding team that could compete for the playoffs this year. If you don't hold the front office accountable for quitting on the season, how can you hold the players accountable? And for-the-love-of-God, how can you hold the coach responsible?

That is why Lombardi is not going to be there.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I was just thinking about this- and decided a rebuild would be necessary. How will the new staff win over the locker room.

By not accepting mediocrity from the players. Demanding that they come to work every day and give EVERYTHING they have for that and EVERY play.

Quote:

The old vets have seen regimes come and go.... when they buy in they get 2 years and then 1 year.... The attitude will leave a lot to be desired, and maybe the only way to fix it is with new blood.

Honestly, I think that a new attitude is required. You could rebuild certain parts of this team. Rip it all down and replace entire (or nearly) portions of the team.

1. I would replace the ILBs entirely, including D'Qwell Jackson.
2. I would replace nearly the entire OL.
3. I would replace most of the defensive backfield.
4. The only QB that would remain for sure is Hoyer. I might even keep Tanney as the 3rd stringer.
5. The P/K positions would have new players.

The parts that I would largely leave untouched.

1. The entire DT set would remain if possible.
2. The RBs would see Edwin Baker and Dion Lewis remain. I might even keep Ogbonnaya, but I'd eliminate the FB position entirely.

The WRs and TEs would remain mostly intact, with changes in obvious places and that's all.

Quote:

We do have some players, but can we keep that nucleus together or will they get out of Cleveland as soon as they hit FA. Winning fixes everything, it can't come fast enough.

Let them get out as soon as their contracts are up. You can't force someone to sign with you. It happens to other teams too, so no big deal.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It has nothing to do with that.....Lombardi sucks at dealing with the media, a large part of the fanbase/media hate his guts and will kill him for anything he says, and in reality I doubt he is the decision maker in hiring a HC. So there really is no good reason for him to be there. Why further complicate what will already be a PR nightmare tomorrow???

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

If it's going to be carried on WKRK, I'll be tuned in so I can hear it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It has nothing to do with that.....Lombardi sucks at dealing with the media, a large part of the fanbase/media hate his guts and will kill him for anything he says, and in reality I doubt he is the decision maker in hiring a HC. So there really is no good reason for him to be there. Why further complicate what will already be a PR nightmare tomorrow???

is his job not to evaluate talent? is his job not to evaluate players in FA, other teams, signings?

so he feels he doesn't need to explain some of his decisions good or bad?

imo, i would like to know our GM's decision process when he is looking for players. i'm not asking for a damn press conference every week. but before the season and after should definitely be done.

and he has nobody to blame for fans hating him but himself.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Since we need a new coach now, I hope they consider Charlie Strong.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure if they are talking about the draft I see your point, but since they are talking about canning a coaching staff it is delusional to think one thing relates to another.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I will make this as clear as I can. I have not read all 10 pages in this thread so I apologize for duplicating anyone's thoughts. It is time to draw a line in the sand: The Cleveland Browns will make the playoffs in 2014 or Banner and Lombardi will be fired for failing to provide a winner. After all, it is win or be fired. Right Jimmy? If these conditions are not met, I will no longer follow the Browns. I wish no harm to the team or the fans, but I can no longer tolerate the lack of integrity and character displayed by management. Mr. Haslam, you sir are a liar. You have no business owning the Cleveland Browns. I hope your dilemma with regard to Flying J forces you to sell the team. You are a disgrace to the city of Cleveland. Good riddance sir. Mr. Banner and Mr. Lombardi, you have your hands full. I suggest you get busy. Now.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sure if they are talking about the draft I see your point, but since they are talking about canning a coaching staff it is delusional to think one thing relates to another.

but i thought the FO said its a combined decision, so isn't it partly his?

i'm not trying to bust anybody, but its just frustrating being lied to AGAIN by our FO.

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
J/C

This has nothing to do with the topic, but you know who i always thought would have been a good coach for the Cleveland Browns "longterm"?

Jim Tressell

Why? This team is full of younger players, the Browns have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. For whatever reason, Tressell seems to connect with his players. He gets his players to give just that "little bit more" then you would think they are capable of. I have never seen a Jim Tressell team ever quit.....

If you have ever read his book, he has very great insights on making men out of football players....just because these guys are in the NFL don't mean they are "men". He molds young men into the "men of old" he instills values, a winning mentality, and pushing and testing yourself to the limits, and being a good human being and building a family like camaraderie with your football team.

I have always thought Tressell could possibly be the answer here...think about it...Pail Brown came to the Cleveland Browns back in the day from Ohio State, and named the team the Browns and the rest is history....wouldn't it be ironic that another former Ohio State guy comes into Cleveland just like Brown did and turns the place around?

Tressell was on the cusp of getting the Colts job but the Colts decided to go with Pagano instead.

I really think Tressell could be part of fixing things here....I think he just has that "magic" like Bill Cowher has that he gets more out of his players...he gets guys to over acheive....for whatever reason, guys seem to believe in Tressell......and Tressell is a defensive coach so there is no doubt he will have a solid defense.

Like i said, if you want to win you have to do it through the draft. I think Tressell is good at identifying talent that fits into the system he would run....I think Tressel like Cowher is a guy that can rally his team....he just has that "It factor": for a coach that I haven't seen since Cowher walked the sidelines in Pittsburgh....

Also Tressell is an Ohio Guy, even more so then Chud, the guy understands and does live, breath, think, and dream nothing but football...its probably the most important thing to the guy, and I believe if we gave Tressell a shot there is NO ONE would would work harder and more diligently then Tressell to give this town a winner...im talking this is the guy that doesn't even go home at night, and is instead drawing up gameplans, watching film, and finding ways to improve....Tressell has such a worth ethics its almost underheard of today....if for some reason he would not succeed here, it would not be for lack of putting the work in.....Also Tressell does have a backbone and guys that don't perform will hit the pine in favor of guys who are hungry to get in the action, maybe thats what this team needs.

I don't know, but at this point...I would be willing to give Tressell a shot...who knows maybe he can rally these younger guys and to get the culture turned around here.....even if he has 3-4 consecutive 8-8 seasons, that would do A LOT to help things here...to change the atmosphere around this team.

Tressell could do no worse then our past 5 coaches, he is a high risk high reward guy....if he works out, you really got yourself something, if he doesn't, your no worse off then you were with your last 5 coaches.....i think he is worth the gamble, and he would most certainly bring a lot of buzz around this team and a good positive vibe.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Who cares who the next coach is? He'll be fired by next year anyway.

Dumbest move I've seen from this team in quite some time. I expect they'll change back to a 4-3 and run a ball possession offense.

If we hire Josh McDaniels...I don't know if I can root for this team anymore.

you had a good run Hank.
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard